THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Boxing discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Glen Johnson retired last night after losing to Andrzej Fonfara last night good fight to watch but you could see Johnson was way past his best, definitively the right decision made by Glengoffe shame didn't go out on a win though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Any Streams to the Haye fight lads? Boxingguru is down...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Got one, Bollox I thoughy Chisora would weather that storm and get a late KO. If Haye didnt look great I though he should fight Fury but he did win in style, I reckon Vitali's retirement fight will be HAye now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Nice to see Chisora sparked out (I just don't care for him he's so overrated by his fans) all the talk about him being a throw back, a Joe Louis type fighter was ridiculous, Haye although he looked very rusty he was just too good.

I honestly think Frank knew he'd get sparked out so he used him for a huge pay day, I got a feeling Vitali will get an "injury" and pull out his fight with Manuel Char then he will fight Haye around November.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:46 am

Great win for Haye, his hand speed and power is second to none, good to see him and Chisora embrace at the end of the fight as well, that's what boxing needed. The whole 'should they be allowed to fight' scenario seems to have been ended and everyone just appreciated it as the good fight that it was. Agree with Cowboy that it wouldn't shock me if Vitali becomes 'injured' and pulls out of the Charr fight. I'd back Haye to beat Vitali at this point in Vitali's career, so hopefully we see the fight.

Fair play to BoxNation for their coverage, seems to have gone perfectly, for a channel that has only been around for 10 months they have done remarkably well. Sounds like Frank Maloney's stable including the likes of David Price will now also be on the channel, and maybe even Ricky Hatton's stable too, so it looks like BoxNation will be going from strength to strength, more fool Sky for letting them go.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 am

An average HW beat a poor one and all of a sudden we're talking about the end of Vitali's reign as champion? Behave. Vitali boxed the piss out of Chisora for 12 rounds, 8 of them with severe damage to a shoulder which required major surgery after a serious injury in the past.

Chisora lost to Tyson fucking Fury! How on earth Chisora ever found himself boxing in major events is beyond me. He's terrible. I've seen better technique watching drunken idiots fight in nightclubs.

Haye looked good tonight beaten up someone who should never have progressed beyond boxing in sweat boxes with 500 in attendance or ballrooms where people pay 500 quid to have a 5 course meal while a bunch of chumps beat each other up for a pittance. He's still not a top class fighter and never has been. He was a good crusierweight but that's easily the least competitive weight class going and always has been.

He's not impressed at HW either. He beat Monte Barrett, there's probably people on this site that could beat Monte Barrett. Awful fighter. He didn't beat Valuev but was given a decision. Valuev is terrible. Then he beat up a 38 year old John Ruiz who was average at best at his peak and was 7-8 years past his best when he fought Haye. Then, in the last "Battle of Britain" he beat Fraudley Harrison. What an achievement that was!! All the while he was fighting this who's who of HW boxing he was running his mouth about the brothers and then shitting his pants and faking injury whenever Vitali in particular offered to fight him. He ran scared for two years ducking Vitali, taking the Harrison fight instead because "it was a fight the fans wanted to see".

Then Haye finally found his balls and fought the lesser Klitschko, got beaten embarrassingly easily and made excuses about his toe. Then he cried a bit, did some posturing, and retired.

Haye wasn't in the same league as either Klitschko before his "retirement" and he hasn't improved. He'll get his ass handed to him by either of them. Vitali's not as nice as Wladi, he'll probably knock him out.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:50 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:An average HW beat a poor one and all of a sudden we're talking about the end of Vitali's reign as champion? Behave. Vitali boxed the piss out of Chisora for 12 rounds, 8 of them with severe damage to a shoulder which required major surgery after a serious injury in the past.

Chisora lost to Tyson fucking Fury! How on earth Chisora ever found himself boxing in major events is beyond me. He's terrible. I've seen better technique watching drunken idiots fight in nightclubs.

Haye looked good tonight beaten up someone who should never have progressed beyond boxing in sweat boxes with 500 in attendance or ballrooms where people pay 500 quid to have a 5 course meal while a bunch of chumps beat each other up for a pittance. He's still not a top class fighter and never has been. He was a good crusierweight but that's easily the least competitive weight class going and always has been.

He's not impressed at HW either. He beat Monte Barrett, there's probably people on this site that could beat Monte Barrett. Awful fighter. He didn't beat Valuev but was given a decision. Valuev is terrible. Then he beat up a 38 year old John Ruiz who was average at best at his peak and was 7-8 years past his best when he fought Haye. Then, in the last "Battle of Britain" he beat Fraudley Harrison. What an achievement that was!! All the while he was fighting this who's who of HW boxing he was running his mouth about the brothers and then shitting his pants and faking injury whenever Vitali in particular offered to fight him. He ran scared for two years ducking Vitali, taking the Harrison fight instead because "it was a fight the fans wanted to see".

Then Haye finally found his balls and fought the lesser Klitschko, got beaten embarrassingly easily and made excuses about his toe. Then he cried a bit, did some posturing, and retired.

Haye wasn't in the same league as either Klitschko before his "retirement" and he hasn't improved. He'll get his ass handed to him by either of them. Vitali's not as nice as Wladi, he'll probably knock him out.

Completely agree with the entirety of this post. Well said.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 am

Spoiler:
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:49 am

Spoiler:
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:53 am

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Lucas Matthysse is quality, his only two losses were fights he arguably won pretty clearly.

Amir needs to completely change his style, Roach isn't the right coach for him anymore IMO. Amir would be better off fighting a counter punching style using his speed to allow him to fight from the outside and move in, land 2-3-4 punches and then get back out. Roach hasn't knocked the tendency to get involved in brawls out of him and if he continues to fight this way, his career will end early. Roy Jones Jr's fighting style is the one Khan should be emulating. Jones went most of his career not getting hit. That covered up the fact that he didn't have the best chin.

It was only when he went to HW and then came back down that he started to get caught and KO'd. He should have retired after he beat Ruiz, his speed didn't come back down with him and he became vulnerable. Before he moved up there's no way Tarver or Johnson would have beaten him.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:18 pm

As for Haye, he would beat any heavyweight out there not named Klitschko. Chisora is a good fighter, there's no doubting that. His fight with Fury can't be looked at as an idea of his level because he came in to that fight 2 stone overweight and was gassed after one round. He beat Helenius regardless of the bad decision. I still stand by that I think Haye would beat Vitali at this point in Vitali's career.

If it's any consolation for Chisora, BoxRec are still refusing to acknowledge that the event took place, and so according to them he still only has three losses.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Around the 6:20 mark on Haye didn't even know who the poor bloke was (Manuel Charr).
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 am

Sheldan wrote:As for Haye, he would beat any heavyweight out there not named Klitschko. Chisora is a good fighter, there's no doubting that. His fight with Fury can't be looked at as an idea of his level because he came in to that fight 2 stone overweight and was gassed after one round. He beat Helenius regardless of the bad decision. I still stand by that I think Haye would beat Vitali at this point in Vitali's career.

If it's any consolation for Chisora, BoxRec are still refusing to acknowledge that the event took place, and so according to them he still only has three losses.

Chisora's not a good fighter. He's a mediocre fighter with zero boxing technique. He got beaten by Fury and the fact that he came in at ONE STONE heavier than he had in his previous fights and indeed compared to what he weighed against Haye (261 against Fury vs 247 against Haye or 246-250 in most of his pre-Fury fights), not two as you claim, means little and despite the performance of his life against Helenius, he didn't do enough.

That Haye "would beat any heavyweight out there not named Klitschko" means nothing. The HW division has two great fighters and nobody else that's above average. Personally I'd back Povetkin to beat Haye quiet comfortably though. Haye's average, Vitali is an all time great and a 50% Vitali beat Chisora with less problems than Haye had. A 70% Vitali handles Haye with ease. An 80% Vitali wins all 12 rounds. A 90% Vitali knocks him out. He doesn't have the be the fighter he was a few years back, he's still got far too much for Haye who will probably shit his pants if he gets lined up on the docket with Vitali, just like he did before.

Oh, an just in case you didn't notice, Vitali's name is Klitschko so you've contracted yourself there.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm

I haven't contradicted myself, I would be confident picking Haye to beat anyone not named Klitschko, whereas in a fight with Vitali, I would pick Haye but I wouldnt be as confident. So in effect I'm saying I know he would beat anyone not named Klitschko and I think he would beat Vitali, there's a difference. As for Povetkin, he nearly lost against Marco Huck who is just a blown up cruiserweight, so in all honesty just a poor man's David Haye. Haye would easily beat Povetkin with speed.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Povetkin fought Huck with a broken hand. He'd outbox Haye. Technique over speed.

"Haye would beat any HW not named Klitschko"

"I'd back Haye to beat Vitali".

Contradiction.

And you don't know Haye would beat any HW not named Klitschko, you think he would. But considering he hasn't beaten any half decent HW's yet there's no way of knowing.

Either way, if he gets the balls to get in the ring with Vitali, he'll lose.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Price would do haye in I reckon, what u guys think?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

Think he needs another couple of fights but give him 18 months and I think he'd beat him comfortably. Haye has the experience that Price lacks, that would be the only thing holding Price back right now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Price beat up Chisora, he's already better than him by some distance.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Haye would KO Price in my opinion, we still haven't seen Price take a shot and his chin has been the suspect part of his game after being stopped a few times in the amateurs. They've sparred together before so I suppose they both know who was getting the upper hand. Like Anfield said though, give Price 18 months and he should be there or there abouts in the world title mix, having said that I would still back him to beat Povetkin today, but he's not ready for a Klitschko yet.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I like Price Ben but If they fought Today I'd back Haye to do a number on Pricey 9/10 speaking of who It seems he wants to fight Chisora next which seems a bit pointless since he has lost 4 of his 5 fights.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:I like Price Ben but If they fought Today I'd back Haye to do a number on Pricey 9/10 speaking of who It seems he wants to fight Chisora next which seems a bit pointless since he has lost 4 of his 5 fights.

Possibly because chisora name has been in the media alot of late as is a relatively known name in u.k boxing .Would make sense as should be onto a winner and would help elevate his name a touch more imo
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

thebadgersbits wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:I like Price Ben but If they fought Today I'd back Haye to do a number on Pricey 9/10 speaking of who It seems he wants to fight Chisora next which seems a bit pointless since he has lost 4 of his 5 fights.

Possibly because chisora name has been in the media alot of late as is a relatively known name in u.k boxing .Would make sense as should be onto a winner and would help elevate his name a touch more imo

True I can see that also a Harrison fight would do that too I just feel that people might feel he is cherry picking fighting Chisora. Such a crying shame Mr Fury hasn't got the balls to step up and fight Pricey instead of fighting American truck drivers and European plumbers.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:24 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:An average HW beat a poor one and all of a sudden we're talking about the end of Vitali's reign as champion? Behave. Vitali boxed the piss out of Chisora for 12 rounds, 8 of them with severe damage to a shoulder which required major surgery after a serious injury in the past.

Completely agree with the entirety of this post. Well said.

Totally agree, he wasnt that convincing at Cruiserweight he got beat by the always game but limited Carl Thompson and he struggled past Frag(cant rememeber rest of his name) and Mormeck.

He has then movedto HW were the bigger money is and he has beat Ruiz, Harrison, Valuev and Chisora - WOW!

I think he honestly underestimated the Klitchkos and he realised very quickly he was out of his depth.

The fact that the Harrison and Chisora fights sold out and they where shown on PPV just completley baffles me.

Where do people feel that Haye would have stood against the British HW's of the 80/90's ? No point even discussing Lennox but what about Gary Mason or Frank (playing the trombone Jab) Bruno?
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:

True I can see that also a Harrison fight would do that too I just feel that people might feel he is cherry picking fighting Chisora. Such a crying shame Mr Fury hasn't got the balls to step up and fight Pricey instead of fighting American truck drivers and European plumbers.

i will never take fury seriously after that self inflicted uppercut!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:18 pm