THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
payneNglory1
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Bulldog67
9 posters

Boxing sucks

Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Boxing sucks Empty Boxing sucks

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Right, 'thanks' to justin.tv i have sat thru 10 rounds of haye v valuev, feels more like 10 hrs, what a load of crap, may as well have been watchin come friggin dancin with the mrs Evil or Very Mad

Next time we have the mma v boxin debate, show them a re-run of this mega-hyped snoozathon

Roll on UFC 105, time to see some action!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing sucks Empty Re: Boxing sucks

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:54 pm

God awful fight.

Haye wins
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 pm

The single worst fight i have ever seen. Haye won so fair play to him. But he can stop talking about the Klitschko's because they would batter him. If Valuev was a half step quicker he'd have knocked Haye stupid.

Awful. That's an hour of my life that i want back!
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 pm

"Haye wins" - He does indeed

and to top it all i end up feelin sorry for the big dumb russian, gettin mugged by David 'Kalib Starnes with the odd punch thrown in' Haye

Last edited by Bulldog67 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 am

It was a smart performance from Haye to be fair. He did what i said he should, go the Roy Jones style against a slow heavyweight. Because Haye isn't a great fighter, merely a good one, he used Jones' tactics but made it incredibly boring.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 am

he broke his hand in the 2nd.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 am

Was it a UD?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:04 am

I dunno. If he'd broken his hand he wouldn't have been throwing those ridiculous shots in the 12th round. I think he realized that he was never going to knock the monster out and went the safe route.

Payne, two judges gave it 116-112 Haye, the other had it 114-114.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:07 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:I dunno. If he'd broken his hand he wouldn't have been throwing those ridiculous shots in the 12th round. I think he realized that he was never going to knock the monster out and went the safe route.

but he had him hurt in the 12th! i reckon the ref saved valuev from getting KOd. a hurt hand could explain the way he fought the middle of the fight, but he felt he needed the last rounds so went for it.
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KJGould Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:08 am

Well, hurt his hand. I don't know how badly, but enough to not be as agressive.

It was a close close fight, I just wish we could have seen more of that flurry in the last round and wish Haye had reacted quicker when Valuev was stunned so he could get another couple of power shots in.

It wasn't the most spectacular of fights, but I liked it for what it was. As the commentators said the size different kept the strategy interesting.

I would have liked to see Haye fake more and go low to the body instead of to the head, and slip Valuev's jab more by going in and right, rather then just laterally right.

But it's easy for me to critique from my keyboard hehe
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:I dunno. If he'd broken his hand he wouldn't have been throwing those ridiculous shots in the 12th round. I think he realized that he was never going to knock the monster out and went the safe route.

but he had him hurt in the 12th! i reckon the ref saved valuev from getting KOd. a hurt hand could explain the way he fought the middle of the fight, but he felt he needed the last rounds so went for it.

Hurt??

He wasn't hurt, wobbled maybe. But not hurt. He got clubbed in the neck and lost his balance. He had a bit of a stumble trying to regain his balance but he wasn't close to being finished.

Haye won the fight because he ran and Valuev got tired of chasing him. It was 5 rounds a piece going into the 11th and Valuev was boloxed and couldn't keep up.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:

Hurt??

He wasn't hurt, wobbled maybe. But not hurt. He got clubbed in the neck and lost his balance. He had a bit of a stumble trying to regain his balance but he wasn't close to being finished.

Haye won the fight because he ran and Valuev got tired of chasing him. It was 5 rounds a piece going into the 11th and Valuev was boloxed and couldn't keep up.

well the ref saved him from a knock down then, obviously when off balance you can be knocked down even if you arent really hurt, and i dont know if a tired 7ft 2 guy can get up in 10 seconds! lol
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:19 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:

Hurt??

I think he was hurt, but he just recovered very quickly. If Haye had not moved back then he would have had him.

I enjoyed the fight and thought the way Haye fought was perfect for beating Valuev. It helps when the judges arent being steriotypical German judges, ala the Holyfield fight.
    KJGould
    KJGould
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KJGould Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:20 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:well the ref saved him from a knock down then, obviously when off balance you can be knocked down even if you arent really hurt, and i dont know if a tired 7ft 2 guy can get up in 10 seconds! lol

Ehh, the ref broke up the clinch. Just he broke it a bit too early instead of letting Haye work his way out and continue.

Haye was a touch too slow going in. A bit faster he could really cracked Valuev flush with an overhand right while Valuev was side on.
    Gibmeister
    Gibmeister
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Gibmeister Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:25 am

Bulldog67 wrote:Right, 'thanks' to justin.tv i have sat thru 10 rounds of haye v valuev, feels more like 10 hrs, what a load of crap, may as well have been watchin come friggin dancin with the mrs Evil or Very Mad

Next time we have the mma v boxin debate, show them a re-run of this mega-hyped snoozathon

Roll on UFC 105, time to see some action!

10 rounds??Did you miss the first 2 or last 2 rounds, Bulldog?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:27 am

I think Haye comes out of this fight looking bad to be honest. Yes he won, but he showed that he's not quick enough to be a Chris Byrd, James Toney or Roy Jones and possibly beat the Klitschko's with his speed. Any of those 3 would have won by a minimum of 6 rounds(Jones would have won all 12 without breaking sweat). Haye struggled and only won the fight in the last 2 rounds. And he's certainly not going to knock the brothers out and should he try he'll end up in an unconscious heap.

He cried off from the Klitschko fight, then fought by far the weakest of the heavyweight champions and barely beat him in one of the worst fights of all time.

and Gib, i think Bulldog, like the rest of us, might have dozed off and missed two rounds!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:28 am

happy haye won was a boring fight but what can you do wish he had gone for it more in the fight like he did in the last few rounds would have made it a good fight i think next up looks like one of the klitchkos but i can see him being beaten badly for either he should ruiz that would be a much better fight for him
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:34 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Cheers mate,was that about a fair reflection on what I gather was a boring fight?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:36 am

Yeah i had Haye winning by two rounds. But a draw wouldn't have surprised me because Haye only pulled ahead by winning the last two rounds at which point i expected the judges to be asleep!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:40 am

to be honest though, Haye has a bad style for fighting Valuev, and very few people look good against him anyway.
    I am still optimistic for Hayes future, but i dont watch alot of boxing compared to mma, so you probably know better how he will fare against the klitschkos.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:48 am

Gibmeister wrote:10 rounds??Did you miss the first 2 or last 2 rounds, Bulldog?

neither mate, posted that just after round 10, had got to the point where i didnt care what the last 2 rounds were like, it had sucked so much up to then nothin was gonna reedeem it
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:to be honest though, Haye has a bad style for fighting Valuev, and very few people look good against him anyway.
    I am still optimistic for Hayes future, but i dont watch alot of boxing compared to mma, so you probably know better how he will fare against the klitschkos.

His only chance against Wladimir is to catch him flush. His chin is slightly suspect. But he's got the best jab in the business and will prob keep Haye at the end of it.

Vitali has two loses on his record. One against Chris Byrd where he tore his rotator cuff in the middle of the fight and had to stop, despite being ahead by 5 rounds on the judges score cards with only 3 left. And the other was against Lennox Lewis from a cut which was caused by tap on Lewis's glove which slit the eyelide. Klitschko was winning the fight on all 3 scorecards and had rocked Lewis really badly in the second. Lewis, in an act of incredible cowardice retired after that and never gave Vitali a rematch.

For my money, Vitali is the best Heavyweight boxer since Tyson in his prime. 38-2 with 37 KO's. And his two losses were due to injury.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 am