THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
efils_god
sunthunder
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
Paddyjock
exiledinmanila
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
quicksuperlee
Albion_Oakley
Paolo_73
Ginginho
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Shanemc
Hank Scorpio
23 posters

MMA Calendar Updated

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Calendar Updated - Page 3 Empty Re: MMA Calendar Updated

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 pm

It looks like they will be adding ANOTHER event for November, For BJ and Sanchez, and it will not be PPV, its Networking TV so its FREE and will coincide with Fedor/Rogers in November.

http://mmalinker.com/news/41758/Dana_White_My_Fight_is_with_Showtime,_Not_with_Strikefor.html

Seems like Dana wants to go toe to toe with Strikeforce/Fedor, says signing Fedor will put them out of business........
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Wow cool another UFC event in November!! Thats great news, A great month for MMA! Cant wait to see Fedor back in action, Heres his sparing match with Mousasu... I almost Miss Gi's in MMA, I know they stalled gorundwork at times but I find Judo throws some of the most entertaining things in MMA and Gi's allow them.

Also didnt want to make a new thread for it so though id post the King Mo vs Mark Kerr fight here...

King Mo looked awsome, Slaming a 260lbs guy like that! Mo could well be a contender at Lhw, I would really like to see him against Mousasu next
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 pm

I don't actually think there is an upper limit at hw as far as athletic commisions are concerned. Think ufc just set one and other us orgs just followed suit. There certainly is no upper limit in boxing.
    Anyone know why penn won't fight in the uk? Is it cause there is no ppv share for him ?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Albion_Oakley No Idea about Penn, Maby he got booed and doesnt want to come back? Who knows Penn is very moody!! Its a Shame but if it means an extra UFC card in November its no big loss..

On the weight limit the Unified rules of MMA set my the athletic comission say upper weigh limit is 265lbs and Superheavy has no upper weight limit... Id really love to know how fights can happen in the US and Ignore the comissions rules. Fount out that these states can ignore the rules. "In the following states, MMA is legal but is not regulated by a local commission: Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming" also "Promotions that hold events on Indian reservations are exempt from any restrictions, as they are outside the jurisdiction of state commissions"

Maby that explains it
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:56 pm

You mean your becoming more of a K-1 fan or youy doing some Kickboxing?

A bit of both to be honest, ive always liked K-1 but ive been doing some kickboxing recently so i've taken my intrest to a new level. That first KO with Sefo and Le Banner was sweet, as Rogan would say "on the button" Brilliant recovery.

As for Lashley, im not sure where he could beat Lesner. Certainly not in wrestling, he isn't what you call a JJ wizard, his stand-u is no better, Lesner is bigger and stronger, and maybe quicker as well. Its just a bad match up for Lashley. He should beat Ron Waterman who I think is a former pro wrestler, he doesn't look very good and Lahley should be too much.

Not sure whats going to happen with the event in England now, I hope Bitchping isn't in the main event.

Thanks for the vids, King Mo looked good, I think he can be a huge draw in the US. He has a good future, the Fedor-Mousai fight was fun, Mosasi let ge of some good subs though.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:25 pm

thanks for posting ben the exhibtion was fun and king mo looked good but mark kerr aint the best quality opponent they shold give hima tougher fight next
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Yeah Mousasi let go of a sub... there is talk on MMA boards that he may have been instructed not to tap Fedor.. Who knows maby he didnt have it on propperly or maby he didnt want to go all out in an sparing session, Some cool throws, Fedor Judo is Quality!!!

King Mo's slam was awsome, I think at Lhw he will pull out some Old School Rampage slams! I think him and Arona are the only 2 credible fights for Mousasi outside the UFC
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Few great updates to the Callendar...

The start of Dreams NYE card! Kawajiri will fight the winner of Hellboy vs Aoli for the title! K-1 rules Masato v K-1 World MAX 2009 Championship and the final of the Superhulk tournament!

Unbelievable K-i card too,
    Ewerton Texeira v Singh Jaideep
    Ruslan Karaev v Kyotaro
    Errol Zimmerman v Glaube Feitosa
    Jerome Le Banner v Musashi
    Semmy Schilt v Damiel Ghita
    Peter Aerts v Alistair Overeem
    Badr Hair v Zabit Samedov
    Remy Bonjasky v Melvin Manhoef

Lastly Bigfoot gets Barnett if he wins his next fight!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:26 am

Unbelievable K-i card too,
    Ewerton Texeira v Singh Jaideep
    Ruslan Karaev v Kyotaro
    Errol Zimmerman v Glaube Feitosa
    Jerome Le Banner v Musashi
    Semmy Schilt v Damiel Ghita
    Peter Aerts v Alistair Overeem
    Badr Hair v Zabit Samedov
    Remy Bonjasky v Melvin Manhoef

This looks very good, a lot of good fights there. Im picking Le Banner, Schilt, Hari and Bonjasky to win. The Aerts-Overeem fight is a good one, il go for Aerts though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 am

