THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
George_Louis_Costanza@who
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
redmeanie77
wilksdaman
Paddyjock
10 posters

TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers)

Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers) Empty TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers)

Post  Paddyjock Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Only really got 2 things to say....

That is possibly one of the worst fights I have ever seen in my life!! The fact that Mazzagatti said "Great fight guys" at the end was just laughable. Big Wes just had no gas - he was done after the 1st take down. McSweeney did more running away than fighting. Both guys on the ground were shocking. Shivers at one point had a Kimura locked up and there were numerous armbar and choke opportunities that were completely missed!!

Secondly Kimbo is completely different as a person than I imagined him. He actually seems pretty decent. I hope he beats Big Country next week. afro
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers) Empty Re: TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers)

Post  wilksdaman Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:57 pm

You got a link there Paddy?
    Im gonna be on the booze on saturday night so will miss it on five.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Downloaded it mate of mininova - downloads in about 20mins

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2982588
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Nice one. I'll be watchin it this evening!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:08 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Does anyone else think Wes was robbed ?

Roy Nelson appeared to be a cocky asshole in this show, he wouldnt listen to Rashad and his coaches in training, and Kimbo showed some nice moves on the ground when training for Rampage team. Kimbo appears to be a very nice person, easy to coach and a fast learner, i hope he KO Nelson next week.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I knew these big guys were going to set a low standard, if they gassed bad what is going to happen to Marcus Jones!! How can these guys be pro athletes with a gas tank like that?

I think that Nelson vs Kimbo will be a good one because Nelson is actually a highly ranked figher. Kimbo beat Mercer who Beat Sylvia... I think he is top 20 in the world if he beats Nelson... Really it isnt a ranked fight but he is that Dangerous if he beats Nelson who was 50/50 with Monson.

Im going to watch this over the weekend, Im not a mad TUF fan, Its a lot of TV to watch one fight. Still Nelson vs Kimbo will be one ill watch they are the shows two big names.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Ye Nelson was pissing me off a little, Kimbo is not a bad guy he was jut overhyped to death by Elite XCrap. He looks like he is taking things seriously and improving his skills. I do hope he KOs the overated Nelson (who has he beat of note exactly?) but im sure he won't win.

A few people have talked about how wes should have won but I disagree. Shivers diserved to lose, McSweeney was more aggressive and did more damage, appaling performance from Shivers. What does everyone expect when he goes and and leans back in the corner? McSweeney scored with leg kicks and got some good shots, especially at the end of the second round. It should have gone to a third but it wouldn't have made a difference because Shivers was completely gassed. There is no way Shivers won and he looked happy to lose because he didn't want to continue. Very suprising that this guy was in the NFL with conditioning like that, obviously he never did anything note-worthy there. I can't beleive he let go of the mount.

McSweeney isn't good either, he looked pretty shit but because he is Rashad's buddy he got selected first, nothing to do with skill or ability. Pretty sure he won't win.

One last thing, Rashad looks and sounds like Cuba Gooding Jr when he is coaching.
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Got to say i thought it was a terrible fight and both should be kicked off for such an awful display there was no winner.

McSweeney is awful i remember bloody Al Turk treating him like the scrub he is.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:03 pm

The fight sucked big time. Mcsweeney just spent the whole time running away, I swear there was least 100 occasions where he could have shut down Shivers, whose stamina was appalling. No amount of training is gonna sort out that oversized lump. Neither are worthy of progressing any further on the show.

With regard to Mr Slice, ive always favoured him as being a nice, genuine, modest guy. His reputation as being a street fighter is why some look towards him negatively, but ive got respect for the guy considering how far he has come. Big Cuntry looks to be an ass. Ive only seen a few of his fights. If this one stays standing, im fairly certain Kimbo will put him down.

I hope Kimbo goes on to win the show now.

Last edited by wilksdaman on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Judging from the first two fights,if that is the standard of the of the new genaration of heavyweight fighters then the current UFC heavys will have nothing to worry about for a long time.

Both fighters were done before the first round finished,what the hell would they do in a three round fight never mind a five rounder.

So far we have had a guy with bog standard wrestling winning against a guy with probably the worst ground game I've seen in MMA and now a mountain of a man who as impressive in statue he looked (he made the 6'4 sweeney look like a LHW)gasses after less than a minute of a fight and loses to a guy who did alot better,he didn't gas untill near the end of round one Shocked
    And don't forget how skilled McSweeney is,oh yeah scratch that I forgot he got TKO by Al Turk and the legend that is Neil Grove last year.

Very dissapointing start to a series I was really looking forward to.

On another note I do not think Rampage has done him or his team any favours.

He tries to take out a team-mate of Rashads to upset Rashad but instead of doing it with a guy with experiance and skills he throws him in with his biggest,inexperianced guy with no cardio at all,it backs up what I said about that Rampage picked his team on size alone,I mean he had been training them all week yet he didn't realise Shivers's cardio was that bad or did he just think that a guy that size should finish his man inside a minute,very professional.

Now Kimbo is getting the backlash because of Rampage's games and the way he has been going about alienating Kimbo from the rest of the cast.He all ready had a huge target on his head,but by giving him special treatment,well that just adds fuel to the fire.I mean what did the rest of his team think when he says shit like "it's ok Kimbo,you don't need to train to get on my team"now because of it he is being thrown in with the pre-show favourite because his coach is an idiot with his own agenda,who is more concerned with getting under Rashads skin than thinking whats best for his team and the best way to get his fighters into the finals.

Who can blame Rashad for getting revenge by taking out Rampages 1st pick but at least he has got the sence to match probably his best ground fighter against probably there weakest.

As a fighter I love to watch Rampage but as a coach I rank him about on par with Ken Shamrock.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Jesus! Shivers was shite, the biggest guy on the show flopped and badly! I dont hold out much Marcus Jones either, his Stamina is even worse. McSweeny showed read cowerdlyness by not following up anything and not going on the offence when Schivers was doubled over with his hands on his hips... how the hell did he even win Kickboxing titles? His striking was piss poor apart from his leg kicks!

It shocks me that there are less tallented and less fit guys on this show than anyone ive ever trained with! Piss poor quality of fighter this year. Nelson is favorite and he isnt exactly a superstar. I think he came across badly doing his own thing. I think he will beats Kimbo though despite being a Lhw with a massive gut! An in shape Nelson should be 205lbs at most he isnt the biggest guy but I think with the belly he can use his weight and get the fight to the ground were he will tap Kimbo.

I actually hope im wrong because Kimbo is the only Decent Striker in the show! I though we were going to see a poor series of TUF because they didnt look for tallented up and comers they just looked for guys who were huge and looked the part... A bit WWE of UFC I think. Im Disapointed with the series so far and Dont expect it to get better.

Kimbo vs Nelson is the biggest fight in the show so im glad its happening early. From now on im fast forwarding straight to the fights.
    Gibmeister
    Gibmeister
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers) Empty TUF 10 Ep 02 (Spoilers)

Post  Gibmeister Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 am

Hi guys - Thanks for 606 users to come on here after hours. im English but live in the US so this is a great solution. As far as that UFC cast goes, wow,its going to be a struggle...Most are 6" 4'+ and grossly out of endurance. The fella Im keeping my eye on closely is Brandan Schaub. This is his profile taken from Sherdog:

Brendan Schaub
    Height: 6-foot-4
    Weight: 240 pounds
    Hometown: Aurora, Colo.
    Record: 4-0

Schaub, a training partner of UFC heavyweight contender Shane Carwin and disciple of MMA guru Greg Jackson, cut his teeth inside the Colorado-based Ring of Fire promotion. A former backup fullback with the Buffalo Bills, he may have the best long-term outlook of any cast member. He has stopped his first four opponents in an average of 59 seconds.

I actually thought McSweeney would turn out great as well, but we all now he couldnt run for a bus.....

Finally, Jon Madsen, done what he needed to do... may not be the next UFC champ, but executed his game plan flawlessly (to Evans delight).

You watch the Kimbo/Nelson fight go the distance too.... gonna be a let down, I think..
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:39 am

Don't forget Nelson is a great grappler, despite not having many submission wins, and also don't forget, Kimbo got outgrappled badly by jiu jitsu wizard James Thompson.

If this fight goes to the ground (about 85% chance) it will end badly for Kimbo (99% chance)

I think ill post this again for anyone who wants to see it.

as for this weeks fight, McSweeny clearly won the decision, Wes landed about 1 or 2 strikes on the feet and about 3 or 4 on the ground.

James hit him on the chin flush with a couple of power shot, including a headkick that didnt even wobble him (impressive chin if nothing else), and hit him with a ton of leg kicks.

both teams need to work on getting their guys in shape!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 am

over the whole season i am cheering for "titties" i cant remember his name but he is way undersized so i like him. Laughing

edit: Darrill Schoonover is his name, 10-0, 5 kos, 5 submissions, 6ft 2, 218 lbs according to wiki.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

I think next to Nelson, Schoonover was the next most picked for favorite going into the show. I saw a clip of the fights in the opening credits between Nelson and Kimbo and Kimbo lands a clean right, So we know Kimbo will at least land on him before getting taken down and subbed!!

The level of tallen is one of the worst in the series history. Past shows have had guys like Mac Danzig etc. going into them, Apart from Nelson who is hardly a superstar there is no one of note on this show. Simms is washed up, Kimbo was a 50/50 fight for James Thompson and got KO'd with a jab. McSweeney who has lost more than he has won, including to Al Turk and Grove!! The level of tallent so disapoining this year.

Id rather they looked at Bringing im good young stars because Ive been thinking the Hw devision in getting old and there are few promising young stars.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Agreed, a terrible fight. McSweeney isn't good enough for the UFC.
    However, I got the impression McS was almost scared by the size and strength of Shivers, he caught his kicks a few times and really showed his power. Luckily for McS thats all Shivers had in his inventory.

Oh yeah, did anyone hear Rashad towards the end of round 2? Shivers had gassed and McSweeney just stood there as he bent over to catch his breath:
    " FINISH THE FIGHT!!!!!!"

Even his teammates were getting angry with him, let alone the coash
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:53 pm

I remember people talking about how the NFL are the best athletes in the world, and i though "nah, they just run into each other for 10 seconds at a time with a 2 minute break inbetween" and i guess i was right; (i like the game btw)

Those guys really were terrible though, Bob sapp had almost 100 lbs on Shivers at his biggest, and even he had more gas!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Cant wait for tonight.

I dont think i have ever been so excited for a TUF fight !!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 pm