THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 05, 2012 2:20 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Hilarious.

First of all, we are a MUCH bigger club than Chelsea and always will be. You're in midtable too in case you hadn't looked. 6th through 14th is mid-table. You're not a big club now. You're a mid-sized club with no history and few fans. Roman didn't buy you because you made the CL, he bought you for the location of your stadium which, at the time, was worth billions in redeveloped land. He bought you to move you. You're called "Chelsea" but aren't actually based in Chelsea which is nearly as funny as "Manchester" United.

Your qualification for the CL before Roman was akin to Everton qualifying for the CL.

Secondly, our midfield has NEVER consisted of Spearing, Adam and Shelvey. 3 squad players when everyone is fit. Shelvey's a very talented young player. As is Jordan Henderson. Comical to see anyone who supports a club that paid 14mil for John Obi Mikel a day after he moved for 4million. Alonso and Gerrard were never partners in our midfield. Alonso partnered Hamann, then Sissoko, then Mascherano. Gerrard played right wing or off the striker.

And to talk about comically overpaid players when you pay Ferreira 70k a week is just brilliant.

I'd suggest brushing up your Chelsea history before slagging off another club, but Chelsea don't have any history. Sunderland haven't won a title in nearly 80 years and they've still got two more than you. You have the same amount as Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle. Neither of whom have won a title in 80 years. Well done. Big club? Not likely.

We might not have a history but at least we have a future, something Liverpool doesn't. No hope of even getting into the Champions league, never mind challenging for the title any time soon. The only thing Liverpool fans live off is their history which is comical because the club has never even won the Premier League and they still try and compare themselves to Man Utd. Most delusional set of supporters out there, right now not even the biggest club in Merseyside. Laughing

Glen Johnson get's paid 6.5 million a year. Nuff said really, at least Feirrara was a good player and a good servant to the club.

Glen Johnson is England's first choice right back you daft cunt. Far better than Ferreira ever was. And those wages for Johnson are inaccurate. He's not on close to that. That's the maximum he could earn if he hit all incentives in his contract.

You're not going to be in the Champions League next year either you clown. We've won EVERYTHING more times than you. League titles, FA Cups, League Cups, European Cups, UEFA Cups. EVERYTHING. You've bought some league titles under Roman but no Chelsea team will every be considered a great team. Not like Liverpool of the 70's and 80's, United of the 90's, Arsenal's unbeaten team. Truly great teams built over time who earned their success. We're rebuilding now, that takes time. I know you don't understand that because Chelsea simply bought their success, but proper United fans will understand it. As will fans of other big clubs who've had sustained success, something Chelsea haven't EVER had and will never have. 9 years of Roman's money and you've only managed 3 league titles?? Dear oh dear. All that money spent and not even the most success English team of that period of time?? That must SUCK.

We're by far the biggest club in Merseyside, do you understand what a BIG club is?? Obviously not I suppose considering you support a small time club with no financial stability and a questionable future. What are you going to do when the FFP rules stop Roman from trying to buy success and players stop going to you because you can't afford big wages and big transfer fees because you have NO fanbase, NO global commercial appeal AND no Champions League. What are you going to do when Roman decides he's bored of you and demands his money back from the club? All 500mil that he's loaned the club. Because that's what he's done. He's loaned the money to the club, he hasn't invested it. Chelsea football club are broke with huge losses mounting every year that Roman covers for them. While he continues to lend them money, they'll stay relevant. When he stops, they'll probably cease to exist. Then all their fans can go back to supporting United, Fulham and Millwall

Chelsea are SUCH a big club with SUCH great fans that they can't even sell out their allocation for the FA Cup final. The second time they've failed to do so in recent years. Hilarious. Portsmouth, Stoke, Cardiff. These are clubs who successfully sold out their allocations. Never the actual big clubs that have been to the final since it moved back to Wembley, all of whom have sold their allocations in A DAY. Chelsea didn't sell out their allocation for the semi-final either. Small time club, no fans.

He's only first choice for retards, anyone else can clearly see he is behind Richards and Walker. One of the worst players to play for England in recent times, he's awful. Wasn't better than Feirrara when he was with us and he isn't now, nor will he ever be.

We still have a chance of being in the CL next year, count us out on your own peril. If we don't make it this year, we'll make it next year. You don't have a hope of making it anytime this decade.

You spent ridiculous amounts of money to win nothing and become a mid-table club. 35 million for Carrol, close to 20 Million for Downing and nearly the same for Henderson. Without Gerrard and Suarez you'd really be fighting relegation and even with them you have a weaker team than Everton, Newcastle and Tottenham despite spending all that money. You now have a mid-table squad with about 3 world-class players. Blackburn have won the premier league more times than you, and despite the fact that they are going down this season, that won't change any time soon. Your lucky your thuggish fans threatened the life of your captain otherwise he would have walked a long time ago otherwise that club would have fallen a long time ago. I'm going to love seeing what you are going to do when he finally calls it a day.

Fabio Capello is one of the best managers of all time and he picked Johnson every single time. Far better than Ferreira ever was.

You're not going to be in the CL next year, you're in midtable in the Prem and you're going to get battered in the CL final.

Hilarious claims about poorly spent money. No club has spent more money on mediocre players than the Chavs. We're not a weaker team than any of the three you've tried to mention. We've had terrible luck with injuries this season. Take Ramires out of the Chelsea team for most of the season, Mata out for over half of it, and Ashley Cole out for too prelonged spells and you'd struggle to make the top 10.

Gerrard was never threatened. Complete lies. Our fans are thuggish? Obvious you haven't the first clue what you're talking about. Your "fans" sent bullets and death threats to Anton Ferdinand because John Terry racially abused him. Not the first player they've done that to either.

Don't talk about our captain either, yours is the scum of the earth. And as for what we'll do after he retires(not happening any time soon), we'll be fine. You're fucked when Terry, Lampard and Drogba go.

Enjoy fading back in mediocrity. Small club, no fans.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 pm

If you were going today Chavski, you'd see plenty of these floating round. But you're not.

Football discussion - Page 11 53989210
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

How long until Anfield claims the ball was over the line Razz
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun May 06, 2012 12:10 am

And weren't Liverpool moving stadium too recently....?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 06, 2012 1:34 am

We're moving within Liverpool. We're named after a CITY not a small part of a City we've no connection to.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 am

Fair play to the Chavs. They were less shite than us for 55 minutes and took the only two chances they had. We battered them from the minute Carroll came on and deserved a draw in the 90 minutes. Nice for a small club to win something, will hopefully get RDM the job permanently so we can watch Terry, Lampard and if he stays Drogba run the club for a few more years.

We shot ourselves in the foot with such a poor first half. We had more of the possession but offered nothing going forward. Chelsea were defensive and counter attacked well. When we decided to play football we showed ourselves to be a better team than Chelsea and Carroll could have had a hat-trick.

As for the disputed goal, couldn't see whether it crossed the line from where I was and been told that TV replays are inconclusive although haven't seen them. If it was kept out it was a combination of a great save and a very poor miss. Given the scope of the game AND the fact that Chelsea/Spurs had a big controversy over a goal that didn't cross the line, I don't think the ref could have given it and the linesman was horribly out of position and offered no help to the ref. At least maybe now Chelsea fans will stop crying about Garcia's goal in 05.

Chelsea can forget any thoughts of beating Bayern though, that was their best available team and without Ramires, Terry, Meireles and Ivanovic(who was outstanding today, easily MOTM) they're going to get slaughtered because Bayern are far better than we are, far better than any English team are in fairness. Suarez, Agger and Skrtel are the only 3 of our team that would get in the Bayern team(a fully fit Gerrard would too but that's a rarity). Bayern will stuff them.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Football discussion - Page 11 57665210

Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 am

Interesting that Torres left the field before while his team-mates carried on celebrating and went to the Liverpool dressing room to talk to his friends. Can't see him staying at the toxic club beyond the summer.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 pm

We've just appointed Stale Solbakken totally out of the left field really surprised I'm stunned by it to be honest and our first foreign manager too. Seems a hell of a gamble his record before the move to Koln looks exceptional in Norway and Denmark looking at Koln there seems to be a lot of problems on the field and off maybe he was the wrong man at the wrong time.

Who knows hey a real head scratcher,I never expected Morgan & Moxey to look abroad I'm on the fence with this one could be a revelation or an abomination of an appointment.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 pm

You've just appointed one of the most promising young managers in Europe mate. I'd be delighted if I was you.

Thinks didn't work out at Koln because his methods take a bit of time to take effect and some of the players weren't open to change. He's quite unorthodox, a bit like Bielsa at Bilbao.

A lot depends on whether or not you can hang on to Fletcher, Doyle, O'Hara and Jarvis. Keep them and you're straight back up, lose them and it'll be hard to replace them.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Yeah I agree I should be delighted but I think It's probably the urprise of It all I just hope he isn't damaged goods after the fiasco at Koln but there again managers have bounced back after disappointment young and old such as Rogers & Hodgson.

You know what the players you mentioned I would be disappointed If they left but I don't think It be the end of the world the players I want us to keep are Kightly & Jarvis and If we can keep Kightly fit I feel he is a very important player in our Championship winning season he was unplayable with double figures in assists & goals.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Just let us keep Guedioura please
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm

How about No you can keep Big George If you want. Smile

A lot Forest fans rave about Adlene was he that good for Forest I've always liked him strong, powerful, technically gifted and has a rocket of a shot on him but he lack consistency for us whether It be because of form or injuries.

I actually could see him be a starter for us next season in the NPC I think possibly It was too big of a jump for him when signed from the Belgium League to Premier League probably need a spell in the lower leagues to get the best of him......thanks for that !. Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

We'd take Big George,since we have zero left backs,he didn't do to bad job for us,but I'd prefer to have Cunningham back as our starting LB.(both on loan again,as that's all we can afford)

Adlene was a breath of fresh air wearing the Garibaldi,he was consistently one of the best players on the pitch from both teams.
    He was a work horse,constantly tracking back,can see a good pass,strong on the ball and has a hell of a shot on him.

Forest and Adlene just seemed to work for the lad,he even stated in an interview that he didn't want to look back and would love to stay with us,as he's really enjoyed his football playing for us.

Problem is,we are skint,our small,mostly out of contract squad is going to be dismantled,we have no owner and a really shitty,uncertain future,so unless someone comes to our rescue,then I don't think we could afford him anyway(unless some daft bastards,take Derbyshire,Mcgoaldrought,Miller and Greening off our wage bill for us)
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Congratualtions to Man City, without a doubt the best end to the premier league ive ever seen. Unbelieveable scenes Smile
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Has to go down as one of the best EPL seasons ever. Righ to the wire. Congrats to Man City and commiserations to Bolton, was hoping they'd stay up at QPRs expense.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Best team won the league. Delighted for City.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun May 13, 2012 7:15 pm

dont know why i even watch, its too stressful for me.

watching these football matches is like a tennis match and my heart is the ball.

almost got the credit card declined at the checkout, but in the end the purchase of the premiership title was completed.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun May 13, 2012 7:46 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:dont know why i even watch, its too stressful for me.

watching these football matches is like a tennis match and my heart is the ball.

almost got the credit card declined at the checkout, but in the end the purchase of the premiership title was completed.

They played the best football, and without doubt, had the better players. I honestly think, that had there been a decent manager in charge, they would have won it by April. Curious now, to see whether they persist with Mancini.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:

They played the best football, and without doubt, had the better players. I honestly think, that had there been a decent manager in charge, they would have won it by April. Curious now, to see whether they persist with Mancini.

What an insult it will be if they get rid of him. I personally think he's a great manager, and the board seem to have confidence. I will lose all respect for City if they do get rid.

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun May 13, 2012 7:52 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

What an insult it will be if they get rid of him. I personally think he's a great manager, and the board seem to have confidence. I will lose all respect for City if they do get rid.

Really? I think that, considering the talent at his disposal. He's been a far from brilliant manager. I suppose it's what make Football fun though, the difference of opinions. IMO, he's been way too negative at times, and even today, everything him and his team done, reflected panic.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun May 13, 2012 8:55 pm

I agree a little bit Pete I'm wondering the same thing will they persist with Mancini especially with Jose looking for a possible PL return. Terrific season and the best team did win the League I do feel United kind of threw It away especially losing to Wigun and the 4-4 with Everton. Gutted QPR stayed up I really do dislike like that club from players like Barton to the arrogance of Mark Hughes The club just stinks.

From a personal perspective I'm glad the seasons over never imagined It would end like this after getting 7 points out of our first 3 games and then get 18 points out of 35 games never seemed likely just unbelievable. Hope we can keep our best players but I do expect us to flog a few I certainly expect Fletcher to be gone probably to a Top 7 club.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Funny statement that, given how United's first 11 cost more than City's.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Agree on this fully. He'd a mediocre manager and he nearly cost them the title. I think Benitez would be perfect for them to be honest.

They're the best team, with the best squad and they play the best football. They should have had the title wrapped up weeks ago and would have if they had a better manager.

He's safe for next season though, but I'd imagine after 90 minutes knives were being sharpened and phone numbers for Guardiola, Benitez and Mourinho were being sought.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun May 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Agree on this fully. He'd a mediocre manager and he nearly cost them the title. I think Benitez would be perfect for them to be honest.

They're the best team, with the best squad and they play the best football. They should have had the title wrapped up weeks ago and would have if they had a better manager.

He's safe for next season though, but I'd imagine after 90 minutes knives were being sharpened and phone numbers for Guardiola, Benitez and Mourinho were being sought.

I wouldn't disagree with Benitez like. I suppose the easiest comparison, would be to look at the work someone like Martinez has done, with the calibre of players he has, then compare it to the job that Mancini has done...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:43 am