THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

They played the best football, and without doubt, had the better players. I honestly think, that had there been a decent manager in charge, they would have won it by April. Curious now, to see whether they persist with Mancini.

Agree on this fully. He'd a mediocre manager and he nearly cost them the title. I think Benitez would be perfect for them to be honest.

They're the best team, with the best squad and they play the best football. They should have had the title wrapped up weeks ago and would have if they had a better manager.

He's safe for next season though, but I'd imagine after 90 minutes knives were being sharpened and phone numbers for Guardiola, Benitez and Mourinho were being sought.

Benitez is not a better manager than Mancini in my opinion. Why would Benitez even be in the same conversation as Mourinho or Guardiola? I could sort of understand if they replaced Mancini with the likes of Guardiola...but if they replaced him with Benitez, well i just would not understand that move at all.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

They played the best football, and without doubt, had the better players. I honestly think, that had there been a decent manager in charge, they would have won it by April. Curious now, to see whether they persist with Mancini.

Agree on this fully. He'd a mediocre manager and he nearly cost them the title. I think Benitez would be perfect for them to be honest.

They're the best team, with the best squad and they play the best football. They should have had the title wrapped up weeks ago and would have if they had a better manager.

He's safe for next season though, but I'd imagine after 90 minutes knives were being sharpened and phone numbers for Guardiola, Benitez and Mourinho were being sought.

Benitez is not a better manager than Mancini in my opinion. Why would Benitez even be in the same conversation as Mourinho or Guardiola? I could sort of understand if they replaced Mancini with the likes of Guardiola...but if they replaced him with Benitez, well i just would not understand that move at all.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:dont know why i even watch, its too stressful for me.

watching these football matches is like a tennis match and my heart is the ball.

almost got the credit card declined at the checkout, but in the end the purchase of the premiership title was completed.

Funny statement that, given how United's first 11 cost more than City's.

that may well be true but its quite irrelevant compared to this:

spending on transfers-

Man City
    08/09: £127,700,000
    09/10: £125,000,000
    10/11: £154,750,000
    11/12: £76,000,000

Man United
    08/09: £35,750,000
    09/10: £21,000,000
    10/11: £27,200,000
    11/12: £52,900,000

manchester united never bought the league they have been an elite team for many many years and added to the squad slowly each year.
    City came from nowhere due to extravagant spending and extermely rich owners.

I can admit they were better team this year.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon May 14, 2012 3:50 am

AN OPEN LETTER TO JOEY BARTON

Alright twat features?

I’m seeing my arse here as you’ve made such a bad show of yourself today, that I have finally been tipped over the edge and I’m having to put pen to paper on you, on a Sunday night.  My Sunday Dinner hasn’t even settled yet, and I don’t think it will tonight due to the fact that you remain in the world. Quiff and all.

People have been asking me to do a letter to you for a while. Could never be arsed wasting my time on you, but, well, then TODAY happened.

As a person, you’re despicable.

You come from a family of pure shit.  THE FACTS:

Your brother and your ‘cousin’ murdered Anthony Walker, the young black lad, just because he was black.  #RIP    

Your ‘cousins’ murdered an innocent Dad  #RIP

And you:

May 2005 you broke a guy’s leg while driving your car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.

March 2007 you got arrested for suspicion of assault on a taxi driver and criminal damage.

May 2008 you got 6 months  in prison for assault and affray outside McDonalds.

July 2008 you got a four months suspended sentence for assault and ABH on a Man City team mate, ending your Man City career.  You also got charged by the FA for violent conduct.

You & 'your family' are the kind of people that give Liverpool a bad name.

As a footballer, you’re despicable.

I'm not going to back track at all your other attention seeking sendings off, like the headbutt v Norwich which got you a straight red and QPR then lost 1-2 at home.

Its today that’s pissed me off.  

Your team were fighting to avoid relegation, and you act the cunt and get a red card.
    Then…. Your actions AFTER your red card? Just shouldn’t be seen on a football pitch. Your scum genetics took over and you kick out at Aguero who had nothing to do with your sending off.   Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a City fan. And I’d rather have them win the league than Utd, so in a way THANKS FOR THAT.

But now you’re mouthing off on twitter about “who gives a fuck” .. and how you did what you had to do. And who cares, you stayed up, that’s all that matters?   And that you are off to CELEBRATE??  Celebrate??? You should be sent home to sit on the fucking naughty step lad.

