THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Football discussion - Page 40 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 pm

i cant watch its too cringeworthy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:11 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:

cheers I'm really happy with this appointment.

Very good coach who I believe was the man who saved our season last year.
    His teams always play good football and he knows this division inside out.
    He is also obviously really well liked by his players,as I believe it was down to the Al Hasawi family listening to the players recommendation as to why he all of a sudden became the man for the job.

Now lets see who he can bring in over the next few weeks.

Adlene will be wearing his Forest shirt very soon now.

And now he's just been sacked. What's your thoughts on it Payne?

Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Sean O'Driscoll is a good coach, he's not a good manager. He's a decent manager and no more. Did a decent job with Doncaster but this is an appointment that displays a lack of ambition from the new owners. Can't see it being any more than a short term appointment so they can get to work on fixing that mess of a squad while having a warm body to train the players.

Think it's very poor form on his behalf to have walked away from Crawley in such fashion. Definitely raises major questions about his loyalty.

I do believe i was right about this.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:41 pm

yeah,you were pretty much spot on,though I think it was his coaching and tactics that ended up costing him his job.

He's a nice guy,and the sacking seems very harsh on the back of the Leeds result,but things just haven't been working and I'm not surprised at the decision to be honest.

I was trying to back him and was defending him as much as possible,saying,give him time,it's a new team,it takes time to gel,find the right set up and tactics etc etc,as alot of Forest fans have started to turn on him for a while now,but in the last month or so,the team started to go backwards,the displays were getting worse,not better and some of his final interviews,were,well just started making him sound like he was out of his depth,i mean he seemed he was in denial about some of our shocking performances and even claimed we were fantastic in the brighton game,where we had no shots on target and i think they ended up having something like 70 odd % of possession scratch .

He had donny playing nice football and with us last year,when he came in as cotterills assistant,the team started playing really nice stuff(which i gave him the credit for),even at the beginning of this season we did,but for some reason,those performances became few and far between and he started going all negative.

He struggled to find a set team,formation or balance to the team.We have an abundance of talented attacking options,yet he was making us play negative football,sometimes playing 2 defensive midfielders and 1 up front at home.
    He became more and more concerned with how the opposition was set up and what he could do to stop them,instead of putting faith into what our lads could do,and we played with a different team and formation every week.

Not once this season did we win back to back games.One game we would look good,then the very next game,he changed players,formations and tactics around and we looked like shit.

In December,up to the leeds game,Forest managed a total of 9 shots on target in 4 games,0 @ home against Hull,4 @ home against burnley,0 away @ Brighton and 5 away @ Watford.

That's not exceptable when you have attacking options like Sharp,Cox,Dex,Reid,Adlene,McGugan,Lansbury,Jenus,Majewski and Coppinger.

I wish him all the best and still do believe that when he finds the right fit,he'll be a success,but the Forest job was not it.

Shit,just as i'm typing this,I've read McLiesh has took the job,can't say i'm happy with that appointment Mad

Hope i'm wrong.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Nope.

You're right.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm

You interview Roy Keane and McLeish and you give the job to McLeish = You don't understand what club you are running.

There was a rumour this morning that Alan Curbishley had his agents contact Forest asking to be considered. He'd have been ideal IMO.

I'd have gone for Karl Robinson myself, just as I would have in the summer.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 am

McLeish would of been well down my list of candidates,I can't think of many unemployed good managers i wouldn't of taken before Mcleish.

I know your not a fan,but I'd of taken O'niel in a heartbeat(but just as Sunderland are struggling and there was a thin hope of getting him,results change).Di matteo was a choice I'd of liked,he cut his teeth successfully with the MK Dons in the lower leagues,got the baggies promoted to the prem,and won the champions league with Chelsea,any team in our current position would be lucky to get a guy that young with a resume like that.

I'd of taken Billy davies back,curbishly,Hughes,keane,Robinson,psycho,Coyle, or near enough any other unemployed manager before i'd of thought about Mcleish.

This appointment reminds me of the forgettable megson era,where we had to suffer,shit football,negative tactics and long balls.

I think this is a bad decision,but I'm praying that somehow i'm wrong.

He's taking over a club,that from an outside perspective( I think)and realistically,is in a really good position in the league,and it's one that already has a pretty deep squad of good championship players.We're a team ready to challenge,if he can get the current lot playing to their potential,we'll be challenging by the end of the season.

Also with the timing of the sacking,you have to believe McLeish is going to be to be able to get a few players in and be aloud to spend in Jan,so with a few good additions to a this squad,this could be a really good job for him.

I'm struggling with this one though,just can't see how after sacking SOD for his negative tactics,they go out and employ one of the most negative,boring fuckers,that has managed in the game for the last 10 years.

time will tell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

McLeish ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm sorry Payne I send my condolences to you I wouldn't wish that appointment on anyone enjoy the genius formation of 9-0-1 and some incredibly drab negative football for the next few months until the board see sense. Of all the managers out of a job he would have been near the bottom for me, I'll say one thing about that bloke he could sell ice to the eskimo's, He fools Villa and now Forrest in to hiring him fuck me that's impressive. Laughing

And while we are in the home of proper football (The Championship) It seems Mark Hughes is returning to Blackburn I hope he lays off the Football Manager 2009 game this time round though, This method didn't help him much at QPR here's hoping It ends in tears.

Excuse my bitterness by the way that's what happens when your team make George Boyd look like Diego Maradona on Boxing day. Sad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 am

Did you give Mad Mick a warm welcome back today Cowboy,looks like his former players did Twisted Evil

I think you should just forget about this season,and cash in by selling us Johnson and Eubank-Blakes.

I have a feeling we'll be raiding the West Midlands in Jan,so those two would go well with Dunne,Given Warnock and Burke in our squad Wink
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm

You can have Sylvan Helikes Cakes his really gone shit the game at Blackpool was the best games he has had for us since we beat Liverpool at Anfield a few years back.

You might be write about writing off our season although we are only 6 points off the Play offs (on the flipside 5 points off the bottom 3). From quite a few people I was talking to at both matches over Christmas It seems Stale has lost the dressing room. Many players are upset over tactics and his training methods (no tackling in training seems completely daft to me).

Personally although I'm not in to the whole hiring and firing mentality, I feel he has to go It's not working for him here you can not play a continental style of football in the Championship It's not going to work unless you have a lot of quality players and in this case we don't apart from Bakary Sako we have nothing in terms of top quality match winners.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 am

Cowboys From Hell wrote:You can have Sylvan Helikes Cakes his really gone shit the game at Blackpool was the best games he has had for us since we beat Liverpool at Anfield a few years back.

You might be write about writing off our season although we are only 6 points off the Play offs (on the flipside 5 points off the bottom 3). From quite a few people I was talking to at both matches over Christmas It seems Stale has lost the dressing room. Many players are upset over tactics and his training methods (no tackling in training seems completely daft to me).

Personally although I'm not in to the whole hiring and firing mentality, I feel he has to go It's not working for him here you can not play a continental style of football in the Championship It's not going to work unless you have a lot of quality players and in this case we don't apart from Bakary Sako we have nothing in terms of top quality match winners.

Swansea played a continental style of football in the Championship and got promoted doing so. It takes time to implement, Wolves will be a lot better next season IMO. They've got the right man in charge, he just needs to get his players in and shift McCarthy's hump-it merchants.

Most top clubs don't allow tackling in training, any player who's "upset" by that needs to be shown the door. If they're ambition is to be a hacker then send them elsewhere, Wolves have a manager who wants footballers in his team, when he gets them in there will be a marked improvement.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm

You are right Anfield about Swansea but Rodgers has a vast amount of experience in the English game as well as Martinez before him so although they played a passing style of football they had that English grit in the team as well.

Good win for Liverpool yesterday that should restore some confidence although I have to say I haven't seen a poorer team on TV all season than QPR the term mercenaries couldn't be more apt for a team. I really hope they go down I mean throwing obscene mounts money at average players is a recipe for disaster.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

I can't see any possible way they stay up mate. Harry's clueless and the squad's a mess. The only players who care about QPR are Hill, Derry and Mackie, they're all garbage.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Relief Stale's gone, He had to go the Football all season barring 1 or 2 games has been woeful and the lack of fitness has been startling considering how we were one of fitter teams in the PL not too long ago.

It now seems Dean Saunders looks like the man who is coming in a bit out of the left field wasn't what I was expecting but with him being at one point associated Liverpool and Morgan fondness of taking advice from ex Reds.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 pm

I was at Luton-Wolves yesterday and I had decided after 30 minutes that Stale had to go despite walking in thinking the exact opposite. Team wasn't playing for him, or for each other. Abysmal to watch.

Mansfield-Liverpool today, goal for Sturridge, "goal" for Suarez. Oldham away next, that'll do nicely.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Got to be honest I don't see why people and the media are moaning about the Suarez goal I don't really think he could do much as It literally just rebounded in to his hand. Sure he knew about but I don't think he could much about It, I mean it was nothing like the Quarters against Ghana a few years back was It. Fair play to Mansfield in the 2nd half they really gave It a go and I do feel they deserved at least a replay for their efforts.

Back to matters closer to me Dean Saunders is officially our next manager reading Wolves forums It seems some fans expected a better name because ' waym a big club and diserve betta' which is a ridiculous way of thinking considering where we are.

Personally I'm pretty happy with Saunders he's done an incredible job at Donny this season considering the resources and certainly seem like someone who give the players we have currently some motivation and more importantly a good kick up the arse.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm