THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
ChelseaQuinsfan
payneNglory1
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
Shanemc
Anfields5thKing
hendos_right_hook
redmeanie77
13 posters

UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC 110 (Spoilers) !

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Shanemc wrote:
    redmeanie77 wrote:What website do you use to download events from?

bestmmatorrents.com is a good site for downloading events

They have some quality stuff there! Cheers mate!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:04 pm

i have concluded that the way to KO a Nog is with the inside of your left wrist. Laughing

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! - Page 2 1550y0m

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! - Page 2 3830569743_9c0b44ae23_o

anyway i am partly posting because i realise how precariously close i am to letting go of 4th place in the postcount rankings. Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Your 4th place is safe (for now), as im going back to Naas tonight. Mad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:23 pm

best of luck with that Red! Rolling Eyes

I think i'm safe in second and unless Ben goes on a six month holiday he's safe at the top.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:36 pm

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 pm

On top were.. me predictions league... am I doing ok?

Anyway what a KO by Cain!!! Shocked Fuck I take back what I said about him, that sort of Handspeed and Power could make him too much of Lesnar on the feet... and probabally competitive with him on the ground... Future champ Id agree.

Nog is Tough as they come, I watched that replay and Nog wasnt out at all, his nect was strianing to get up he wasnt KO'd. Sure you have to stop the fight after a fighter is dropped and takes a few bombs but credit to Nog he wasnt out... Not done as a contender but it did shot Cain to be one of the best in the world. A legit title contender and probabally the future champ.

I think the winner of Mir vs Carwin gets the shot and Cain will get the winner of JDS vs Gonzaga.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderlei is back!! cheers sunny cheers sunny

Thank fuck for that win, Bisping to his credit looked great, he didnt have the power or chin to beat Wanderlei in a shootout and soon was backpeddling, back to his old ways and landed a few decent shots... Wanderli looked to have improved in the shots he threw down the middle. His punches werent all wild looping ones and he supprised Bisping by catching him with Jabs and straights andhis leg kicks looked crisp. I was supprised to see no clintchwork from Wanderlei but I think he went out to win at all costs and diserved every bit of that decision. Cant wait to the Akiymam fight!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George S. is a seriously seriously well rounded figher, I had him wrote off as that skinny BJJ guy, his subs were never in question, but he boxed the ears of Joe Daddy as well as took him down and held him on his back! Shocked Awsome fighter to watch im a big fan now. I can see him going far.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bader is a beats, Those right overhand leads are so clumbsy, he really needs to brush up on his standup, thankfully for him a guy like Jardine's chin is always going to be a big bullseye and he found it! Fair play. Good win for him. I think he needs to work standup if he is to be a top contender in the future.
    Lyttle really impressed me with that Sub.. thought that was going to be a standup battle, never a dull moment with Lyttle, happy he won

Crocop for me just didnt impress, he wont be a contended again... you train at Hoosts gym and your standup doesnt improve? how did that work... he has so so flat footed and missed a lot of shots, His sprawl looked good but his performance against a C class fighter left more questions unanswered. If Barry had of got a Visa he would have done Crocop in I reckon.

Soszynski win a Headbutt TKO? That was looking a great fight, Bonnar took some inhuman amount of punishment, that guy is just about the toughest guy in UFC. Still he will loose a rematch if it happens. I bet the decision wont be made a NC... shame about that.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Shanemc wrote:
    redmeanie77 wrote:What website do you use to download events from?

bestmmatorrents.com is a good site for downloading events

They have some quality stuff there! Cheers mate!

yeah i use it nearly everyday has everything very handy to have a site like that incase u miss any event in anything
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Quote from Dana White:

"In my opinion, Nogueira is the best Heavyweight of all time"

Is this guy for real??
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:04 pm

When asked who he wanted to fight next, CroCop:

"If it was up to me, i fight Dana White. I think this is easy money for me!"
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 pm

so Wand is back but Crocop is done? Rolling Eyes

i knew Mirko didnt want to hurt Anthony by the way he was acting when he walked in, he was all smiles and cheery.

he needs to get the killer attitude back if he wants to be a contender again.

can you imagine Mirko doing this if he KO'd his opponent last night?

