THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Boxing discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:31 am

Slayer are thrash metal, Pantera are groove metal. It's fine to like each the same amount.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah I'm a Slayer fan too Reign in Blood is such a classic album.

Martin Murray is on Friday night against Felix Sturm the SKY Propaganda machine is in full effect watched Ringside last week than think he has a solid chance. I'm a Murray fan but I think the step up is huge too huge for him in quality.

Also have to make a confession to make......I subscribed to BoxNation damn you Fwank the Cotto vs Margarito card was far too tempting.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:57 am

There's elements of thrash in panteras sound, you a fan of metal anfield? Didn't think you'd be the sort!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:57 pm

I've been a fan of trash metal since the mid 80s mate. Agree that Pantera took their basis in trash after deciding that hair metal wasn't the way forward but it was when they added the groove aspect to their music that they became amazing. Vulgar Display, Far Beyond and the Great Southern are three of the greatest metal albums of all time.

My favourite thrash band were early Sepultura, a band most people forget started out as a trash band. Beneath The Remains is a masterpiece. Arise, Chaos and Roots made them famous and are all incredible but Beneath is amazing. Huge fan of anything Max Cavalera is involved. Cavalera Conspiracy are my favourite band right now. Blunt Force Trauma is fucking great.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Cavalera Conspiracy is a great band the best material Max has churned out since his Sepultura days (personally I didn't like Soulfly much) really did enjoy Blunt Force Trauma and Inflikted 2 great albums.

Pantera certainly crossed many genres but Groove Metal seems the easiest to define their sound as much as I love Pantera they did pave the way some absolutley shocking bands over the years Laughing . I don't think you can find 4 better metal Metal records chronically than Cowboys, Vulgar, Far Beyond Driven & The Great Southern Trendkill. cheers
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Anfield you've gone way way up in my estimation ha ha!! Ive seen Max a few times live always as Soulfly but he always plays some sep stuff and most recently played conspiracy aswell, I own all the sepultura albums, love them all!

Sepultura and slayer are prob my two favourate metal bands going Angel of death is an absoulute CLASSIC!

If your a fan of Max have you heard the song he did with David Grohl, on his Probot album? It's just David Grohl playing heavy metal tunes with a load of classic metal singers like Lemmy, Max, King Diamond ect...?

(Sorry to ruin the Boxing thread guys!)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Red War? Fucking brilliant song. I liked the one he did on the Roadrunner United album too, independent voice of the voiceless.

I really like the Soulfly stuff but it's important to view it as separate to Sepultura and CC. It's far more experimental.

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Soulflys enjoyable, Primative is an epic record! him and Corey Taylor on jump the fuck up! now thats a tune to walk out to a fight too!

Yeah Red War he played it live the last time I saw him! He also walked out on stage in a Wolves Shirt (as that was where the venue was) with Max on the back...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah he's a huge football fan. So is Marc Rizzo the guitarist in Soulfly and CC, and Igor too.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Interesting... One of the world's top bantamweight boxers, Vic Darchinyan announces that his Dec. 3 match against Anselmo Moreno will be his final boxing match before pursuing a career in MMA.

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

So will he be fighting at 125lbs? Not much $ in MMA for fighters in that division, not enough to tempt a top level Boxer at least, I wouldn't have thought.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Martin Murray came close to winning the WBA middleweight title last night after he drew with Felix Sturm. It was a close fight, a lot more closer in Sturm's favour than the Macklin fight, yet this fight was given a draw. One judge having it to Sturm by 4 rounds was a joke though. Hopefully Murray gets a rematch because I would back him in that, Sturm has been outed as being a lot more average than we thought.

HUGE night of boxing tonight, I ordered my BoxNation subscription earlier today especially. Starts off in Finland with Dereck Chisora VS Robert Helenius and Alexander Povetkin VS Cedric Boswell, before we're then off to New York where we get the rematch between Pawel Wolak and Delvin Rodriguez, Mike Jones VS Sebastian Andres Lujan, then John Murray can win the now vacant WBA lightweight title after Brandon Rios was stripped of it last night for failing to make weight, before the rematch between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito! I'll be flicking between the TUF Finale and the boxing tonight!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Same here Sheldan really pumped for Cotto Margarito II & Wolak vs Rodriguez also want to see Bisping getting strangled thank god for SKY+.

Late money has been going on Murray for his fight with Rios who looked like the living dead at the weigh in's and failed to make weight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Any stream links to the fights tonight? Lujan is just about the most entertaining boxer to watch and Wolak vs rodriguez was maby fight of the year, two cracking Hw's fighting too, theres a lot of hype around Helenius... Definatley watching these fights even if ive to go to boxing-core tomorrow.

Cotto to beat Margarito this time. Althought he didnt get caught with them till his next fight I think Margarito had loaded Wraps for the Cotto fight last time. He seemed to go too much damage to Cottos face. I think something was up. Really hoping for Cotto, he is like a wee Tony Montana bad ass, Margarito shouldnt have been allowed to fight after getting found with Loaded hand wraps, that shit can kill or leave someone braindamaged.

Haye needs to fight Helenius before he gets Vitali I reckon..

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:11 am

Great fight with Del boy & Helenius and Ben try Boxingguru.eu or firstrow.tv for your streams.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 am

Great fight between Chisora and Helenius...

Spoiler:
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27 am

Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 am

I know mate, fair play to him though I would be angry if I was in his position.

You watching this face off now between Cotto and Margarito? So intense!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Wlad has pulled out of his fight with the small French fella I smell Haye Wlad 2, Call me a cynic but there is a 99% chance he doesn't fight Mormeck maybe after Helenius performance (or lack of) they might make this fight If Sauerland allow It.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Haye has a date with Vitali by the looks of things.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 pm

True I just think seem something is happening for Wlad the fight get panned to death by the Boxing media and a week before the fight get's canned I was thinking Helenius but I suppose Chisora could be an option after getting robbed in Finland.

Maybe I'm looking too much in to the cancellation and probably just hoping the Mormeck fight gets canned. Laughing
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Sonny Bill Williams is fighting for the NZ HW title early next year - watch out Klitchko's!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Well It's a more interesting fight than Mormeck, Ging. Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:42 am

Great night of boxing last night.

Amir Khan lost through his own stupidity and refusal to fight by the rules.

And Roy Jones won.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Nice win for Jones glad he won I just want him to retire now but I understand he has money issues hence his career still trucking on I like like Roy as a commentator too I enjoyed his work with HBO It would be nice for him to continue down that path permanently.

Giovanni Segura also got upset over the weekend losing to Brian Viloria. Segura is a legit Top 10 P4P fighter and was a huge favourite in the betting lines as tough as he is in this fight It proved he can be out boxed convincingly.

Also John Simpson Lee Selby is on BoxNation Wednesday should be a great dust up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:20 am