THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
gre660wl
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
Anfields5thKing
Mryzyz
Cowboys From Hell
superman_punch
Once Mohawked Pete
Chimezero
Mannpagejackson
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
rudeboyben84
19 posters

Poll: Who beats Bones?

Poll

Who beats Bones?

[ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap54%Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Poll: Who beats Bones? - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Who beats Bones?

Post  Sheldan Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:42 pm

UFC are planning on making Jones VS Evans at UFC 140 subject to medical clearance.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I'm still unsure as to how this proves Jones is NOT ducking Rashad?

He is trying to duck him. Only way that fight happens next is if the UFC forces Jones to fight him.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Sheldan wrote:UFC are planning on making Jones VS Evans at UFC 140 subject to medical clearance.

Looks all set,and it's a pretty good card!

Big Nog v Mir
    Lil Nog v Tito
    MacDonald v Ebersole (FOTN?!)
    Hominick v Korean Zombie .... just to name a few
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Well I said Bones would try and delay the fight, fair play to him if he takes the fight at 140.

Shit those stats on TD's worry me, I still exepct Rashad to be his toughest fight to date though with Rashad still being a guy who could make 185 Its hard to see how he wins if he cant outwrestle him. His Standup has looked good at times but Machida put him to sleep so Id back Bones to win the standup.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:03 pm

same here ben rshad will be the man to come the closest

ufc 140 that wud be awsome news
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:08 pm

according to wiki dana says no
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 pm

I think Jones seems very unnerved around Rashad IMO what Rashad has been saying about what happened in training between the two might not be far from the truth. Jones seems flustered when ever Evans is mentioned in the press I don't think fear is the right word but certainly Jones seems worried about a potential fight.

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:I think Jones seems very unnerved around Rashad IMO what Rashad has been saying about what happened in training between the two might not be far from the truth. Jones seems flustered when ever Evans is mentioned in the press I don't think fear is the right word but certainly Jones seems worried about a potential fight.

Either that, or just trying to disrupt Evans's training regime as much as possible. There's definitely something in it.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

So When are they going to fight? UFC 140 is out of the question but I think 100% Ready or not Bones needs to fight Evans asap. He has waited far too long, He was supposed to fight him so long ago and its been delayed and worse still Rampage got a shot before Evans despite being ranked behind him...

All this stalling is making me want Rashad to win so much.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Rashad is definitely going to be the toughest fight for Bones yet. I think people overlook how good a fighter he is at times, probably because he's style isn't the best to watch. Evans is clearly inside Jones head. He definitely has the skills to put Jones on his ass and beat him up. I would lean towards Jones in the fight, but this will be his first real test.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Bnes has had 3 fights this year lads think the bashing is a bit harsh he a dick but an awsome fighter how many times have the other champs fought 1 or 2
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:30 pm

2brutal wrote:Bnes has had 3 fights this year lads think the bashing is a bit harsh he a dick but an awsome fighter how many times have the other champs fought 1 or 2

Thats a fair point, Bones has been far more active than the others so normally Id have no issues with him taking the rest of the year off.

Only thing is that Evans seems to have been screwed out of big fights so much, Rampage number 1 contenders fight got delayed so he fought T.Silva.

He won the number 1 contenders fight (which was delayed) in May 2010 and still hasnt got his shot!! Rampage got the shot before him and he lost the number 1 contenders fight.

UFC owes it to evans to try and push jones ready or not into a shot

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 pm

agree 100 percent
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:

Don't agree with this. If Jones is injured he should be allowed to recover. I don't think he is ducking Evans at all. They will obviously fight sooner rather than later when Jones is fit, so what's the point in ducking?

For what it's worth i think Evans has the best chance of anyone so far against Jones, but i'd probably still pick Jones to win.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 pm

efils_god wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:

Don't agree with this. If Jones is injured he should be allowed to recover. I don't think he is ducking Evans at all. They will obviously fight sooner rather than later when Jones is fit, so what's the point in ducking?

For what it's worth i think Evans has the best chance of anyone so far against Jones, but i'd probably still pick Jones to win.

Reckon theres a lot of us in the same boat of thinking Rashad will push him the hardest of anyone so far but Bones will win.

My thinking is Bones is a bullshitter, Dana said he tristed his Ankle a wee bit but basically wasnt hurt.

Its up to a fighter wether to play up to a minor injury and avoid the fight (like Overeem perhaps did) people are never 100% after a training camp anyway, people like T.Silva have been pushed to fight injured before. Bones isnt "injured" he just wants a nice long Xmas holiday.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:59 pm

"He's 100 percent. I talked to him [on Saturday], and he said he feels great. The only thing that's sore on him is his calf. It's a little sore." - Dana on Bones

If its Bones and not Evans who refused the bout I reckon he should get a wrap on the knuckles from the bosses
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read in the interview where Dana said it wasn't happening at 140 was because EVANS was injured, not Jones...
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm

efils i didnt read that bit u r right

i rekon they r saving it for the next fox or the big feb japan vegas card
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm

2brutal wrote:Bnes has had 3 fights this year lads think the bashing is a bit harsh he a dick but an awsome fighter how many times have the other champs fought 1 or 2

3 fights in a year! WOW! Let's all bow down and praise him!!

He fought Bader who's pretty crap truth be told. Then he fought 10% of Shogun shortly afterwards when the UFC gifted him a title shot he didn't deserve. And then after ducking Rashad he made one defence on his title against Ramplod. Let's be realistic about this. Any top 10 HW would have beaten Bader and destroyed the Shogun that turned up that night. Credit for the Rampage fight, but Rampage had no gameplan and was perfect for Jones with that flatfooted plodding style.

He's ducked Evans and now he's walked himself into a more dangerous fight with Machida.

Kiss that belt goodbye dickhead. Blackhouse is about to add another belt to it's ranks.

If JDS beats Cain and Machida beats Bones, Blackhouse will have four of the UFC's seven belts. Hard not to be impressed with that.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 pm

make that 4 now say what you want in this day and age that is mighty impressive, also people thought bader was legit till he got destroyed, shogun was way out of shape fair point he still got mauled,

ps come on edgar

evans couldnt fight
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

3 fights in a year! WOW! Let's all bow down and praise him!!

He fought Bader who's pretty crap truth be told. Then he fought 10% of Shogun shortly afterwards when the UFC gifted him a title shot he didn't deserve. And then after ducking Rashad he made one defence on his title against Ramplod. Let's be realistic about this. Any top 10 HW would have beaten Bader and destroyed the Shogun that turned up that night. Credit for the Rampage fight, but Rampage had no gameplan and was perfect for Jones with that flatfooted plodding style.

He's ducked Evans and now he's walked himself into a more dangerous fight with Machida.

Kiss that belt goodbye dickhead. Blackhouse is about to add another belt to it's ranks.

If JDS beats Cain and Machida beats Bones, Blackhouse will have four of the UFC's seven belts. Hard not to be impressed with that.

Very good point !!
    What has jones faced thus far ?? overated bader , shabby shogun and a cant be arsed rampage who has fought exactly the same way for last few years .
    Machida is a clever dangerous fighter and gonna be a tough cookie for bones to crack
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Bader wasn't overrated til Jones demolished him. Shogun was hurt five seconds into their fight by a jumping knee from Jones, people seem to forget that, that would have taken ALOT out of him and probably would have KO'd lesser chins. And most of you were backing Rampage to KO Jones but now all of a sudden he's past it and wasn't motivated... Hmmm.

I'm not even gonna reply to any comments to this (Anfield) because I know there'll be the same old excuses. You can find bad points about ANYONE'S wins, heck Fedor Was beating up bums for the majority of his career yet he's the GOAT scratch

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh every time I read one of the many so called weaknesses of The LHW Champ brought up, because as of yet, we've seen NONE.

Now off you fuck like good lads...
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:13 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Bader wasn't overrated til Jones demolished him. Shogun was hurt five seconds into their fight by a jumping knee from Jones, people seem to forget that, that would have taken ALOT out of him and probably would have KO'd lesser chins. And most of you were backing Rampage to KO Jones but now all of a sudden he's past it and wasn't motivated... Hmmm.

I'm not even gonna reply to any comments to this (Anfield) because I know there'll be the same old excuses. You can find bad points about ANYONE'S wins, heck Fedor Was beating up bums for the majority of his career yet he's the GOAT scratch

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh every time I read one of the many so called weaknesses of The LHW Champ brought up, because as of yet, we've seen NONE.

Now off you fuck like good lads...

So do you rate the Shogun that turned up against Jones? And despite the fact that I hoped (and backed I suppose) Rampage would test Jones's chin, it was definitely more in hope than any real confidence. Bottom line, is that Jones has looked really good in his title defences, but, take away the defeats against Jones and Tito, and all that's there on Baders record is a win against Jardine, and back to back decision wins against Shafer and Morero, admittedly, he was well thought of (mainly because of his wrestling abilities), but even before the Jones fight, his limitations had been exposed. My worry with Jones (as is a few others) is that his chin is yet to be tested, his footwork is terrible, but above all else, I think it's this hype train that's currently running, I mean, for fucks sake, he has been mentioned as an all time great, on these pages. That's just plain fucking mental.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Peter, that could have been the best Shogun ever for all we know, but he got battered from pillar to post and that knee started it all off. Unless we have a fortune teller in our midst we'll never know what condition Shigun was in for that fight because he got destroyed so badly pretty much from bell to bell. Did he get destroyed because he was in bad condition or was it the other way round? We'll never know, the only thing we do know is that Jones molested the poor guy and it's annoying to see such a great performance from a 24 year old shat on because people think they're fortune tellers.

I actually posted a thread a few months back with Jones weaknesses in, no one commented on it though. I bet it gets a different reaction now... Illl dig itmup
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but, you can surely understand folk thinking that the performance was (at least partly) down to Shogun being in poor shape, bearing in mind some of the past performances from Shogun, ie Coleman and Griffin, and you can understand why someone would have reservations about the win.

Admittedly, it does seem to be in-vogue to criticise wins from newcomers (I think this stems from so many folk getting caught out with the Lesnar bandwagon), and you can only beat what's put in front of you, but all I'm saying, is that I would like to see him tested in the stand up.............Oh, and I still think Rashad has got inside his head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am