THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
Sheldan
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Mryzyz
The_Axe_Emperor
manschesthair_utd
efils_god
payneNglory1
Ginginho
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
uly
Anfields5thKing
19 posters

General MMA News

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

General MMA News - Page 13 Empty Re: General MMA News

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm

UWC UK has signed a deal with Boxnation.......very interesting to see Warren add MMA to Boxnation.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Now according to LifeSports.ru Sergei Kharitonov is close to signing with the UFC. Here's a Google translated excerpt of the Russian article.

The famous 31-year-old heavyweight Sergei Kharitonov should soon sign a contract with the UFC.

One of the greatest modern Russian fighters will move back across the ocean, and will act in the strongest league in the world MMA.

According to the Life Sports, after several bouts held under the auspices of the Golden Glory, Sergey has decided not to renew the relationship with this organization. According to unconfirmed reports, the cause of disagreement - the financial aspect. The organization has not paid the fees due him to Sergei.

Kharitonov himself in an interview with Life Sports said that he was pleased to continue his career overseas.

- UFC - is the strongest world league of mixed martial arts. I, as an athlete, always fun to fight with the strongest and best rivals. These are the fighters and stand in the UFC. I hope that I will be able to speak in this league.

I'd like to see him matched up against the likes of Hunt,Lavar,Barry,Mitrione,Schaub etc so we can see some good fun stand up battles.

I don't think things would turn out very well for Khatitonov if he steps in with any of the higher ranked guys that have good ground games.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Overeem Trilogy?

I reckon he should fight Hunt...
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:05 pm

I think Mir would be a good fight for Kharitonov

He is a big name and is stylistically a good opponent for Sergei- poor takedowns and goes into panic mode when hit.

In a pure standup fight I would say no one in the HW division has a decisive advantage over Kharitonov.

Anyone with good takedowns though beats him easily.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:14 pm

My mate text me there saying that reports are emerging that the UFC have signed up with ESPN for another year of broadcasting. Anyone heard anything??
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah they mentioned It before the broadcast last night mate. Not surprised It was only 1 year with the PL deal running out next year who would want to a long term deal with a broadcaster who is about to lose It's golden egg and main reason people subscribe with them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

url=http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw]http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw[/url]

Guys I spoke to joe silva and ask to fight with the top contender #weidman here in brasil so I think this is the fight that will credence me to a title fight so that is what happened.
    I want the belt but I am not desperate I think weidman is the next for the belt,but Anderson silva deserve to see who is next .So let`s make this fight the next #contender belfort vs weidman the next contender for #andersonsilva

I hope this happens. I think Weidman will wreck Vitor.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:url=http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw]http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw[/url]

Guys I spoke to joe silva and ask to fight with the top contender #weidman here in brasil so I think this is the fight that will credence me to a title fight so that is what happened.
    I want the belt but I am not desperate I think weidman is the next for the belt,but Anderson silva deserve to see who is next .So let`s make this fight the next #contender belfort vs weidman the next contender for #andersonsilva

Even if Belfort sparks Weidman he would get smashed by Anderson anyway, I know many think Belfort has a good chance against Anderson but I just dont see it - he stands square on and is easy to hit, he is made for Anderson IMO.

Not sure if I have had a memory block but can anyone confirm why the Fuck it isnt Shogun vs Machida this weekend for the title shot?????
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

kavik2 wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:url=http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw]http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/MBw[/url]

Even if Belfort sparks Weidman he would get smashed by Anderson anyway, I know many think Belfort has a good chance against Anderson but I just dont see it - he stands square on and is easy to hit, he is made for Anderson IMO.

Not sure if I have had a memory block but can anyone confirm why the Fuck it isnt Shogun vs Machida this weekend for the title shot?????

I agree I don't think Vitor is going to beat Anderson anytime soon in fact I thought he looked poor against Rumble until Rumble gassed his punches looked wild and a bit slower IMO, BTW I was saying I think Weidman would wreck Vitor not the other way round. Very Happy

I think Dana basically said who ever Impresses in victory in the Main or Co Event this weekend they will get the shot which is a good way I suppose to gee up all 4 fighters even more than they would be. As I said in another thread I really hope Hendo beats Jones as I'm not too interested in any of the 4 potential re-matches for Jones next.

kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi yes sorry didnt make it clear, i got that you feel Weidman would smash Vitor and I agree, just adding that would be pointless anyway because Vitor is made for Anderson.

Yes think you are right, the FOX cards havent been great so far and they have what looks like two walk over fights for Shogun and machida so he is trying to create extra excitement.

Think most people would rather be watching Bader vs Vera and Shogun vs machida this weekend,
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

So Belcher vs Belfort isnt set yet I take it? I agree with Belfort I think Weidman should fight him to earn a shot. Beating Munoz and having only one other good win against a Ww... to me this seems like Leties all over again, UFC are jumping the gun to give a guy a title shot because of a run like this.

He needs a big name win, Maia isnt in the devision any more and had slid right down the rankings and Munoz isnt that good, Again people forget Hamill beat him.

Dont get me wrong I see how good Weidman is but on Paper he should have a win over an ex champ or a bigger name to earn a title shot IMO. Belfort would be perfect. Let Anderson do another superfight, Diaz or Evans. Not that they are more legit fights in any shape of form but it sorts the Mw devision out and establishes a contender people are interested in.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:53 pm

I did read on Junkie that both men (Belcher & Vitor) have agreed to the fight. I can see why Weidman feels he should get the shot, rightly or wrongly a lot of websites & magazines had Munoz Top 5 or in a lot of cases No 3 and Weidman brutalized him.

Everyone seems to be tied up currently Weidman v Silva does seem like the most logical fight to make for Silva unless of course they take up Rashad on his offer maybe that's why there is delay ?. But with that being said I still think Zuffa are waiting and certainly hoping for Bisping to beat Stann I think that can be the only reason for the hold up.

If Weidman doesn't get the Title fight then surely Sonnen seems the most obvious fight to make with him with no scheduled opponent but would Zuffa risk putting Sonnen in there against someone like Weidman after what Silva did to him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Soa The Hulk out of OneFC, AA is now fighting Tim Sylvia! This should be good, I know they had a real stinker of a last fight but with Soccerkicks in the mix I think this one will end with a nice KO.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Matt Hamill has come out of his short retirement and will fight Roger Hollett at UFC 152.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Rory McDonald out of his fight with BJ @ UFC 152 due to cut in training.

General MMA News - Page 13 Method=get&s=rory-macdonald-08-05-12-1-23-11-797
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Shit, that's a nasty cut.

What a shame for him, that was going to be a great fight. Any idea who might step in?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:00 am

Sean Sherk has come out saying he wants to step in against BJ.

I have no interest in seeing that rematch.

Akiyama would make a fun fight with BJ.

It's a shame Kos is fighting Ellenburger,I wouldn't mind seeing BJ vs Kos.

Maia would of been fun too,but he's fighting Story.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:56 am

Penn has said he wants to fight at UFC 153 in Brazil.

MacDonald has said he wants to face Penn at UFC 154 in Montreal.

The fight will get moved to UFC 154 I think.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Siyar Bahadurzada wants the Penn fight and has said he will do the VADA tests and will donate his purse to charity.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Siyar is a bit of a lose lose situation for Penn. Plus he probably isn't high enough in the rankings for BJ to even consider it.

I think he'll still fight MacDonald, as they both want too. Probably in Montreal, UFC 154.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Siyar Bahadurzad offered himself as a replacemente for Rory MacDonald against BJ Penn, but the fight won’t happen. The Afghan, who said via Twitter that he’d donate his purse to charity, told TATAME that the “Prodigy” denied his offer.

“BJ said no. I'm disappointed,” Siyar told TATAME via email. “I wanted to fight him with an injury. My right hand is not healed till his fight. I can't punch, but still he doesn't wanna fight haha”.

MacDonald asked the UFC to move his fight to UFC 154, but Penn wanted to fight in Rio instead.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:58 am

Kos is out of his fight with Ellenburger at UFC 151 due to a bulging disk in his back.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Babalu has signed on to fight in Bellators 2013 LHW tourney.

Good move for Bellator and Babalu.

I'm expecting a few more names to be signed by Bellator to kick off their spike TV deal.

Daley,Mo and Babalu isn't a bad start.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Shit one for Overeem, Cain is fighting Junior in December... No doubt Overeem will fight someone else then... Who you all reckon?

For me I reckon if Cormier dispatches of Mir quickly and comes off injury free Cormier vs Overeem is the fight that needs to happen.

Also Anderson is taking 2012 off! Dana said Weidman is the number 1 contender, I wonder if he is going to wait for the fight? I could see him happily sitting out.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Cain should get the JDS fight,Reem fucked his #1 contender spot all by himself.

I'm still puzzled about what Cormiers plans are for the UFC,what will he do if Cain manages to take the belt.

Maybe a Werdum rematch for Reem(yes the first was a snoozer,but werdum has looked like a new man since that fight) Bigfoot - Browne or Struve - Miocic winner maybe.

If Silva is to have the break,then I think Weidman is to early into his career to be waiting,he needs to establish himself as the legit #1 guy by taking one of the winners of the Stann - Bisping or Vitor - Belcher fights.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 am