THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 pm

I don't understand how listing examples of things United players have done is a reason as to why I shouldn't be able to criticise Suarez for it? I haven't tried to claim it was ok for United players to do some of the things they've done, as clearly it wasn't. But that shouldn't then also mean that it is ok for Suarez to do it too. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Sheldan wrote:I don't understand how listing examples of things United players have done is a reason as to why I shouldn't be able to criticise Suarez for it? I haven't tried to claim it was ok for United players to do some of the things they've done, as clearly it wasn't. But that shouldn't then also mean that it is ok for Suarez to do it too. Two wrongs don't make a right.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone is trying to excuse whatever huge crime Suarez has supposed to have committed. I personally am just trying to say that there has been plenty of other footballers who have done wrong but there has never been this huge outcry. Oh and Fergie has never called for anyone to be banned for life or sold by another club. I think Kung Fu kicking a fan deserves the noose if Suarez should be banned for life for his alleged actions!!!

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:19 pm

What u make of that last night Sheldan lad? I personally havn't seen United outclassed like that in a while..even including the 6-1 game vs City.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:40 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:What u make of that last night Sheldan lad? I personally havn't seen United outclassed like that in a while..even including the 6-1 game vs City.

We've been terrible in Europe all season, we have only won 1 game at home in Europe all season and that was against the minnows of Galati, and we were poor in that game too. We're fully capable of going to Bilbao and winning 2-0, but the way we've played in Europe this season, they'll probably beat us there too.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 am

Yourself, Fergie and Evra should go back into your glass house, climb back into your box and stay in it.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 am

I'm in a glass house when I've said that it's not right when United players or any other player does it? Yeah, that logic makes sense.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:49 am

yes you are, because whilst your players continue to do things of that nature, and your success over 20 years has been built on players like Cantona, Keane etc. etc. and diving has been encouraged by your manager, you are not in a position to criticise any player for pretty much anything.

If a player gets caught molesting chicken, and it can be proven that Wayne Rooney has not done similar, then you are in a position to comment. Other than that, glass house and box. Stay in both.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:23 am

Absolutely hilarious, I don't think I have ever heard such garbage. I can't claim that it is wrong for any player, including my own, to cheat, but you can get yourself worked up criticising United players for doing it despite your players also doing it, that makes perfect sense, they could do with your logic in the legal system.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:19 am

Suarez is a diving, cheating cunt and I've been saying it for a while. Bear in mind this is not an attack on Liverpool football club, it's a criticism of a player, one who very much deserves everything thing he gets.

Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive about their clubs. Suarez is a cheater, very simple. Yes yes, it's rich coming from someone who supports a club that Drogba plays for but at the same time that's not the point. The point is Suarez dived against Arsenal and while he is a very good player, he is also a twat. It's comical to claim Sheldan is in a glass box because of the actions of others. That's like saying every Liverpool supporter is in a glass house because their captain and one of their greatest ever players is a thug. Using that logic, nearly anyone who supports a football club would be in a glass house.

There is a difference between attacking one player and an entire club
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Suarez is a diving, cheating cunt and I've been saying it for a while. Bear in mind this is not an attack on Liverpool football club, it's a criticism of a player, one who very much deserves everything thing he gets.

Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive about their clubs. Suarez is a cheater, very simple. Yes yes, it's rich coming from someone who supports a club that Drogba plays for but at the same time that's not the point. The point is Suarez dived against Arsenal and while he is a very good player, he is also a twat. It's comical to claim Sheldan is in a glass box because of the actions of others. That's like saying every Liverpool supporter is in a glass house because their captain and one of their greatest ever players is a thug. Using that logic, nearly anyone who supports a football club would be in a glass house.

YAWN YAWN YAWN!!!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Sheldan wrote:Absolutely hilarious, I don't think I have ever heard such garbage. I can't claim that it is wrong for any player, including my own, to cheat, but you can get yourself worked up criticising United players for doing it despite your players also doing it, that makes perfect sense, they could do with your logic in the legal system.

He didn't dive or cheat. He was fouled, he went down. Simple as that.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:54 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Suarez is a diving, cheating cunt and I've been saying it for a while. Bear in mind this is not an attack on Liverpool football club, it's a criticism of a player, one who very much deserves everything thing he gets.

It was a foul, not even questionable. Blatant contact shin to shin. Every single replay shows it.