Your team survived by the skin of your yellow teeth today. A penalty at Stoke v Bolton is what saved you. And you are fucking lucky. Otherwise you and “your team” would be down, pretty much because of you. And no offence to any QPR fans reading, but I fucking wish you had gone down just to teach your smug rat tashed fucking face a lesson.

And then you start tweeting that a team mate told you to “take one of the city players with you”.  Bad disgrace that. You should be banned for life. No place for players like you.  The media are going to be all over that tweet, and all QPR players will get tarred with the cheating brush. Well done lad.  There’s no I in team is there? But there’s a fucking I in prick! 

And setting aside the fact that you did it. Now you’re grassing? You can’t live life grassing that someone else told you to do something?  Be your own man. 

Mind you, Rick Astley told you to get that hair cut you’ve got, didn’t he. 

Bottom line is, “Joseph”, underneath all your controversy and the BIG I AM act that you constantly hide behind, is the fact that you just aren’t that good.  ARE YOU? 

So you act up, stir controversy, mouth off, kick out, and play the big guns on twitter, to keep a name for yourself. Don’t you?

Lad,  you play for a team that just survived relegation by an ant’s penis, and you’ve got the same amount of England caps as that David Nugent .  ONE.      Fucking David Nugent.  Says it all.   Thing is though, Nugent was born in Huyton too. But, guess what, he isn’t a bad disgrace to Merseyside. Or humans in general, is he?

Assess your life, lad. Assess your life.   Because me and all the people that read and retweet this are telling you,  you are fucking bad at it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Benitez is better at his worst than Mancini is at his best!

Benitez won a CL with an average Liverpool team and two Spanish titles and a UEFA Cup with an average Valencia team, THAT'S why he's in the discussion with Mourinho and Guardiola.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

watching these football matches is like a tennis match and my heart is the ball.

almost got the credit card declined at the checkout, but in the end the purchase of the premiership title was completed.

spending on transfers-

Man City

Man United

manchester united never bought the league they have been an elite team for many many years and added to the squad slowly each year.

11 players take the field, no more and no less. United's starting 11 cost more than City's. United have been spending huge money for 20 years and their attempts to accuse others of buying titles are laughable. City simply did in 3 years what it took United a decade to do. City are set to dominate, even with a clown as a manager. Fergie should probably retire now. Would break his heart to see City win 2 or 3 or 4 in a row after his years of saying they'd never win the league while he was around.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

spending on transfers-

Man City

Man United

11 players take the field, no more and no less. United's starting 11 cost more than City's. United have been spending huge money for 20 years and their attempts to accuse others of buying titles are laughable. City simply did in 3 years what it took United a decade to do. City are set to dominate, even with a clown as a manager. Fergie should probably retire now. Would break his heart to see City win 2 or 3 or 4 in a row after his years of saying they'd never win the league while he was around.

11 players take the field at a time...how much did citys bench cost? whats the wage bill?
    anyways dont bother to answer because that isnt the point.

City have the wealthiest owners in the league (by far), and they have spent more in the last 4 seasons than any other team (by far). They were nowhere a few years ago.
    Yes they may have had bad managers, but if you keep splashing the cash like they are eventually you will end up with a squad of good players who can win the league.
    thats what is meant when people accuse them of buying the league.
    Chelsea is the other case, they were bought by the billionaires, and in 3 seasons (03/04-05/06) they bought 32 players, spending £325 million...and won the league.
    ..before that they were nowhere

United havent been spending as much as the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City in recent years. Whats the evidence to suggest they have?
    Furthermore united have been a top team consistantly since the early nineties.
    Im not old enough to remember the decade leading up to 1993 but i dont think we were spending the equivalent of £150 mill on new players per year.
    Since then we've had to sell our best players and still won the titles.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 pm

United have been spending big money since Fergie took over. Always amongst the biggest spenders. Less so in recent years because the Glazers are too busy bleeding money out of the club to put any back in.

11 players play the game Chesty, United's 11 cost more than City's.

Rio, Rooney, Veron etc. etc. United have been doing what they accuse others of doing for years.

And United spent more than Liverpool or Chelsea last summer.

