THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Anfields5thKing
Ginginho
Ronwah
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
redmeanie77
Albion_Oakley
rudeboyben84
13 posters

Hall of Fame inductions 2010

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Hall of Fame inductions 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hall of Fame inductions 2010

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 am

Are you sure about that Anfield? I remember hearing some where that Ryan Giggs was included in a European or English football hall of fame. I'm not sure how valid that hall of fame is though.

I know for a fact, that you have to be retired to be in the rugby hall of fame.

But I don't completely agree that you have to be retired to be eligible. Is there a written rule that you have to be retired to enter a hall of fame?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 am

Rugby, Baseball, Basketball, American Football, Ice Hockey, Australian Rules, Cricket, Boxing.

All require someone to be retired a minimum of 5 years in order to be nominated for entry into the Hall of Fame.

There's no official Hall of Fame in professional football as recognised by the governing bodies, Giggs was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the National Football Museum but that's a bit like getting your 5th coffee at starbucks for free after you overpaid for the first 4.

King, Randy is not retired at this moment in time. Past retirements aren't really relevant but they are why all major sports have 5 year periods between retirement and nomination.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 am

not sure weather i agree with you anfield or not. i get your point and fully understand it. but what if someone is like 35 in there prime but had and exceptional career and won many many trophies and accolades. wouldnt they deserve to be in a hall of fame.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Sorry lads my internets been playing up the last few days, so im sorry to say it Meanie but theres been no fat chicks for me recently Sad ... although i want to know where you got that picture because those girls are right up my street!

Minowa: No

Fedor: Yes

Wandy: Yes

F Shamrock: Yes

Royce: Yes

Severn: No

Funaki: No

Bas: No

Big Nog: Yes

Shogun: No

Randy: Yes

Hughes: Yes

Liddell: Yes

Cro Cop: Yes

Sakuraba: Yes
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

No to Severn and Bas??

King, they deserve to go in AFTER they've retired. Very simple.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Just a question Anfield. I'm actually beginning to understand where your coming from, but lets say Frank Shamrock decided to come out of retirement and fight in SF again. What do we do then, kick him out?

Also another update to everyone. Sakuraba has been voted in with the 10 votes required.

Funaki is still on 9 and is now joined by Fedor, Wandy, Hughes and Couture.

Shogun can't make it anymore.

How has Funaki not been voted in yet? He is just as important if not more important to the sport as Shamrock.

4 guys left to vote.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 pm

It would depend on the circumstances. If Frank did a Randy Couture and announced he was coming back to compete for a title and that he felt recharged and ready to fight again I would say remove him from the Hall of Fame and re-enter him when he retires.

If Frank announced he was coming back to fight either Saku or Ken because it was what the fans wanted, then leave him in.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:06 am

Damn it Anfield I'm now thinking about changing my votes. I really don't think we'll see Liddell or Sakuraba fight again, and certainly not more than once so I might just stick with them, but I'm really thinking of saying no to Randy, Hughes, Cro Cop, Wandy and Big Nog. I'm not sure about Fedor though, I think a HOF needs to have there best ever competitor in it.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Minowa: Yes

Fedor: Yes

Wandy: Yes

F Shamrock: Yes

Royce: Yes

Severn: Yes

Funaki: Yes

Bas: Yes

Big Nog: Yes

Shogun: No

Randy: No

Hughes: Yes

Liddell: Yes

Cro Cop: No

Sakuraba: Yes

Sorry for the lateness of my post.

Last edited by Once Mohawked Pete on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Being a complete and utter spanner)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Why the difference between Big Nog and Wanderlei Pete? both the same age, both similar amount of fights etc. both 2-2 in their last 4 fights
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:37 pm

The reason that I picked Wandy and not Nog, is cos I'm a complete tool. Trying to post whilst working, and had cut & pasted from someone elses selections, and not fully edited them. Sorted them now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:09 am