THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
ChelseaQuinsfan
payneNglory1
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
Shanemc
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
redmeanie77
13 posters

UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Nah Cote just stood still and let Anderson Batter him, Cote isnt the quickest and would have eaten leg kicks all night long. Or been Mauled in a Clintch as he is shorted than Bisping, once Wanderlei starts kneeing people in the face again he will start making a statment!

Yeah fair enough Red... just supprised to hear anyone though there would have been a question about it being 2 rounds to 1 Wanderlei. He landed more strikes every round. When one puncher is much bigger than the other and more damage is being done with each strike I think if he lands similar or more you just assume he wins the round.

Wanderlei was a bit hesitant because he had to win the fight, I dont think he played to the judges or anything I just think his career was on the line so he had to fight a very cautious fight for him. I think it will be different against Sexyama. I see him coming out all guns blazing.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Chelsea, did you think Belcher beat Akiyama at 100 ?

The more times i see it the more times i change my mind on who won, i think Akiyama stole the 3rd round with that takedown so late.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Ye I do think he beat him to be fair. He should have won the fight for this alone!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

But I think he did, those leg kicks did a lot of damage, more than Shogun on Machida and everyone thinks thats a robbery. He did a lot more damage, and did a lot better standing, he controlled most of the fight as well apart from the takedowns.

Based on yesterday I really do think Coté would have beaten Wandy.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I forgot to ask earlier, where you dissapointed in Cro Cop Chesty? He resorted to dirty tactics and won the fight using dirty tactics. Very Happy
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I forgot to ask earlier, where you dissapointed in Cro Cop Chesty? He resorted to dirty tactics and won the fight using dirty tactics. Very Happy

yeah but he apologised afterwards in an interview Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Wanderlei won the second with his leg kicks, his controlling of the cage, the sweep of Bispings legs and the near finish with the sub attempt. I didn't think Rogan was at all biased at 110, was very shocked at how neutral he stayed.

The winner of Cote vs Belcher would be the ideal opponent for Bitchping next. Neither are top level fighters and both would beat him IMO.
    TomHughes1983
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  TomHughes1983 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Wanderlei was a bit hesitant because he had to win the fight, I dont think he played to the judges or anything I just think his career was on the line so he had to fight a very cautious fight for him. I think it will be different against Sexyama. I see him coming out all guns blazing.

I agree with you on that Ben. I think Wanderlei was very aware of his standings in the UFC. He'd come into the organisation with quite the fan fare but now he's coming off a run of losses. The only fighter he has beaten since coming to the UFC is Jardine, who has since been proven to have a bit of a suspect chin. He badly needed that win especially due to the weight cut. When he cut against Rich Franklin he looked tired and drained and he'd only cut 10lbs lower than usual. After making his way to a new weight and supposedly reigniting his career at a weight where he wouldn't be tiny he had to get a win otherwise he'd be on a slippery slope. I don't see the UFC cutting Wanderlei Silva for a long time. As long as the Axe Murderer is fighting I'll be there to watch him and I'm sure a lot of people around the world think the same as me. He's got to be one of the most loved fighters in the world.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:17 pm

If Bisping put in the performance Wanderlei did I think people would be calling him to be a title contender, Bisping got nearly choked out and nearly knocked out.

Belcher beat him anfield? Akiyama gave him a close scrap on the feet and Akiyama is a Judo guy! Belcher has been beat by Eastman, Jason "Dooms" day by TKO. Edwin Aguilar??? By KO... He did look good against a Rusty Akiyama but seriously its a bit premature to think he would beat Wandy... you forget a weight drained Wandy gave Franklin a close fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I said it not Anfield.

Don't get me wrong im not saying Belcher would beat a fully fit Wandy, im saying based on his last performance he would have been too quick and big. If a fight was arranged between the two then I would probably pick Wandy (considering he actually does the right training) If Bisping won I think people would have been saying Wandy is done, finished. Don't think many would consider him a title contender, I know I and atleast one other person wouldn't.

Belcher has lost to some cans in his time, which makes people think he is a bum himself but he is one of the most improved fighters recently. He was arguably the second most improved fighter of 2009 after Minowa.

Wandy against Franklin was better than Wandy against Bisping.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 am