THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
efils_god
sunthunder
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
Paddyjock
exiledinmanila
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
quicksuperlee
Albion_Oakley
Paolo_73
Ginginho
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Shanemc
Hank Scorpio
23 posters

MMA Calendar Updated

Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

MMA Calendar Updated Empty Re: MMA Calendar Updated

Post  Hank Scorpio Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Great work Ben cheers
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:30 pm

nice one ben! who you guys see winning tonight Gina or Cyborg?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Calendar Updated Empty update

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Strikeforce card added on October 10th, Matt Lindland added to the card, No opponent yet.

Also added Palhares to UFC 105... none of the UFC 105 fights or fighter are confirmed but thats who is looking likely. Ill update it was soon as I hear anything concrete...

As usual if theres anything I miss let me know and Ill add it. Cheers.
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Shanemc wrote:nice one ben! who you guys see winning tonight Gina or Cyborg?

Haven't seen too many of their fights but i'll go with Carano, she's way hotter to be fair, Cyborg if a focking x-file of a bird
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm

On second thoughts Cyborg looks a lot meaner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUICHDB2TJg
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 am

Bitetti Combat looks to be shaping up to be a good card but what is lil nog doing fighting on these smaller shows he needs to be signed by strikeforce/ufc or even dream he has all the talent in the world and would be a force in any org imo
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 am

Ok few updates and Rumours, the M-1 global card has been finalised (thats the main card I posted) There are a couple of recognisable faces but Its a pretty poor card.

Wanderlei Silva wont fight at UFC 105 (so there isnt 1 confirmed figher really!!)

Little Nog has been removed from the Bitetti Combat card as he signed with UFC

Fedor has been removed from Strikeforce 20 as he isnt fighting till November now! Glover Teixeira is actually on the Undercard.. I didnt post the undercard though because he was the only name I recognised, Im sure they arent happy with UFC for stealing Belfort and Nog!!!

Don Frye fights Big rising Heavy Dave 'Pee Wee' Herman in september after pulling out of M-1

Sengoku 10 card has only 3 fighters left, Big Foots opponent as well as Takimoto and Izumi's opponents... im sure the card will be finalised soon, Im looking forward to seeing Big Foot fight again after his last fight being cut short. I hope they get a decent opponent.... Man up Josh Barnett!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 am

Also added a few rumours... Matt Serra v Phil Baroni is being rumoured at Ww as the battle of New York! with UFC looking to move into New York this is the perfect fight to headline.

Another very interesting fight at Welter is Nick Diaz going to Dream in October (Dream 11 or 12) to fight Mach Sakurai!! There isnt drug testing over there so he can be high as a kite and fight to his hearts content. Coker said he is happy to let him do so. Also his people are talking to the comission the get his licence back to set up a Ww title fight when he returns to Strikeforce!! Big things ahead for Diaz!

The Mw title Situation is really up in the Air for Dream and Strikeforce... Jake Shields, Mayhem Miller and Ronaldo Souza are all set to fight... only problem is they cant make up their minds who is fighting who. There was talk of Paolo Filho replacing whoever is short a title contender. Last I heard Mayhem vs Shields was the fight they were trying to make after originally wanting Jacare... Ill be interested to see how this all pans out!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:31 pm

demargues johnson vs peter sobotta confirmed for ufc 105
    Hank Scorpio
    Hank Scorpio
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Hank Scorpio Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:36 pm

I know it's not really an issue at present with the relatively low amount of threads but for future ref it might be an idea to sticky this thread
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:46 am

Cheers Shane, appreciate the update. Heres the other updates for 105...

James Wilks v Matt Brown
    Lw: Ross Pearson v Aaron Riley
    Ww: Damarques Johnson v Peter Sobotta
    Lw: Andre Winner v Roli Delgado
    Lw: Paul Kelly v Dennis Siver

Also Bitchping will be fighting, So glad Kelly is fighting he is one of my fav UFC fighters and I dont understand why he isnt every Brits favorite too!! What a cool guy and what a banger!!

Anyway other updates,

As im sure he all know Lesnar vs Carwin at UFC 106. Ben Rothwell will step in to fight Valesquez.. both of those fights make much more sence to me.. Great matchmaking Joe Silva Honestly that guy diserves a bit of Bonus for that!! Gormley is without an opponent (Buentello isnt in UFC by the way I just found out... But Yvel is in! Why not him?)

Also we got Alessio Sakara v Rousimar Palhares at TUF 10 final

On the rumours theres Anderson Silva v Frank Mir at heavyweight and Thiago Alves v Paulo Thiago

A big HAHA to M-1, John Doyle?? (who?) replaces Nick Thompson, one of the few recognisable names on the card!!

And heres a crazy one for you Filho is calling out Mousasi, With Mousasi shit out of luck being stuck with no opponents this could well be a passible fight but its not even a rumour for now, who knows what they will do with Mousasi once the Superhulk tournament is over...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:05 am

I've heard rumours that The Cunt will be facing Denis Kang. If the real Kang shows up, he could beat Bisping. If the UFC version turns up then Bisping has another can.

Also, Penn vs Sanchez being rumoured as the main event. I would be very surprised if this happened but i'm hopeful it will.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Yes mate looks like they are all happening, Bitchping vs Kang should be a good one, I think even this out of sorts Kang will take the win. Diego vs Penn is a good one.. im tempted to flyover for the event now Also Kim Dong-hyun vs Dan Hardy

At Dream 12 the following fighters area all exected to compete. Kazushi Sakuraba, Alistair Overeem, Paulo Filho, Katsunori Kikuno, Yoshiro Maeda, Andrews Nakahara, Murilo Rua and Kiyoshi Tamura!! (Ive just been reading up on Tamura, hes someone I never payed much attention to I didnt realise how much of a Legned he is!!) This event there will be something big happening, Either a Cage or a different Type of Ring!!! cant wait to hear what it is!

Stefan Struve steps in to fight Chase Gormley on the undercard of UFC 104

I was reading up on Igor Vovchanchyn as a possibility for the HOF because someone pointed out he lost a fight by "Chin in the Eye" And saw it was Mikhail Illoukhine who did it... reading up Further Mikhail has 2 wins my Chin in the eye!!! haha what a scumbag!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 am

Update: Dan Severn is fighting Dave Huckaba (11-3) tonight!! Its Dans 4th fight this year and 113th overall in his MMA career. Not bad going for a man in his 50's!! God if only Dan Severn was an exciting fighter... he would be my favorite ever!! I have so much respect for him for fighting so often and winning so often at his age, then I watch his fights and im so disapointed, He has quite possibly the most dull style in MMA ever..
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:34 am

Ray Sefo fighting at Strikeforce!!! Sefor is just about the biggest badass alive, He floored Schilt beat Jerome Lebanner, Peter Aerts, Mike Bernardo, Bob Sapp, Mark Hunt in K-1 and is 1-0 in MMA, He trains at Xtreme couture.

He has boxed done MMA and K-1 and had over 80 fights in total I think loosing by a headshot KO once or tiwce... he is renound for his powerfull striking including Kicks that are like Crocops and incredible chin, I think he will be a wrecking machine in MMA ID recomend watching his fight with Hunto if you hants seen it... he sticks his chin in the Air and lets Hunt rattle off a combo!! Anyway its Kevin Jordan that he will fight, a UFC reject not that terrible a figter, a passible 2nd fight. Zak Cummings replaces Cyborg Santos who is injured and wont make the event... hope it wasnt domestic violence! Laughing

Also added is Alvarez to the Dream 12 card, And at Dream 11 Zelg Galesic has been removed and is now a free agent aparently in talks with strikeforce and UFC.. Tatsuya Kawajiri and Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto will fight at Dream 11... no named opponents. So the Dream title fight between Mayhem miller and Jacare is off and both are expected to fight at Strikeforce 20. Mayhem has confirmed that it will be him who gets the shot a Shields for the Interum Mw title, or perhaps a new Welterweight title that Diaz was expected to compete for! Strange move... I wonder what will happen with the Dream Title? Could they narrow it down to 1 title between 2 organisations?

Senkoku 10 card near finalised with Ron Sparks being named as Big Foots opponent (see other article)

Murilo Rua vs. Alex Stiebling is happening at Bitetti Combat, he replaces little Nog, he was originally rumoured for dream 11 but it looks like he is off to fight in brazil at Lhw...

Anyone else got an update let me know... cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Karo Parisyan v Dustin Hazelett added to UFC 106 and the WEC 43 event moved to 10th september because Ben Henderson was injured...

Thats all. Just read that Ray Sefo has the highest percentage KO ratio in K-1 Hitory!!! Jesus I cant wait to see him in MMA again. When you think about, Hoost, Schily, Bonjasky, Aerts, Le Banner, Manhoef, Hunt, Might MO, Choi... etc.. I cant believe he has more KO power than any of these guys. I would say he is easily the hardest hitter in MMA... I hope he isnt too old to make an impact. He would be a great opponent for Brett Rogers I reckon
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 pm

I think Dong Hyun vs Hardy could be a great fight good match making by Joe Silva who ever wins he is probably another a win away from the unfortunate honor of being GSP's bitch for 5 Rounds Very Happy

Like Pearson but Reilly is going fuck him up same with Matt Brown vs Wilkes Brown is going to tare through him usually TUF winners get a few cans to start with what the hell is going on you'd think Zuffa don't care about their money making programme stars Laughing

The Cunt as he is so affectionately known as has a hard fight with Kang as i said in an earlier thread Denis is prone to switching off and dropping clangers so Bisping could very likely pull off a Belcher.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:01 am

I hope Sugarfoot does well. That fight with Hunt was brilliant, each of them taking combos on the chin and laughing at each other!!!

Quite a few years ago I watched Ray Sefo train and spar with David Tua in south Auckland and it was quite scary. The power that both of them had was unbelievable.

Interestingly enough, his only MMA fight was a win over Min Soo Kim, which was considered enough of a feat by the UFC to fast track Brock to a title shot!!! Wink
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 am

George Yeah the Hardy fight will be a good one, although I dont see a title shot in the near future for either man! GSP will have to make someone else his bitch for now!! On GSP heres a crazy one but if UFC could get a hold of Cung Le I dont see why he couldnt go straight into a title shot and its not like he is a big 185er... Id like to see that fight more than anything they have lined up for him. I think the Cunt is going to loose, your spot on Kang is hot and cold in MMA but I think even a 60% Kang is going to own Bitchping on the ground... im hoping Hardy wins, Bitchping looses and papers like the Sun pay a different Brit attention!!

Ging, You saw Tua and Sefo Spar!!!! thats awsome, Im a big Tua fan! Ive always like watching "islanders" fight... I know that not the rigth term but you know, Samoan types, they can all bang like they have a cartoon horseshoe on the glove and all have a Chin like Hendo wearing a crash helmet! Tua has the 2nd most 1st round KO's ever in Boxing history (next to Tyson) and has never been Knocker down... eriously why isnt he Bulldozing Shite heavys like Ruiz again and showing he is a top heavy... Id back him against anyone but Vital, He woud surely find that chin of his brothers over the 12 rounds...

Anyway howd the sparing go? Did Sefo hold his own? Also did he have that rocking flattop! lol! What a 90's cut!! Ive always wanted to see another K-1 boy succeed in MMA, His Kicks are dynamite.. his 1 MMA win has shite but if he has a half decent groundgame or some BJJ why wouldnt he do good? heavys can be one dimentional in some ways... Lesnar is just a big wrestler, Rogers is just a big Brawler....Werdum cant strike etc.. So I think a 250lbs Safo will tear holes in any heavy that will stand with him... Id love to see him KO Mercer!!! Or even going after big Timbo or Arlovski I really hope he does well because I used to be a K-1 fan before I was a hardcore MMA fan and I remember seeing Sefo in the glory days of K-1.... how I miss those days when I has on TV and Hoost was rattling out 10strike combos!!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 am

Cung Le vs GSP would be awesome. Cung is one of my favourite fighters just for his crazy style, as well as the fact that he starred in Tekken and can't be arsed to fight more than once a millennium. GSP would almost certainly beat the living shit out of him just like he does everybody else, but he'd go down swingin'!

And more importantly, congrats on the ankle biter Ben! Returning from the hospital just after the birth to update the MMA calendar is surely one of the best ever moves in the history of new fatherhood Very Happy

I'll look out for RudeboyBen'sSon_'09 in the cage in 20yrs time cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks V.Much Paolo and anyone else Ive missed, hes a great wee kid, a big bruiser with big au'l paws.. everyone said he had massive hands and feet and he isnt cursed with my Dwarf length legs (thanks for that Mrs Rudeboy)!! Ill be showing him an armbar by the time he can walk!!

Im a massive cung fan as well, I was watching his fight with Tony Fryklund last nite, Seeing him land 3 spinning heel kicks, an axe kick and a sidekick that sent him staggering across half the ring into the cage was so impressive. He hit him with a right hook-spinning backfist combo too.... I think he is one of the most entertaining fighers in MMA... Has he gone to the ground in any fights? I imagine he is hard to takedown, he is quite stocky for a Mw and his wrestling looks good in Sanshou I was him perform all sorts of slams including a german suplex!!

I think he would give GSP a good fight, He is really unorthadox so every hard to perpare for, I reckin GSP would win but if Serra can pull out a flule KO Cung Le has to have a lot more of a chance to land that KO blow... and he hits hard, his kicks are dynamite, his legkicks look like Ernesto Hoost and he has heavy hands, He pawed Frykland with a glancing left hook and dropped him... I suppose in 6 fights Its hard to judge but I think he would be a much tougher opponent than the winner of Swick vs Kampmann. He is undefeated in his whole fighting career since over a decade ago... pretty impressive stuff!

Next for Cung should be the winner of Mayhem Miller vs Jake shields to unify the titles, I think he will batter either of these guys and hopefully will be recognised as a top 10 figher if he does. He said he will fight before the end of the year... I wonder if it will be against the winner of that fight or if he will want a warmup fight?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Nik Lentz replaces Dan Lauzon at UFC 103... Dan was just resigned to the UFC from Affliction shutting down, he threw out his back in training
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Mayhem vs Cung would be explosive! There would be crazy spinning back fists and scissor kicks going off all over the place! I just rewatched him against GSP from the second Randy vs Chuck card the other night and had totally forgotten what a maniac the guy is. Just seems to love taking punishment as well as giving it, and is one of those fighters that you can tell just loves the sport.....

I think if Cung landed a few kicks to GSP's midsection he could take him out, given that he kicks like an absolute mule... Reports have suggested that even just holding Cung's bag in sparring is likely to end in tears. But I reckon GSP would be too elusive, he won't just stand there looking to trade like Frank did. The size advantage wouldn't be there for GSP though so it could be interesting...
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 am

Ben - don't remember much about the sparring, to be honest, other than it wasn't that intensive. It would have been early in Tua's career and quite early in his training program so they weren't hitting each other too hard. It must have been a half hearted spar because they were wearing lava lava's!!! (those island skirts similar to sarongs)

The thing I remember the most was them hitting the pads and bags!!! They would reel off combos and the noise was as loud as an amplified drum kit and would shake the training gyms foundations. The hand speed was incredible.

I grew up in South Auckland, which is the Islander capital of the world (more PIs live there than in their home countries) and there are bigger, badder dudes than those like Tua, Sefo and Hunt - they are just too lazy to get serious and do their fighting in the pub!! Nothing scarier than a drunk Tongan!!!! affraid

I also loved Tua - I still remember the Ruiz fight and thinking, after Tua had knocked him out, "Fuck man, that dude could be dead!!!" Smile I think the loss to Lewis and then his contractual issues with his manager took a lot of the fight out of him and he hasn't been himself since. He is due to fight on October 3 against NZ's latest half decent heavy weight, Shane Cameron, in New Zealand. I am hoping Tua knocks this dude senseless and puts himself back in the picture. With such a hard head and wicked left hook, he has probably at least 40% of winning any fight.

I once pissed Mark Hunt off too but that's another story.... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:57 pm