THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
mikeyboybisping
hendos_right_hook
GSPfan11
threeofclubs
pinsman
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
poz
Mryzyz
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Ginginho
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
manschesthair_utd
gre660wl
2brutal
Cowboys From Hell
Shanemc
the_king
Sheldan
29 posters

Boxing discussion

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Boxing discussion

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Apart from the brilliant scrap with Lyon & Farrag and the Final Prizefighter last night was a dud. Looking forward to Saturdays fights reading the Boxing forums around and It is amazing the amount of people buying in to Bellew this weekend I can not believe so many think he has Cleverly's number and It's not just deluded Scousers Laughing

As for Haye in MMA ain't going to happen can you see Zuffa paying a high 7 to 8 figure some or Haye accepting around 6 figures and a low percentage of buy rates Haye is going to retire as a Heavyweight charlatan.

Would Haye really need a massive amount of money? Hes made plenty in boxing, just from the Wlad fight alone, and is a huge fan of MMA and the UFC in general. Also he's still in his physical prime unlike Toney.

Is Haye a bigger draw than Lights Out?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:Apart from the brilliant scrap with Lyon & Farrag and the Final Prizefighter last night was a dud. Looking forward to Saturdays fights reading the Boxing forums around and It is amazing the amount of people buying in to Bellew this weekend I can not believe so many think he has Cleverly's number and It's not just deluded Scousers Laughing

As for Haye in MMA ain't going to happen can you see Zuffa paying a high 7 to 8 figure some or Haye accepting around 6 figures and a low percentage of buy rates Haye is going to retire as a Heavyweight charlatan.

Would Haye really need a massive amount of money? Hes made plenty in boxing, just from the Wlad fight alone, and is a huge fan of MMA and the UFC in general. Also he's still in his physical prime unlike Toney.

Is Haye a bigger draw than Lights Out?

Definitely a bigger draw than Toney especially current day the one thing that is obvious is Haye's style would translate far better than Toney's, Toney's style is just can not translate well in to MMA.

The way I see it if I'm honest is Haye has no desire to fight period I think financially he is pretty happy the only thing he seems to bang on about post boxing is acting.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Haye would be a LHW surely?

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    I bought a big old farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere.

Sounds familiar, you following in the footsteps of your hero?

Boxing discussion - Page 8 UFC-Brock-Lesnar-hunting-1

Haha! Not quiet as big as Brocks but it's on 73 acres which I'm told is a lot but I have no concept of acres and that sort of thing so I don't know if it is or not. I'm planning on planting trees on the vast majority of it. I can get a government grant for that so it won't cost me anything to do.

The house itself is big but it needs a fucking shit load of work and there's a big stone barn type thing connected to it that I'm going to knock into and make part of the house. It's a weird L shape right now but with the barn included it'll be a U shape and I like symmetry, and I can create a courtyard which should give me some lovely delusions of grandeur.

It's well over 100 years old and the old guy I bought it off told me he hasn't done a thing to it in about 30 years since his wife died and I wouldn't say he did much in the previous 50 years that he lived in it before that. It's not in a liveable state right now(or even close to it, not sure how the old cunt was living in it!) so I'm going to gut the entire thing, knock through to the barn and restore and renovate the lot into a fucking monster of a house! When I say that I am going to do it, I of course mean other people will do it while I wander aimlessly about in wellies and a hardhat pretending to understand what I'm being told! Physical labour is not my sort of scene at all! Plus I'm going to be stupidly busy from November to next summer. And I'm a lazy cunt. Mainly because I'm a lazy cunt to be honest.

I've had to rent a fucking mobile home to park next to it and live in while all the work is being done, I feel like such a pikey. Probably going to be living in it until next summer by the sounds of things. I didn't really think the whole thing through in terms of timeframe so now me, my missus, my two boys and her daughter are all going to be living in a mobile home for the best part of a year. I may end up living in a tent outside just for some peace and quiet!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 am

The Cleverly VS Bellew card and Hopkins VS Dawson card will be on freeview channel 110 on Saturday, fair play to Fwank for getting it on freeview for those who don't have Sky access.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm

It is also free to view online too.

Got to say the line up looks great and the Cotto vs Margarito II card is worth £10 alone (Nobody tell Fwank that Laughing )

Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, USA

The WBA Welterweight Championship of the World
    Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito No need to add anything the first fight was a classic, Hoping Cotto gets revenge
    The WBA Lightweight Championship of the World
    Brandon Rios vs John Murray Great fight will be a toe to toe war no doubt
    12 x 3 Welterweight Contest
    Mike Jones vs Sebastian Adres Lujan Good step up for Jones his first real test
    10 x 3 Light-Middleweight Contest
    Pawel Wolak vs Delvin Rodriguez Had a FOTY candidate earlier in the year on ESPN which ended in a draw
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Haha! Not quiet as big as Brocks but it's on 73 acres which I'm told is a lot but I have no concept of acres and that sort of thing so I don't know if it is or not. I'm planning on planting trees on the vast majority of it. I can get a government grant for that so it won't cost me anything to do.

