THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
1972-casual
sunthunder
p4pnumber_1
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
payneNglory1
manschesthair_utd
mikeyboybisping
Sheldan
Cowboys From Hell
pinsman
Moose Stuff For Money...
superman_punch
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
redmeanie77
KalDog
efils_god
The_Axe_Emperor
23 posters

UFC 128 Review

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 Empty Re: UFC 128 Review

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Fedor renegotiated his deal before the Big Foot fight. New 3 fight deal. So with the Big Foot fight, that should leave 2 left. I think he'll fight twice more and then quit. I'm hoping for Werdum and Hendo.

He's never been stopped with strikes but getting stopped in that manner when he's in that condition doesn't count. He tapped due to exhaustion. He lost due to exhaustion caused by the terrible shape he was in.

Yeah I think if Machida comes in at his best he wins that fight clearly. He's just better in every aspect. Size and length are Bones' biggest weapons, Machida's style and skillset can negate them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Shogun tapped to Babalu At probably one of the best MMA Events of all time IFC Global Domination a tournament that Babalu won I think exhaustion played a part in the defeat though.

I got to say I would favour Machida against Jones the one thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned Is can Jones take Machida down Machida has excellent TDD.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 pm

I mentioned it. Machida's Judo and Sumo would, IMO, negate Bones wrestling.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

All these possibilities are interesting...
    im just a bit saddened the way MMA is going with it being more about genetic advantage compared to the skills of the fighters.

phil davis being favourite over Nogueira, Brock being champ, etc etc...of course it comes with the popularity, but gone are the says of your "everyman" type guy with great skills and technique being a top fighter.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:10 am

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 Barboza1dgm

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 128shogunfinished

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 JonesBackElbow

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 Round1Shogun-Jones

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 JONESFLYINGKNEE

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 Fc128jmiltkoksha

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 Fc128ekockorass

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Machida would not be able to stop jones takedowns IMO rekon machida would cause bones a lot of problems with his style and his striking tho, not sure about the it doesn't count if you are out of shape still a loss he had the perfect excuse to back out when evans did, if that's the rule Nelson is undefeated
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Anfield, firstly well done for acknowledging Mryzyz in a positive light for a change. This pigeon boy thing may have come to an end.

Secondly although I didn't specify in my previous post I took it as common knowledge that of course I knew that jones had been wrestling a lot longer than 3 years. It doesn't mean that he's been training MMA though does it. He transitioned to MMA 3 years ago if anything.

I was well aware of his credentials. Your making it sound like I think he just walked off the street and started kicking ass. he has been training MMA though a very short time but been competing much longer than that but I'm pretty certain every fighter has competed in some sort of combat sport prior to taking up MMA.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Great point also by 2brutal in saying that if Shogun wasn't fight ready then he had the perfect opportunity to pull out when Rashad did. Yes he wasn't 100% but no fighter ever is. His knee has taken so much he deserves a medal for still competing. He's the Ledley king of the UFC.

Also another great point in saying that if your not in shape the outcome is irrelevant. Step forward Roy Nelson the new UFC HW Champ by default. He's undefeated.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Turns out every judge had the cro-cop - Schaub fight scored the same as me,and had Schaub winning the second until the point deduction.

UFC 128 Review - Page 6 128CroCopSchaub

here's the link to all thye judges scorcards from UFC 128

http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-news/2011/03/ufc-128-official-scorecard-images/
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Would've been a shit way for Mirko to go out, off a robbery decision like that looks like it was gonna be, although of course that depends on what happened in the last round and how the judges scored that.

Oh well, no need to think about it anymore, because possibly the worse outcome has come to be, Schaub landing a lucky ass punch in the last minute and KO'ing the legend. The bastard No
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:18 pm

lol!

Lucky punch No

All the stats and now the official judges scorecards,say Schaub was winning the fight,but it would of been a robbery Rolling Eyes Laughing

I had this big post and was going to take a last chance to wind you Cro-cop fans up,by ripping his career to bits and explaining why calling your boy a Legend is just so far fetched,but it just didn't feel fair or right anymore,there's just no sport left in it now,it's abit like antagonizing a 20 year old rottweiler who's lost all his teeth,(a pretty good analogy for Cro-cops UFC career really Very Happy )couldn't resist

I'm going to miss it all now it's come to an end

Twisted Evil
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm

According to CompuStrike,at UFC 128,Jones out struck Rua 87-13 in total strikes and 65-5 in power strikes.

Jon Jones has out landed his last 5 opponents (Rua,Bader,Matyushenko,Vera and Hamill) 210-37 in total strikes and 156-14 in power strikes.(I Guess shogun didn't do that bad then,since it turns out he landed a third of the total strikes Jones has taken from those 5 fights Shocked )
    In his 8 UFC fights Jones was successful on 21 of 23 takedown attempts and has yet to be taken down himself.

The boy is a beast.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm

superman_punch wrote:Anfield, firstly well done for acknowledging Mryzyz in a positive light for a change. This pigeon boy thing may have come to an end.

Secondly although I didn't specify in my previous post I took it as common knowledge that of course I knew that jones had been wrestling a lot longer than 3 years. It doesn't mean that he's been training MMA though does it. He transitioned to MMA 3 years ago if anything.

I was well aware of his credentials. Your making it sound like I think he just walked off the street and started kicking ass. he has been training MMA though a very short time but been competing much longer than that but I'm pretty certain every fighter has competed in some sort of combat sport prior to taking up MMA.

Pigeon Boy is still Pigeon Boy. He's just pigeon boy - good poster, rather than pigeon boy - animal fetish freak now.

Secondly YOU made it sound like he'd been training for 3 years. As does Bones whenever he opens his mouth.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Schaub on final punch landed on CroCop

When Brendan Schaub cracked Mirko CroCop with a huge right hand at UFC 128, it not only brought an end to the Croatian’s time in the UFC, it also earned Schaub a “Knockout of the Night” bonus.

Just a split second after the right hand landed with CroCop crashing to the mat, Schaub followed up with one more big bomb to put an exclamation point on the evening, finishing the fight in emphatic fashion.

Unfortunately, replays showed CroCop knocked out from the first shot and the second seemed somewhat unnecessary, and Schaub came under fire for the late blow.

Now that the fight is over and he’s had a moment to go back and watch the outcome, Schaub didn’t think he did anything wrong in the heat of the action, especially considering how fast it happened, but it is something he regrets.

“When people are first telling me I’m like what are they talking about? I didn’t have any clue, and I asked my coaches and they’re like no I don’t get it. I re-watched it and I get what people are saying,” Schaub told MMAWeekly Radio about the final strike in the fight.

“In the heat of the moment, and you’re fighting a guy like Mirko CroCop, when I hit him I saw him go limp and he started to get back up. Now that’s not a guy you want to get back up, that guy’s a monster. So, I better get another one in. The other thing too, I don’t stop until the ref pulls me off. It’s one of those things you don’t stop until Herb (Dean) gets in.”

The split second is all it took for Schaub to land the final blow as referee Herb Dean rushed in for the stoppage. On replay and in slow motion, the last punch looked unnecessary, but much like many fights before that, hindsight is always 20/20.

“I wish it never happened, I wish Herb had got there faster so it didn’t happen. I’m not the guy who looks to hurt a guy when he’s down and out like that at all. That is something I wish had never happened,” Schaub admitted.

The fight which will likely go down as CroCop’s last in the UFC, was a huge win for Schaub.

The former “Ultimate Fighter” competitor has now picked up four wins in a row, with three of them coming by way of TKO. Schaub is proud that he was able to beat a legend in Mirko CroCop, but still understands why fans were giving him a hard time after the finish last Saturday night.

“When I saw it in slow motion, I was like ‘aww man’ cause literally CroCop’s my favorite,” Schaub said.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm

^ shit happens, no big deal IMO

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:47 am