THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
kavik2
Mryzyz
Ginginho
payneNglory1
poz
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
efils_god
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
ChelseaQuinsfan
19 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Chelsea Meltdown is the best account on twitter. Brilliant. Every day is just brilliant.

Today's wizardry on Chelsea forums contains some fucking classics

"I don't want Iniesta, he's too old and we're building for the future. He'd be good as back up. We have McEachran, he's the next Iniesta."

"We're entering the golden era. Enjoy it. You're never going to see a better footballing side than this Chelsea one ever."

"Sympathy for Cardiff City fans: robbed of history by foreign fast buck men. Football without history & legitimacy is nothing but a circus."

"Cech apparently had a stomach bug today, no surprise he's playing like this. Still the 2nd best keeper in the world behind Casillas."

"I like the look of Dzagoev for our reserves. He's not good enough for our first team though."

and finally, the best one of all. Posted today, showing the awareness of Chelsea fans everywhere

"Lampard will be the star player at Euro 2012."

I'm feeling generous so here's a few more. All from the last two weeks or so. And these are just some of the ones he tweets, Imagine how many others are out there.

"A big factor in Hazard joining us was surely the chance to play week in week out at the most atmospheric stadium in Europe."

"I might have only started supporting Chelsea in 2004, but I've watched endless DVDs on our history, feels like it's been a lifetime."

"Our kit is lush. Our players are good looking. Our manager (Guardiola) when he arrives, is good looking. We really are an 'attractive' club."

"Can you change kit colours? I'd love it if we could have the same colours as Barca, would make sense now we're the Barca of England."

"There will be a petition next summer to get us banned from football after we embarrass every team we face. We have the best team EVER."

"Can an owner be knighted? Roman deserves it!!! We need to do a quadruple! Di Matteo, Roman, Terry and Lampard! 4 legends of Chelsea!!"

"Real Madrid spend loads of money but no one complains. Like us, they had no history before they got money."

"NEVER call us the English Barcelona! We're the Champions of Europe. They should call themselves the Spanish Chelsea."

"If we win 4 trophies for the next few years, which I think we will under Di Matteo then we will have more history than them bitter scousers."

"If my sources are correct. Hulk, Falcao, Thiago Alcantara, Lucas Moura and Neymar (Pre-Contract) will be our next signings!"

"Can see Citeh trying to offer him double the wages we're offering. What happened to FFP? Not every club can have a Sheikh, it's not fair!"

"Looks like Hazard turned down the money of Man City. At least we know he's in it for the football unlike most players."

"I only started going to games in 2004. I didn't see the point pre-Abramovich era. Too expensive to go and watch us lose. Roman saved us."

"Do you think Mata would give up the number 10 shirt if/when Messi comes with Pep next summer?"

"Look at our team on Wikipedia, how cool does it look? So many foreign players and the flags look ace."

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. Guardiola is not good enough for us. Get Di Matteo signed to a 5 year contract right now."

"Anton Ferdinand accused Terry of racism through jealousy. That's the simple truth. The Ferdinand brothers are jealous of John."

"I don't understand why people are still doubting us, we are the Champions of Europe. Not many English teams have won it."

"Lucas Piazon is the next Kaka. Again, producing talent through our great youth set up."

"We haven't even spent that much these past few years. We've promoted youth like Bertrand, Sturridge, Lukaku. Barca/Chelsea are very similar."

"Real clubs wave flags. Barca and Madrid do it. Holding scarves is the past. Flags look classy."

"Stamford Bridge is the most historical ground in Europe."

"We now have more history than Arsenal, Spurs and Man City combined."

"We don't have to convince Guardiola to join us, he has to convince us he is 1) ready to manage a club as big as us and 2) is good enough."

"Name me one club that could beat us under Di Matteo? When we want to play, we play and we win. No questions asked."

"Arsenal go on about the season they went unbeaten, but back then, the Premier League was easy."

"Justin Bieber, Drake, Rihanna all support Chelsea. Our name is growing worldwide thanks to Di Matteo. We owe him a lot."

"Liverpool might have 5 European Cups, but they won 4 of them when it was easy. Basically it's 1-1, they won one in 2005, us in 2012."

"I'm buzzing for next season, possible line up? Cech; Alves, Terry, Luiz, Cole; Mascherano, Thiago, Ramires; Lucas Moura, Neymar, Hulk."

"John Terry is the nicest person you will ever meet. He is misunderstood. It could be jealousy? He's the best CB around."

"We are known worldwide for our passion, atmosphere, support, pride and great football. We are Chelsea FC, dominating the world."

"I grew up an Arsenal fan, but when I was 11 I started supporting Chelsea, I just fell in love with the passion of the club/fans."

"Our academy is possibly the best in the world, I think only Barca can rival it. We made Lucas Piazon. He's going to be a star."

"When we won the Champions League, i sat and watched our Twitter account shoot up from 920,000 followers to over 1,000,000."

"We would still be a force without money. Our team spirit cannot be matched."

"Ryan Bertrand has the potential to be better than Roberto Carlos."

"If Daniel Sturridge was Argentine, people would call him the next Messi."

"Our official Twitter account has over 1,000,000 followers. Liverpool have 950,000 followers. That proves we're a bigger club."

"We wouldn't have won the Champions League without Torres's goal against Barca. Chelsea legend."

"Marko Marin is the German Messi. He only 18/19 I think? Huge potential."

"People say players come to Chelsea for the money, well not anymore. We're on the same level as Barcelona and Real Madrid now. A new era."

"Hey guys, new to the forum, just started supporting Chelsea last week! Unbelievable night in Munich eh?!"

You must be really proud Chavski, your fellow fans are an intelligent bunch. All well informed, just like you. In fact, I think a few of those might actually have been you.

Website looks very fake, probably made up by some bitter Loserpool fan, it's something they would do.

A Liverpool fan shouldn't insult the intelligence of anybody. What I find amusing is Liverpool fans still think their club is on the level of Manchester United and Chelsea when both clubs overtook Liverpool a long time ago. Maybe not in terms of history but in the Premier club both clubs have achieved far more than Liverpool. Focus on Everton for now before they too surpass your club.

You are a retard. You're a small club, miles away from United and Liverpool. And given the shit you post on here, it's pretty clear that all those posts are real and from Chelsea forums. It's actually run by a Chelsea fan if you must know. A proper Chelsea fan fed up with glory hunting clueless little bellend like you.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:32 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:You are funny.

Ideal replacement for Lamps?? He plays a completely different position and is nothing like Fat Frank. As for him being keen to join your small club that was just a daft rumour started by one of your daft fans.

And in case you haven't noticed, fat frank has already been replaced at Chavski.

I meant a replacement as in terms of goals from Midfield. He has made his intentions clear that he wants to join the club, I understand your frustration though. No big players wants to join the has-been club that was Liverpool.

He's not a midfielder and he hasn't made any intentions of the sort clear.

No big players? Hilarious.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Alot will depend on the Germany-Portugal result tonight but Holland are screwed as i think Denmark will get a result against Portugal. Denmark to go through from the group of death!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 am

Denmark were brilliant defensively today. Agger was incredible, Kjaer was great too.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:51 pm

More gems from the Chelsea fans:

"Sergi Roberto the Barca midfielder is signing for us. They're a jumping ship and joining the new force of Europe. Barca a sinking ship."

I would bet none of them know who Sergi Roberto is.

and of course, another whopper has been let on a computer by his mammy

"If Hazard was Argentine, people would admit he's better than Messi, it's just because he's Belgian that people say he's not."

Eden Hazard is better than Messi folks, Chelsea fans told you first. Wonder how upset they'll be when they realize how over-rated he is.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Wow Spain have gone with 6 midfielders, Alonso, Silva, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas. Now that is definetly worth watching and seeing what happens. Busquets is probably there to milk challenges and get so fiery Italians sent off. Cant see the point of him otherwise.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Yep Anfield Kjaer was immense last night.

Meanie you are spot on but Busquets is always first choice. It's Fabregas that is the surprise selection.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Kjaer was a different class for Denmark yesterday, very impressive performance. Krohn-Deli was brilliant as well. Erikson was good but we didn't get to see him play his usual game which was unsurprising.

Spain look like the need a striker. Creating chances but no one really there to put them away. Torres or Llorente to come on in the second half.

Busquets is a cheat but a great player. Best one touch passer in world football and he was arguably Barca's best midfielder last season.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

COYBIG Cool cheers
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Glad Italy are winning they have been far the better team so far Del Bosque has dropped a right clanger not starting with a striker......Oh fucking hell 1-1 ! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Italy weren't the better team at all. They played well, but Spain deserved to win. If Chelsea didn't ruin world class strikers, Spain would have won last yesterday.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Yep Anfield Kjaer was immense last night.

Meanie you are spot on but Busquets is always first choice. It's Fabregas that is the surprise selection.

Aye, it's the Agger effect. Happens with Skrtel too. Kjaer and Skrtel are both brilliant when partnered with Agger but nowhere near as good without him. I'd quite like Kjaer at Liverpool to be honest, good addition to the what's already the best group of CBs in the league. If Skrtel goes, good replacement for him.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Oxlade Chamberlain starting ahead of Stewart Downing, brave choice by Woy.

Think we can nick a result tonight, 1-0 I hope but I won't be surprised if it's 0-0
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Oxlade Chamberlain starting ahead of Stewart Downing, brave choice by Woy.

Think we can nick a result tonight, 1-0 I hope but I won't be surprised if it's 0-0

Im happy Roy is prepared to do whatever it takes to leave Downing out.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Well dropping Downing is a positive step, For me he shouldn't even be in the 23 especially when players like Jarvis, Dyer & Sinclair have had far better seasons in 11-12 and have been more effective i.e goals, assists & so on. Very Happy
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm

None of Jarvis, Sinclair or Dyer are left footed, left wingers. Thus none were likely to be picked over Downing who deserves his place based on his England form over the last year.

Ox is a good pick. Milner's a clever pick. He destroyed Evra in the 6-1.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Left footed or not it makes no difference the 3 I mentioned offered way more last season than Downing from left and Right reputation or not Downing shouldn't be in the 23.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Downing deserves it based on his England form, simple as.

And of course being left footed makes a difference. If you want an out and out left winger, you need a left footer. Thus it has to be Downing.

Gerrard by far England's best player tonight, he was immense. Carried Parker for large parts of the game. Cole, surprisingly, was the weak link in the defence. French exposed him time and again tonight. Johnson played well, the CBs played well although with Benzema dropping off they had no1 to mark. Milner was poor, Young started well but was poor after the England goal, Welbeck ran a lot but was poor. Ox-Chamberlain had a couple of great moments but didn't get enough of the ball.

Walcott-Young-OxCham need to start behind Welbeck until Rooney gets back from suspension.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Gerrard was in Diarra's back pocket for most of the match. Did his defensive work well though although he didn't block Nasri's shot quick enough. Great delivery for the goal. Parker played with passion with a couple of excellent blocks as usual but that midfield is seriously lacking in creativity. Gerrard desperately needs Rooney in the side because Young is not a number 10 and never was. He was poor when he played that role for Villa and apart from one decent pass he did nothing today. I would rather have Chamberlein in the middle because he is more creative and a better passer. He showed some nice touches, England needed to get him in the game more. Most of the creativity lies with Gerrard and he can't do it by himself.

Cole was solid as ever, nothing went past his side. Nasri had to move across to get away from him. Made some good blocks as well. Johnson played better but was still a liability. Time and time again he is caught out of position and there was so much space on his side. I understand he likes to get forward but when he loses the ball he walks back. In contrast you see Cole sprinting back. Poor in attack, can he not put a cross in without over hitting it? Milner was pretty poor as well, he works very hard and has a decent cross but he just offers nothing special. Ofcourse no one else can play with Johnson at Right Back otherwise we will get exposed.

Welbeck worked hard but did nothing special. Solid performance from England, the CB partnership looked good but the attack is lacking. France were the opposite, they looked promising in attack but they aren't the best defensively. I'd like to see Walcott from the start next game.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Well dropping Downing is a positive step, For me he shouldn't even be in the 23 especially when players like Jarvis, Dyer & Sinclair have had far better seasons in 11-12 and have been more effective i.e goals, assists & so on. Very Happy

All 3 of them and more should have been in the squad. Lennon as well. Downing was awful this season and has never been anything special for England. He wouldn't get near any other top international side.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Downing is shit.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Football discussion - Page 26 181874_303677019723786_333442622_n
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm

All over twitter that Liverpool have bid 8 Million for Caulker from Spurs, although teh Mouse from talksport also reporting it so probably not happening!!

Lots of rumours that Redknapp will be gone from Spurs this week but might just be mischief making, but firmly believe the board will be pissed with some of his comments over the last week and his Dana White style turnaround.

Asked In April if the England speculation is effecting the teams form " the players dont care who the manager is, if I am gone tomorrow and a new manager is in they couldnt care less, in the world of football its the king is dead, long live the king"

Asked last week about the fact he has 12 months left on his contract "if the club think I am good they need to extend my contract now, if there is any uncertainty on who the manager is next year then big players will leave, and we will miss out on signings"

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 pm

It's bolox mate. No bid for Caulker.

On a more positive note, Chelsea fans are still retards:

"Hearing from a reliable source down the pub that Ronaldo was in London today for a medical along with Thiago Silva and Cavani!"
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:32 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:Well dropping Downing is a positive step, For me he shouldn't even be in the 23 especially when players like Jarvis, Dyer & Sinclair have had far better seasons in 11-12 and have been more effective i.e goals, assists & so on. Very Happy

All 3 of them and more should have been in the squad. Lennon as well. Downing was awful this season and has never been anything special for England. He wouldn't get near any other top international side.

4 assists in his last 5 England appearances as well as two MOTM awards. He's preformed well for England. Your stupidity and lies are engless.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 pm