Only English team that has won major honours without buying them are Arsenal.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

And some of his achievements since 2005? Any achievements within the last 8 years that would make him relevant or any way deserving of a job as manager of the premier league winners?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Football discussion - Page 12 55467410

So ironic!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Barton, is an utter tool. His antics at the weekend were almost as disgraceful as his pathetic attempts at justification on twitter, afterwards. The elbow was bad enough, but to then attack Aguero, who had fuck all to do with the sending off, should earn him a very lengthy ban from the EPL, and should (if Hughes is to maintain any dignity) see the end of his QPR career. He has previous as well, I will never forgive him, for his antics against Liverpool the season we got relegated, 2-0 down away from home, with 3 games remaining (I think) that we're all must win games, and he lunges at Alonso near the fucking corner flag, with only minutes to go. The man is an utter bell-end, and I can only hope, that we've seen the last of him in the EPL, although knowing how fucked up football is, I'm sure he'll be giving it big licks again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

And some of his achievements since 2005? Any achievements within the last 8 years that would make him relevant or any way deserving of a job as manager of the premier league winners?

FA Cup in 06, CL Final in 07, second in the league on a comparatively small budget in 09, working under impossible conditions in his final seasons at Liverpool. Fucked up at Inter but he was burnt out. Rafa's a far better manager than Mancini will ever be and his La Liga titles and UEFA Cup with Valencia, and CL with Liverpool rank him among the top managers in the world. And I'm saying this as someone that doesn't like Rafa and wanted him out of Liverpool.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 am

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Barton, is an utter tool. His antics at the weekend were almost as disgraceful as his pathetic attempts at justification on twitter, afterwards. The elbow was bad enough, but to then attack Aguero, who had fuck all to do with the sending off, should earn him a very lengthy ban from the EPL, and should (if Hughes is to maintain any dignity) see the end of his QPR career. He has previous as well, I will never forgive him, for his antics against Liverpool the season we got relegated, 2-0 down away from home, with 3 games remaining (I think) that we're all must win games, and he lunges at Alonso near the fucking corner flag, with only minutes to go. The man is an utter bell-end, and I can only hope, that we've seen the last of him in the EPL, although knowing how fucked up football is, I'm sure he'll be giving it big licks again.

Aye, agree with all of this.

He's a brave boy though, elbowing Tevez and trying to pick a fight with Kompany. Kompany would tear him apart, whilst Tevez would absolutely slaughter him. Tevez is one man I wouldn't pick a fight with. Javier Mascherano is the only player in the world I'd like to fight less than Tevez.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

FA Cup in 06, CL Final in 07, second in the league on a comparatively small budget in 09, working under impossible conditions in his final seasons at Liverpool. Fucked up at Inter but he was burnt out. Rafa's a far better manager than Mancini will ever be and his La Liga titles and UEFA Cup with Valencia, and CL with Liverpool rank him among the top managers in the world. And I'm saying this as someone that doesn't like Rafa and wanted him out of Liverpool.

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion dude, but what i'm saying is I just think Benitez was very overhyped and overated after the CL victory in 05, and the years that followed in his career more or less proved that.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Barton, is an utter tool. His antics at the weekend were almost as disgraceful as his pathetic attempts at justification on twitter, afterwards. The elbow was bad enough, but to then attack Aguero, who had fuck all to do with the sending off, should earn him a very lengthy ban from the EPL, and should (if Hughes is to maintain any dignity) see the end of his QPR career. He has previous as well, I will never forgive him, for his antics against Liverpool the season we got relegated, 2-0 down away from home, with 3 games remaining (I think) that we're all must win games, and he lunges at Alonso near the fucking corner flag, with only minutes to go. The man is an utter bell-end, and I can only hope, that we've seen the last of him in the EPL, although knowing how fucked up football is, I'm sure he'll be giving it big licks again.

He's a brave boy though, elbowing Tevez and trying to pick a fight with Kompany. Kompany would tear him apart, whilst Tevez would absolutely slaughter him. Tevez is one man I wouldn't pick a fight with. Javier Mascherano is the only player in the world I'd like to fight less than Tevez.

Yeah totally agree as well Pete. Aye definately wouldnt mess with Kompany for sure. Pique aswell is another fella you wouldnt touch.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 am

R.I.P Tommy Burns, 4 years today, true legend.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 15, 2012 3:13 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion dude, but what i'm saying is I just think Benitez was very overhyped and overated after the CL victory in 05, and the years that followed in his career more or less proved that.

