THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Football discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm

efils_god wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

I concur with the once mohawked and ginger one's!!!!

So he did dive or he didn't? Make your mind up.

No he didn't dive, there was clear contact so he went down.

I think if you read Ging and Pete's posts again you'll see that neither of them say Suarez dived.

Anyway i'm sick of this debate so until next weekend, when there is huge public outcry over someone else being awarded a "debatable" penalty, i'll leave it to you haters to discuss!!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Going down because there was contact, and not because of the contact, is diving....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:05 pm

efils_god wrote:Going down because there was contact, and not because of the contact, is diving....

No it's not, and the contact clearly took his leg away.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Why would Suarez dive knowing there was a high possibility that the penalty would be missed?

Axe, all 6 replays showed contact, from all different angles.

And it's comical to see a West Ham fan talk shit about Suarez, considering who West Ham's best player in the last 30 years is.

The ball was going out, I'd rather a penalty than a goal kick...

Of course they did..........

And who would that be?

Ball wasn't going out at all. Suarez would easily have reached it, and scored a simple goal.

Oh, and this Nazi piece of scum

Football discussion - Page 36 Paolo_di_canio1
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    efils_god wrote:Going down because there was contact, and not because of the contact, is diving....

Their shins did slightly brush, so I could understand how even as a Liverpool fan you could claim there was contact, but to claim it clearly took his leg away is too far, it was easier to stay up than go down.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyone watching this arsenal game? Some match
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Their shins did slightly brush, so I could understand how even as a Liverpool fan you could claim there was contact, but to claim it clearly took his leg away is too far, it was easier to stay up than go down.

Exactly! There may have been the slightest of contact, but he still threw himself down. Only Liverpool fans would say otherwise.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 pm

So efils? Would you consider Danny Swanson to be a 'diver'? I've heard him state (on more than one occassion) that he went down after minimal contact.

And again, this is to simply highlight, that we ALL petty much, tolerate it (at least) it, when it is done by one of 'ours'.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:56 am

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Slightly brush? Jesus christ. Watch the replays. You can see the impact on both of their legs!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Slightly brush? Jesus christ. Watch the replays. You can see the impact on both of their legs!

Give over, it was a slight brush, there was no impact from any of the shins at all, I doubt that the contact was even felt due to the shinpads being in the way. You can see that clearly in the video, and you can also see that Suarez was going down before the contact even came in.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

If you claim you can't see the impact on both of their shins, ie. their shin pads flexing from the impact, then you're either blind, stupid or full of shit.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:29 pm

I notice how you didn't comment on the fact Suarez was going down before the 'contact' even took place, or I suppose that obviously didn't happen either did it?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 pm

How was he going down before contact was made? What utter bolox.

Suarez's body position was exactly the same as it was twice in this run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4O4Da4sDI
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Ahh of course it wasn't, silly me. It must just be the dodgy video that shows Suarez begin to lift his left leg off the floor before the 'contact' took place, suppose he was just trying to jump over the goalkeeper wasn't he or something like that, we all seem to forget that Suarez is an angel and is just painted like some sort of disgrace by the media, it's not like he has a track record is it, bloody media.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Sheldan wrote:Ahh of course it wasn't, silly me. It must just be the dodgy video that shows Suarez begin to lift his left leg off the floor before the 'contact' took place, suppose he was just trying to jump over the goalkeeper wasn't he or something like that, we all seem to forget that Suarez is an angel and is just painted like some sort of disgrace by the media, it's not like he has a track record is it, bloody media.

For a United supporter to criticise people diving when you have had such past masters like Ronaldo, van Nistlerooy and at the moment, Nani, all of whom were/are far more prolific, is just hypocritical.

In this case there WAS contact between Suarez and the keeper, maybe not enough to cause his reaction, I don't know, but this sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME. Probably 60-70% of all free kicks in football are won in the same way so banging on about this one instance just seems ridiculous.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 pm

It's actually hilarious for a United fan to ever talk about diving. Their title dominance has been built on diving. Kanchelskis, Cole, RVN, Ronaldo and Nani are supreme divers and at least two ex-United players have said in autobiographies that Ferguson encourages it in and around the box. Jaap Stam was one, can't remember who the second was. Lee Sharpe maybe? Someone pretty shit anyway.

Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Sheldan wrote:Ahh of course it wasn't, silly me. It must just be the dodgy video that shows Suarez begin to lift his left leg off the floor before the 'contact' took place, suppose he was just trying to jump over the goalkeeper wasn't he or something like that, we all seem to forget that Suarez is an angel and is just painted like some sort of disgrace by the media, it's not like he has a track record is it, bloody media.

Track record? Comical. Look at your own club. A fine history of scum over the last 20 years. Nothing Suarez has done comes close to the actions of Ferguson - assaulting players, Cantona - attacking a fan, stamping on players, Keane - premeditated assault on an opponent, Schmeiceal - racial abuse of Ian Wright captured on camera (as opposed to Suarez's case where 3 men appointed by the FA, one of whom is a family friend of Ferguson, decided that he probably did something despite zero evidence to back it up).

And of course, the countless divers over the years.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Track record? Comical. Look at your own club. A fine history of scum over the last 20 years. Nothing Suarez has done comes close to the actions of Ferguson - assaulting players, Cantona - attacking a fan, stamping on players, Keane - premeditated assault on an opponent, Schmeiceal - racial abuse of Ian Wright captured on camera (as opposed to Suarez's case where 3 men appointed by the FA, one of whom is a family friend of Ferguson, decided that he probably did something despite zero evidence to back it up).

Don't forget the saint that is Rio Ferdinand missing a drugs test, Ryan "the legend" Giggs having an affair with his brother wife and intimidating a witness in court. I'm sure there a countless other cases of double standards from Salford United but no doubt these are all smear campaigns by the media and EVERYONE who doesn't support united!!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 am

I am a neutral, and i am aware that people in all clubs dive, so i am not singling out Suarez, i know Nani, Ronaldo, Drogba etc etc are all diving too.

But you are saying it was NOT a dive, and that for me is simply untrue.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Even every single, and I mean EVERY single Liverpool fan I know/have on Facebook accept that it was a dive, but hey ho, let's agree to disagree.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Even every single, and I mean EVERY single Liverpool fan I know/have on Facebook accept that it was a dive, but hey ho, let's agree to disagree.

All lies....I'm you friend on Facebook and I don't think it was a dive!!!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz cheers cheers cheers cheers
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:58 pm

You bastard! Sad haha!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Even every single, and I mean EVERY single Liverpool fan I know/have on Facebook accept that it was a dive, but hey ho, let's agree to disagree.

A very nice effort, but you were foiled.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:51 am

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Don't forget the saint that is Rio Ferdinand missing a drugs test, Ryan "the legend" Giggs having an affair with his brother wife and intimidating a witness in court. I'm sure there a countless other cases of double standards from Salford United but no doubt these are all smear campaigns by the media and EVERYONE who doesn't support united!!

Don't forget Rooney shagging granny's while his wife was pregnant and threatening to assault people on Twitter. Let's also not forget the two products of the United youth system who have recently been fined by the FA for making homophobic remarks to people on twitter.

But all of these things are fine as long as Fergie says they are. But if any of them were to not shake a hand that wasn't offered to them, they'd be a disgrace.

Did you see Glen Johnson's interview in the Mail? He was spot on with what he said.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:50 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Don't forget Rooney shagging granny's while his wife was pregnant and threatening to assault people on Twitter. Let's also not forget the two products of the United youth system who have recently been fined by the FA for making homophobic remarks to people on twitter.

But all of these things are fine as long as Fergie says they are. But if any of them were to not shake a hand that wasn't offered to them, they'd be a disgrace.

Did you see Glen Johnson's interview in the Mail? He was spot on with what he said.

Yeah I read it on Sky Sports last night, it backs Suarez's tweet straight after the game saying all is not what it seems.
    Love what Johnson said about the T-Shirts and calling pisshead McGrath a racist!! ha ha

Whats your prediction for tomorrow, i'm going to the match but fear the worst, although, Sunderland being without Sessegnon and Cattermole is a blessing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm