The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Don Frye is fighting again! Saw an interview and he said he is fighting in China in the next few months! I think Frye has been past it for the past 10 years but sure id be glad to see him get another win, if he even improved his record by beating a couple of Cans id have him in the Hall of Fame for sure....
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Chesty fancy getting this back on the go?
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Shogun needs to be in now.

GSP as well.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Shogun needs to be in now.

GSP as well.

We had this whole debate last time whether currently active fighters should be allowed into the HOF. The general opinion last time was that GSP and Shogun still had a fair bit of there career left and that they could achieve even more than they already have done. I'm in the middle about them tbh. They've done enough to warrant a place in the HOF but it might be too early. HOFs are really for established legends.

kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 pm

i would say that shogun and gsp should be in, the only reason why not would be is that they are still young but they have achieved as much prob more than gomi. not knoking gomi, great fighter.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Ok lads im opening the Hall of Fame again, Starting with 2011 Inductees.

Basically I think this went to shit because its hard to set rules for who gets in and for what. To solve the Problems I going to d another Hall of Fame for Pioneers, Legneds whos record doesnt stack up but did great things, Great trainers and guys who made the sport what it is. I think it would be cool for people to put forward videos or stories of guys bringing in things that changed the sport or evolved it...

Looking for Suggestions on layout and a name for the Thread if anyone fancies helping or throwing in a few names.

As for the fighters hall of fame I wanted to do a few Inductees.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Im not impressed with your performance... but, hes gotta go in,

Heres Fellow HOFer Mark Coleman inducting him.

Since we did the last HOF back in 2009 GSP has pretty much held the number 2 P4P spot, in most rankings. He beat Penn and Alves in that year and following it beat Hardy in every round 10-8's and all, Beat Kos in every round and beat Shields who was the number 2 Mw and top 10 p4p after the crazy 15 fight Streak that included Okami, Condit, Hendo, Mayhem, Lawler and Daley!

GSP has probabally overtaken Matt Hughes as the best Welerweight now. His name is in the historybooks no matter what happens for the rest of his career.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Shogun Rua.

The sign of a great Champ is to come back from defeat they say.

Shogun has taken 5 losses in his career. Coleman, Machida and Forrest are 3 of them. All 3 times Shogun has come back to Avenge the losses in a rematch.

Those are 3 of the names on his CV, The year we published the HOF Shogun went 2-1 in the UFC beating 2 Fellow Hall of Famers in Liddell and Coleman and loosing to a future HOFer in Machida. After that he went another 2-1 beating Machida and Forrest and loosing to a potential HOFer in Bones.

People said he hadnt been the figther he was in Pride. Pride guys from that generating are posting some lossing records in UFC these days, He has gone 4-3 in the UFC All against Champs or ex champs

His is one of the only Pride and UFC Champs and list of top quality wins stands at

Forrest
    Machida
    Liddell
    Coleman
    Overeem x 2
    Randleman
    Lil Nog
    Rampage
    Arona

And he hasnt a padded record of cans either, From the start he was beating with the likes of Gono (who beat Lombard and Mousasi 2 years after) and Cyborg.

Wether your a fan or not Shogun would be top 5 of all time Lhw's in a devision where the top 10 will probabally all end up hall of famers!

The way I see it is he made it to the top of two stacked devisions in the UFC and Pride when the Lhw devision was near enough the stongers in boths history.

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Jeremy Horn

.Titles - 4 Titles in 2 weight classes

.Undefeated Streaks - a 22 fight and a 15 fight streak

.Wins over top class fighters - Liddell, Forrest, Sonnen x3, Prangley, Court McGee, Nike Vitale, David Loiseau, Dean Lister, Gilbert Yvel are some of the bigger names and he Drew with Severn

.P4p - Fought over 3 weight classes, he was previously ranked as the top Mw in the world, top 5 at Lhw and Top 20ish at Hw.

.Contribution to MMA - Over 100 fights

I think Horn ticks all the Boxes for a Hall of Fame figter.

Ive someone currently working on graphics for the Hall of Fame, would everyone be cool with Jeremy Horn going in?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 pm

I vote yes to all 3 and I would also like nominate Pat Militech. What do you think?
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:17 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I vote yes to all 3 and I would also like nominate Pat Militech. What do you think?

Yes to Miletich - he has to be recognised somehow IMO.

No to those who haven't retired from fighting yet. I know that isn't how it is going to work but that is what I think the Hall of Fame should recognise - a place of remembrance for the best that have been. We have a rankings page for current fighters....
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 am

UFC have Had Hughes, Shammy, Coleman, Couture in when they were all still fighting.

Pat will either go in the Hall of Fame or the Pioneers thread. I think he might fit in better in the Pioneers thread because his coachin was as important as his fighting...

Not sure which but 100% he goes in one.

My mate is doing new graphics for the thread because Chesty lost his template. Ill post the 1st new pictures this week and any suggestions you all have throw my way.

Cheers.
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:UFC have Had Hughes, Shammy, Coleman, Couture in when they were all still fighting.

Pat will either go in the Hall of Fame or the Pioneers thread. I think he might fit in better in the Pioneers thread because his coachin was as important as his fighting...

Not sure which but 100% he goes in one.

My mate is doing new graphics for the thread because Chesty lost his template. Ill post the 1st new pictures this week and any suggestions you all have throw my way.

Cheers.

None of them were in the prime of their careers though and hadn't Couture retired for the first time when he got inducted? Shammy, Hughes and Coleman were being trotted out to the cage but they weren't relevant.
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Its not long before the big man makes his mark on the hall of fame!

Happy birthday Mark Hunt, 38 today.
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:10 pm

38! Didnt realise Hunt was that old. Guy is a cert to KO Struve though.

What if he does? Id like to see him fight Mir if Cain beats him because I think Mir would be a winable fight for him as Mir would be forced to stand with him.

Likewise I think Nog would be another winable fight for him.

If he gets passed struve there are a few people considered contenders I could se Hunt sparking!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 am