THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
gre660wl
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
Cowboys From Hell
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
Chimezero
Mannpagejackson
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
rudeboyben84
19 posters

Poll: Who beats Bones?

Poll

Who beats Bones?

[ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap54%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 Empty Re: Poll: Who beats Bones?

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Bones to continue to destroy everyone at 205lbs !!!! Cool
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm not winning,so all of you above me are somehow cheating IMO Razz

Come on lads,it's done and dusted,people have voiced their views on it,(some more drunkenly than others Smile )they've been heard and acknowledged,so I think everyone is now on the same page about keeping this game,being played in the right spirits.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:42 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:I'm not winning,so all of you above me are somehow cheating IMO Razz

Come on lads,it's done and dusted,people have voiced their views on it,(some more drunkenly than others Smile )they've been heard and acknowledged,so I think everyone is now on the same page about keeping this game,being played in the right spirits.

My sentiments exactly, I don't know why the issue was brought back up.

I'm going to enjoy reading this discussion when Anfield returns and has his say Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Mannpagejackson wrote:"Sorry I must have missed where anyone was talking to you. Off you fuck like a good lad."

Think its time we all agree to disagree on this one, befor anfield has another period and cries at someone else. Ha.

The axe is right, you do have bias towards some fighters, and i for one love that you do. I do, and Is that not the reason why we are all on here. We love fighters and fighting, we all know that jump off the sofa feeling when your fighter you like wins or when a guy youve been calling class for ages makes the grade and pulls off a quality win. This is why we fight with venomous passion over jds and cain. And jonny bones v other light heavies.

We all Have our opinions but telling people to fuck off aint the armbar way, that shit is out of order, everyone has there own valid opinion arguing fine, fucking people off makes you a mindless ass. Cut that shit out, were all fight bretherin and whilst were on the issue, nobody on here cheats either, i usually post my predictions first, 2brutal is a computer retard, im being serious this guy didnt have an avatar pic for 2months cos he couldnt work out how to do it. But the guy knows more about mma than anyone you cud think of, he copies the list and then puts in his own results, hence why he does better than those he supposedly copies from in the league and cups.

As for the superman issue, it wasnt an issue, he posted late, but dint know the results, we were on a night shift together, he posted during the card cos he forgot to post earlier, if there are any tips on the fights in the movie the other guys, then yes he cheated but seen as how that film is a barrell of awesomeness and contains no mma at all, i think he's ok, Simples. Lets end all this hostility here.

Ps cain is gunna smash jds. cheers

Who the fuck are you to tell me what the "armbar way" is?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:
    Bones to continue to destroy everyone at 205lbs !!!! Cool

Are all the other fighters at 205 injured or years past their best? If so, then yes he will.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    payneNglory1 wrote:I'm not winning,so all of you above me are somehow cheating IMO Razz

I'm going to enjoy reading this discussion when Anfield returns and has his say Laughing

My say on what? You lot crying because Superman beat you in the predictions league?

Last edited by Anfields5thKing on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:How predictable Anfield. You're an incredibly bitter individual for some reason...

We all have our favourites bu most of us can actually admit that they have faults and may not be the best, you can't. Also there's literally no need to react like you do 95% of the time, seriously, you just ruin the discussions when you start naming calling, very childish. Grow up or at the very least mate lighten up, please

You weren't involved in the discussion, you just decided to stick your nose in. If you don't want a response from me don't fucking comment.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:

My say on what? You crying because Superman beat you in the predictions league?

First of it that was Payne, second of all I was referring to your response to Mannpage as I knew you would respond with something along the lines of what you said.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 pm

What was Payne?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

In Anfield's words, the one "crying" about superman punch winning the league, however we have all known it as "the drunken rant" haha
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 pm

I wasn't crying....I had something in my fucking eye,alright
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Haha it was probably some beer Laughing ... I like drunk Payne, he needs to make a return on the chat box for UFC 136.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:18 pm

drunk payne was funny at 135 bring him back

this weekends card is the most stacked this year for me caint wait
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    gre660wl wrote:i reckon chael sonnen would beat him if he moved up to lhw, he would walk through his flashy punches lay him on his back and give him a anderson silva style beatdown for 5 rounds

Or Jones would stuff his take downs, get a hold of him, throw him around like a sack of potatoes and destroy him Matt Hammil style minus the illegal elbows. Jones is a terrible matchup for Sonnen IMO. He's too big and strong for him.

Jones is actually an ideal match up for Sonnen. He's not stopping those takedowns and Sonnen won't stand still the way EVERY one of Jones's opponents has. He's been spoon fed a bunch of slow unathletic plodders, over-rated UFC hype machine products, and a couple of hasbeens.

I disagree, Sonnen hasn't fought well at LHW. His takedowns were stuffed by the likes of Griffin and Babalu and Jones is much stronger than both of them. No one has been able to take Jones down, and that list of people consists of some impressive wrestlers. Bader, the Janitor, Hammil didn't get close to getting him down. Now you might say Sonnen is a better wrestler than all those fighters, which is true but he's also not as big and strong as them. I reckon Sonnen would have a lot of problems with Jones, especially with his poor submission defense.

He hasn't fought at LHW in YEARS.

None of those wrestlers are even close to Sonnen and he's a lot stronger than he was when he was originally fighting at 205. He's also much quicker and a far better boxer than any of those three. Sonnen's boxing sets up his takedowns and he could get inside on Jones and from there a takedown is a foregone conclusion.

Jones hasn't fought anyone of Sonnen's calibre yet. And don't say Shogun, because he didn't fight Shogun, he fought 10-20% of Shogun.

That may be but is he stronger than Bader, Hammil and the Janitor? I don't think so. He is quicker and has better stand up, I agree but don't forget Jones will have a huge reach advantage. No matter how quick he is, shooting out from a distance will make his takedowns telegraphed and it's possible Jones can counter with a big knee or grab his neck and choke him with a guillotine. Sonnen has a habit of leaving his neck exposed when going for take downs.

Also I agree about the Shogun fight and I stated that right after the fight.

However size differences do matter. If you take Machida and then say Velasquez, both are top fighters but most people would only pick one winner and a big factor in that is size. Same applies to Sonnen and Shogun.

Are you really comparing a 240 natural HW and a 215 LHW to a 220 LHW and a 210 MW?? Completely different situation. Sonnen is as strong as most 205ers.

Sonnen won't be shooting from a distance, he'd be shooting from a contact position. Not sure where you arrive at the conclusion that he leaves his neck exposed when shooting for takedowns either.

I'm compering a 240 natural HW and a 215 LHW to a 225 6'4 LHW with the longest reach in MMA history to a 200 6'1 natural MW with average reach. Not to mention the physical differences.

He might have a hard time closing the distance against Bones so he'll be forced to shoot from far. I have arrived at that conclusion due to the fact he was caught in tight guillotines against Miller, Maurdquart and I believe Okami after going for takedowns. He was also subbed by Horn with a guillotine.
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Mannpagejackson wrote:"Sorry I must have missed where anyone was talking to you. Off you fuck like a good lad."

Think its time we all agree to disagree on this one, befor anfield has another period and cries at someone else. Ha.

The axe is right, you do have bias towards some fighters, and i for one love that you do. I do, and Is that not the reason why we are all on here. We love fighters and fighting, we all know that jump off the sofa feeling when your fighter you like wins or when a guy youve been calling class for ages makes the grade and pulls off a quality win. This is why we fight with venomous passion over jds and cain. And jonny bones v other light heavies.

We all Have our opinions but telling people to fuck off aint the armbar way, that shit is out of order, everyone has there own valid opinion arguing fine, fucking people off makes you a mindless ass. Cut that shit out, were all fight bretherin and whilst were on the issue, nobody on here cheats either, i usually post my predictions first, 2brutal is a computer retard, im being serious this guy didnt have an avatar pic for 2months cos he couldnt work out how to do it. But the guy knows more about mma than anyone you cud think of, he copies the list and then puts in his own results, hence why he does better than those he supposedly copies from in the league and cups.

As for the superman issue, it wasnt an issue, he posted late, but dint know the results, we were on a night shift together, he posted during the card cos he forgot to post earlier, if there are any tips on the fights in the movie the other guys, then yes he cheated but seen as how that film is a barrell of awesomeness and contains no mma at all, i think he's ok, Simples. Lets end all this hostility here.

Im the guy who thinks your a tool for having a go at someone who was voicing their opinion on a forum that is open to all. Telling someone to fuck off cos you dont like there opinion and cant think of anything better to say is embarrasing and disrespectful.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:34 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    gre660wl wrote:i reckon chael sonnen would beat him if he moved up to lhw, he would walk through his flashy punches lay him on his back and give him a anderson silva style beatdown for 5 rounds

Or Jones would stuff his take downs, get a hold of him, throw him around like a sack of potatoes and destroy him Matt Hammil style minus the illegal elbows. Jones is a terrible matchup for Sonnen IMO. He's too big and strong for him.

Jones is actually an ideal match up for Sonnen. He's not stopping those takedowns and Sonnen won't stand still the way EVERY one of Jones's opponents has. He's been spoon fed a bunch of slow unathletic plodders, over-rated UFC hype machine products, and a couple of hasbeens.

I disagree, Sonnen hasn't fought well at LHW. His takedowns were stuffed by the likes of Griffin and Babalu and Jones is much stronger than both of them. No one has been able to take Jones down, and that list of people consists of some impressive wrestlers. Bader, the Janitor, Hammil didn't get close to getting him down. Now you might say Sonnen is a better wrestler than all those fighters, which is true but he's also not as big and strong as them. I reckon Sonnen would have a lot of problems with Jones, especially with his poor submission defense.

None of those wrestlers are even close to Sonnen and he's a lot stronger than he was when he was originally fighting at 205. He's also much quicker and a far better boxer than any of those three. Sonnen's boxing sets up his takedowns and he could get inside on Jones and from there a takedown is a foregone conclusion.

Jones hasn't fought anyone of Sonnen's calibre yet. And don't say Shogun, because he didn't fight Shogun, he fought 10-20% of Shogun.

That may be but is he stronger than Bader, Hammil and the Janitor? I don't think so. He is quicker and has better stand up, I agree but don't forget Jones will have a huge reach advantage. No matter how quick he is, shooting out from a distance will make his takedowns telegraphed and it's possible Jones can counter with a big knee or grab his neck and choke him with a guillotine. Sonnen has a habit of leaving his neck exposed when going for take downs.

However size differences do matter. If you take Machida and then say Velasquez, both are top fighters but most people would only pick one winner and a big factor in that is size. Same applies to Sonnen and Shogun.

Are you really comparing a 240 natural HW and a 215 LHW to a 220 LHW and a 210 MW?? Completely different situation. Sonnen is as strong as most 205ers.

Sonnen won't be shooting from a distance, he'd be shooting from a contact position. Not sure where you arrive at the conclusion that he leaves his neck exposed when shooting for takedowns either.

I'm compering a 240 natural HW and a 215 LHW to a 225 6'4 LHW with the longest reach in MMA history to a 200 6'1 natural MW with average reach. Not to mention the physical differences.

He might have a hard time closing the distance against Bones so he'll be forced to shoot from far. I have arrived at that conclusion due to the fact he was caught in tight guillotines against Miller, Maurdquart and I believe Okami after going for takedowns. He was also subbed by Horn with a guillotine.

Sonnen walks around at 210 minimum. He's a huge MW.

Why would he have a hard time closing the distance on Jones. He's got no power and telegraphs everything. If he could close the distance on Anderson, it'll be easy to close on Jones.

Those were not tight guillotines, he was never in danger.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:38 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Im the guy who thinks your a tool for having a go at someone who was voicing their opinion on a forum that is open to all. Telling someone to fuck off cos you dont like there opinion and cant think of anything better to say is embarrasing and disrespectful.

Oh your that guy? Yeah I figured as much. I thought you were a gimp.............oh wait you are a gimp. Now, off your fuck as well gimpy.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 am

payneNglory1 wrote:I wasn't crying....I had something in my fucking eye,alright

Hadn't Forest lost that day? I'm fairly certain you were crying!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 am

Sheldan wrote:In Anfield's words, the one "crying" about superman punch winning the league, however we have all known it as "the drunken rant" haha

He may have had the rant but you were then one whining all night in the chatbox.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:In Anfield's words, the one "crying" about superman punch winning the league, however we have all known it as "the drunken rant" haha

He may have had the rant but you were then one whining all night in the chatbox.

I must have been taking a page out of your book.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:52 am

No no little boy, I don't cry for HOURS about prediction leagues.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:55 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:No no little boy, I don't cry for HOURS about prediction leagues.

No you just time and time again resort to name calling and swearing at people if they don't share your views, my mistake that is clearly a lot more mature.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:10 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:

Sonnen walks around at 210 minimum. He's a huge MW.

Why would he have a hard time closing the distance on Jones. He's got no power and telegraphs everything. If he could close the distance on Anderson, it'll be easy to close on Jones.

Those were not tight guillotines, he was never in danger.

He is a pretty big bloke, but nowhere as big and certainly not as strong as Jones.

I disagree Jones telegraphs everything. His striking is quite unpredictable, if not reckless. His long legs help him keep his opponents at bay.

I beg to differ about those guillotines

Sonnen on Nate's guillotine: " It was a miserable, miserable experience".

Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 3 Mma_sonnenChael_576
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:41 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    Mannpagejackson wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Oh your that guy? Yeah I figured as much. I thought you were a gimp.............oh wait you are a gimp. Now, off your fuck as well gimpy.

Point proved mate. Your class! pale

Meanwhile back on planet earth, your problem is u have no answers so you just say crap like a child, ive been told sheldan is only young, but me n him had like a 2 page argument on here about cain v jds (you know like this forum was made for, as u say, u shud now that right tough guy). And not at any point did either of us resort to just shouting fuck off. Its called respect, the guy has an opinion i have mine, we dont agree but we back our boys. And thats what were on here for. You are a complete moron anfield, u gotta grow up mate.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 am

Mannpagejackson wrote:Point proved mate. Your class! pale

Meanwhile back on planet earth, your problem is u have no answers so you just say crap like a child, ive been told sheldan is only young, but me n him had like a 2 page argument on here about cain v jds (you know like this forum was made for, as u say, u shud now that right tough guy). And not at any point did either of us resort to just shouting fuck off. Its called respect, the guy has an opinion i have mine, we dont agree but we back our boys. And thats what were on here for. You are a complete moron anfield, u gotta grow up mate.

Eyy i'm 19 soon, getting old now Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am