Ewerton Texeira v Singh Jaideep - Texeira
    Ruslan Karaev v Kyotaro - Kyotaro
    Errol Zimmerman v Glaube Feitosa - Zimmerman
    Jerome Le Banner v Musashi - Le Banner
    Semmy Schilt v Damiel Ghita - Schilt
    Peter Aerts v Alistair Overeem - Overeem
    Badr Hair v Zabit Samedov - Badr
    Remy Bonjasky v Melvin Manhoef - Bonjasky

I think Aerts vs Overeem will be the most exciting one to watch, Overeem will come at him looking at KO early, But Aerts is back in shape, He was at his lowest weight in years at around 240lbs last few fights and looked to be moving a lot lighter on his feet. Aerts and Le Banner are the two Id like to see win, they are two K-1 Legends who have fell short of winning the title a few times.

I trained with a french guy who trains with Le Banner on a regular basis.. he said Le Banner is aheadcase who brings carries a gun with him everywere he called the Gun his "uncle" and said his uncle solves problems for him!!! Scary scary guy!!

I dont think Manhoef has any business in K-1, I know he can bang but he is giving up far too much size for K-1 which is effectivly an openweight tournament, Its one of the best tournaments in ages because Normally Schilt would be the favorite but Badr Hari KO'd him... Badr hari might be the other favorite but Overeem KO'd him!! I think Bonjasky will win.. its normally a safe bet but its a really star studded tournament! Id love to see Overeem meet with Schilt (despite being from the same Gym, but K-1 boys dont have the issue with fighting team mates) or JLB, Id love to see that, I think Le Banner is a nightmare matchup for Overeem.

Wonder if Overeem will be stripped of his title in Strikeforce... how long ago did he win that!!!

Also Mirko Crocop was one of the names being asked for my K-1 fans... Some guys qualify for a place in the 16 with fights and There is usually a fighter or 2 voted in by fans... Its a real shame UFC wouldnt let him fight. They let grapplers compete in ADCC, why not let a Striker Kickbox?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 am

Baroni vs Amir added to UFC 106! Thats shaping up to be some card! Those two will put on a real show, With Amir's chin being a little questionable and Baronis cardio being a little questionable id expect Baroni is going to come of full steam ahead looking for the quick finish... Might be a dangerous Idea against a skilled striker like Amir... Im expecting a really entertaining fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 am

Ye not sure what Manhoef is doing there, he doesn't have the right body or size for K-1, expect an easy win for Bonjasky. A lot of good fights there, would have loved to see Cro Cop there. When is this K1 event? Around the same time as UFC 103 or later, maybe Dana is planning to use Cro Cop frequently and wants him healthy. Still dissapointing. Im picking Hadri for this, i've always felt he has had the potentiol to do well but he messes up too much, I hope to see him in shape and form. The next rounds will be exciting, with the K1 legends possibly facing each other. No Bob Sapp! Smile

Baroni-Amir should be a good fight but im kind of pissed off Amir didn't get a rematch at Hendricks, maybe they thought he was too tough for Amir. This should be a win for Amir because for me, Baroni hs always had poor sub defence and Amir should be able to win. This is a bit risky for Amir though, Baroni hits hard. What really suprised me was Amir's weight, he was 166 I think against Henricks. I see a future at LW.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 am

Manhoef has lost to Bonjasky twice already! I think Hari is a good call to win, Im sure he is dieing to get a rematch with Overeem! I hope he can controll himself this time, He really messed up stomping Bonjasky last time... he threw that fight away because he was doing so well. The event is 26 september, Forgot Crocop wouldnt make sence time wise. Id love to see UFC let their fighers compete in K-1 but since its owned by Dream im sure they wont.

Amir vs Baroni could go either way, Im sure Amir is a heavy favorite as you say the groundgames are so mismatched. But for the 1st 2-3 minutes Baroni is one of the most dangerous guys in MMA... This card is looking good especially if the Lw title shot gets added. You seen the UFC 103 Buildup? Just a not on handspeed seeing as Its a striking card, Swick, Dos Santos and Belfort look to have a huge amount of handseed on their Opponents... Was just something that really stuck out watching that video.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 am

Do you think we will ever see Anderson Silva in K-1 once his 3 fights are over with UFC? He should be 35 when he hangs up the 4ozers and will most likely fight Roy Jones Jr in boxing. Do you think he will retire after that? Maby make a go of boxing? There isnt a huge amount of tallen at 175lbs in Boxing currently and he wont go to 200lbs id say! Above RJJ there is Glen Johnson, Clinton Woods, Antonio Tarver, Bernard Hopkins and of Course Chad Dawson as potential opponents but I see them passing RJJ off as old or shot if Silva could get the win... Having said that I wouldnt rule out the likes of Woods seeing Anderson as a potential big payday if he beat RJJ as he would surely make a name for himself.

But if Boxing wasnt his next career path say he looses to Jones would K-1 be an option? I think Anderons will have 2 or 3 years left in him and im sure K-1 would be a nice payday. If Manhoef can hang with K-1 Guys and win in some cases, perhaps Silva can? I think It would be perhaps a risky move, In Boxing at least he can fight guys his own size but against guys like 265lbs Le Banner or 255 Overeem not to mention Schilt in a Ring as oppose to a cage with less room to be evasive I dont think he would cope. A ring encourages more toe to toe action as do K-1 rules... Id love to see it happen and I think he is done with MMA, If Boxing isnt his only avenue it would be cool to see is his striking really is world class
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Ye im not sure why Manhoef is there, his time would be better spent joining Houstan Alexander in a BJJ school. Laughing The UFC should allow fighters to go on K1, it gives there fighters experience and good expsoure. Plus it makes them happy.

Ye, Sadohalla's chin is a little suspect and Baroni has hard hands, but for me if he wants to be legit in this sport, he HAS to win this. Even Drago was able to choke out Baroni so Amir needs some thing here, I hope he does because I think he is a real nice guy.

I haven't seen the UFC 103 pre-show yet, im planning too and il keep my eyes out for that. I know Swick and Belfort have incredibly fast hands, Dos Santos's hands looked fast against Struve. Either way im picking Kampmann because I think his ground game will be too much, Dos Santos because I think his power will be too much and Franklin because my loyalty is too much Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think Silva would be better at K1 than at boxing, I know he wants to focus on it and he might actually beat Jones who is getting too old now, so in a few years he will be past it. I wasn't to impressed with Jones in his last fight, his opponent (who for the life of me I can't remember) was very poor in my eyes. Either way I can't Silva having too much of an impact in MMA, although for once I will cheer him. Size won't be too much of a problem because he is quite big when he walks around and he looked very big against Griffin, he will be the smaller fighter though so it would be intresting to see how he does.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Sherk injured and out of UFC 104... will be replaced my Josh Neer
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Lil Nog to Debut at UFC 105
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Ramapge vs Evans scrapped as Rampage is off making the A-Team movie!!! Thats shit news Im dieing to see Rampage fight again, That Leaves Evans free after TUF but Who knows how it will all pan out...

Its been replaced on the UFC 107 card with the BJ vs Diego Title fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 pm

fuck.

i think i jinxed it.

"i hope he doesnt take too much time off to make this film"

https://thearmbar.forumotion.com/mma-forum-f1/quinton-aint-getting-on-no-plane-fool-t40.htm
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Haha you did alright!!! Its a real bad move Rampage has been out of action for a good while now. Id expect him to be out for all of 2009 anyway which means he is going to come back with a lot of ring rust... not a good thing for a guy who looks to be struggling to get the job done recently... the Jardine fight was far from impressive and the Forrest loss looks kinda bad now...

I really hope this filming doesnt last too long because Rampage really needs to be training hard to stay on top of such a competitive devision
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Paul Daley replaces Swich at UFC 103
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Calendar Updated - Page 3 Empty Updates

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 pm

Few updates lads.

Dennis Hallman and John Howard look like they will fight at TUF 10 final, not 100% agreed but looks likely as its been reported on most MMA sites...

At UFC 105 its been rumoured that Matt Hughes might figt Mike Swick and also rumoured that Hendo may have a rematch with Lil Nog!

Jay Silva replaves injured Dan Miller against C.B dalloway on the undercard of the next fight night...

And Fedor vs Rogers is rumoured to be in October and not November! Good news all round!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Also sweedish Lhw 22year old prospect Alexander Gustafsson will debut at Lhw at UFC 105... he is a real knockout artist apparently
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Matt Hamill v Jon Jones at TUf 10 final!!! Great figh!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Dennis Hallman and John Howard look like they will fight at TUF 10 final, not 100% agreed but looks likely as its been reported on most MMA sites...

At UFC 105 its been rumoured that Matt Hughes might figt Mike Swick and also rumoured that Hendo may have a rematch with Lil Nog!

Jay Silva replaves injured Dan Miller against C.B dalloway on the undercard of the next fight night...

Good fights, Hallman-Howard will tell us if Hallman is still worth anything or if Howard is legit. Id love to see Hughes vs Swick, that would be Swicks first big test at WW. Same as the Hallman-Howard fight except on a completely higher level.

Not sure about this Silva guy, his second name suggests that he is good but this should be an easy way for CB to get back on track.

Lhw 22year old prospect Alexander Gustafsson

Sounds good, an impressive win and I will be a fan!

Matt Hamill v Jon Jones at TUf 10 final!!! Great figh!!

Now this is a good fight, two up and comers. Hammil is a good fighter, excellent wrestling and good stand-up as well. He only has really lost one fight (we all know about the Bisping debacle) and that was against Rich. Jones's biggest test so far. Great fight!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:45 pm