Chavski fans really shouldn't open their mouths. Your club is a joke.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:37 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Absolutely hilarious, I don't think I have ever heard such garbage. I can't claim that it is wrong for any player, including my own, to cheat, but you can get yourself worked up criticising United players for doing it despite your players also doing it, that makes perfect sense, they could do with your logic in the legal system.

Yeah because that's the only time he has been accused of cheating wasn't it, he was clearly an angel before his dive against Arsenal. Another great performance from Liverpool today by the way. Hopefully they'll soon reach the 40 point tally to make it likely they'll avoid relegation.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:16 am

Fair enough - you are entitled to your opinion but why is it that Suarez is the only one getting singled out?? What started all this was a post insulting Suarez after the Arsenal game. Anyone see Ricardo Fuller get sent off today? Why is there no post condemning him as a thug?

And it wasn't a dive, he made the most of minimal contact, which the referees seem to deem legal.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:

It was a foul, not even questionable. Blatant contact shin to shin. Every single replay shows it.

It's like talking to a wall. Whether or not Chelsea is a joke is irrelevant, Suarez is still a cheating thug.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 am

Ginginho wrote:

Fair enough - you are entitled to your opinion but why is it that Suarez is the only one getting singled out?? What started all this was a post insulting Suarez after the Arsenal game. Anyone see Ricardo Fuller get sent off today? Why is there no post condemning him as a thug?

And it wasn't a dive, he made the most of minimal contact, which the referees seem to deem legal.

I'm not sure where this talk of Suarez getting signaled out comes from. Let's take our two clubs and have a look at who's been abused over the last couple of years for cheating or acting like a thug. Bellamy, Gerrard, Terry, Drogba, Cole and Carrol are all examples of players who have received abuse by fans and critics alike for poor behavior and tbh, most of it has been justified. That's only two clubs. When someone says Drogba is diver or Terry is a twat I don't take that as an attack on the club, I see it as an attack on the individuals.

What Fuller did was moronic and Pullis called him out on it in front of everyone instead of making excuses for him.

It was clearly a dive in my opinion, never a foul.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Yeah because that's the only time he has been accused of cheating wasn't it, he was clearly an angel before his dive against Arsenal. Another great performance from Liverpool today by the way. Hopefully they'll soon reach the 40 point tally to make it likely they'll avoid relegation.

He'd never been accused of diving in England until a certain red nosed drunken govan dickhead who assaults his own players but thinks that not shaking hands makes someone a disgrace decided to make accusations.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

It's like talking to a wall. Whether or not Chelsea is a joke is irrelevant, Suarez is still a cheating thug.

Was fouled, therefore didn't cheat. Thug?? Comical.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Football discussion - Page 37 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=f86p

Going to be a great few weeks coming up now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:28 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:
    Football discussion - Page 37 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=f86p

Going to be a great few weeks coming up now.

What an idiot getting upset losing 1-0 to Swansea and dropping to 2nd place. It's lucky for him he isn't a Wolves fan he would have been trying to drown himself in the Toilets after the 2nd Blackburn goal went In yesterday.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 pm

maybe there was something in his eye?

City still the team to beat. United have to go to the Etihad and City are just incredible at home this season.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Football discussion - Page 37 610x-2115

Liverpool fans seems to think they are Mancity, wouldnt be suprised if they are most gutted about City losing top spot and they are about losing to Sunderland yesterday.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 pm

To move away from all this club bashing Laughing I thought I would try to change the subject!!

After scoring 5 in a Champions League match last week, Lionel Messi has been described as some pundits as the best football player of all time.... Do you agree with this or does he still have more to prove?

The 2 players widely regarded as the best ever, Pele and Maradona, have their reputations largely based on their international exploits - does this affect Messi's claim as best ever??

Are there any current players even in his league at the moment?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Ginginho wrote:To move away from all this club bashing Laughing I thought I would try to change the subject!!

After scoring 5 in a Champions League match last week, Lionel Messi has been described as some pundits as the best football player of all time.... Do you agree with this or does he still have more to prove?

The 2 players widely regarded as the best ever, Pele and Maradona, have their reputations largely based on their international exploits - does this affect Messi's claim as best ever??

Are there any current players even in his league at the moment?

In short, no. IMO club football has overtaken international football as the pinnacle of the sport, so I believe Messi is well on his way to becoming the Fedor of football (otherwise known as the GOAT)
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Personally I still think that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm