THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Boxing discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  GSPfan11 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:25 pm

thebadgersbits wrote:
    GSPfan11 wrote:His memory is either very short or he thinks everyone else in the universe has alzheimers. He takes the piss out of Calzaghe for beating Hopkins then tries blowing smoke up his own ass when he beats Glen Johnson. If he beats Kessler you can guarantee he will tell everyone kessler was in the form of his life.

has anyone else heard the interview he did for the BBC?

I try supporting all british fighters but Froch and Dan Hardy i make an exception for

Well he's hardly going to say kessler is a complete pile of shit !!!

All fighters big themselves up ffs!!

Well I wouldn't imagine any fighter would come out and say someone who has beaten them fair and square is a complete pile of shit
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:52 pm

GSPfan11 wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:
    GSPfan11 wrote:His memory is either very short or he thinks everyone else in the universe has alzheimers. He takes the piss out of Calzaghe for beating Hopkins then tries blowing smoke up his own ass when he beats Glen Johnson. If he beats Kessler you can guarantee he will tell everyone kessler was in the form of his life.

I try supporting all british fighters but Froch and Dan Hardy i make an exception for

Well I wouldn't imagine any fighter would come out and say someone who has beaten them fair and square is a complete pile of shit

Apart from Chael Sonnen, i'm pretty sure Anderson Silva is a pile of shit according to him Very Happy
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    GSPfan11 wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:

Apart from Chael Sonnen, i'm pretty sure Anderson Silva is a pile of shit according to him Very Happy

Fair point Very Happy

Although chael doesn't think it was fair, he didn't understand the rules of a 5rd fight
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Can understand why people find /it hard to like Froch I respect him and like him as a fighter but he don't half talk some shit as GSPfan says, Saying the Kessler decision was a result of home cooking is hilarious.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 am

Shame that the Quigg-Munroe fight had to end like that, had the potential to be a great fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah the Quigg Munroe fight ending like that was such a shame and you could see Hatton was gutted to see his last Fight on SKY Sports end like that. Another shame was Andy Lee he looked very solid in first few Rounds keeping Chavez at bay with his reach until he started to try and get involved close range with Chavez which was his downfall.

Post fight Good old Bob Arum confirmed Chavez will fight Sergio Martinez on the 15th of September he says the paper is signed but I'm not convinced until I see Chavez standing in the ring on the agreed date in Vegas at the Thomas & Mack Center.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

At the post fight press conference they said Munroe can't spar for 2 months so they expect to see the rematch take place in December. Joe Gallagher said he wants Quigg to fight before that and is looking at maybe getting him on the Khan undercard next month, but if that's not possible then he will have to wait until September when it is the first Hatton card under the new TV deal.

Yeah I can't see JCC and Martinez happening, especially on that date when it is set to go head to head with Canelo VS Ortiz on PPV too. Andy Lee was doing well and was actually ahead on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage, but JCC proved to be just to much for him, fair play to JCC I have criticised him time and time again but he does appear to be improving with each fight. I would still back Martinez to beat him though if it does take place.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Yeah Chavez is improving and starting to develop some power too he also has a great engine I think this could help in the Martinez fight (If It happens). I think Arum is hoping Marvilla is on the slide and will turn old over night although he looked ropey at the start of the Barker & Macklin fights he finished very strong. Big step up for Chavez as Martinez is at least a couple of levels ahead of Zbik, Rubio & Lee.

Yeah you are right on the date of 15/09/12 (Mexican Independence day I believe) something has to give unless HBO will host this as a joint PPV and Arum & GBP are in agreement to work together side by side which I don't see due to Arum's hatred of Oscar someone is stepping aside.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

The Canelo-Ortiz fight will be on Showtime PPV so we won't be seeing a joint PPV. Looks like if it does happen people will have to choose one or the other.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Bad news/Good news for Irish Boxing fans the proposed Balzsay v Magee fight is off and possibly for good It seems Balzsay never returned the contract and his team don't want the fight. The good news is Magee could be promoted from interim to full champion.