Winning the CL with that Liverpool team makes him anything but over-rated, and his time at Liverpool with the exception of his last year proved nothing other than the fact that he was a great manager who could work with less resources than anyone else and do very well. Put Guardiola in charge of Liverpool's 05 team and he wouldn't have won a CL, neither would Mourinho. They wouldn't have got Liverpool's 07 team to a CL final either. The only black mark against his name at Liverpool aside from the last year where he had some sort of breakdown is that he didn't win the title. We were by far the best team in the country in 08/09 and injuries to Torres and Gerrard cost us the league.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue May 15, 2012 3:14 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Yeah totally agree as well Pete. Aye definately wouldnt mess with Kompany for sure. Pique aswell is another fella you wouldnt touch.

Pique's also going out with Shakira so you'd want to shake his hand and congratulate him.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Benitez is a very good manager, he knows how to play when up against it. I don't think Guardiola could have won the CL with Liverpool in 2005, Mourinhnio possibly because he did win with Porto in 2004. Rafa's biggest problems were rotation and transfer policy. He changed his team too often and it hurt Liverpool in the league. He made some excellent signings and some very poor ones as well, Vornin comes to mind. I think he's a better manager than Mancini but I think it would be foolish to sack him now, Man City don't want to become the next Real Madrid (or Chelsea Evil or Very Mad ) when it comes to managers. Utd deserve credit for taking it to the last minute with the squad they have, it really is a poor United team and the likes of Rooney, Scholes and SAF couldn't win the title on their own. If Vidic had been fit I think United would have won the league.

Barton is a disgrace, and his family are an embarrassment to humanity. One son is a racist murderer and the other is Joey "I'm better than Lampard and Gerrard" Barton, don't think Mrs Barton will be winning any awards for mother of year anytime soon. QPR should sack him for his behavior, getting sent off like that when your team is battling relegation? If Hughes has any future as a top manager, he'll sell him off now.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm

So Dalglish has been sacked I'm not surprised don't let the League Cup gloss over a terrible season by their very high standards. It also seems Martinez is the favorite along side the obligatory Rafa rumor for the job. I think Martinez is really overrated don't get me wrong he is a good manager personally I think he will be a big fish in a small pond type of a manager and probably overawed at a Big club It will probably end up like the Hodgson appointment.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 pm

A few 'questionable' decisions by Woy regarding England.

Firstly, Gerrard captain? There's no doubting he is the most qualified to lead, but I question whether his season actually warrants a selection, never mind the captaincy, and with that, an automatic starting line up place.

He's a proven performer for England though so that doesn't bother me too much. HOWEVER...

John Ruddy in?

Glen Johnson in over Micah Richards?

Stewart Downing in over Adam Johnson?

Theo Walcott in? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in?

Andy Carroll in over Daniel Sturridge?

Phil Jagielka not in, only in the backup squad?

Jordan Henderson in the backup squad?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

What makes you think Mascherano is so much of a bad ass? Hes a small guy and he's not exactly built like a brick shithouse.

A footballer you wouldn't want to fight? How about this animal

Football discussion - Page 12 Article-2106285-11E83605000005DC-111_468x286
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 16, 2012 9:43 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

What makes you think Mascherano is so much of a bad ass? Hes a small guy and he's not exactly built like a brick shithouse.

A footballer you wouldn't want to fight? How about this animal

Football discussion - Page 12 Article-2106285-11E83605000005DC-111_468x286

When the boogeyman goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Elokobi.

When George Elokobi faces east France surrenders immediately

George Elokobi doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures George Elokobi has allowed to live.

Theres alot of chuck norris jokes out there ,but none about George Elokobi....Cause George Elokobi is no joke.....

................Pity he is shit at football, nice bloke though. Very Happy

( ***Disclaimer***If you are reading this George I'm joking)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm

we'll take George on loan for another season.
    we'll have Adlene as well if you want Very Happy

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I said no about Adlene earlier in the thread take a hint will you, You can take George though. Razz

I'm hoping Stale will give him a chance this coming season and hope doesn't have a boner for Dave Edward's like the last 2 Yorkshire men who were in charge here don't me wrong I he's a decent player but seriously apart from making some good runs and have endless energy he doesn't offer much else.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm