THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
Sheldan
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Mryzyz
The_Axe_Emperor
manschesthair_utd
efils_god
payneNglory1
Ginginho
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
uly
Anfields5thKing
19 posters

General MMA News

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

General MMA News - Page 10 Empty Re: General MMA News

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:37 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Anyone watch the weigh ins there? What a bitch move by Silva that was!! Evil or Very Mad He struck him with his shoulder, may as well have punched him as far as im concerned. Sonnen has got into his head so much it's ridiculous.

Sonnen is going to retire Anderson tonight, he dropped him a couple of times standing last time and I dont see Anderson stopping his TD's, Also Sonnens BJJ is massivley improved, he isnt getting subbed.

I can see Sonnen GnP Anderson out inside the distance this time. Round 4TKO!!! Twisted Evil
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Anyone watch the weigh ins there? What a bitch move by Silva that was!! Evil or Very Mad He struck him with his shoulder, may as well have punched him as far as im concerned. Sonnen has got into his head so much it's ridiculous.

He is totally in his head and Sonnen ain't even scared one bit there's no way Anderson is taking the Belt from the Champ Cool.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:

He is totally in his head and Sonnen ain't even scared one bit there's no way Anderson is taking the Belt from the Champ Cool.

But Seal has shown him 3 previously though to be illegal moves... I heard one is the touch of death...

Would be really funny is Anderson beat him with some sort of Karate chop to the nick straight outta under seige! Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Vinny Magalhaes said Sonnen is as good as a Purple belt in BJJ, Also said Sonnen is 230lbs when they train off season but is in great shape at 230. He is one big Mw allright, looked in insanley good shape at the weigh in.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:

But Seal has shown him 3 previously though to be illegal moves... I heard one is the touch of death...

Would be really funny is Anderson beat him with some sort of Karate chop to the nick straight outta under seige! Laughing

He's such a moron!! Maybe one of the possibly illegal moves was to get Anderson to ram his shoulder into Chael's face at the weigh ins.

Purple belt? Not bad, realistically a purple belt should know enough to be able to defend themselves in there, especially when you add strikes into the mix. I remember Magalhaes saying that he wouldnt be surprised at all if Sonnen submits him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm

It would be, But The American Gangster gonna open a can of whoop ass on Silva. Cool

On to Seagal I feel sorry for him he just seems desperate for attention and The Black House boys almost seem embarrassed to be around him. He reminds me of Al Gore on South Park the boys feel sorry for him so they play on along with his pursuit of ManBearPig Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:It would be, But The American Gangster gonna open a can of whoop ass on Silva. Cool

On to Seagal I feel sorry for him he just seems desperate for attention and The Black House boys almost seem embarrassed to be around him. He reminds me of Al Gore on South Park the boys feel sorry for him so they play on along with his pursuit of ManBearPig Laughing

ManBearPig Laughing Gonzaga?

I know what you mean mate, he seems to take himself deadly serious, I wonder why they have him around? Publicity? I loved where he said he taught Anderson a Teep, basic Muay Thai Teep, im sure Anderson never heard of that one before Master Segal showed him what was what! Laughing

The Video of him slap fighting Feijao who pottered about moving his arms as slowth speed was amazing..

It remings me of when I did Thaijutsu and they would make one guy throw this telegraphed punch at a 10th of normal speed and you had to do things like Sidestep and grab his wrist etc.. I laugh by balls off traditional martial art things like that because if I could catch punches out of mid air it would be Me and not Sonnen fighting Anderson! Laughing
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:46 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:It would be, But The American Gangster gonna open a can of whoop ass on Silva. Cool

ManBearPig Laughing Gonzaga?

I know what you mean mate, he seems to take himself deadly serious, I wonder why they have him around? Publicity? I loved where he said he taught Anderson a Teep, basic Muay Thai Teep, im sure Anderson never heard of that one before Master Segal showed him what was what! Laughing

The Video of him slap fighting Feijao who pottered about moving his arms as slowth speed was amazing..

It remings me of when I did Thaijutsu and they would make one guy throw this telegraphed punch at a 10th of normal speed and you had to do things like Sidestep and grab his wrist etc.. I laugh by balls off traditional martial art things like that because if I could catch punches out of mid air it would be Me and not Sonnen fighting Anderson! Laughing

This one.

It's bloody hilarious you can see Seagal was deadly serious. A shame Lebell isn't there this weekend (or is he) I'd back an 137 year old Lebell to beat that rotund fatfuck. Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Anyone got the stones to have an avatar bet for tonight?

I've got Silva.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Anyone got the stones to have an avatar bet for tonight?

I've got Silva.

I was waiting on Anfield to come to Sonnens defence but Fuck it ill risk loosing my beloved Minowa avatar, as long as its safe for work! Laughing
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm

I would break down the probability of outcomes for this fight as this:

70% chance of a Sonnen UD
    20% chance Sonnen submits Silva (probably via arm triangle)
    10% chance Silva pulls out a KO or a sub against the 'run of play'

I don't see why it will be too much different than last time, except Sonnen has better BJJ now and will be more focused on just getting the W this time (i.e. no taunting Silva with daft shite like mongolian chops)
    Maybe Silva has been delaying this fight as long as he possibly can so he train his TDD to a level that he feels will be adequate, but I doubt it.

Less than 10 hours to go now, until the biggest fight ever...
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:04 pm

well it isnt the biggest fight ever.

anyways i really hope for Sonnen to win the fight, but i have a feeling Silva is just gonna thrash him, like the Okami rematch.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

For me this is the biggest fight ever. Been looking forward to this since UFC117. Watched every minute of all those Sonnen hearings. Really cant wait.

I got Sonnen UD. If Anderson doesnt hurt him in round 1 and go on to finish fight Rd 1 or 2. Then Sonnen will win.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:04 am

I personally don't think there's been a bigger UFC fight?
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:56 am

Well that turned out an easy fight for silva ,sonnens stand up is utter utter shite borderline embarassing was like watching a drunk in the second round at points.
    first round was shite as well 5 mins in guard lol

mediocre wrestle fucker at best ,,,,amazing how far his gob got him
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am

thebadgersbits wrote:Well that turned out an easy fight for silva ,sonnens stand up is utter utter shite borderline embarassing was like watching a drunk in the second round at points.

Untrue. Chael Sonnen is not a "mediocre wrestle fucker at best". He's without a doubt the 2nd best middleweight in the world, and should've beat Silva once, possibly even twice if he hadn't have made stupid mistakes. That spinning back fist was just ludicrous. And cost him the fight.

Granted, his trash talking did help in getting him far, but he still had to do the business inside the cage. I honestly still think he could beat Silva.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:Well that turned out an easy fight for silva ,sonnens stand up is utter utter shite borderline embarassing was like watching a drunk in the second round at points.

Untrue. Chael Sonnen is not a "mediocre wrestle fucker at best". He's without a doubt the 2nd best middleweight in the world, and should've beat Silva once, possibly even twice if he hadn't have made stupid mistakes. That spinning back fist was just ludicrous. And cost him the fight.

Granted, his trash talking did help in getting him far, but he still had to do the business inside the cage. I honestly still think he could beat Silva.

Thus far hasn't done it against silva and have zero interest in a third fight ,struggled against good old pillow fists bisping whom according to some posters on here is fakin crap.

Sonnen has no plan b, his stand up is shocking never seen such woefull timing from a pro fighter .

sonnen was exposed last night imo
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    payneNglory1 wrote:Anyone got the stones to have an avatar bet for tonight?

I've got Silva.

I was waiting on Anfield to come to Sonnens defence but Fuck it ill risk loosing my beloved Minowa avatar, as long as its safe for work! Laughing

I'll keep it clean Wink

Actually I'm struggling to think of a good one for you mate,anyone got any good ideas?
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:02 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Would have, could have, should have but didn't TWICE. The great fighters finish their opponents, he doesn't have that ability and it has cost him.

I'm glad he lost.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 pm

After watching the replays again I'm starting to think Sonnen quit The whole ending looked surreal It seemed like after he missed that ridiculous spinning back fist he was looking for a way out...Could be wrong though.

Am I the only one who was severely disappointed by the card maybe It was unrealistic expectations but I found all the fights underwhelming I think the mess of Ortiz Griffin summed the night up for me....Or maybe nothing could of Topped the great Mzatchroom card earlier on Saturday night.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 pm

I think Anderson had been working extra hard on his defensive grappling ever since 117.

Thats what I think made the difference last night. 2 years ago Sonnen would have had him on his back early in the second round.

Sonnen may also have reached the point where he cannot comfortably make 185 anymore. 2 years is a long long time in a professional athletes career.

Bisping Sonnen II makes sense if Mike doesn't mind waiting.

Or maybe Sonnen to 205?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 pm

thebadgersbits wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Thus far hasn't done it against silva and have zero interest in a third fight ,struggled against good old pillow fists bisping whom according to some posters on here is fakin crap.

Sonnen has no plan b, his stand up is shocking never seen such woefull timing from a pro fighter .

This is hilarious.

I despise Sonnen, hate the guy with a passion but his standup is far from overrated. He has never, once been outstruck by an opponent, ever. Not even last night. Who else has rocked Silva like Sonnen did in the first fight?
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

This is hilarious.

I despise Sonnen, hate the guy with a passion but his standup is far from overrated. He has never, once been outstruck by an opponent, ever. Not even last night. Who else has rocked Silva like Sonnen did in the first fight?

Throwing tippy tappy punches a clapping someones ears is hardly what i call world class striking ,
    one dimensional fighter ,
    last night showed that the first fight has nothing to read into what so ever ,has had two chances now and fluffed his lines both times sonnen couldnt finish a shit !!!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Cannot believe that Sonnen's stand up has been labelled 'utter shite'! No big fan of the man, but, he is without doubt, the 2nd best MW in UFC. He dominated best part of 6 rounds out of the 7 that he has faced, what most claim to be the GOAT (not myself it has to be said), he got caught by that triangle/armbar in the first, and beaten by a cistly error in the 2nd. Silva's defence looked better in the first, but was still dominated, in the 2nd, fuck knows what Sonnen was doing with the spinning back fist, but once he stumbled, give Silva his due, he fully capitalised on the error, I wasn't too chuffed with Silva's grabbing of Sonnens shorts in the clinch, and at first, thought he had aimed that knee at the head of Sonnens (after watching the replays, it's clear that he hadn't). Funny as fuck that a man can dominate the most dominant champion in UFC history, and still be labelled as 'exposed'.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Cannot believe that Sonnen's stand up has been labelled 'utter shite'! No big fan of the man, but, he is without doubt, the 2nd best MW in UFC. He dominated best part of 6 rounds out of the 7 that he has faced, what most claim to be the GOAT (not myself it has to be said), he got caught by that triangle/armbar in the first, and beaten by a cistly error in the 2nd. Silva's defence looked better in the first, but was still dominated, in the 2nd, fuck knows what Sonnen was doing with the spinning back fist, but once he stumbled, give Silva his due, he fully capitalised on the error, I wasn't too chuffed with Silva's grabbing of Sonnens shorts in the clinch, and at first, thought he had aimed that knee at the head of Sonnens (after watching the replays, it's clear that he hadn't). Funny as fuck that a man can dominate the most dominant champion in UFC history, and still be labelled as 'exposed'.

Yeah I think exposed is the wrong word about Sonnen I will say Sonnen in that 2nd Round looked lost to me as I said earlier looking at It again I think he was looking for a way out in the 2nd Round he was reckless and nervous In that 2nd Stanza.

Great performance in the end by Silva he capitalized on stupid and reckless moment by Sonnen and made him paid for It. I just hope he finally ditches the Belt and goes up to LHW.....But I like the idea of this.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/159407.html#

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 am