Enjoyed Prizefighter last night and enjoyed Tor Hamer pocketing me a few quid. Very Happy
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Last fight of the Legendary Roy Jones tomorrow in Poland of all places I really hope Roy pulls It off but sadly I don't think he will. It will be on a certain boxing streaming site, Which you could call the guru of these type of sites.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Marcos Maidana has been pulled from his fight with Keith Thurman (who?), and has wrote on his twitter that he will be the one facing Canelo Alvarez in September.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

God I hope this fight doesn't happen Canelo will batter him in to a pulp. He was looking lost at 140 got dominated at 147 and possibly killed at 154.

Did hear Golden Boy were considering the winner of Spinks & Bundrage Tomorrow night I'd rather see that. Damn that Victor Ortiz quitting over the weekend (Great win for Lopez BTW) he's really thrown a spanner in the works. Speaking of which can't believe I forgot to comment on Lucas Matthysse stunning win over Humberto Soto over the weekend that was a cracking win. Matthysse Is the real dark horse of the division he is basically what Maidana would die to be like. Laughing

And July 7th Tony Thompson vs Wlad is on Boxnation (apparently Donaire vs Mathebula is on the same night too) So we got Kell Brook vs Carson Jones on SKY, Tyson Fury vs some local Carney, Lee Haskins vs Stuart Hall on 5 and not forgetting UFC 148 all on the same night/morning.....How frigging brilliant is that !. cheers
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Good night of fights last night although a shame no channels carried any of the action so the good old internet streaming was the only option, I will but the rest in spoiler mode, So..
    Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:16 am

I feel like I'm bragging every time I write in this thread haha, but just thought I would let you know that I'm part of the press for Brook VS Jones this weekend Very Happy .. This degree pays for itself with the amount of free ringside tickets I get by being part of the press haha.

Great night of fights on Saturday, you have Tyson Fury VS Vinny Maddalone, Lee Haskins VS Stuart Hall and Chris Eubank JR on Channel 5, Wladimir Klitschko VS Tony Thompson on BoxNation, and Kell Brook VS Carson Jones, Gavin Rees VS Derry Matthews, Kerry Hope VS Grzegorz Proska plus a huge undercard. Not to mention Nonito Donaire VS Jeffrey Mathebula and Kelly Pavlik VS Will Rosinsky in the middle of the night.

Be interesting to see what the viewing figures are for each card, you have to assume that Channel 5 will pull in the highest figures with it being terrestrial TV.

Can't see any way that Kell Brook doesn't win the fight against Jones, yes Jones can punch but he has never really faced anybody of note. I have no clue how BoxRec have Jones listed as their #10 welterweight. It appears that his three highest profile wins are victories against Said Ouali, Michael Clark and Ricardo Williams Jr, but I've heard of none of them. I know this was set to be an IBF title eliminator but with Randall Bailey now defending against Devon Alexander in September, I wonder if Brook will take another fight in the mean time.

Rees beats Matthews for me, there is talk of Rees getting a world title shot soon, maybe a fight against the winner of Burns-Mitchell? (That's a great fight by the way). Despite Eddie Hearn wanting to make Kerry Hope VS Darren Barker in September, I think Proksa is going to win this rematch, I thought he won the first fight so I think he won't make the same mistake twice.

Good to see another worthy challenger in the Tyson Fury's beat up a bum competition. I wonder what nonsence Mick Hennessy will spit out once the fight is over. If only Chisora wouldn't have come in 2 stone overweight for the Fury fight and we wouldn't have to deal with all of this.

What round will Klitschko take out Thompson? Round 8 is my guess. Klitschko should face Povetkin next. After his lacklustre performance against Marco Huck then I see it as an easy win for Wlad. Although we still have to wait and endure Hasim Rahman getting another world title shot, not a clue how he has managed that.

