THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Good idea Pete

Club - Liverpool

Best performance so far - Home to Newcastle

Worst performance so far - Away to Bolton

Player of the season - Daniel Agger, most under-rated player in England. Unbelievable defender

Most underated player - As above. Agger is the reason we've got a great defence this season

Signings needed? - New right winger, new left winger, defensive midfielder and striker

Overall - Hugely disappointing in the league, great in the cups.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? - Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal - Top 4. QPR, Wolves, Blackburn - Bottom 3. Liverpool - 6th
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Sure why not! Maybe won't mean much to most of you though....!

Club - Dundee United

Best performance so far - 2-0 win against Rangers at Ibrox in the cup.

Worst performance so far - Losing the new firm derby (against Aberdeen) 3-1.

Player of the season - Never thought i'd say this, but Jon Daly. 2nd top scorer in the league.

Most underated player - Again, never thought i'd say this, but Sean Dillon. Has been excellent at right-back of centre-back, and brings much needed experience and maturity to our young squad.

Youth prospect
    - Jonny Russell will be a great player and has made us forget David Goodwillie fast.

Signings needed? - We will have no money to spend, so need to rely on frees and loan signings. Hoping that a few of our younger players make the step up this/next season. Depends who we have to sell in the summer really (as usual). More than likely a centre back will be required, at least.

Overall - Season started poorly, but have been on a roll recently with alot of youngsters coming through and showing promise. Hopefully we can push on for 4th.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? - Top - obviously Celtic, who now have a 20 point cushion! Bottom - Dunfermline unless they get their act together and drag Hibs back into it. We will hopefully finish 4th but any top 6 is satisfactory.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Club - Wulfs

Best performance so far - 2-0 win over Fulham at home totally bossed the game could have won 9 or 10.

Worst performance so far - Pretty obvious Albion 5-1

Player of the season - Steven Fletcher one of the best strikers in the league hate to say It but he deserves to at a Top 4 club he is that good.

Most underated player - Stephen Ward although a lot of fans are realizing what a cracking player he is now.

Signings needed? Bassong on a permanent would be a good start probably another mifielder an upgrade from Edwards, Milijas & Guediora.

Overall - Massive disappointment could of done a lot better.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? Man City, United Spurs bottom Wigwam, Bolton and QPR - 16th I think 17th and above and i'll be happy.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Club - West Ham United

Best performance so far - 4-1 at Blackpool, with Lansbury in goal for the majority of the second half was a monumental team effort.

Worst performance so far - It was certainly disappointing losing against Cardiff on the opening day, but the worst performance is definitely going down 5-1 to Ipswich.

Player of the season - Carlton Cole has been unplayable at times this season, Kevin Nolan has been his usual consistent self, but my vote goes to Rob Green.

Most underated player - Tempted to put Rob Green again because since the World Cup his stock has dropped considerably, however in the last two years I think he's regained a little of his past hype. So I'll go with Winston Reid.

Youth prospect
    - Does James Tomkins still count as a prospect? If not, Ravel Morrison Smile.

Signings needed? - Don't think we really need anyone, Big Sam did some fantastic business in January.

Overall - Pretty satisfactory to be honest, didn't expect us to be as high as we are considering how woeful we were last year.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? - Top - Us, Birmingham, Southampton, Reading, Cardiff and Blackpool. Cardiff to go through from the playoffs. Bottom - Pompey obviously, fingers crossed Forest and of course Millwall cheers
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:Liverpool have finally took home a trophy after 6 years, The carling cup

Bit like being single for 6 years and bringing home Susan Boyle

It's called practice. We'll being the FA Cup home in May, then the major honours will start arriving over the next year. Can't expect to bring home Olivia Wilde or Mila Kunis straight away.

Still though, United, Spurs, Chavski, and Arsenal fans will be watching their team bring home nothing this year.

Was just a wee joke lol.

Can I ask though, why so confident in the FA cup? According to the bookmakers, Spurs will win it.

According to the bookies Spurs were going to beat Arsenal yesterday. We played Spurs recently and they were poor. They were horrendous against Stevenage, weakened team or not that's an embarrassing result In a one off cup match we can beat anyone, look at our record in both cups this season. Chelsea and Spurs might be better than us in the league, but not in the cup.

Anyone smell an avatar bet here? Very Happy lol!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Club - Celtic

Best performance so far - Celtic 4-0 vs Hearts

Worst performance so far - 1st half vs Kilmarkock ( 3-0 down to draw 3-3)

Player of the season - Victor Wanyama

Most underated player - Fraser Forster

Signings needed? Possibly a new striker, everywhere is pretty strong at the moment.

Overall - Started poorly, but Great season so far for Celtic, for obvious reasons.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? - Celtic will win the league, with Rangers second. Dunfermline or Hibs to be relgated.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Club - West Ham United

Player of the season - Carlton Cole has been unplayable at times this season, Kevin Nolan has been his usual consistent self, but my vote goes to Rob Green.
    Youth prospect[/b] - Does James Tomkins still count as a prospect? If not, Ravel Morrison Smile.

Signings needed? - Don't think we really need anyone, Big Sam did some fantastic business in January.

Not seen much of West Ham, this season, has Carlton Cole been that good? Always thought that he should score way more, than he does. I'm quite interested to see how Morrison does though, really quite fancied seeing him at Toon, although he would probably struggle to make the first team (regularly). Has the football suffered at all, under Allardyce?

With regards to the others, it's really interesting to see, how fans from other teams (especially outside our own teams league) rate their club and players.

P4P Can you see your b(h)oys trying to get Forster on a permanent? TBH, I don't think he'd cost much at all, even by Scottish standards.

Cowboy Bassong is a player I've always rated, he's got a habit of losing concentration at times, but has all the tools.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 pm

P4P Can you see your b(h)oys trying to get Forster on a permanent? TBH, I don't think he'd cost much at all, even by Scottish standards.

I hope so mate. I think he's very underrated by Celtic fans. Would you like to see him leave? I reckon we could get him for around 2 million.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

I hope so mate. I think he's very underrated by Celtic fans. Would you like to see him leave? I reckon we could get him for around 2 million.

I don't even think he'd cost that much TBH mate. I do rate him, but, we've got Krul, Harper, Elliot and Soderberg here as well, and he's only contracted until 2014, so I reckon £1million or around that region, and he'd be sold.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Signings needed? Possibly a new striker,

With Stokes, Hooper, Samaras and Forrest already there? Would have thought a striker was the last thing Celtic needed TBH.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

I don't even think he'd cost that much TBH mate. I do rate him, but, we've got Krul, Harper, Elliot and Soderberg here as well, and he's only contracted until 2014, so I reckon £1million or around that region, and he'd be sold.

I'd be over the moon with that deal!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

Signings needed? Possibly a new striker,

With Stokes, Hooper, Samaras and Forrest already there? Would have thought a striker was the last thing Celtic needed TBH.

Yeah true, Stokes and Hooper are a solid partnership, but I honestly think Samaras is a complete donkey. Plus Forrest is more of a winger, but to be fair I don't really think Celtic need urgent replacement anywhere. Though having said that Majstorovic has just been ruled out for the rest of the season, so they may need cover at centre back.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Well the title is won now so all is good at Celtic Park.

That Kenyan boy can fill in at CB, seem to remember hearing he could play there as well as DM.

How have Izaguirre(since his return) and Ki Sung-Yueng played for the Bhoys this season?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Izaguirre hasn't really played at all this season, only a couple of games since he's returned. Such a shame this injury, because I thought he was player of the season last year.

Ki has been floating in and out of the starting line up this year. I think he's a quality footballer, but I question whether he's good enough to put Ledley, Kayal or Wanyama out of the team. I've heard rumours he's be labelled for 6 million, which I would take in a heart beat.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Club - Liverpool

Best performance so far - Can't really think of one that stands out

Worst performance so far - Away to Spurs

Player of the season - Both central defenders, Skrtel and Agger - Skrtel makes a few mistakes but he is hard and committed

Most underated player - I will agree with Anfield - Agger

Signings needed? - Creative midfielder and a goal poacher

Overall - Hugely disappointing in the league especially the home draws, great in the cups.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? - Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea - Top 4. QPR, Wigan, Blackburn - Bottom 3. Liverpool - 7th

Axe, is Winston Reid having a good season?? We don't get the Championship over here but I try to follow the Kiwis in England - he is playing for NZ tonight against Jamaica with Ryan Nelson

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Izaguirre hasn't really played at all this season, only a couple of games since he's returned. Such a shame this injury, because I thought he was player of the season last year.

Ki has been floating in and out of the starting line up this year. I think he's a quality footballer, but I question whether he's good enough to put Ledley, Kayal or Wanyama out of the team. I've heard rumours he's be labelled for 6 million, which I would take in a heart beat.

I think Ki would do well in the Bundesliga with a top team, maybe even in the Premier League with the right team-mates around him. His passing skills are phenomenal.

I wanted Izaguirre at Liverpool in the summer. He's a very good player IMO. Hopefully he comes back strong.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 am

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:Cowboy Bassong is a player I've always rated, he's got a habit of losing concentration at times, but has all the tools.

Yeah I've always felt that when ever I've seen him for Newcastle or Tottenham and even the Albion game for us he has the odd lapse but he is comfortable on the ball, Can play the ball out the back and has pace which is something we don't have much of at the back
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Pete, yeah Cole has been great this season. He's always inconsistent in the Premier League but it appears the Chmapionship is his ideal level. As for the football, yeah it's suffered quite a bit. At times we start games with 6 recognised defenders! The football was certainly better under Zola for example, but at least we're winning.

Ging, Reid has been something of a revelation this year. He was very hit and miss last season but all he needed was a good run of games and he's come good. Him and Tomkins have struck up a formidable partnership. Got an eye for goal too, and some pace.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Scott Parker England captain for friendly against the Dutch tonight. Thoughts?
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Club - United

Best performance so far - 8-2 against Arsenal (we didn't really play that well, Arsenal were just terrible, but you can't argue with the score)

Worst performance so far - 1-6 against City

Player of the season - Nobody really stands out, I suppose you'll have to say Rooney.

Most underated player - De Gea, he's made some great saves, especially recently, that have won us games, yet people just focus on the odd mistake he makes.

Signings needed? Creative midfielder, we're still lacking that Silva type who can dictate the play.

Overall - Bit of an under-achieving season, very poor performances in the Champions League.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish? United, City, Spurs, Chelsea - Top 4. QPR, Wolves, Wigan - Bottom 3. United - 1st.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Club - Chelsea

Best performance so far: Home to Valemcia or Man City I guess although I think we've played better and lost.

Worst performance so far: So many awful defensive performances this season but losing to 2-0 and 3-1 to Everton and Villa have to be the worst.

Player of the season: Pretty clearly Mata, been sensational at times this season. The future of the team rests on him.

Most underated player: Ramires has actually had a pretty good season, he's work rate is top class.

Signings needed?: Well we need new defenders that's embarrassingly clear. Terry might still have a couple of years left but a new CB and RB are essential. Luiz needs to be converted to a MFer. We could also use with another creative midfielder and a striker, possibly a winger as well.

Overall: One of the worst seasons in a long time for us, simply appalling. This season, finishing in the top 4 and winning the FA cup would be a minor miracle which is a long way from two years ago.

Predictions for top and bottom of your league, where will your club finish?: Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea - Top 4. Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn - Bottom 3. Chelsea-4th (hopefully)
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Congratulations to Parker, not sure he was the right option but he's someone who deserves it. When you think of it, it really comes down to Parker or Milner and Parker wins that every time for me. Everyone else is either too inexperienced or has done something that makes them look like bad role models. I wonder what the team will look like.

Maybe:

Hart
    Richards
    Jones
    Cahill/Smalling
    Cole

Milner
    Gerrard
    Parker (c)

Welbeck
    Sturridge
    Walcott/Young

Not exactly a great team but a couple of world-class players and one or two more that have great potential.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Scott Parker England captain for friendly against the Dutch tonight. Thoughts?

Pretty certain it means Gerrard isn't playing tonight. After 120 minutes on Sunday, it's unlikely he'll be played/started in a friendly.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 pm

If Parker is captain you can be pretty certain Gerrard isn't playing, or at least not starting.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:If Parker is captain you can be pretty certain Gerrard isn't playing, or at least not starting.

I think he'll start, but I think he'll come off at half time, whereas with Parker being banned at the weekend, he can play the full 90 minutes, so then we don't have to see the armband passed around throughout the game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm