THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Sheldan wrote:In response to something that either P4P or Cowboy said a few weeks back, I also think that Haye VS Chisora will be on a PPV channel set up by Fwank. Buncey said last night during the Kessler event that he will let us know on his boxing hour on monday "how we will be able to watch the Haye-Chisora fight." Well surely we should already know as it should be on BoxNation, but it looks like Fwank is going to charge £15 a pop on a PPV channel.

Dunno about you lads, but they certainly wont be getting my money. Con artists!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah I had that feeling and I heard what Buncey said If that is the case they can piss off I'm not funding Fwank anymore than the £10 a month I already pay.

Speaking of Fwank after Kessler's performance I bet he will be lining up Kessler vs Cleverly before the end of the I'm a Kessler fan but I'm honest at World Level he is done I think he hasn't really fully recovered from his eye problem.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 21, 2012 5:45 am

I agree. I think that eye problem probably ends him as a world class fighter, but I would definitely like to see him fight Cleverly. Even a 75% Kessler is a big step up for Clev.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon May 21, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah It is a huge step up from Club fighters like Karpency and other Eastern European no names he usually fights and I would still back Kessler to beat Cleverly.

It seems like the perfect fight to make If Warren is looking for a big fight to hold in Wales for Cleverly this seems the ideal fight, I doubt It would sell well at the Millennium as It's to big and probably to big for the Motorpoint probably Cardiff City Stadium would be ideal.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 am

It seems Berto is in the clear the trace was so low that the likely event of the positive reading was due to contamination, Great a FOTY candidate gets canned due to a contaminated sample.

Victor Ortiz is still fighting on the same date though against Josesito Lopez (Chris Arreola has been bumped on the card as well) not a bad fight on short notice Lopez has never been stopped has beat once heralded prospect Mike Dallas Jnr and recent lost a split to Jessie Vargas. I have a feeling SKY will drop the card now.

Also Tony Bellew has left/intending to leave Fwank Warren and has served documents to him. If he has left and doesn't wind up like DeGale I've heard he is signing for Matchroom along with another Warren fighter who's name escapes me at the moment.

And for the Irish lads Brian Magee has won his purse bid for his upcoming fight with Regular WBA Champ Karoly Balzsay (Brian's the Interim) so It seems the fight will be on Irish soil.

.................And Roy Jones is sadly returning to action on June 30th against 39-1(25KO) Dawid Kostecki (not David) at LHW in Lodz, Poland, I really wish he would retire.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 pm

I asked Tris Dixon (Boxing News Weekly Editor) about whether Haye-Chisora will be on normal BoxNation and he said he's sure that it will be.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

Amir Khan v Danny Garcia has been agreed for July 14th with Jonathan Banks v Seth Mitchell as support (I really like the latter as a fight) a good fight for Khan I think he should beat Garcia on paper but I suppose the same was said of Peterson. A week before that is a double header involving Nonito Donaire v Jeffrey Mathebula and Brandon Rios v Mauricio Herrera on July 7th in Carson, California.

Paul Williams will hopefully give Saul Alvarez his first real test of his career on September 15th If this was the Williams before the pre Martinez I wouldn't give Saul that much of a chance but Paul has looked poor since then including that gift he got against Erislandy Lara and that Japense bloke who spared out James Kirkland who's name escapes me right now.

Also I watched that Carl Frock Behind The Ropes on SKY last night pretty good watch hopefully The Bute one will be the same tonight SKY are doing an excellent job promoting this fight. Really looking forward to this weekend the excellent Lee Selby is on Friday and of course the Big one this Saturday Audley Harrison vs Ali Adams. Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Froch VS Bute predictions then guys? I'm torn as my head says Bute but I just keep reminding myself of his 12th round VS Andrade and if given the opportunity I can see Froch finishing him. Even so I think I'll go for a Bute decision.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Sheldan wrote:Froch VS Bute predictions then guys? I'm torn as my head says Bute but I just keep reminding myself of his 12th round VS Andrade and if given the opportunity I can see Froch finishing him. Even so I think I'll go for a Bute decision.

I think Froch beats him to be honest via controversial decision tongue
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

I love Carl but I can see him getting stopped for the first time in his career Saturday Night he is so easy to hit and Bute hits hard I think he stops him in the 9th or 10th. A lots been made of the Andrade fight but Bute was completely gassed (although the refereeing was awful, flat out awful I don't think It was rigged I feel the ref just bottled It in front of a home crowd fighter) he has fixed his cardio problems so I don't think thats a problem If Bute can hit him shots like Ward did with ease I might add I think he will be deep trouble.

I really hope I'm wrong though. Crying or Very sad

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu May 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Froch turns the fight into a dog fight,doesn't give Bute space or room to set up his punches,then frustrates and wears him down to get the KO in the 10th/11th rd.

Simply because he's from Nottingham and we're all fooking awesome cheers cheers cheers

both Notts boys are going to win on saturday night.

Hopefully Very Happy
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 am

You can get 9/1 with Sky Bet that Froch wins by unanimous decision. Surely worth a punt.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 am

Bute to win a comfortable UD over an over-rated fighter.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Both made weight I know It's only the weigh in but Bute had a lot of support.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 pm

That's likely because Froch is a bellend.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 am

Sheldan wrote:You can get 9/1 with Sky Bet that Froch wins by unanimous decision. Surely worth a punt.

All over it! Just like your last 9/1 tip tongue
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 27, 2012 1:39 am

Great performances from Froch. Best of his career. No boxing, just brawling. Bute clearly wasn't expecting him to fight like that.

Clears up one thing, Andre Ward is the best Super Middleweight in the world by a clear mile.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 am

Amazing performance from Froch, he absoulutely battered Bute. It just proves that beating a load of guys that aren't ranked in the top 15 doesn't prove that you are as good as the top guys. Eddie Hearn running into the ring when the fight wasn't officially over was hilarious. I can't see Bute wanting to take the rematch in Canada, so for me Carl Froch VS Mikkel Kessler in Nottingham will be the next fight we see.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

Do you still think he's over rated Anfield? I was genuinely confident that Froch would beat him Smile Fair play, great performance.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 am

Great performance from Froch totally blew away Bute but I have to say how bad Bute's chin is I was wrong he hasn't fixed his defense at all I seen him do a little dance from a jab in the 1st I it was, again I was totally wrong about Bute he isn't that good I brought right in to the hype hook line and sinker.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun May 27, 2012 4:30 pm

OH Nottingham,is full of fun,oh Nottingham is full of fun,is full of Froch,Hardy and Forest,Oh Nottingham is full of fun cheers cheers cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Do you still think he's over rated Anfield? I was genuinely confident that Froch would beat him Smile Fair play, great performance.

Yeah he is over-rated, he's not close to Ward and I think Dirrell would beat him if they fought again - he beat him the first time. And Kessler would beat him too.

What Froch did last night was expose Bute, who was just more over-rated than him.

Great performance but he just brawled with Bute. Ward would have battered Froch on that performance. He walks towards Ward swinging his arms like that and leaving himself, and he'll get badly beaten.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Don't agree with Kessler Anfield I really don't want to see that fight as a Kessler fan I think Froch would beat him easily to me Kessler is shot and the Froch camp see this. He looked terrible defensively against Allan Green who to be frank is pretty much a B level fighter.

I agree Dirrell could beat Froch a second time round providing he is right mentally he probably would have won the first fight If he did more speaking of Dirrell he called Bute a bum last night on twitter.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Kessler was having his first fight back in a long time. When he fought Froch the last time he wasn't at 100% and he still beat him. He used to last fight to ease himself back into things.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm with cowboy I wouldn't want to see froch get a rematch with Kessler. I think it would still be very close but I'd have to have Froch as favourite now. If he was to have another fight, maybe a warm up bout against someone like Glen Johnson I'd give him a better chance. But I think his pride would make him go to war with Froch and I'm not sure he has another fight like there 1st in him. Kessler is more than capable of keeping Froch on the end of his jab but I don't see him turning down a real tear up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:02 am