UFC 110 (Spoilers) ! - Page 2 Mirko_280x390_441234a

me neither.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Soszynski win a Headbutt TKO? That was looking a great fight, Bonnar took some inhuman amount of punishment, that guy is just about the toughest guy in UFC. Still he will loose a rematch if it happens. I bet the decision wont be made a NC... shame about that.

that would be a disgrace if it isnt turned into a NC it was a competitive fight
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Quote from Dana White:

"In my opinion, Nogueira is the best Heavyweight of all time"

Is this guy for real??

Dana white is a fucking spa every second thing that comes out his mouth is always a little cheap shot at Fedor
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Good card damn I wanted my name sake to win but honestly believed Joe Daddy would out work him and grind out a UD how wrong was I !

George looked fabulous If BJ wasn't LW Champion I could see him reign as LW Champion he has all the tools to be a real contender I think Tyson Griffin or Sherk would be a good next fight for him

Cro Cop couldn't judge him after his exhibition fight, Wandi limped passed Bisping who impressed me affraid he looked very good Wandi to me was a little gun shy the Ko's to Hendo, CC & Rampage have seemed to made him a little reluctant to go go balls to the walls possibly he did this in the fight to make sure he got the W.

Bader done what I expected he will be a force at LHW the next fight for him I'd like to see is a fight with Thiago Silva or even Couture.

Cain looked great really surprised me I always felt he would be a force after seeing him in Strikeforce and said on 606 about 18 months ago he would be a future Champion I had doubts after Kongo & Rothwell but those have been extinguished OK Nog might be a little suspect now compared to 3-5 years ago but he got smashed from the bell impressive stuff.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Wanderlei saying he wants Akiyama after Dana went on about Akiyama wanting to fight Wandi so bad...... lol!

Bonnar looked like he was out of it in the press conference.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:32 pm

wand vs akiyama is going to be a good one think wand will have to much power for him though and i really hope bonnar gets a few warm up fights because i really like him he always comes to fight give him perosh easy fight for him give him back a bit of his confidence
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I just re-watched the Nog KO, i cannot believe the amateurish mistake in Nog's stance. He had his left hand so low for a good while before the punch combo that dropped him. His left hand was doing nothing, it wasnt jabbing it wasnt protecting his face. Poor.

Nog must be getting his ears boxed off sparring with his brother, Anderson, JDS and Machida each day.

I reckon Gonzaga would be a good fight for Nog next. Or perhaps the looser of Carwin-Mir. I wouldnt fancy his chances against either to be honest.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Heres my take on last night.
    I still haven't seen CB or Tu Huna
    Lyttle sub was really good and I don't think anyone saw that coming,totally unfairly dismissed Lyttle's ground game,knew he had one but since he never really ever used it,you just think,oh yeah another blackbelt from the back of a cornflake packet but with moves like that proved he has a good level ground game just to pull of a move like that.
    I actually think Foster was looking really good up to that point and I thought he was going to win.Landed the better shots and was getting the better of lyttle,it was him that got Lyttle to the ground in normally a good position to controll your man,but Lyttle pull off a great move,slipped out the back and grabbed the leg.

Bonnar and Krystoff should deffinately be a NC and I really don't know why they don't use video footage before they come to a decision whether it was a punch or a headbutt.I mean the amount of times Rogan was shouting DONG everytime it happened,surely it would of only taken a second to look at a monitor before making a call.They should deffinately rematch.I must say though another loss for bonner and he's got to be close to getting cut.

Nothing to really say about the Cro-cop fight apart from he should be blowing fighters of that calibre out in the first rd,never mind shit fighters who have 2 days notice.
    Cro-cop did enough to win but nothing to impress,his punches still look nasty when he lands,you could see Perosh wince but he still took them.His sprawl looked ok,but I think mine would of looked ok against some of those lazy takedown attempts and where the fuck was his kicks,perosh was a standing target for most of that fight.Also when Cro-cop was in those positions where your all calling for knees,he had loads of other options to take,he could of just stood up,he could of slipped around the back or he could of pushed him on his back and worked in his gaurd,instead cro-cop chose to stay sprawled and hit them hammer fists,a great fighter should have more options in his arsenal than that and should deffinately not be weary what a fighter like Perosh can do to him,Perosh was a zero threat in any position.

Jardine and Bader was a wild fight on their feet,both swinging wild bombs and i was sure one of them was going to get clipped by one early on.Bader took the first rd and I gave Jardine the second and i think Jardine was finishing the stronger to be honest,but then bader hits him with a shot that makes him do a quick Micheal jackson,follows up with a big rushing knee and then hits him flush,making jardine do a perfect impression of his best mate Rashad,Ragdoll moment number 9.

George was by far the most impressive fighter of the night and I scored it all 3 rds to George,his boxing was crisp and with his reach advantage Joe had no chance,his only chance was on the ground but apart from a couple of sub attempts that Joe was close to getting,George controlled the whole ground game,like Rogan kept saying,10th planet Ju jitsu at its finest,everything Joe was trying was while he was being controlled and he limited to what he could try because george seemed like he was always a move or two infront of him.Really impressed with George and at some stage I think him against Kenflo will be a great fight.

Right then the bisping - Wandi fight.
    Bisping won that first rd,he landed the cleaner punches and had the two early takedowns(which he did quite easily),Wandi tried to steal the rd with a flurry at the end but that was not enough to win the rd.I gave the second rd to Wandi,again i thought bispings punches were cleaner,they lack power but he still landed more than wandi,but Wandi did land his own,it was close but then wandi did manage to steal the rd at the end.the last rd was more of the same with Bisping not hurting Wandi but scoring better untill again Wandi opened up at the end and nearly finished Bisping,who must of been having Hendo flash backs when wandi started swinging and he started back pedaling.2-1 Wandi but without that flurry from Wandi at the end,I would of scored it 2-1 to bisping.I don't know whats wrong with wandi,he seems to have become gun shy,i can understand him being weary in the beginning but once he felt that bisping's punches don't have much on them,you would of thought he would of gone for the kill and forced the fight,I don't think wandi managed to get bisping into one clinch all night.bisping's tactics were dull though,you could see him thinking about pts the whole fight,jab and move jab and move,make sure you get a takedown each rd for the judges,if he had used his head abit more and avioded exchanging in the last 40 secs of each rd,he would of taken a dull UD.if wandi had gone balls to the wall from the off he would of taken bisping out early.

Cain hit nog with clean shots that would of put any fighter on their backs,so i don't think his chin is in doubt,but seeing that happen again to nog has to raise questions.I was impressed with the way cain started the fight,he came out at a fast pace and showed absolutely zero nerves,he looked two gears faster than Nog and finished him in style.
    It's hard to say where this leaves Nog,is cain the future and is about to beat everybody and claim the title or does he go on to lose to the other top guys,showing us that Nog has lost something and is now just like my boy Randy,a very good gatekeeper for the division,i think this all gets answered in each of there next two fights,though I think they should make the Cro-cop,Nog fight next or we might not get the chance of this happening again.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Just finished watching the event.

From the top, wow what a performance from Velasquez. Really excellent, dissapointed for Nog but Velasquez looked incredible, he showed excellent standup. He is right up there with Fedor, Lesnar and Mir right now, sensational. He probably will fight the JDS/Gonzaga winner now which I don't like. I think JDS has the better hands but Velasquez would dominate that fight with his wrestling. Really impressed with Cain, regretting doubting him now.

Have to say I wasn't impressed with Wandy yesterday. He didn't look good, Belcher or Coté would have beat him comfortably yesterday, nevermind Sonnen or Belfort. If Bisping can take Wandy down, imagine what Sonnen would do. Bisping could have done a lot more to win that fight but he is just an average fighter, dissapointing really. Wandy will have to improve massivley if he wants to contend for the title, because right now Silva vs Silva would be a massacare. Bisping's punches have no power behind them at all, its embarassing and if it was someone like Coté behind those punches he would KOed Wandy. Still first fight at MW, so the only way is up.

George has a fantastic ground game, just wow. His control was fantastic, only Aoki, Shaolin and BJ have better ground games at LW, don't know about Ben Stiller. I think George would lose to Maynard and BJ would decimate him but he is a legit contender now, good to see another guy learning to fight of his back. Jon Fitch recently said that fighting off your back was dead in MMA unless you were Maia or Aoki so good to see another guy using it.

BTW, if George is that good, how incredible is Marcelo Garcia? Shocked

I've rated Ryan Bader since he KOed Tom Lawler, he looked good yesterday. Jardine is a tough opponent and he beat Griffin not long after he won TUF. Bader passed the test. The thing is all the power is there for Bader, he has freakish power but the accuracy isn't there. He needs to sharpen that up and he can be a really dangerous fighter. Not sure who is next for him, possibly Hammil, possibly the winner of Bones vs Vera or maybe even T Silva. Not sure whats next for Jardine, It would be harsh to cut him looking at his last couple of opponents, he can be kept as a gatekeeper. If he does get cut then Id like to see him in Strikeforce or even Shine fights.

Cro Cop dominated poor Perosh, he beat the shit out of him. I think he wanted to have fun out there rather than go out and finish the fight in 30 seconds. His sprawl was as ever terrfic, Tosswell is next.

YEEE Lythle, I love that guy. I think he is such an underated fighter, amazing to think he has 15 decision losses. A lucky punch here and there and he could have made something more out of his career but as always he was exciting. That fight was really exciting up to that point but a very nice knee bar applied. Fucked Foster up to be fair.

Lythle vs Rumble would be a war.

Dissapointed in Reljic but happy for Dollaway, I think has some potentiol but he needs to work on defeding submissions and on his standup. Good win over a tough guy, CB vs the winner of Belcher/Coté sounds like a good fight. Its been said before but I'll say it again, Arizona State University must have had some wrestling team with Velasquez, Bader and Dollaway in there side.

Good event overall that has created and recreated stars.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:34 pm

response to payne:

i think Nog came in expecting a war and Cain just wanted to take care of business early.

Crocop was playing it safe, which i guess it the smart thing to do, why would want to work in the guard of a BJJ specialists when he can....stay out of his guard?
    if you try to stand up from sprawl when a fighter has his arms around one of your legs then you are assisting his takedown.

i also got the impression he didnt want to badly hurt a fellow croatian and man he has trained with before.

as for his kicks, its very hard to throw left kicks when your all your opponent is trying to do between takedown attempts...is run away from your left leg!
    seriously if you go back and watch it Perosh is avoiding that thing like the plague.
    also i think he may have some lasting effects of the knee surgery he had at the start of 09.

ok there are my crocop excuses. Embarassed

btw i also think it was wand's fight easily, Bisping had him in no trouble whatsoever, and Bisping was saved by the bell twice.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Chelsea, the only other guy with a better ground game than Sotiropolous is Satoru Kitaoka, for my money the best ground game at LW, but he has lost 2 in a row and might be retiring even though he is just 30.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 pm

My opinions on the card were that it was very entertaining.

Thought The Nog fight was suprising Cain has suddenly found some serious power! haven't seen Nog stopped like that for ages! That puts him miles ahead of JDS now! Maybe 3rd overall?? I could see him beating Carwin and Mir Shocked

The Bisping fight was strange for me, Silva didn't look like the normal axe muderer I know, seemed slow and laboured, abit dissappointing to be hounist! Bisping was picking him apart a little bit, If bisping had more power he may have stopped Silva. Love the catch a sweep takedowns by Silva though, Bisping didn't know what had hit him.

Cro Cop was a strange one too, where were the fucking leg kicks!?!?! Since starting in the UFC he never throws them anymore, just relys on his hands, with the consensious he hasnt got that killer instinct anymore another let down!

The Bonner fight was brutle, Stevenson fight was one of my favs! Just awesome sweeps and sub attemps! Lytle ankle lock was beautiful!!

Good card overall, think Nog's chances of title has disappeared all together now =(
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

I quite enjoyed this card.

The Sotiropoulos fight was my favourite - as good a display of BJJ I've seen in the UFC for some time. His stand up was pretty good too although his punches looked a little soft and slow at times. He didn't give Daddy a chance.

Spent the whole Wandi fight yelling at him to charge the Cunt and beat the living shit out of him. But he did more than enough to win the fight. Bisping just about tapped to that choke until he got the call from his corner about the time left. And I would have been happy for Wandi to take the DQ loss if he kicked Bispings head off when he was on the ground.

Cain was too quick to the punch for Nog, who was disappointing for me.

Foster was looking pretty good and I thought he was getting the better of the fight until Lytle rolled the knee bar. Shit, that looks sore!!!

Cro Cop was in 1st gear the whole fight - while I didn't expect to see the LHK while Perosh was Starnesing him, it was disappointing to see hardly any kicks at all. Would the cage have anything to do with this?? As his opponents circle around the cage, would he be scared of throwing some kicks in case he hits the fence. I can imagine getting your toes caught in the fence while throwing a kick would fuccking hurt..... Just making excuses for him I think.

Always enjoy seeing Jardine KO'd and the Sos win should have been an NC. Jamie Te Huna won which was great for me (and those who chose him in the league) but it sounded like it wasn't a completely dominant performance, getting dropped a couple of times, laying and praying a bit before throwing a number of unanswered punches to TKO Pokrajac.

If anyone finds video of Te Huna's fight, please post it...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:Chelsea, the only other guy with a better ground game than Sotiropolous is Satoru Kitaoka, for my money the best ground game at LW, but he has lost 2 in a row and might be retiring even though he is just 30.

Marcelo Garcia and Shinya Aoki both have better ground games than both of those and fight at LW.

CroCop had a sparring match. He clearly didn't want to hurt his opponent. Look at when he cut him, he immediately stood up and walked away. He was just having a bit of fun. I thought his timing and sprawl were big pluses and think he'll batter Rothwell.

Wandi didn't look good but i think he won it clearly. First round was 10-9 to the Cunt but the second was Wandi's round. His leg kicks really hurt Bisping and then he almost choked him out. He was also the aggressor and controlled the octagon position. Third round was the same. It was 10-9 Wandi, even without the knockdown. I think the knockdown made it a 10-8 in my books. So i'd have given it 29-27 to Wandi.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 pm

chesty I agree that standing from the sprawl is bad if he has hold of a leg,but Perosh,from what i remember,I'll have to rewatch it,didn't, have one of Cro-cops legs,they were both behind him and his body was on the back of perosh's head where he had all sorts of options to improve his position.
    The playing it safe against a fighter of Perosh's skills,well there is just no excuse for it and to call perosh a specialist in any aspect of the game is a bit far fetched,well especially against someone who is considered by many the 3rd best Heavyweight ever,Perosh offered no threat what so ever to Cro-cop at all and not once did he came close to getting Cro-cop in any position for him to worry about.This was a fight that cro-cop should of been trying to shut all his doubters up.He had a full training camp,was suppossedly in great shape,working with a great camp,and he ends up fighting against a very average fighter who only had 2 days notice.This was supposed to be a fight that should of been to save his UFC career,when he thought he was fighting Rothwell,so when he was basicly given a bye,to earn another pay day with the UFC,he should of been going out to make a statement.

Taking it easy or just lost that killer instinct,i'm going for the later.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:49 pm

100% payne, It was a performance were he had to make a statemnt, I think he was playing it safe and not agressive because thats what hes been doing since Gonzaga ragdolled him.

Crocop did get better in this training camp, more confident etc.. but his footwork... terrible, he was so flat footed and missed a lot of shots... wasnt impressed.

I saw enough to thing that he would get passed Rothwell but I think on current preformance he is lucky to be a top 15 guy. I think Monson or Sylvia would give him a world of trouble. I reckon he will go after a fight with Nog but I dont see him doing well.

Its a shame he is being talked about to fight Rothwell still at all. There are four strikers all fighting each other who are all about Crocops level.. Ive no Idea why he isnt gettin one of the winners of Kongo/Yvel/Barry/Buentello any of these guys would really show us if Crocop still has enought agression to cope with a decent striker near his own level.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:10 am