THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
The_Axe_Emperor
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
Albion_Oakley
rudeboyben84
14 posters

Random MMA news

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Random MMA news - Page 2 Empty Re: Random MMA news

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 am

redmeanie77 wrote:Mo cuts alot of weight,

He cuts from about 215 at the minute. He's only just moved up from 185!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:35 am

payneNglory1 wrote:Every UFC LHW that has 3 wins or more in the best and strongest LHW division in the world is and should be ranked higher than either fighter,they have at least proved they can cut it against top competition,where as with Mo and Mousasi it's all speculation.

Bader,lil Nog,Randy,Davis,Chuck and Hamill have all proved more against better competition than either of them,even Krystoff who I'm not saying would definitely beat either,has better wins,that in a ranking system should have him above them both for now.

I always believed you have to prove it first,before you are judged and so far neither have proved anything in the LHW division,apart from they can beat journeymen so far.(and to be fair mousasi has looked poor as a LHW)

Both are extremely hyped and Mo has a great wrestling pedigree but neither have proved anything yet and unless Mo adds some effective GNP and subs to his game,he'll not get anywhere.

If Mo fought any good well rounded UFC fighter at the Mo,I think his lack of anything else to his game would be badly exposed.

your just speculating they can beat the top guys of the UFC because neither have fought any one of that level to prove it.
    though Judging from Mousasi's fights with Mo and Soko,Randy would be the one doing all the schooling and Phil Davis would choke Mo out in less than a rd,I think Roger Gracie will also beat Mo.

Both have talent no doubt and if they continue to improve and add to their games,I'm sure they will make a run at the top 10 but there is no way they should be put in that bracket yet.

Chuck and Hamill?? You really are grasping at straws here!

Mo has the best wrestling in ALL of MMA. He's also got good boxing as he's shown in a number of his fights. And he hits with ridiculous power.

Rest of your post is garbage. Couture school Mousasi on the feet? Comical.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 am

Shogun Rua
    Lyoto Machida
    Rashad Evans
    Quinton Jackson
    Antônio Rogério Nogueira
    Forrest Griffin
    Chuck
    Randy Couture
    Thiago Silva
    Rich Franklin
    Jon Jones
    Ryan Bader
    Vladimir Matyushenko
    Matt Hamill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silva hasn't beaten anyone, no one close to Mousasi anyway. He has more fights, all against average fighters and cans.

Who has Hammil beat?

IMO Mo would beat alot of those guys. He is much better wrestler than Hammill, who is quite one dimensional himself and the Janitor. He has better striking than both of them. If Mo landed a clean shot on Liddell he would half kill him. Same with Griffin as well, that would be a good fight though. I hate going against Randy but if Mo doesn't gas, where is Randy going to win that fight? Standing up? No, Mo's power far exceeds Randy's. Wrestling? Mo is a better wrestler than Randy, thats a really tough fight for Randy.

Bader, Jones and Davis have all made some bad mistakes as well. Bader didn't fight too well against Eric Shaefer, and gassed against Jardine. Davis's striking looked very average against Stann in his first fight and missed a few takedowns against Gustfasson. Jones got careless and got DQed against Hammill and he has made a lot of mistakes in his striking. Still, All three have massive potentiol and shouldn't be judged on one fight. Niether should Mo. I don't here all this talk about Lil Nog even though (he should have) lost his last fight against an opponent weaker than Mousasi. Sometimes people consider reputations too much. If Lil Nog beat Mousasi the way Mo did, people would be all over him saying he is top 3 ect.

Also Gracie heas beaten no one, he is obviously a very talented grappler but as far as we know he is a one dimensional BJJ guy. Outstriking Randleman doesn't prove shit. We haven't see his cardio tested right either.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Are you talking about Mousasi? Im talking about King Mo.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Right where to start

Chuck is far from grasping at straws,chuck is the former greatest LHW on the planet and has beat a whos who of LHW's,where as your two guys have beat who?
    nobody thats who

So a proven great beating a LHW Mo with only 3 wins to his name (who's only good win is against an unproven Mousasi,who was 2-0)or against the 2-1 now Mousasi who struggled and got took down at will in the 1st rd against Soko as well as getting dominated by a shot out of gas Mo for four rds,and i'm the one clutching at straws.

also staying on Mo,his boxing isn't great at all,it might of looked OK against 3 clumsy shit journeymen HW's but it looked crap against Mousasi,he has power no doubt but power without technique does not in anyway make you a good boxer.

So a guy that got dominated without being hit for 5 rds,a guy that struggled badly against Soko untill he gassed,a guy that was getting beat by Jacare and a guy that got beat by Gono,but you find the idea of Randy,who has only really lost to one LHW fighter in his whole career and who has held the belt twice himself ,beating mousasi is comical Laughing

So far in Mousasi's career,it looks like he struggles with grapplers and shit,blow me down,whats Randy,yep you got it,a grappler

and by the way,I didn't say anything about Randy schooling mousasi on his feet,thats something you've tried to add.
    I wouldn't and have never expected Randy to school anyone standing.

Silva hasn't beaten anyone, no one close to Mousasi anyway. He has more fights, all against average fighters and cans.

Mousasi has never fought anyone of the standard of Silva more like.
    Silva has 5 wins in the strongest LHW division in MMA,and has only lost too Rashad and machida,two former champs,so if anything mousasi is the one who hasn't beat or even fought anyone near the standard of Silva.

Who has Hammil beat?

eh 7 UFC fighters,including a pretty handy wrestler in Munoz

Sometimes people consider reputations too much

Exactly,Mo and Mousasi top 10 for example.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:09 pm

chucks last win was 10 months before mo's career even began. Its pointless even using chucks past to compare them. Ken Shamrock is better than Jon jones because the best guy jones beat is 3-3 at lhw Vera. Ken beat Bas twice so he is way better.

Maybe a bit exaggurated considering some of the guys ken has lost to but honestly thats what you sound like.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:

Are you talking about Mousasi? Im talking about King Mo.

So am I. Mo only moved up to 205 recently.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Right where to start

Chuck is far from grasping at straws,chuck is the former greatest LHW on the planet and has beat a whos who of LHW's,where as your two guys have beat who?
    nobody thats who

So a proven great beating a LHW Mo with only 3 wins to his name (who's only good win is against an unproven Mousasi,who was 2-0)or against the 2-1 now Mousasi who struggled and got took down at will in the 1st rd against Soko as well as getting dominated by a shot out of gas Mo for four rds,and i'm the one clutching at straws.

also staying on Mo,his boxing isn't great at all,it might of looked OK against 3 clumsy shit journeymen HW's but it looked crap against Mousasi,he has power no doubt but power without technique does not in anyway make you a good boxer.

So a guy that got dominated without being hit for 5 rds,a guy that struggled badly against Soko untill he gassed,a guy that was getting beat by Jacare and a guy that got beat by Gono,but you find the idea of Randy,who has only really lost to one LHW fighter in his whole career and who has held the belt twice himself ,beating mousasi is comical Laughing

So far in Mousasi's career,it looks like he struggles with grapplers and shit,blow me down,whats Randy,yep you got it,a grappler

and by the way,I didn't say anything about Randy schooling mousasi on his feet,thats something you've tried to add.
    I wouldn't and have never expected Randy to school anyone standing.

Silva has 5 wins in the strongest LHW division in MMA,and has only lost too Rashad and machida,two former champs,so if anything mousasi is the one who hasn't beat or even fought anyone near the standard of Silva.

Who has Hammil beat?

Chuck was never the best LHW in the world. Wandi was the king of the LHW division while Chuck was UFC champion.

Soko is an amazing judoka, and Mousasi was beating him before he gassed. He just had to wait until he gassed to finish him. Only Machida has finished Soko before he gassed.

a present for you:

http://anormalday.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/bendy_straws.jpg
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:29 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I'd hang on to all the straws you can mate,you seem to be losing your grip.

Wandi was not the No1 at all,Tito and vitor beat him before he shyed of to japan to pad out his record with aload of japanese bums while chuck stayed fighting top fighters back to back and chuck schooled Tito and beat vitor and beat wandi when they met.

Soko might be a top judoka but this is MMA and he got cut from the UFC and is 8-6 for a reason,because he's just not very good.

chesty,I'm not understanding you mate scratch

In fact what are you on about?

Yeah he beat Wandi 10 months before and then faced Rashad and shogun back to back,No 1 and No 3 in the world,while Mo was fighting the likes of Yukiya Naito and Ryo Kawamura.

how are we supposed to compare fighters,if we can't compare who they have fought,it's not as if chuck retired and hadn't fought anyone during Mo's career,he's fighting Franklin saturday and he fought rashad and shogun during that time.

I think you'll find that will be 3 LHW fights each,Mo's 3 against 3 unranked opponents while Chucks are two former champs and the current Champ.

I was just responding to being told I was grasping at straws,that Chuck and Hamill should be ranked above Mo or Mousasi.I can't see how Chuck who was No1 goes on to lose a few to the very top guys while Mo and Mousasi beats nobodies would put them higher,even Hammill has 7 UFC LHW wins compared to Mo's 2 piss easy wins and a win against Mousasi and Mousasi's one good win and one win he struggled to get against a poor fighter in Soko.

I think logic seems to have left one or two of you,one win over a 2-0 at the time Mousasi somehow makes them both top 10 LHW's scratch

Did Mo look awful against Mousasi?
    Did Mousasi struggle to beat Soko?
    was Mousasi losing the fight to Jacare untill that up kick?
    Who's the only named fighter Mo has beat at LHW?

Ok I'll stop defending the established stars,if one of you can give me any logical reason why either Mo or Mousasi are top 10 LHW's and what have they done to prove that they can hang with the top guys in the UFC yet.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Not wishing to join a ruck in any way , but I do consider mousasi's win against sobral a very good win and one he acheived in impressive fashion.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Mousasi last 2 REAL fights ie, Mo and Soko, have been anything but impressive, infact they he was terrible, i thought he lost the 1st round and capitalised when Soko gassed. His last performance against a fighter who was gassed out for the last 4 rounds was just embarasing to say the least.

And this guy was thought to be one of P4P top fighters in the world? HA!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Wandi was not the No1 at all,Tito and vitor beat him before he shyed of to japan to pad out his record

Best way to make a Pride Hugger cry, is to mention the Tito-Wandi fight Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 pm

I agree and have said his win against bablu is his best win but still bablu was not a top 10 rank fighter either,so it surely can't carry to much weight in a rankings system.

Join in mate,all opinions are welcome from Pride nuthuggers who are stuck in the past and actually beleive these guys were mythical creatures,the UFC haters who actually believe some of these noodle armed Japanese fighters are world class and actually stand a chance against modern western fighters,to the Dana is actually Satan and the UFC have been bad for the sport lads scratch to the sensible fans that can see the growth and improvement in todays MMA,where the best fighters ply their trade fighting the worlds best fighters in the worlds strongest ORG who are judged on success and not hype silent ,even if you disagree with me,I'm a big lad,I can take it Crying or Very sad

seriously it's never taken personally

this is a good board with some good lads,but it would be boring if we all agreed with each other all the time.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Wow ! I'm no hugger of any one organisation but yeah, whatever!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:58 pm

best way to make a pride hugger smile, post the gif of tito running away from wand like a bitch Cool
    Payne your problem seems to lie in thinking victories in the UFC automatically mean more. I agree that the ufc has most of the worlds high ranked fighters.
    I think you would say count Machidas win over Sokodjou more than zMousasis becquse it was in the octagon.
    If Mousasi had beaten Babalu, Sokodjou and Kang in the ufc he would be in your top 10 easily.

I may aswell post this here in case there is anyone who knows about computers and viruses etc.
    Whenever i try to go to the armbar (or a couple of other sites i frequent) on my pc it takes me to a different site, something called searchonthego.net and i dint know how to fix it. I think its pyware or something but my antispwre wont do nything.
    Anyway im posting from my mobile and its very annoyimg.
    Thznks
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:32 am

Wandi was unquestionably the best LHW in the world. UFC Fanboys should remember that Chuck went to Pride and got his ass handed to him by Rampage. The same Rampage that Wandi left swinging unconscious on the ropes.

Pride had the best fighters and was the best organization. The only division the UFC had the better fighters was 170. Pride had Fedor, Nog, CroCop and Barnett. The top 4 HW's in the world. They had Arona, Shogun, Rampage, Wandi, 4 of the 5 best LHW's in the world including the top 2 in Wandi and Shogun. At MW they had Henderson who's better than anyone the UFC had, and they had Anderson Silva for a period as well. Bitter little fanboys struggle with that.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am

yeah I'd have to agree with you to a degree,there's definitely some truth to that as I've never shied away or denied my UFC bais.

You have to be in great form to get signed up by the UFC,then it's a case of the cream rising to the top and cementing a place there and the deadwood being set adrift.
    When fighters like Soko got signed up to the UFC,they were hot and on winning streaks and usually in the form of there lives (he'd just beat lil Nog and Arona)but once they get found out and then eventually cut,then a win over them definitely carries less weight.

The original win doesn't mean what it did when it first happened anymore but still means more than fights after the fact when everyones worked him out.
    beating a hot fighter on a winning streak who believes he is great is more impressive than fighting a fighter that has already been found out and nows lacks the confidence that made them hot in the 1st place.

so yeah if mousasi was in the UFC and fought and beat Soko before he got found out in the UFC and straight after by Babalu,it would of been more impressive.
    as I said before I'm not taking anything away from his win over babalu apart from the fact he is not and wasn't at the time a top 10 fighter,but still a very good fighter all the same.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 am

WOW so Chuck loses one fight to Rampage in Pride and thats your basis for saying wandi was better than Chuck.

Even though Chuck beat TWO guys that Wandi lost to in Tito and Vitor.

Plus a 30 year old Wandi ended up losing to 37 year old Chuck in the end anyway.

Wandi got his ass handed to him on both occasions fighting in the UFC,pre Pride and post Pride.

Move on mate,Pride is dead and the sport has evolved and come on leaps and bounds since then,now there are strict rules, drug tests,fair match making,no match fixing scandels because the UFC aren't in the pocket of the Yakuza and we can actually found out who is the best because 90% of the best fighters in the world all fight in the same Org now,the UFC.

This is what every fan was calling for but because it was the UFC and not your beloved Pride that got there shit together and made it happen,it's now shit.
    It's like dealing with my kids,if there's two movies that you'd like to see,one slightly more than the other but the other film gets chosen by you brother,you'll cut your own nose off to spite your face and refuse to enjoy the film anyway.

you'll bitch and moan online and to your friends about everything about the UFC,from having a pop at the fans of the UFC to the main events crap,the cage sucks,the rules are crap,yet when an event actually comes around your the first to go home and tune into watch. Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:49 am

We're talking about a specific period of time, where Wandi was Pride champ and Chuck had the UFC strap. Wandi was the best LHW in the world in that time. He lost some fights before he went to Pride, AND? He was young, inexperienced and poorly trained. He became the best in the world. Chuck fought Tito when Chuck was in his prime, Wandi fought him when Wandi was still coming through the ranks. The Vitor fight means nothing. The Rampage fights vs both were in the same tournament. It showed the level they were both fighting at. Chuck got his ass handed to him. Wandi beat the fuck out of him. That's the only fight worth using for comparison because it's when both of them were at their best.

You must have me confused with some1 else. I haven't bothered watching a UFC event as its been broadcast in a long time.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:45 am

I'm sorry,I presumed you did because I thought I remembered that you used to be on chat box when you were 1st on here,but again sorry if I'm wrong.

Rampage had chucks number,styles make fights and chucks doesn't match well with Rampages.It's an old cliche but it couldn't be more true in MMA.I mean who's to say Wandi would of beat Overeem.

chuck was No 1 going into that tournament,and his results and achievements were better than wandi's after wards,If Wandi was no1 it was for a year Max out of Chucks 6 years of being the best LHW in the world.(sorry for 2 years Tito was officially No1 Very Happy )
    the only time he could make a claim for being No1 was between Tito losing his belt to Randy and Chuck wining the belt,yet wandi still lost to arona during that period while chuck remained undefeated after the tournament beating the former No1 in the process.

Theirs no denying wandi did better in the tournament,but leading up to that tournament,Chuck was definitely the No 1,having beat
    Monson,Randleman,Metzger,Bustamante,Suloev,Vitor and Babalu back to back,compared to Wandi's spread out wins between the sacrificial lambs he was fed,inbetween hendo,sakuraba x3 and metzger,plus we know Wandi wasn't number 1 when he beat metzger,Hendo and sakuraba the 1st time anyway,because that was all in the same year as he lost to Tito and like you said "he was was still coming through the ranks" and Tito was obviously No1.

I won't forget to give him credit for going the distance and getting a Pride draw with cro-cop in cro-cops 4th fight either.

then after the Tournement,Wandi defends his belt twice against Rampage and Arona and then loses it to Hendo,while also picking up a loss against Arona(I won't use the losses against Hunt and cro-cop against him for a LHW ranking)while Chuck stays undefeated,gets his match and win,against former No1 and Former champ Tito,goes on to win the belt against Randy(who beat the No1 for his belt),and then goes on to successfully defend it 4 times back to back against Horn,Randy,Babalu and Tito.

Chuck has double the amount of big wins and fights over top fighters compared to Wandi during that 6 year period because he was not protected and built up for an audience,he was constantly tested and not fed fighters to pad his record and give the Japanese fans the one sided brutal beatings they wanted to see,all of his wins have been against guys who at the time were highly ranked and there is no way in the world the same can be said about wandi,so clearly Chuck is the best LHW in MMA history and overall the longest reigning and most successful No 1 LHW ever.
    wandi only ever really fought 5 top LHW's in Pride and two of them were really 185lb MW's.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:40 am

Who has Hammil beat?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ye 5 wins in the stongest division against:

Irvin: average fighter at best
    Drwazl: MW
    Alexander: CAN
    Mendes: CAN
    Jardine: One of the worst chins in MMA

That means fuck all to be honest, 4 wins against no bodys and one against a guy who is notorious for getting KOed early.

Just because someone is a UFC fighter doesn't mean they ARE a UFC-caliber fighter. Andy Wang has fought in the UFC before, does beating him put Cole Miller over Shinya Aoki?

Lets look at Hammil's wins in the UFC

Jesse Forbers: Laughing
    Petrezelli: Average
    Rex Holman: Who?
    Boetch: Sucks
    Reese Andy: Terrible fighter
    Munoz: Undersized and was very raw, he had no striking in that fight.

Jones: Hammil got the absolute crap beat out of him till Jones got sloppy. If Jones just got up before he hit the illegal elbow he would have won that fight, this really shouldn't count.

A very UNimpressive list. I'm not talking about Mousasi either BTW, Im talking about Mo. Mousasi is a better win than anything Hammil or Silva have to offer. Fact. If I was talking about Mousasi I would say Babalu, Jacare, Lombard, and possibly Manhoef are better wins than Hammil does and possibly Silva as well.

Im not going into the Wandy vs Liddell argument now, because I don't care who the best was 10 years ago. Both were excellent fighters, the two best LHWs of all time. Great, does it really matter who was first? I hate getting involved in the UFC fanboys vs Pride nuthuggers because I glady don't consider myself one or the other.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Don't forget this was all about,how everyone was saying Mo and Mousasi are both in the top 10 LHW's and I disagreed.

I said it's all hype and not proven,I've gave you there records against LHW's,ones 2-1 and the other is 3-0 and who they have beat in that division,with Mousasi's best win being Babalu,who was not a top 10 LHW fighter when they fought and Mo's being a win over Mousasi.

yet nobody has said why they deserve that ranking

Lombard,Jacare and Manhoef are all MW's

not all of those fighters turned out to be UFC standard fighters(well only 2 on Silva's record),but every single one of them came in on form with winning LHW records far bigger than 3-0 and 2-1,like houston who was on a 8 fight win streak and had just dismantled Sakara and Jardine back to back or Mendes who was 14-2 coming in,anyway overall silva is 14-2 as a LHW and hamill is 8-2(how does that not rank above mo's 3-0 and Mousasi's 2-1 scratch )

and again with hamill,everyone of those fighters had winning records as LHW's going in.

The munoz didn't have any striking in that fight is a bit of a stretch for an excuse isn't it,since he had Ko'd his last two opponents in the WEC and bad striking had nothing to do with eating a monster kick to the head and Reese andy,I remember was considered one of the top guys in the IFL.

and just for the record I loved watching most of the pride fights,you'll get no arguments from me that some of the most exciting MMA fights in history happened there and I still watch and record the best of pride when it's on the TV but I disliked nearly everything about the company,from the people that ran it,some of the rules,the refs and some of the ridiculous match making.
    Now it's just fun listening to alot of hardcore Pride fans that are stuck in the past and think everything Pride was perfect while they can't see any of the faults,or the reasoning why they failed as a company.MMA and it's fighters have progressed a long way since the Pride glory days,yet speak to any of them and they will swear down that if you put the fighters from Pride from that time would destroy any of todays fighters,it's like me saying that my beloved European winning Forest side of the late 70,s early eighties would batter last years barcelona side.

I'm not just a UFC fan,I'm a MMA fan who watches every MMA Org if I can from the UFC to M1,though I do think the western Orgs are better than the asian ones.I just know the best are in the UFC and Pride is no longer around,Pride had something but ultimately they failed,so theres no point in banging on about how great Pride is.

My order of favourite Orgs would be

UFC
    WEC
    Bellator
    Strikeforce
    Dream
    M1
    Sengaku

also if everyone is fed up with this,then I'll stop,it's just the board has been dead lately and starting a discussion with Anfeild usually livens things up as he's never shy in telling you how he thinks it is,which is cool.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Just came back from watching England play balls against the US

My question exactly is who else would be in the top 10?

Babalu was and still is top 15, he was very close to being a top 10 LHW at the time. Babalu is an excellent fighter as well, a win over him is a good win, top 10 or not.

Manhoef has fought as big as HW and he could still be one of the bigger LHWs around, the guy is massive. Jacare and Lombard are also big dudes as well, they aren't smaller than Mousasi.

It doesn't matter what there records before the fight was because they were all fighting cans. Mendes lost his next 4 fights and he was Knocked Out by ERIC SHAEFER! Alexander did well before, mostly because Jardine and Sakara have terrible chins, Sakara sucked at the time, Jardine always gets caught early and he underestimated him beyond beleif.

Reese Andy lost his fight before Hammil, in one of the worst fights ever against Vera. Being one of the IFLs means fuck all, Rolls Gracie Jnr was one of there best as well. Loot at how he turned out. Andy was complete shit, first putting an abysmal performance against Vera and then getting KOed in a minute.

If I rememmber correctly, Munoz KOed them with his awesome brutal GnP. Even if he did KO those guys, they were both shit and haven't been heard of again. But I like Munoz, he is a talented wrestler, he would be a good win except for the fact he is a MW.

Mo Ofc is top 10. Mousasi was top 10 before there fight and he beat him. Mousasi gradually went up the rankings with impressive wins against good fighters, Mo did it with one big win. I'll say it again, Niether Hammil or Silva have a better win than King Mo does.

If you want to look at it like that, what has Jones done to get in the top 10? Officially he lost to Hammil & Vera wasn't top 10 when he beat him. Why is he top 10 then, but Mo is ignored straight away scratch

Now to agree with you, pretty much everything you said about Pride I agree with. Ofc I still go back and watch the great fights but there was a lot wrong with the company. Unlike popular beleif, the judging was often horrible and sometimes I feared they were rigged. Fighters were roiding whenever they wanted ect. The absolute worst for me was the squash style matches they made, made a mockery of MMA as a competition. But Ofc, I am far from being Pride's number one fan in this forum, never mind the world so that in my opinion was what I didn't like about Pride.

I enjoy the UFC as much as every MMA fan, probably more but I just don't think all of there fighters are world class fighters while there are in other orgs.

And personally I've enjoyed are debates, you've made your points well and I liked responding to them. The Pride vs UFC thing isn't where I got involved so I tried to stay out of it, but I see nothing wrong with what you have done.

Now bring on you respone! afro
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:53 am

My top 15 would be

1. Shogun Rua
    2. Lyoto Machida
    3. Rashad Evans
    4. Quinton Jackson
    5. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
    6. Forrest Griffin
    7. Randy Couture
    8. Chuck Liddel Embarassed
    9. Thiago Silva
    10. Ryan Bader
    11. jon Jones
    12. Rich Franklin
    13. Matt Hamill
    14. King Mo
    15. mousasi

Mo Ofc is top 10. Mousasi was top 10 before there fight and he beat him. Mousasi gradually went up the rankings with impressive wins against good fighters, Mo did it with one big win. I'll say it again, Niether Hammil or Silva have a better win than King Mo does.

Mousasi shouldn't of been in the top 10 LHW ranking before that fight for beating babalu,he should of just replaced Babalu in the rankings,who I'd say would of been about 13th.

how can Mousasi gradually climb the LHW rankings with one win over an unranked fighter in Soko?
    if you were being generous he would only climb one place to say 12th and thats only if the guy immediately above him lost at the time.

One win over a guy,that even if he was just in the top 10 should never put you from being completely nowhere in the rankings to a top 10 ranked fighter.
    Fighters have to earn there way up and consistently beat good fighters to climb the rankings,otherwise Matt Serra should still be placed at the top end of the WW top 10,afterall if 1 win over a guy just in the top 10 gets you there,a win over the No1 WW and top 3 P4Per should put you in at about No2 or 3 then shouldn't it.

On your working out Jardine must have been high up in the top 10 after he beat chuck,well higher than mousasi could of ever been after his win over babalu,because Chuck was No1 just before he lost to Rampage,so he couldn't of been much lower than 2-3 at the time,so that must mean silva has a much bigger win than Mo shouldn't it?.
    Hamill doesn't have a bigger win but he has proved himself more worthy of a place with a hard earned 8-2 record and not just 1 win.

you see the rankings can't work like the way that implying,otherwise you could be getting different fighters popping in and out the top 10 all the time,over taking fighters who are earning there stripes in the sport by building impressive solid records,beating people evenly matched with them at the time as they rise up the rankings,like Bader,bones,Hamill and my boy davis are doing.

jones is just outside my top 10 for now,but I have him at 11 because he has earned his place by amassing a good record pre UFC and has continued to improve whilst in the UFC,with four solid wins over four solid fighters and thats why i have him higher because he is there on Merit and not just on one win.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Move everyone up one and add babalu at 15 if it makes you all happy
    I was going to say abit about how chuck was no 1 untill he lost to Rampage,so i'd of dropped him to 2nd,then the jardine loss would of dropped him to 3rd maybe,the win over wandi maintains his position,a loss over rashad,drop him 2 places to 5 and then after shogun,2 more to 7,then I dropped him another place just for being inactive.

but now thats all a load of bollocks because Chuck is shot,finished,but i just couldn't admit it before.

but if he does fight again Wink

because he was winning that rd wasn't he,just like against rashahhhh bollocks forget it,he's shot.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for making a stupid ranking)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:37 am