THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
redmeanie77
pinsman
payneNglory1
7 posters

MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion Empty MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion Empty Re: MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Toney came across just a little arrogant there, the fact that Mercer and Rutten kept advising him to work on ground skills showed they thought he was being short sighted. The guy prob will knock out guys if they stand with him, but I could see a good Muay Thai fighter chopping his front leg to pieces, and a Jitsu guy taking a limb on the floor.

Mercers KO was awesome though, much respect... When was his fight with Timmeth?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion Empty Re: MMA Vs Boxing:Toney,Mercer and Bas discussion

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm

I would love to know what Mercer was planning to do with Timmeh leg after knocking him out Laughing

There right about Toney and Mercer being able to throw punches with those smaller gloves is scary for any opponent. But Toney is being to naive i think, he really needs to work his butt off for the next few months in deveolping his mma skill in order to be competitive, but i dont see him doing that.

Possesing a mean uppercut alone will not stop the takedowns. Kimbo took Mercer down and submitted him for goodness sake, think what Tito or Randy would do.....
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:44 pm

he was obviously watching some sakuraba tapes and went for the ankle pick/low single leg. What a Face
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Bas Rutten is trying to get in with boxers! lol! It was a bit uncharacteristic, I though he would put Toney in his place insted of comparing himself to them and try to get on side with them!

Mercer is a cool guy who shows a lot of respect for the sport, I wish him Luck and I think he probabally would beat Toney in MMA because he at least sounds like he is trying to learn the game (A bit!)

Toney is a cock, he has no intentions of learning any MMA. He thinks an uppercut stopps a TD? I didnt get how the presenter was saying Boxers can use an uppercut to stop a TD... what and MMA figers dont have an uppercut in their skillset?

Funny show though, best Quality clip of the Sylvia KO ive seen, could watch that all day! Toney really doesnt know what he is getting himself in for.

Also looks like UFC are going to feed him an absolute Bum for his 1st fight. Chuck, Randy, Kimbo are all out the window.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Shame Cyrille Diabate is already matched up with Luiz Cane... Id love to see him kick lumps out of Toney.

I just want UFC to put him in with someone with good Kick/Thai Boxing who will maul him on the feet. Toney will be full of excuses and not feel he has lost if he gets Subbed or GnP'ed... they need someone who can put a straight up beating on him on the feet.

What about even get Hardonk to fight him, he isnt busy and is a lower level heavy? That would work.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

i thought Toney was dropping to 205?

maybe not, but Hardonk would dwarf him.

the best part of that vid is when their reaction to the Timmeh KO.

i agree ben, Mercer has a good attituude, Toney not so much.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Don King on The UFC...

Unfortunately the television networks are not broadcasting the fighters and that has been a major disappointment. Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta have done a great job with the UFC and people like what they do.

I think the UFC has done magnificent because they bring people together. That's what I am really very appreciative of. I think they can complement boxing. I have no problem with them. The more the merrier.

Both sports go together -- no reason not to be a fan of both sports. Bringing people together is what it's all about. I'm a promoter of the people, for the people and by the people. Boxing will be here yesterday today and tomorrow.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/26/don-king-boxing-could-learn-a-lot-from-the-ufc/
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 pm

anyone else tired of boxing vs mma, like the message says at the end of the clip both sports are ok on their own.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:10 am