Donaire VS Mathebula should be a good fight, Donaire wins that for me. Pavlik should beat Rosinsky too. Talk of Pavlik getting the shot VS Froch if the Kessler fight doesn't happen, although I'm 90% sure it will.

Either way it's a great night of boxing.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:25 pm

It is a great weekend for fight fans this weekend you jammy bastard ! Very Happy

I bet Ging will be over the moon with what happened this morning with Shane Cameron & Monte Barrett lovely shot by Cameron.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 am

How were the fights Sheldan mate? Very Happy
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:42 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:It is a great weekend for fight fans this weekend you jammy bastard ! Very Happy

I bet Ging will be over the moon with what happened this morning with Shane Cameron & Monte Barrett lovely shot by Cameron.

It was a good win but for some reason I don't like Cameron. Strange how combat sports are. Barrett knocks Tua over, Tua wastes Cameron, Cameron wastes Barrett.

Camerons management is now saying he is one fight away from a world title shot (WBO) but I think he would be schooled by any top 10 fighter.

David Tua is gonna come back and smash him.

Keep an eye out for 20 year old Joseph Parker who is being billed as NZ's next big boxing hope. Had his first pro fight on the undercard for that event and apparently has all the tools for a big career.

Then there is always Sonny Bill Williams... Rolling Eyes

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Was brilliant p4p, the Brook fight was sensational, and the Rees fight was also good. Eddie Hearn wasn't happy after the fight. Was going mad about Kell's preparation when I interviewed him, saying that he is taking things too lightly.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 pm

was really impressed with jones, if he had got started a bit earlier than the 6th round think he would have got the nod, kell looked fooked in the latter rounds, didnt look like he wanted to be their! I think brooks cornermen/trainers looked very amateurish between rounds, squabbling over ice buckets and shit, panicking and basically giving him no advice at all. I think he needs to take the amir khan route and get a world class trainer if he ever wants to get to the very top.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm

I was impressed with Brook's resilience and heart Saturday sure looked bad in parts during the fight and ponderous but the fact he gutted It out and got a win against a big puncher was so impressive. You got to fancy him against the winner of Bailey & Devon Alexander after that showing.

Love watching Gavin Rees he is without doubt the most underrated British Boxer active currently he adjusted excellently and finished a game Matthews with a lovely shot as he said post fight he seems to be developing power at 135 and sitting down more on his punches as well. Really hope he gets a World Title shot next he certainly deserves one.

Less I say about Fury and his Yankee punching bag the better although I will say I can not stand Hennessy I find him repulsive and a idiot. He goes on about getting Fury getting a World Title shot down the road after defeating Chisora...So you beat Chisora and proceed to line up bums to fight Fury while the defeated Chisora gets a Euro Title then World Title shot and a huge fight with Mr Haye this weekend, nice one Mick.

And It seems Canelo's opponent on the Sept 15 will be Victor Ortiz conqueror Josito Lopez. I really hope this is a smoke screen but apparently It's a done deal.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Boxing discussion - Page 22 Chavez-martinez-la-presser2

From the recent Martinez v Chavez press conference.

Bloody hell Chavez is huge he dwarfs Martinez he looks like a Light Heavyweight borderline Cruiserweight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Martinez is to boxing's 160 division what Hendo is to the UFC's 205 division. Too small for it but too old to make the cut to the division below and maintain a good gastank.

Martinez to outbox Chavez over 12 IMO.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:52 pm

I hope so too Anfield, I do think Sergio's speed and power will the key factor, I hope.

I'll be honest I don't like JC Jnr one bit especially the whole avoiding drug tests and fighting in Texas gambit. I seen Andy Lee on Ringside I think It was last week or the week before and he was insinuating Chavez is on something He said was sparring with Heavyweights and they had no where near the strength Chavez had on the night.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:29 pm

There's question marks hanging over most of Freddie Roach's guys to be fair. I've read a number of articles from American bloggers about JC jnr, Manny and Kahn where they make great arguments as to why they should be suspected of gaining unfair advantages through "supplements".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 am