THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
The_Axe_Emperor
james_hampton
pinsman
mikeyboybisping
Paolo_73
sunthunder
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
KalDog
redmeanie77
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
great_ginger_10
Ginginho
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
23 posters

Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Anderson signed a new contract, i think it was 4 or 5 fight, and i think Sonnen is the last fight on this old contract.

So Anderson is still going to be around for a while yet. GSP is just too young to go in i feel.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Well once Machida gets his belt back Anderson won't want to fight at 205. But if Machida finishes his contract and walks which is very possible after how he's been treated, then Anderson might just add the 205 belt to the 185 belt. And if he does cut to 170 to fight GSP then we'd be looking at the first ever 3 weight champion.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Does anyone else think Anderson has slimmed down abit recently? I dont think thats 220 lbs here. And when he landed in Abu dhabi he said he was 193 lbs only before he even started cutting.

He definatly could make 170 lbs i feel.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Machida is a well paid man in a good job, whats he going to walk away to? Strikeforce for a fight with King Mo Rolling Eyes I cant see it...

If Machida cant get his belt back Shogun will fight Anderson, Evans, Rampage, Couture even Nog theres some great fights at 205 for him and id bet after the Belfort fight Dana will twist his arm into moving weight classes.

It would be better for his career to go up in weight rather than fight GSP. They have Shields, Kos and the winner of Fitch/Alves lined up of GSP probabally he is busy enough id say. I think if the GSP fight happened they would do a catchweight so the title wasnt on the line, If I had my way it would be catchweight both belts on the line, winner takes all!
    cheers But I dont think the Rules allow it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 pm

When is that video from Meanie??

If Mo is training with BlackHouse he may just become unbeatable. That's an incredible collection of talent in that group shot at the end.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 11:35 pm

That video is few days ago during build up at UFC 114.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Machida is a well paid man in a good job, whats he going to walk away to? Strikeforce for a fight with King Mo Rolling Eyes I cant see it...

If Machida cant get his belt back Shogun will fight Anderson, Evans, Rampage, Couture even Nog theres some great fights at 205 for him and id bet after the Belfort fight Dana will twist his arm into moving weight classes.

It would be better for his career to go up in weight rather than fight GSP. They have Shields, Kos and the winner of Fitch/Alves lined up of GSP probabally he is busy enough id say. I think if the GSP fight happened they would do a catchweight so the title wasnt on the line, If I had my way it would be catchweight both belts on the line, winner takes all!
    cheers But I dont think the Rules allow it.

Strikeforce for fights with Mousasi, Hendo and Fedor, maybe a fight or two in Japan. Then retirement and the continued development of Machida Karate. Machida fights to earn money so that he can dedicate the rest of his life to continuing his fathers work.

Word from BlackHouse is that the whole camp is really pissed about how Machida was treated by the UFC. Dana has been snubbed by more than one person in the build up to 114.

I think Silva could force the issue and make them give him a title fight at 170 or 205 any time he wants, especially after he KO's Sonnen and Belfort. It's much better for Silva's career to go down and KO GSP and then retire. That's whats known as an exclamation point.

Cheers Meanie. Machida looks pretty much healed up. Notice the mass laughter from all of the BlackHouse crew when Dana's name is mentioned.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 29, 2010 11:46 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Does anyone else think Anderson has slimmed down abit recently? I dont think thats 220 lbs here. And when he landed in Abu dhabi he said he was 193 lbs only before he even started cutting.

He definatly could make 170 lbs i feel.

I dont know he looked big enough becide Nog who is a bigger Lhw, he could make 170lbs but would it drain him at his age? It wouldnt be a comfortable weight for him and im getting sick of excessive weight cutting, it makes for shite fights....

Phil Baroni
    Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 6a0105349e894a970b0120a8b6b1cf970b-320wi

has Worse cardio than

Butterbean
    Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 S

Weight cutting is going to far and Id rather see a more powerfull Anderson put on displays like his last 2 outtings.
    -------------------------------------

Blackhouse would be great for Mo, and maby for Blackhouse too, I think Munoz is the best Wrestler currently there... is he? Best camp in MMA, Better than Jacksons.... You cant argue looing at that groupshot, hell of a line up like you say!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Here is a Machida interview at 114

Sidenote- Mike Tyson is apperently going to be at 114 also Cool
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 pm

I think ATT is a far better camp than Jacksons anyway. I think it will remain the same because they've got a higher calibre of coaches than BlackHouse although BlackHouse has the most talented collection of fighters. Mo to Blackhouse would be huge, especially for Anderson with the Sonnen fight coming up, and Machida is going to have to face a wrestler or two on his way back if he sticks around.

Munoz is the only wrestler at BlackHouse as far as I'm aware, he is excellent though in fairness.

Baroni has too much muscle to be cutting weight. Anderson wouldn't be cutting blown up muscles. He was a 170er not many years ago.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 29, 2010 11:58 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Here is a Machida interview at 114

Not a man who is happy in his current employment. The look on his face, the body language and the fact that he gave the answers in Portuguese despite speaking decent English. Machida is pissed off and rightly so.

Enjoy Machida while you can, i don't think he'll be in the UFC for long.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun May 30, 2010 12:00 am

Still rather see him heavier than going after GSP myself.

You may be on to something with Mo. If you want a good sparring partner for Sonnen theres your man. What you think?

Ed Soares is pissed off with Dana, Anderson is pissed off with Dana, wouldnt supprise me if Machida is too... but UFC is where the money is at you would imagine, having said that like you said Fedor is outside the UFC and is running out of opponents. Still think UFC is the place to be moneywise for any figher.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 30, 2010 12:13 am

Hendo is earning more in Strikeforce than in the UFC and Machida is in the same boat. He's one of the best P4P fighters in the world but he's not a huge draw therefore on the UFC pecking order he's behind the likes of Chuck and Forrest in the DANA-WHITE-RANKING-SYSTEM. And he's been fucked about by the UFC.

Dana does not want Machida as UFC champion, he never did and i think Machida will find himself getting passed over for title shots.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun May 30, 2010 12:55 am

To be fair Machida has been treated like shit, I wouldn't be suprised if he left. If I were him, I wouldn't let Dana do that to me but I really wouldn't be suprised if he left. He has every right to be pissed off.

Silva doesn't really, he acted like a dick and deserved everything he got.

Silva seems really intresting in fighting GSP, but it won't happen. Not for the title anyway, Dana won't risk that knowing he is close to retirement.

If Machida gets passed over and Lil Nog as well, Silva will go up and fight Shogun for revenge. Again, im not sure it will be for the title. That would be a great fight, I really want to see that.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 30, 2010 1:19 am

Dana should be careful, a lot of the blackhouse boys have contracts with 3 or less fights on them.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Hofken
    Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Hofbarnett
    Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Hofnog

and since i did the thing i think i should get a free pick pirat

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 Hofigor
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Mate they are all top class! 1st time ive been able to see them cause the computers at work dont display pictures!! Barnett might be the best so far. Good job as always.

Just got the laptop set up at home so im going to get everything updated.... and yes Igor can go in since you have allready done him out... just dont try the same with Tito Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:34 pm

sorry mate just realised I left Igor out... ill stick him in tomorrow...

I just realised that Dan Severn has fought twice his year already beating undefeated 0-1 Sam Flood by 1st round Sub

Then a month later TKOing 2-1 Buddie Dixon for the 1st time in his career!

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 56010Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 40658

Althought what about the beats wearing long shorts... I think he must have kids who pleaded with him to hang the Bananna Hammock up! Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh those arent the guys, just recent(ish) pics from Sherdog... Id love to get a hold of the figts.

93 wins now. Anyone think he will stop at 100?

I hope he goes out with a big bang. I think he should go after a fight with Butterbean if Bean has another fight left in him!
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Tito should be in the hall of fame.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 am

A couple of years ago yes, now no.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:12 pm

HOF entry?

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 11 10000259

Ive added Igor.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Former UFC Hw champ

Beat

Couture
    Shamrock
    Barnett
    Severn
    Coleman

5 Wins over HOF'ers

Beat Arlovski, Monson, Ricco, Tank etc..

Maby he has earned his place before he retires?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Tito has 4 win over UFC champs. (5 good champs counting Wanderlei)

Frye has 1 win over a UFC champ

Pat Miletich has beat None as far as I know...

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 am

those images would make great trading cards, i think dan severn said he was wanting to beat skip hall as oldest winner in mma and skip was 61 how old is dan now im sure he is 52 but their seems to be a bit confusion on his actual age.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:09 am