THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Sheldan quick the scouse have finally come to whatever little sense they had and have #Kennyout trending on twitter.

Lets start #KennyIn trend going. Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Sheldan quick the scouse have finally come to whatever little sense they had and have #Kennyout trending on twitter.

Lets start #KennyIn trend going. Laughing

Haha yeah I saw that, they can't sack Kenny! He is a bigger asset to United than Fergie is! Long live the King!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm

28 points behind, Long live King Kenny cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Sheldan wrote:Personally I still think that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

there's only one other person in the world that thinks that, and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's not even the second best player in the world.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Suarez is a diving, cheating cunt and I've been saying it for a while. Bear in mind this is not an attack on Liverpool football club, it's a criticism of a player, one who very much deserves everything thing he gets.

Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive about their clubs. Suarez is a cheater, very simple. Yes yes, it's rich coming from someone who supports a club that Drogba plays for but at the same time that's not the point. The point is Suarez dived against Arsenal and while he is a very good player, he is also a twat. It's comical to claim Sheldan is in a glass box because of the actions of others. That's like saying every Liverpool supporter is in a glass house because their captain and one of their greatest ever players is a thug. Using that logic, nearly anyone who supports a football club would be in a glass house.

There is a difference between attacking one player and an entire club

It was a foul, not even questionable. Blatant contact shin to shin. Every single replay shows it.

Chavski fans really shouldn't open their mouths. Your club is a joke.

It's like talking to a wall. Whether or not Chelsea is a joke is irrelevant, Suarez is still a cheating thug.

Was fouled, therefore didn't cheat. Thug?? Comical.

He's a cheater and a thug just like Bellamy and Gerrard.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:25 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Football discussion - Page 38 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=f86p

Going to be a great few weeks coming up now.

This is quite hilarious...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Ginginho wrote:To move away from all this club bashing Laughing I thought I would try to change the subject!!

After scoring 5 in a Champions League match last week, Lionel Messi has been described as some pundits as the best football player of all time.... Do you agree with this or does he still have more to prove?

The 2 players widely regarded as the best ever, Pele and Maradona, have their reputations largely based on their international exploits - does this affect Messi's claim as best ever??

Are there any current players even in his league at the moment?

Right now Messi is top 10 ever. At 24 that's ridiculous. The claims that he's the best ever are premature and an insult to people like Cruyff, Puskas, Maradona, Pele, Garrincha, and others. He probably will go down as the best ever though.

There's still plenty of time for him to win a world cup. He'll play in at least two more and Argentina have a fantastic amount of talent right now. Talent that are Messi's age or younger. So building a world cup winning team is extremely possible.

There is nobody even close to him. Iniesta is the second best player after Messi and he's quite a way back. Nobody else is even in sight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Suarez is a diving, cheating cunt and I've been saying it for a while. Bear in mind this is not an attack on Liverpool football club, it's a criticism of a player, one who very much deserves everything thing he gets.

Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive about their clubs. Suarez is a cheater, very simple. Yes yes, it's rich coming from someone who supports a club that Drogba plays for but at the same time that's not the point. The point is Suarez dived against Arsenal and while he is a very good player, he is also a twat. It's comical to claim Sheldan is in a glass box because of the actions of others. That's like saying every Liverpool supporter is in a glass house because their captain and one of their greatest ever players is a thug. Using that logic, nearly anyone who supports a football club would be in a glass house.

It was a foul, not even questionable. Blatant contact shin to shin. Every single replay shows it.

It's like talking to a wall. Whether or not Chelsea is a joke is irrelevant, Suarez is still a cheating thug.

Not sure how Bellamy could be classed as a cheater but he more than makes up for his thuggish actions with his work away from football. Ridiculous claims in both regards towards Suarez. Gerrard got in a fight, hardly a thug. Not like Terry who's constantly shown himself to be a disgrace for the past 10 years.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

there's only one other person in the world that thinks that, and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo La Liga stats this season - 26 games, 32 goals, 7 assists

Messi La Liga stats this season - 24 games, 28 goals, 8 assists

For me if you take away Xavi and Iniesta then Messi would be half the player he is. I think they do a better job for Barca than Messi does, but obviously Messi gets most of the credit. Ronaldo has done everything for Madrid this season, he has carried that team. For Messi to shine at his best you need another 2-3 players suited for his style, for Ronaldo to shine at his best, you need Ronaldo.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Ginginho wrote:To move away from all this club bashing Laughing I thought I would try to change the subject!!

