THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:27 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Shit,posted the wrong one Embarassed

nice 1

,He's being built up on bums but,shit,lovely rotation on that punch.
    sweet KO
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I know he's fighting bums that anybody could beat, but that's two really spectacular knock-outs in a row for Kimbo.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Kimbo looks HUGE!!!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Kimbo looks HUGE!!!!

Think he is up to 244, about 20lbs heavier than his last fight bue he is a big doughy round the mid section.

Also he looks bigger because his last 2 opponents have been crusierweights stepping up to heavy to fight Kimbo. I think his last opponent weighed 40lbs lighter than him.

His last opponent got KO'd in about a minute flat a couple of times, pretty pathetic to be picking on guys a devision lower than him, with loosing records and known glass jaws.

Maby he should fight Badr Hari when he comes over to boxing see if he can land those hayemakers on him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:02 am

Kimbo's first opponent was 38 and had an 0-1 record going into the fight! haha!

I've heard Kimbo can't train as hard as he used to because he's got arthritic knees. Hence the added weight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:03 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Kimbo's first opponent was 38 and had an 0-1 record going into the fight! haha!

I've heard Kimbo can't train as hard as he used to because he's got arthritic knees. Hence the added weight.

Its crazy that the MMA world wasnt happy for Kimbo to be spoonfed easy fights and given easy paydays but the boxing world is.

At the end of the day he lost to Seth P. who is about the size of these Cruiserweights he is fighting and he lost the fight throwing fists only... infact he lost to your man Gannon throwing fists in that bare knuckle fight.

I look forward to him being but against his 1st heavyweight with a winning record.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 am

What a let down Dawson vs Hopkins I was expected to let down after 12 Rounds not 2, Well at least the aftermath was far more exciting than the possible 12 Rounds this could have gone.

Great Single leg take down from Dawson With his stand up and now It seems wrestling skills he could be a beast at WW Very Happy.

Got to say I really enjoyed Bellew vs Cleverly after such a rotten undercard excluding the DeGale fight (Which DeGale looked very mediocre but he did show he could over come rough patches)the constant swings in momentum was fascinating to watch.

Surprised how well Bellew performed he looked very solid If It wasn't for the relentless work rate of Cleverly he would have lost that fight IMO Nathan had a bit of a mare early on either he underestimated Bellew or Bellew rose to the occasion being in his own backyard (probably a bit of both).

Enjoyed Linares vs DeMarco cracking fight had the feeling Linares would throw the fight away soon as DeMarco literally seen blood the momentum was starting to swing in his favour.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Really good fight between Cleverly and Bellew you could see just how much it meant to both of them. Cant see either of them troubling the top end fighters in the weight tho, Clev I always get the feeling there's more to come but he has made hard work of a couple of fights he should have won easily but Hopefully he's still improving. And i must admit I'm now a fan of Bellew as before saturday I thought he was all talk and trying to just make a name off Cleverly but as i say i stand corrected.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 am

Result of Hopkins-Dawson has been changed to a technical draw. Hopkins gets his belt back. Dawson gets to cry.

Since Dawson said he wouldn't give Hopkins a rematch because there was no point in them fighting again, Hopkins should refuse to fight him again. Mainly because he's a prick and secondly because he's one of the worst draws in boxing. Nobody wants to watch Dawson fight, which is hugely disappointing because he's very talented.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 pm

James Toney is fighting Denis Lebedev in a couple of weeks at CruiserWeight. Considering he weighed in at almost 260 for his last fight, that's a big drop. If Toney is willing to fight at CW then I REALLY want to see him against Hopkins. Hopkins has said before he'd go to CW for the right fight. Him and B-Hop would be an chess match. Two legends, two of the most skilled boxers in the sport over the last 30 years.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This fight is on Boxnation next week live BTW.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Frankie Gavin has pulled out of his fight this weekend due to personal reasons. Frank Warren has said he is furious.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:53 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:James Toney is fighting Denis Lebedev in a couple of weeks at CruiserWeight. Considering he weighed in at almost 260 for his last fight, that's a big drop. If Toney is willing to fight at CW then I REALLY want to see him against Hopkins. Hopkins has said before he'd go to CW for the right fight. Him and B-Hop would be an chess match. Two legends, two of the most skilled boxers in the sport over the last 30 years.

On his wiki page it says he's scheduled to fight Lebedev and Ken Shamrock in the same month?? Was the Shamrock fight cancelled?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah Fwank is livid amazing Gavin has pulled out so close.

Apparently Del Boy & Big Larry's fight could be brought forward a week to Main event.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:James Toney is fighting Denis Lebedev in a couple of weeks at CruiserWeight. Considering he weighed in at almost 260 for his last fight, that's a big drop. If Toney is willing to fight at CW then I REALLY want to see him against Hopkins. Hopkins has said before he'd go to CW for the right fight. Him and B-Hop would be an chess match. Two legends, two of the most skilled boxers in the sport over the last 30 years.

On his wiki page it says he's scheduled to fight Lebedev and Ken Shamrock in the same month?? Was the Shamrock fight cancelled?

I think it's been pushed back til the new year. I read that somewhere but couldn't find any confirmation from a reliable source.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Should be cracking weekend for Boxing on TV Friday Afternoon we have Toney vs Lebedev Next night Burns vs Katsidis and Groves vs Smith from London (really like this fight for some reason have a feeling Groves might pull off the upset) and in the wee hours Bute vs Johnson all on Boxnation.

Sunday morning we have a replay of the Angulo vs Kirkland & McEwan vs Quillian card from Vegas.

Top weekend really looking forward to Big Larry Olumbamiwo and Chisiora on the Saturdays under card of London bill love Big Larry the man is so stiff and rigid It is comical. cheers
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 am

You see Smith as the favourite mate? I think it will be a convincing win for Groves on points. Other than power, Smith doesn't really offer anything else, and Groves is the much better technical boxer, and I think he'll win a decision by about 4 rounds. As for Katsidis-Burns, I'm a bit torn. I think if Katsidis lands his big shot even just once, then it will be lights out for Burns, but there is a part of me thinking that Burns will box his way to a decision. If I had to put money on, I'd bet on Katsidis by stoppage.

I might have to have a look into how much that would pay out, Groves by decision and Katsidis by stoppage.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 am

My Mistake I should have typed Smith not Groves. Embarassed

I like Groves and expect him to win but I have a feeling Smith could pull off the upset Smith has a ton of experience and stylistically gels well with Groves.

I'll be honest think Burns will out box Katsidis to a close decision Think It will end up similar to the Martinez fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Big Larry has pulled out of the Chisora fight. Sad
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 am

Mayweather has announced he is fighting on May 5th, cue 3 months of speculation that he's fighting Pacquaio, then a rematch with Ortiz being announced as the fight.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

More than likely Sheldan but I wouldn't be surprised If it turns out to be Khan or even Berto seeing as he has a Belt (IBF).
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Yeah Berto is probably the best bet, doubt it would be Khan this early, I think Khan will take 1 fight at WW (maybe on the undercard) and then fight Mayweather at the end of the year.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Sheldan wrote:Yeah Berto is probably the best bet, doubt it would be Khan this early, I think Khan will take 1 fight at WW (maybe on the undercard) and then fight Mayweather at the end of the year.

Agree on Khan probably a little soon but If the money is right I don't see him turning It down providing he gets past Peterson (Which he should.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Sad news about Joe Fraizer terrible shame I don't think any Boxing fan of any age will ever forget the first time they watched any of the Fraizer Ali Trilogy a very sad day for Boxing Sad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:51 pm