THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
The_Axe_Emperor
james_hampton
pinsman
mikeyboybisping
Paolo_73
sunthunder
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
KalDog
redmeanie77
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
manschesthair_utd
great_ginger_10
Ginginho
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
23 posters

Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 15 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Yea i'd kick Igor too.

So he's 0-2, and if he gets to 0-6 then hes done.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 15 Empty Re: Hall of Fame *Under Construction*

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:48 pm

the_king wrote:

my vote randy in.

Maybe we should get all 15 in for CroCop and Igor before we start voting for another.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:49 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    the_king wrote:

my vote randy in.

Maybe we should get all 15 in for CroCop and Igor before we start voting for another.

yes boss, lol mate igor is 0-3.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm

the_king wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    the_king wrote:

my vote randy in.

yes boss, lol mate igor is 0-3.

Just makes it easier to count up, thats all.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:22 pm

put a vote for me on everyone in the current hall of fame to remain in.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:15 pm

EVERYONE is out of the Hall of Fame and needs to be voted back in.

Can we start a new thread and Ben can make the first group of nominations.

You can only make one nomination(or group of nominations with a max of 5 in each group) per month. This stops one person having too much control over it and makes it more of an even split between everyone.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 pm

If you want I can make a new thread and Ben you get to put the first nominations there. Keep the pictures, because I suspect we will be keeping most of them. The new thread shouldn't be the new HOF, just the nominations. I think this page should remain the HOF page but as of now, lets say no one is in the HOF.

And what are we saying is the minimum number of votes required for entry? Just over half or at least 10? I don't mind counting the votes, if I get the go-ahead I'll set up the first nominations page where Ben can nominate his guys.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Everyone seems to want a different thing here, Anfield and Chesty want to keep the current Hall of Fame as is and just add a few more, Chelsea I think you and a few others want to start from scratch...

starting totally from scratch is a bit pointless and time consuming, I think people will just loose interest and stop voting. I say the current HOF remains as is unless anyone has any serious objections to any fighters...

So far it honestly only seems like Igor is the only man people want out...

What about yourself Chelsea, anyone your not happy with in the current HOF?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 pm

No I actually want it to remain the same, and I wouldn't have unstickied this thread. I don't mind if we start from scratch or not, I'm actually quite confused as whats happening now. Anfield suggestion is to get everyone out and have us vote them back in. I thought that's what we were going with.

I do think it would be cool to see how many people from the panel vote for a fighter to enter the HOF and you can add that next to there picture.

And apart from Igor, there is no one that I would take out.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Forget about it then, leave it as is. Perish the thought we might do something different.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Forget about it then, leave it as is. Perish the thought we might do something different.

nah i think we should go for it see what happens.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Can I vote for the greatest heavyeight ever Timothy Deane Sylvia?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I agree with The King, I want to see how well it works.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 pm

HOF staying as it is with Igor out...

We will all do a HOF induction thread with fighers we want in and everyone can give them the vote. Honestly im 50/50 of having Igor in but I think we should put it to the vote.

Ill post a few people I think were left out in a HOF induction thread. Anfield you happy to stick to the 10-5 majority to get people in or what? Coaches and officials are fair enough if you want to nominate them as well.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:15 pm

. Igor Vovchanchyn: 49/10/1 (15 Sub, 26 KO)
    Hall of Fame *Under Construction* - Page 15 Hofigor

Igor out for now fair enough? Im sure Chesty or someone can make him one of their picks.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Crying or Very sad

way underappreciated.

61 MMA fights (on 40 nights) between 1995 and 2005...8 tournament victories.

record:

50 wins, 26 KOs, 16 submissions against 9 losses.

60-2 as a kickboxer, only losses to Ernesto Hoost.

knocked out only once in all the above fights, by probably the hardest strike ever landed in fighting.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:24 am

Nah, if it's being left with all the current lot in then there's no point changing it. I don't want to be on the panel.

Thanks.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:47 am

Same here.

Starting from scratch would have been the most prudent thing to do.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:02 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Nah, if it's being left with all the current lot in then there's no point changing it. I don't want to be on the panel.

Thanks.

whats the point of removing everyone form hall of fame if 90% are just going to be voted back in because nobody has a problem?

if someone has a problem then just say so.

by the way we did start this from scratch..
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:33 am

Fedor, Gomi, BJ, Barnett and Anderson should not be in the Hall Of Fame. All are still fighting at or close to their best. While they will all obviously be H.O.F worthy down the line, they should not be in now.

People like Liddell, CroCop, Nog, Couture, Hughes, Hendo, Wanderlei, Sakuraba have all experienced major decline and none of them have more than a couple of fights left in them. So i can see why putting them in makes sense.

However,

A true H.O.F is for people who are retired from the sport, all the fighters currently in who still compete regularly, or at least for a major organization(Coleman, Severn, Ken), should be removed.

Otherwise it might as well just be called "a list of our favourite fighters".
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 am

I think if someone isn't happy with a current member of the current HOF, they should call a vote for them to be removed, and then the panel can vote of whether they remain or should be kicked out. TBH it would be easier to just vote from scratch if you think so many people should go out, but I don't mind taking those fighters and setting up the votes for them. Just tell me every fighter you think should be removed.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Fedor, Gomi, BJ, Barnett and Anderson should not be in the Hall Of Fame. All are still fighting at or close to their best. While they will all obviously be H.O.F worthy down the line, they should not be in now.

People like Liddell, CroCop, Nog, Couture, Hughes, Hendo, Wanderlei, Sakuraba have all experienced major decline and none of them have more than a couple of fights left in them. So i can see why putting them in makes sense.

However,

A true H.O.F is for people who are retired from the sport, all the fighters currently in who still compete regularly, or at least for a major organization(Coleman, Severn, Ken), should be removed.

Otherwise it might as well just be called "a list of our favourite fighters".

why would you take out coleman, severn and shamrock for still competing but leave in crocop,liddekk, nog and co?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:46 am

No mate, I meant we should take out Nog, Cro Cop etc as they are still competing in a major organization. Coleman, Shamrock and Severn could stay in because their careers at the highest level are over.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:58 am

got ya. lol is it just fighters hall of fame? what about people who have been held high in the sport, promotors, refs, personalaties and so on.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:43 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:He does make some, shall we say, questionable, public statements. I'd love to see him and Sonnen having a slagging match!

he was also funny in some of his american quates.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am