THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
The_Axe_Emperor
james_hampton
pinsman
mikeyboybisping
Paolo_73
sunthunder
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
KalDog
redmeanie77
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
great_ginger_10
Ginginho
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
23 posters

Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 pm

i'm for making the pictures comical e.g.

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 FedorCream

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 43714d1181830304-funny-strange-random-pics-45422
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Can we really have a man in the HOF who lost to:

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 Bob%20sapp%20crying

and

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 Ph_kin_taiei

???

His record is not that impressive, Saku and Funaki had already gone through too many wars and were past there best. Minowa was the opposite, he still wasn't at his best as a fighter. In 2002-2006 he was nothing more than an average fighter and then in 2009 he really begain to get going. IMO he was the most improved fighter of 2009. Before that however, he was average.

He definitley sets the standard lower, there are loads of other guys who deserve to go over him.

If the standards are really high, I think a few of the guys in can count themselves lucky.

Last edited by ChelseaQuinsfan on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dyslexia :D)
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:04 pm

What about Mir? If he was to beat Carwin and then poss Lesnar surely he deserves a place, he's beat the current HW champ, he beat Nog, Beat Sylvia, breaking his arm in the process, he's been the champ before??? I'm kinda a big fan of Mir's, and the fact that he's not lazy anymore makes me like him more!!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Mir still has a lot to prove before he could be thought about as a HOFer but he still has the time left to change that.

Your right though being a former champ and having those 3 scalps on his record is a good base to build a case on,and if he won back the belt and successfully defended it against the current crop of top guys then I think he would have to be considered,but that seems very unlikely to me while Brocks around.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Chelsea a bit harsh about the Sapp loss... however shit we think Sapp is now, he was once a near 400lbs of Muscle guy who twice beat Ernesto Hoost!

Pins, Mir is a bit to go before he is considered HOF, at the minute Lesnar is an OK scalp considering that Lesnar was very green, Nog win is still tainted. If he beats Carwin and Lesnar he is well on his way to the HOF though. On current form I can see him beating Nog again as well. Maby we will see Mir vs Couture before Couture retires? He doesnt really have enough fights under his belt yet Id say
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:25 pm

you just have to look at the criteria on the first page to see that Mir does not deserve a place.

unless you want Tim and Andrei in there aswell? Rolling Eyes
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah Mir has far too much of a career left to talk about him in the HOF is years too early. He looks on good enough Form and has the Skillset to be one of the greats but look at who else is in there.

Currently Crocop is the only guy im having 2nd though about... What has Mir done in comparison? Beat a sick Nog and a green Lesnar are his crowning achievments, 13/4/0 isnt a great record. Mir has to do a lot. Crocop a lot of the other top heavys of his time and is probabally 3rd greatest of all time.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 am

you mean you are thinking about removing Mirko? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i think i wrote a thesis about why he should be included somewhere in this thread. Very Happy
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Ye I agree that Mir has a long way to go before he is a HOF fighter, if he didn't get injured you know he could be close but not right now, he still has a way to go.

I actually think you can consider Sapp as wasted err talent? Just because of the pure size of him if he actually bothered training he could have been a lot better than he is now.

Why are you having second thoughts on Cro Cop?

If Cro Cop is out how can Tamura possibly get in? He has quite a few losses to substandard fighters and he has wins over good fighters, no legends though. I just think he would be well below the standard of HOF and everyone else on the list is much better than him. I doubt he will beat Zaromskis anyway.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 pm

this is a great hall of fame, but its just a list of fighters, if i did something cool like this then it would be better.

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 8 Hofsakuraba

i did the template so i just have to put a photo infront of the background of the crowd and change the words.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm

That looks excellent Chesty

Nice 1 mate

You just have to add 5 attributes and scores and you've just created the best set ever of that card game I used to play as a kid,Top Trumps
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:this is a great hall of fame, but its just a list of fighters, if i did something cool like this then it would be better.

i did the template so i just have to put a photo infront of the background of the crowd and change the words.

Thats absolutely brilliant man
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Very nicely done mate, looks great.
    james_hampton
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  james_hampton Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

That looks pretty sweet. Have you guys ever done an attribute score, where you rank guys out of 10 for, boxing, muai thai, GnP, takedowns etc?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:43 pm

[/b]Sakuraba[b]

Strength ???/100
    Speed ???/100
    Striking Skills ???/100
    Submission Skills ???/100
    Endurance ???/100
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:this is a great hall of fame, but its just a list of fighters, if i did something cool like this then it would be better.

Wow Ive only noticed that mate!!! Seriously good Job. That looks superb!!! If you could be arsed doing it for every fighter if its not hard or showing me how to do it, id be happy to do it for you. Good Job.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Anyone good with Photoshop or anything want to do pictures out?..... Go on... Ill let you put GSP in! Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 pm

If it means letting GSP in, I can give it a go but im not that good with stuff like that Laughing
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Big John McCarthy?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Chelsea, Chesty is on it, he is emailing me a template so I can create pics like his Sakuraba one or might to it himself if its too complicated for me! Laughing

The_Axe_Emperor, Not going to have Ref etc.. just want to keep it for fighers.

On HOF'ers Don Frye says he isnt retired!!! Says he is looking a rematch with PeeWee herman! I really hope Frye can string togeather a handfull of wins and get HOF status. Monson would be a good opponent for him I think.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Ok cool, if it looks anything like the Sakarabu pic it should be great.

On Don Frye, i would love for him to get in, but unless he goes on absolute tear and beats some HOF fighters I think its going to be very hard for him to get in and keep the standard very high. The only HOF on his list of wins is Shamrock.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 pm

that's the thing with some of the great name's of the past,alot are Legends of the sport like Tank,Frye,Smith etc but there records would never see them get into a HOF,even though some in there own right are just as famous if not more famous than a few that will make HOF status.

If there was a list for the biggest names in MMA history then they would all walk onto that list.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Id love to see Fry get in, the boat has sailed on Tank and Smith id say! Laughing

But Frye was really close, partly because he was one of the original guys who took cross training seriously and was the evolution of a modern figher. He was also former UFC champ and beat Shammy....

But I think his career ended so badly he cant go in without a wee run of wins to at least make his record look better numbers wise.

I think he should go after his old mentor Dan Severn!

There are winnable fights for him but it would involve cutting to Lhw. What about Houston Alexander for example? Maby going after Randleman? I dunno If Don picked the right fights he could get a few passible wins.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Haven'tlooked at page one, so don't really know who's on and who isn't but i'll recommend a few that i wouldn't say are 'dead certs' to be in it already.

- Antonio Inoki

- Masakatsu Funaki

- Rorion Gracie

- Rickson Gracie

- Shogun

- Lil' Evil

- Pat Miletech

- Ricco Rodriguez
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:03 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Haven'tlooked at page one, so don't really know who's on and who isn't but i'll recommend a few that i wouldn't say are 'dead certs' to be in it already.

- Antonio Inoki

- Masakatsu Funaki

- Rorion Gracie

- Rickson Gracie

- Shogun

- Lil' Evil

- Pat Miletech

- Ricco Rodriguez

I'd say shogun is closest there but still has a way to go. I believe records only count in this HOF

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm