THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

More injury news.....

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

More injury news..... Empty More injury news.....

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:33 pm

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/04/elbow-surgery-puts-anderson-silva-on-the-shelf-until-2010/

It appears as though UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva may be forced to the sidelines until sometime in 2010 due to elbow surgery.

According to a recent report from MMA Live, the surgery will render Silva unable to compete throughout the duration of this year.

As of this time it is unknown as to when the injury occurred as there was no news of an injury following his recent first round demolition of Forrest Griffin during UFC 101 on August 8, and “The Spider” had reportedly taken some time off following the victory.

It now appears as though both Nate Marquardt and Dan Henderson will have to wait it out in order to have their opportunities at championship redemption, or perhaps a bout between the two would make sense in the near future.

=================================================

I reckon Hendo/Nate for the interim belt would make sense.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

More injury news..... Empty Re: More injury news.....

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 pm

I dont buy into It I think Anderson just wanted to take time off... He didnt want to fight Hendo or Marquardt so an "Injury" Will make sure these guys fight each other.

I could be wrong here but with Sherk getting an "inrury" that saw him not having to take Drug tests and Overeem being "Injured" and not able to fight Fedor I think people are starting to say they are injured to help their careers. Anyway it could well be genuine but I think even if he was fit to fight that these two would fight anyway because there probabally would be uproar if one guy got the shot over the other...

An Interim Title is interesting both guys have done enough for an interim belt to be on the Line, If the champ isnt ready to Defend I think Interim titles are a great Idea... Its an excuse to have these two go 5 rounds... Im more interested to see Hendo vs Nate than either man vs Silva anyway because its a new fight and Im interested to see who will come out on top.

Nates chin could be an issue Hendo hits really hard and Nate has been rocked a number of times, I cant remember him being stopped apart from againt Anderson but I think that Hendo throwing Bombis at him we could see another KO loss...

Likewise Hendo has a problem in this matchup, Nate is an absolute athlete and Hendos cardio has looked a bit iffy in his last few fights, In a way the 5 rounds of an Interim Title fight could heavily favor Nate...

I dont know who I think will win, Im slightly edging towards Nate if its a 5 rounder.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Mmm this seems very convenient doesn't it Silva doesn't want Nate or Dan demands they fight each other for the right to fight him now he is injured if this was Fedor the Silva fan boys will crying he is ducking his two most legitimate challengers.

TBH Soars is becoming to involved i know he manages Silva but come on you fight who is presented to you not erm & err at opponents presented to you i didn't see Liddell or Couture turn down fights or rematches...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:19 pm

I dont mind Silva wanting the winner of these with 3 fights left on his UFC contract im sure he would rather 2 of the fights not be Nate and Hendo when they can fight and he can face the better man. I just dont buy into the Injury, It just seems to convienient... Maby were wrong it could be legit but there has been a lot of conviniently injured fighers recently.

I hope Nate vs Hendo is at UFC 105, with Nog on the card it would be a very strong card. Id fly over to see it if Hendo vs Nate was on the card I reckon

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am