After scoring 5 in a Champions League match last week, Lionel Messi has been described as some pundits as the best football player of all time.... Do you agree with this or does he still have more to prove?

The 2 players widely regarded as the best ever, Pele and Maradona, have their reputations largely based on their international exploits - does this affect Messi's claim as best ever??

Are there any current players even in his league at the moment?

I agree with Axe, club football has surpassed international football and for some time now. Honestly I feel today's international scene lacks passion like in rugby, their doesn't seem to be as much pride to play for your country like before.

However it's possibly just a little bit too early to call him the GOAT. I feel like he's surpassed Maradona already but I'm not sure about Pele, the problem with these debates is it's almost impossible to compare. How would Pele fair in the game today? You could argue he would be ineffective or with the better training that goes on today he would have been even better.

For me the best way for him to prove he is the best of all time is to leave Barcelona and join a team in the PL or Seria A. Just to see how successful he is playing in another league and in a side without the likes of Iniesta and Xavi. He is unquestionably better for Barca than Argentina IMO and that has lot to do with the players around him. That's one thing Ronaldo has over Messi, he's proved himself in the two best leagues in the world.

As for Ronaldo, I think he's a more complete player than Messi and while at times he shows the potential to match Messi, I still think he falls a little short. Messi is the best player in the world followed by Ronaldo IMO no one comes close to those two right now.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Not sure how Bellamy could be classed as a cheater but he more than makes up for his thuggish actions with his work away from football. Ridiculous claims in both regards towards Suarez. Gerrard got in a fight, hardly a thug. Not like Terry who's constantly shown himself to be a disgrace for the past 10 years.

Bellamy is just a thug, but one of the biggest in football. Only person who is a bigger thug in England is Barton. He does some wonderful work with charity but that doesn't mean he isn't a thug. A thug is capable of good as well, but he remains a thug nevertheless. You are talking about a moron who threatened a team mate with a golf club.

Suarez and Gerrard are both thugs and both cheats. Gerrard tops it off by being a hypocrite as well. He didn't get in a fight, he assaulted a man because he didn't play the music he wanted. If that's not a thug, I don't know what is.

Terry is a twat, nothing new here.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Ronaldo La Liga stats this season - 26 games, 32 goals, 7 assists

Messi La Liga stats this season - 24 games, 28 goals, 8 assists

For me if you take away Xavi and Iniesta then Messi would be half the player he is. I think they do a better job for Barca than Messi does, but obviously Messi gets most of the credit. Ronaldo has done everything for Madrid this season, he has carried that team. For Messi to shine at his best you need another 2-3 players suited for his style, for Ronaldo to shine at his best, you need Ronaldo.

Comical stuff. So Ozil, DiMaria, Kaka, Alonso, Higuain, Benzema etc have been doing nothing all year? Rubbish. You might want to actually watch Real and Barca play. Messi does far more for Barca than Ronaldo does for Real. Ronaldo without Ozil and DiMaria would have been nowhere close to Messi in goals this season. He's been nowhere close to Messi in performances either.

Top 20 assisters in the league, Real have 6. Ronaldo is 3rd amongst those 6. Barca have 5. Messi is top amongst those 5. The top 2 in the league both play for Real.

Top 5 scorers in the league, Real have 3, Barca have 1. Barca don't have a single other player in double figures in goals in the league this season other than Messi.

We won't even get into the undeniable fact that Ronaldo chokes on the big stage, whilst Messi flourishes. Or that he's two years older than Messi and hasn't accomplished nearly as much.

Convenient that you pick the stats that back your argument. Why not look at the real stats.