The house itself is big but it needs a fucking shit load of work and there's a big stone barn type thing connected to it that I'm going to knock into and make part of the house. It's a weird L shape right now but with the barn included it'll be a U shape and I like symmetry, and I can create a courtyard which should give me some lovely delusions of grandeur.

It's well over 100 years old and the old guy I bought it off told me he hasn't done a thing to it in about 30 years since his wife died and I wouldn't say he did much in the previous 50 years that he lived in it before that. It's not in a liveable state right now(or even close to it, not sure how the old cunt was living in it!) so I'm going to gut the entire thing, knock through to the barn and restore and renovate the lot into a fucking monster of a house! When I say that I am going to do it, I of course mean other people will do it while I wander aimlessly about in wellies and a hardhat pretending to understand what I'm being told! Physical labour is not my sort of scene at all! Plus I'm going to be stupidly busy from November to next summer. And I'm a lazy cunt. Mainly because I'm a lazy cunt to be honest.

I've had to rent a fucking mobile home to park next to it and live in while all the work is being done, I feel like such a pikey. Probably going to be living in it until next summer by the sounds of things. I didn't really think the whole thing through in terms of timeframe so now me, my missus, my two boys and her daughter are all going to be living in a mobile home for the best part of a year. I may end up living in a tent outside just for some peace and quiet!

Sounds like a lot of work, im sure it will be worth it though, where abouts in Ireland is it?

Cowboy cant wait to Cotto vs Marg II! Cotto to win... what you think?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh and Haye isnt retiring he is going to fight Vitali next year apparently. Fuck knows what he did to diserve that shot but I think Vitali thinks he got off lightly in not being KO'd by his wee bro.

Vitali dishes out a lot more damage and is a lot more agressive when he has his man hurt. Haye wont make it past the 8th.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Think Cotto wins too probably a decision.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Anybody here watching the fights this week?

Cleverley vs Bellew could be exciting, shows how poor boxing is right now tho that its for a world title. I'd say neither fighter would have been a world champion 5 years ago. Cleverley is always improving tho and if he's as good as he's being talked up should beat a limited Bellew.

B-hop to do what B-hop does and beat dawson who's the most overated fighter in the world without a single good win on his record.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Thinking on it Dawson did beat Adamek who's only other loss is to Vitali so i guess that counts as a good win but he's still shit
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:38 pm

He's beating Johnson and Tarver twice each!

Dawson is an excellent fighter and will be a very tough fight for B-Hop. Hopkins to win IMO but this will be his toughest fight in a long time.
    GSPfan11
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  GSPfan11 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:51 pm

He's beaten tarver twice in 08 and 09 that was a good 4 years after Tarver had knocked out Roy Jones who was a shell of his former self. I really thinnk without that win over Jones no one would give a shit about Tarver.

I refuse to see Johnson as a good win on anybody's record as he went 1-1-1 with Clinton Woods

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:54 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Oh and Haye isnt retiring he is going to fight Vitali next year apparently. Fuck knows what he did to diserve that shot but I think Vitali thinks he got off lightly in not being KO'd by his wee bro.

Vitali dishes out a lot more damage and is a lot more agressive when he has his man hurt. Haye wont make it past the 8th.

Don't even think he'll make it that far too be honest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Sounds like a lot of work, im sure it will be worth it though, where abouts in Ireland is it?

Cowboy cant wait to Cotto vs Marg II! Cotto to win... what you think?

Cotto to destroy him for me.

It's in Nurney, Co. Carlow. Well, it's about 2 miles outside of the village of Nurney but it's Nurney parish. About 15 minutes from Carlow town. My fathers family are originally from the area so many a summer was spent there as a kid. Always wanted to live down there so when I got the chance I decided to take it. Couldn't really say no at the price to be honest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am

just watched cleverly vs bellew. Great fucking fight. Both guys really gave it everything they had and it has to be a fight of the year contender.

The undercard was good as well.

Really good start to what should be a great night of boxing.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:38 am

Spoiler:
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 am

Spoiler:
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Spoiler:
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 pm

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 pm

One of the biggest disgraces i've ever seen! Boxing is rapidly going down a very steep hill!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Was that a combat Sambo fight? Its the 1st slam TKO ive seen in boxing. What a joke, ref needs to get fired along with Joe Cortez, Im sure the result will be overturned. It could have only been a DQ or a NC, personally I lean towards DQ.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Bad reffing and embarrassing behaviour from Dawson afterwards.
    Another bad night for the sport.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 pm

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah forgot to say about Kimbo, that was some KO!

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Just noticed you posted his debut, he had another one last night. I'll post it now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:40 pm