THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion Empty Football discussion

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Sorry if this is against the rules of thearmbar but i thought we needed a new thread to discuss the Premier League this year as its shaping up to be quite a season!

Who've you all got in the Chelsea- Arsenal match today then?

*note: this thread was inspired by the demise of Liverpoo*
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Demise of Liverpool? Even with our worst ever start to a season, we're still ahead of West Ham.
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm a Rangers fan but in the interests of watching good football i tune into the premier league!!

Would like Arsenal to win today but i've got a feeling Chelsea will win.

Blackpool in Europe, thats what i'd like to see! Very Happy
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Check the first part of my name for my answer Smile
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm

YES!

Liverpool about to lose to BlackPool Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Final score at Anfailed...

Loserpool 1 Blackpool 2

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Liverpool are awful this year and will be until the Americans go and we get a proper manager. We're going to finish mid-table and most fans knew that before the season started. Losing to Blackpool is comical and will hopefully mean Dalglish replaces Hodgson soon.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Liverpool are awful this year and will be until the Americans go and we get a proper manager. We're going to finish mid-table and most fans knew that before the season started. Losing to Blackpool is comical and will hopefully mean Dalglish replaces Hodgson soon.

Mid-table! I'm tipping you relegation. Not particularly because its realistic, but because it would be FUCKING HILARIOUS Very Happy
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 pm

just watched the chelsea/arsenal game what a strike by alex.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I was nervous watching that game, they were the better team in the 1st half but we put away our chances. Alex does have a tremendous strike on him.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm a Blackpool lad and the whole town is buzzing its tits off so far this season!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:49 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Demise of Liverpool? Even with our worst ever start to a season, we're still ahead of West Ham.

Yea but the difference is we're expected to be around the bottom...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Every Hammers fan I spoke to during the season assured me that they'd finish top 10!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:26 pm

After that season? They're clearly delusional fans.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Well that squad of players should never have been struggling against relegation to begin with. Green-Upson-Parker-Cole is a spine of England internationals. Tomkins, Collison and Noble are all great young players. Stanislas looks a great prospect and in Behrami you've got a player that would walk into any team in the league IMO.

With a new manager, the retention of all your top players and the additions of quality internationals like Hitzlsperger, McCarthy and Ben Haim I think anything below 11th should be considered a poor season. West Ham are only a leftback and a quality partner for Cole away from having a very good team.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:07 pm

anfield thats pretty much whee newcastle are with thier squad couple of players short of a ok team. ben arfa was unlucky and will be a BIG miss.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm

The Championship is where all the action is Wink

Being a Forest fan,I have to say that Very Happy

Hopefully next year,I'll change my opinion Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 pm

I wouldn't say Berhami could walk into any team in the prem. That's a big stretch, he's a good player no doubt but I couldn't see him getting into the Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, City or Spurs team and possibly a few more.

Real shame what happened to Ben Arfa, he is a talented player and was looking like he could be a real success. Collicini got injured as well.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:40 pm

James Perch will sort the Newcastle defence out,don't worry Razz
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 pm

drogba and malouda are stunning players, great quality.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Green has had a pretty poor start to the season by his standards, the last one or two weeks he's regained his top class form but the first few games he was making a few mistakes in every game.

Upson, again has been quite bad this season, but is starting to show why he's Englands third choice centre back.

Parker, not a bad word to say about him, been phenomenal in every game and i'm surprised and delighted that he's stil at West Ham. Our best, most cherished and most hard-working player by a country mile.

Cole has been very hit and miss for a few seasons now. He's frustrating to watch because he goes through patches of great form, then he either gets injured or dropped and when he gets back in the team he just can't get back on the scoresheet.

You're right though, all of those on their day are a bloody good lot of players to have.

Tomkins needs more time in the reserves i think, it's all very well and good being in the first team but with the amount of mistakes hes been making its clear to all that he's not up to the mark just yet. A year or two and he'll be ready.

Collison is a great young player but he's been out injured for quite a while.

Noble, also a great player but hasn't been playing as much as he should be, he's always been a great playmaker and the perfect foil for Parkers defensive duties.

Stanislas is still taking steps to moving into the first team but he'll be worthy of a first team place i'm sure.

Behrami i totally disagree on. All he has is a great engine and a knack for fouling, he's been very disappointing since his move from Lazio.

Avram IMO is a very overrated manager, he got to the Champions League final, Carling Cup final and was contesting the Premier League with Mourinho's team and failed to win any. As for the Portsmouth season, no-one expected that FA Cup run and i think that was more down to the players than anything, still got relegated though.

Anything above 11th would be a fantastic season, anything around 11th would be OK and anything below 11th but above 17th would be satisfactory, for me anyway, especially after the start we've had!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I wouldn't say Berhami could walk into any team in the prem. That's a big stretch, he's a good player no doubt but I couldn't see him getting into the Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, City or Spurs team and possibly a few more.

Real shame what happened to Ben Arfa, he is a talented player and was looking like he could be a real success. Collicini got injured as well.

He's walk into Chelski, United's and City teams at rightback. And at right midfield for Arsenal, Spurs and anyone else.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:19 pm

the_king wrote:anfield thats pretty much whee newcastle are with thier squad couple of players short of a ok team. ben arfa was unlucky and will be a BIG miss.

Newcastle need a goalkeeper, a couple of defenders and a couple of strikers. They have a strong midfield.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:22 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Green has had a pretty poor start to the season by his standards, the last one or two weeks he's regained his top class form but the first few games he was making a few mistakes in every game.

Upson, again has been quite bad this season, but is starting to show why he's Englands third choice centre back.

Parker, not a bad word to say about him, been phenomenal in every game and i'm surprised and delighted that he's stil at West Ham. Our best, most cherished and most hard-working player by a country mile.

Cole has been very hit and miss for a few seasons now. He's frustrating to watch because he goes through patches of great form, then he either gets injured or dropped and when he gets back in the team he just can't get back on the scoresheet.

You're right though, all of those on their day are a bloody good lot of players to have.

Tomkins needs more time in the reserves i think, it's all very well and good being in the first team but with the amount of mistakes hes been making its clear to all that he's not up to the mark just yet. A year or two and he'll be ready.

Collison is a great young player but he's been out injured for quite a while.

Noble, also a great player but hasn't been playing as much as he should be, he's always been a great playmaker and the perfect foil for Parkers defensive duties.

Stanislas is still taking steps to moving into the first team but he'll be worthy of a first team place i'm sure.

Behrami i totally disagree on. All he has is a great engine and a knack for fouling, he's been very disappointing since his move from Lazio.

Avram IMO is a very overrated manager, he got to the Champions League final, Carling Cup final and was contesting the Premier League with Mourinho's team and failed to win any. As for the Portsmouth season, no-one expected that FA Cup run and i think that was more down to the players than anything, still got relegated though.

Anything above 11th would be a fantastic season, anything around 11th would be OK and anything below 11th but above 17th would be satisfactory, for me anyway, especially after the start we've had!

Can't agree on Behrami at all. The guy is a top class player.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:25 pm

I dont know what you've seen that i haven't then. He plays right midfield btw, Julien Faubert/ Vin Diesel is the full back.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 pm