Ronaldo 38 starts, 3 substitute appearamces, 44 goals, 9 assists. 244 shots on goal.
    Messi 39 starts, 3 substitute appearances, 48 goals, 15 assists. 182 shots on goal

Scores more, creates more, wastes far less.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Bellamy is just a thug, but one of the biggest in football. Only person who is a bigger thug in England is Barton. He does some wonderful work with charity but that doesn't mean he isn't a thug. A thug is capable of good as well, but he remains a thug nevertheless. You are talking about a moron who threatened a team mate with a golf club.

Suarez and Gerrard are both thugs and both cheats. Gerrard tops it off by being a hypocrite as well. He didn't get in a fight, he assaulted a man because he didn't play the music he wanted. If that's not a thug, I don't know what is.

You don't know what happened between Bellamy and Riise so don't embarrass yourself by talking about it. Nor do you know what happened in the nite club with Gerrard. Nothing to show Suarez is a thug, and your claims that he's a cheat are based on a clear foul.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:57 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

As for Ronaldo, I think he's a more complete player than Messi

That's hilarious. More complete? Jesus wept.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

You don't know what happened between Bellamy and Riise so don't embarrass yourself by talking about it. Nor do you know what happened in the nite club with Gerrard. Nothing to show Suarez is a thug, and your claims that he's a cheat are based on a clear foul.

Seeing how you are adament that it was a foul, was his handball VS Ghana not clear proof that he is a cheat? Before you come back with your "any player would have done that" like you no doubt will, he still cheated. Therefore he is a cheat.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 pm

When taking about the best players in the world, where does this fella rank?

He scored that hat trick on the same day Messi got 5 against Leverkusen Shocked
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:When taking about the best players in the world, where does this fella rank?

I signed him for United for £40 million on football manager and he just won the world player of the year in 2014, watch this space Razz Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Seeing how you are adament that it was a foul, was his handball VS Ghana not clear proof that he is a cheat? Before you come back with your "any player would have done that" like you no doubt will, he still cheated. Therefore he is a cheat.

He saved his country from elimination. If there is a player in any team that would not do the same, they should retire immediately.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Doesn't matter if I don't know what happened between Riise and Bellamy, threatening someone with a golf club make you a thug. The judge very clearly said "never in a million years was the self defence". Enough for me.

Here's a nice little compilation of Suarez's thuggary

(you can add being a pussy to the list as well)

and here's another example of him being a bitch.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:When taking about the best players in the world, where does this fella rank?

Ridiculously talented. May not be the best Brazilian of his generation though.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:He saved his country from elimination. If there is a player in any team that would not do the same, they should retire immediately.

But that's not answering my question, why does him cheating by purposely handballing not make him a cheat?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Can head the ball better, shoot from distance better, better from free kicks, more athletic and has better fitness. Messi can pass and dribble better. Pace is about equal.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm

What Suarez did was cheating. Whether it was the right thing to do is down to opinion, but it was cheating pure and simple. Exactly the same as Henry vs Ireland except everyone was bitching when Henry did it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Can head the ball better, shoot from distance better, better from free kicks, more athletic and has better fitness. Messi can pass and dribble better. Pace is about equal.

Better from freekicks? Ronaldo is shit at freekicks! 50 freekick attempts this year, ZERO goals. He's a hit and hope merchant. Messi is far better at freekicks.

More athletic? Better fitness? They have nothing to do with football ability. Glen Johnson is more athletic and has better fitness than Wayne Rooney, does that contribute to him being a better player than Rooney? Does it fuck.

Messi has more goals from outside the box over the past 2 seasons than Ronaldo.

He's better at heading. that's about his lot.

Messi is better in every other aspect. Passing, dribbling, creatively, crossing, work-rate, scoring, shooting in general(look at the goals per shots stats) two footedness (Messi scores more with his right than Ronaldo does with his left).
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:What Suarez did was cheating. Whether it was the right thing to do is down to opinion, but it was cheating pure and simple. Exactly the same as Henry vs Ireland except everyone was bitching when Henry did it.

Henry didn't need to do that though. France weren't going to be eliminated if he hadn't done it. Completely different circumstance, very poor attempt at comparison.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm