THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
efils_god
sunthunder
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
Paddyjock
exiledinmanila
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
quicksuperlee
Albion_Oakley
Paolo_73
Ginginho
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
Shanemc
Hank Scorpio
23 posters

MMA Calendar Updated

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Calendar Updated - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Calendar Updated

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 am

Shane Cameron is one seriously big guy! I havnt seen much of him but hope Tua can blow him away, I hope Tua can make one last run at the title... I think he should batter Ruiz again, maby go after Sam Peter (that would be a great slugfest)

What happened with Hunt!!!??? Shocked wrong guy to piss off... anyone who beat Wand and Mirko should be talked to like "yes sir, no sir" while being polite at all times, laughing at his jokes and avoiding eye contact!!! lol!

my brother lived in australia and said the islanders were always doormen, when they drank after work none of them could handle their drink.. and like you said they are scary guys drunk! Must have been a scary place to go out drinking! Were do you live now?

I dont know wether its being lazy or its in the genes, Hunt was under contract to Zuffa when pride was bought over but couldnt make 265lbs to fight for them!! Shame cause I always said he would have battered Sylvia back then. I also like Mighty Mo! that Hong man Choi KO was superb!!
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Mighty Mo has hands like bricks, his KO of Botha was just scary
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Rob McCullough vs. Anthony Pettis added to WEC 44

Fedor vs Brett Rogers added to the November strikeforce card Also Jacare is being lined up to fight Robbie Lawlor... Strange move giving Mayhem the shot over him seeing as Jarcare beat him in the Dream Gp... I think thats rediculous Bios to an American figher and I think its down to nothing but Mayhem being from the US...

Aslo the Sengoku 10 card is complete, Antonio Silva's next opponent was reported wrong, It will be "Big" Jim York, A massive New Zelander who flattened James "Glass Jaw" thompson with a jab in his last fight. he is 10-2 and has finished all 10 inside the distance...

Thats all the updates for now, as usual let me know if you all find anything before me, Cheers
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Anyone else piss off a fighter..i once REALLY pissed off Rampage..i hade to run outa the gym to stop him killing me!!!!
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm

How did you piss off Rampage?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Clay Guida vs Kenny Florian is rumoured for UFC 106, not confirmed yet but ill just add it for now.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 pm

2 fights announced for the Goldenglory show...

Alistair Overeem v Mighty Mo and Valentijn Overeem v Daniel Puder!! Both MMA rules, Funny Overeem being ok to fight Mo in October and at Dream in October but he wasnt fit to fight Fedor... Could it be that he doesnt want to fight in the US just yet? I saw a video on some dutch website and he looks a little smaller, Maby he is waiting till all the "Supliments" are out of his system. Good to see him brother Valentijn back in action, he really has had a hit and miss career but some really big win in there.

Schilt is fighting in a K-1 rules match but im getting mixed reports on the opponent, Ill post it when I find out for sure
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Not sure if its a good fight for Overeem, not because I don't think he can win but because its one of those win nothing-lose everything type of fights. Mo is still inexperinced, he has a good win ot two but Overeem is a tough fight. Its not good for either fighter but it should be a fun one to watch. Overeem looks like he was juicing, can't garuntee it but it looks like it. I know he does weed for sure, but lets be fair, He is Dutch. Laughing

Now V Overeem vs Puder is a good fight, Overeem is somewhat of a veteren, his record doesn't look good at 26-22 but he does have some good wins over Randy and Babalu. Puder is a good young fighter, he is 7-0 but has fought cans thus far. This is his biggest test to date and we will see if Overeem can continue or if Puder is a star in the making.
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 pm

well its quite a funny story!!!

I cross train ju-jitsu and Muay thai at a fella called Dave Jackson's gym in Warrington where im from (Dave Jackson is the Woflslair Muay thai trainer and appeared on TUF 10 with Bisping), so it was just before Rampage was fighting Wandy Silva and Rampage is training in the gym with Dave praticing low leg block to combat Wandys muay thai leg kicks..and im at a lesson too and after the lesson im feeling good about myself and me being a total mma anorak i wander over to Rampage and say ' good luck against wandy, hope you beat him' while shaking his hand type of thing!!!
    And then i uttered the words ' and dont let high octane happen again' (high octane was a PRIDE event in which Rampage and Wandy fought for i think the middleweight belt, in which Rampage took i think 16 knees to the head and promply was knocked out went through the ropes with blood poring from his nose,its quite a gruesome knockout)with that he got up swore at me 'told me to get the f@ck away from him' and marched to the bathroom swearing to himself..well im stood there like an idiot saying 'what did i say' to Zak lighter who just ignores me and shakes his head..so i legged it outa the gym looking behind me every couple seconds..

havant been able to stop everyone who goes there from ribbing me yet!!!

Morale of the story...dont ever remind fighters of their losses, no matter how smart you think you are!!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:52 pm

quicksuperlee haha that wasnt the smartest thing to do!! Though Rampage has a sence of humour! Obviously painfull memories for him!! Wish Wandy had KO'd him a 3rd time... I hope Shogun gets a 2nd fight with Rampage and mauls him again. I like Rampage but Id love to see Shogun KO him.

Chelsea I agree Mo is a dangerous fight. He has only been KO'd with a headshot once in his Boxing/MMA/K-1 career so he has a chin like Granite (comes with being a samoan I think) and he has crazily heavy hands. Overeem hasnt a lot of balls for a big figher, When he gets tagged he cowers away sometimes (Although hasnt recently) Look at when Sergi TKO'd him Overeem got tagged and turned to run!! Having said that Mo has no groundgame to speak of.. Schilt tapped him in the worst triangle ive ever seen... not in MMA even in my Gym!! It was so sloppy. Really Overeem should take it to the ground and tap him as he did Mark Hunt although Mo is bigger (a couple of inches taller and 15-20lbs bigger I think) as well as hitting harder than Hunt, He has a much higher KO percent... So there is a lot of risk and little reward in this fight. But Seeing as Overeem is fighting later than month I think he wasnts an easy win. Overeems takedowns are good and his groundgame is underrated.. Mo's build makes him a bit useless on the ground and I think Overeem will take the fight down and finish him in the 1st by a few knees to the body in side controll then a Kimura....

V.Overeem vs Puder is a much more interesting fight... I completley forgot he beat Babalu, By Big wins I ment Couture and Ian Freeman (the Freeman fight had the worst ref ever, V.Overeem finished him with constant knees to the back of the head!!) But to be honest he has more bad losses than good wins... I hope he can put Puder away because a lot of Wrestling fans would again use it as a case for WWE being better than MMA! Although Puder is kinda cool because he got Angle in a Kimura and was going to go against the script and tap him!! lol! Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:22 pm

that isnt cool, if Randy didnt show up tomorrow it wouldnt be cool.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Ye Overeem has a suprisingly good ground game, he has 17 wins by sub, more than KOs so I feel its pretty good. However I agree about him not having balls for a big fighter. Him tapping from punches against Arona sticks out for me, for some reason. Overeem is one of my favourite HW fighters and that kind of thing was dissapointing. Mo has some power in his hands but as you said, no gorund game. Its in Overeems best interest to take him down, that story of Shilt tapping him with an awful triangle made me laugh. This should be a routine win for Overeem, but its slightly risky.

Now as for Puder-V Overeem, I am looking forward to this, Puder is a MMA fighter first, only the stupid WWE fans will talk about how they are the best. This fight will show me personally if Puder can do somthing in MMA, his career has been hidured by injury so far, he is 7-0 against genuine cans. Im interested to see how he does, on the other hand a win for Overeem will get him back on track. He has some poor losses and some excellent wins.

And Puder trying to break Angle's arm was hiliraous, a bit stupid and uncalled for but it was funny. It was actually that momment that made me interested in MMA.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Chelsea I reckon Overeem Beats Mo by Sub in the 1st and Puder beats V.Overeem Ud I think. V.Overeem is hot and cold... but more often Cold. He just doesnt turn up in top form often enough and like you say Puder is undefeated (even if they were all cans).

Have you seen the training videos on the UFC site for 102? T.Silva has a real tough life! It was like something out of City of God!! real Brazilian slums... I like him and Keith I agree Keith should be the bookies favorite and I think im taking a chance on the predictions league going for Thaigo but I see him scoring a TKO by GnP... Wouldnt mind either winning as with Nog vs Couture im a fan of both so Im not bothered who wins... same with Maia vs Nate also!!! Its a good event because I like all the guys in the top fights so I wont feel gutted if someone looses.

Apart from Gonzaga that is... I really want him to do well because I love watching him and feel he has been a little unlucky in his career at times. Id hate to see that Fat headded Lesnar clone beat him!

Forgot you were a pro wrestling fan! You and Chesty both! I havnt watched it in ages because It isnt Vader Time anymore! affraid I saw Lashley on TNA wrestling.. Hope he doesnt mess up his body and get hooked on pain killers!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 pm

http://www.tapoutlive.com/media/7640/082709_TapouT_Radio_Ray_Sefo/

Interview with K-1 Legend Ray Sefo...

During the interview Ray confirms that he has a 4 fight contract with Strikeforce.
    The contract is an open contract allowing him to compete in K-1 or elsewere.
    He confirmed that after this figth his next one will be on teh October strikeforce card...

Also talks about the Choi fight and his part in teh film once were warriors!!! I didnt noice him in it!!! and mentions his training with Xtreme Couture and a possible rematch with Mark Hunt in MMA!!

Ray came across as a really funny guy.. If Mark Hunt can beat Crocop and Wandy in MMA I dont see why Ray cant make a big impact on MMA... especially because unlike Hunt he is light enough to compete as a heavyweight anywere! Ive added him to the october strikeforce card
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Ben,

Thats what dave said to me that rampage has a good sence of humur. i wasnt prepared to find out...hes huge..so have a guess what i say to other fighter coming into the gym to train with Dave...thats right....... nothing..i keep my big mouth shut!!!!!! And just watch them!!!!
    One of Dave trainers went to the wolfslair to work with rampage on the bags for a night..he couldnt walk for days afterwards!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:52 pm

I havent ever seen Puder fight in mma, is he a real hot prospect or not?

I havent followed wrestling closely since well er, well Brock was in it at the time when i stopped caring ironically , but i appreciate the athletes in it and the showmanship etc.etc. and i have a soft spot for the unique show/art/corrupted-sport that it is .
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Chelsea I reckon Overeem Beats Mo by Sub in the 1st and Puder beats V.Overeem Ud I think. V.Overeem is hot and cold...

Ye I think so as well, my predictions as well, although I think Puder might finish Overeem in the third. Im picking Silva as well, he just needs to go in and bang like Wandy and Alexander did to Jardine. Jardine has Jackson on his side and has a good work ethic, although I have a feeling that Silva is getting more serious about MMA, Machida was a wake up call. Silva is good on the ground, he gets in good positions to GnP you. I respect both Nog and Randy to no end, im picking the natural but Id maybe want Nog to win so he can continue his career and so Randy can drop down.

I like Maia but Nate's on of my favourites so I have to cheer him, and I think he will keep it standing and batter Maia. Id also like to see Leben and Vera win. Also Gonzaga because I think he should have had the belt atleast once by now, he keeps screwing up on the biggest stage beside the Cro Cop win. I think he doesn't fight well under pressure, against Cro Cop no one and there mums gave him a chance, pressure off he Cro Cops Cro Cop. Against Werdum he was arguably favourite and failed. Same against Carwin, even though against both guys he started off very well. I think he beats Tusherer, I think by sub round one.

I like watching pro-wrestling from time to time, like Chesty I haven't paid as much attention since Lesner left but I keep up with it, but if there were ever an MMA vs Rasslin debate, id be on MMA's side for sure. I don't really see it as a sport, more entertainment but I apreciate that most of them are athletes.

Lashley won't have time to screw his body up, he is only there to pay the bills, its a good deal for him and TNA because he is a draw. Its a little amusing that he calls himself one of the greatest MMA fighters ever though Laughing

Good to hear Sefo is fighting soon, he seems like a nice guy and is my second favourite K1 fighter after Hadri. Good to see a few Kiwis getting involved in MMA. He also boxed for a while. Training at Xtreme Couture should help his skills develop since he will be training with very good fighters.

I havent ever seen Puder fight in mma, is he a real hot prospect or not?

He was seen as a hot prospct in his earler days at Strikeforce because he dominated opponents but injuries have hindered his progress. He was a bit more known after winning the TUF WWE show or whatever. He was hyped up as a HW star of SF, I hope he fullfils his potentiol, a possible future opponent for Fedor.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:58 pm

quicksuperlee Rampage came down to my Brothers Boxing club "The Dockers" in Belfast... He wasnt there that day n raging he missed him... Id love to know what Boxers though of his Boxing skills? They have come on a lot,

The nearest Ive ever came to a pissed off MMA fighter is when me and my Brother were waiting to talk to fighters after UFC and I walked over to Tyson griffin and asked for a Photo he said to hold on 2 seconds while he signed an autograph for the person he has with... My Brother said "Fuck it, he's shite and he lost anyway"!! Tyson didnt look too amused, My Brother just though Guida was robbed and he was raging about it!! could have turned Ugly!! Tyson is realyl small in the flesh. He is built but im only 5"7 and he looked shorter than me!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 am

Puder has looked decent, he can do it all, he can strike, wrestle and has good subs... But having said that he has beat absolutly nobodys, Ive never heard of anyone he has beat so its a case of a carefully managed career, After 8 fights im glad he is fighting someone we recognise!!

Guess you guys were big Lesnar fans then! The only man to beat 2 american heros... Randy Couture and Hulk Hogan! Laughing I watched a bit of TNA and it seems more focused on the action, Slams and flipping top rope moves and less on the Soap opera WWE seems to be. I hope Lashley doesnt stay too long cause Wrestlers all seem to die very early or get hooked on painkillers, they all seem to fail the "wellness Policy" I dont really like Lashley, Wrestlers are boring to watch in general but he is a good prospect and Id hate to loose him to Pro Wrestling becaus of the pay difference.

I cant wait to see Sefo fight again, Clearly his next one is suppose to be a warm up if he is fighing in October... I wonder who againt? Strikeforce hardly has a deep heavyweight devision. Realistic options are, Sergi (as Dream are lending Overeem and Strikeforce have talked about lending him) Buentello or Yvel ( Both didnt sign with UFC as reported) Werdum (But I dont see Sefo being thrown it at the deep end) Hunt (But he cant fight at heavy in Strikeforce) Anyone else? James Thompson said he is looking to return to Strikeforce... Maby they would pick up Ray Mercer or Tim Sylvia? Not Arlovski as he is Boxing next...
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 am

Ben Lashley won't stay for long, he is just paying the bills. He only left the WWE to concentrate on MMA, they were going to turn him into a star there. This is just a quick paycheck, he says he wants to fight soon. He wants to fight Lesner apparantley, I don't think he can win but it would be a huge event for the UFC.

Sefo is meant to fight former UFC fighter Kevin Jordan. He is 11-7 (0-2) in the UFC and has lost to Gonzaga, Buentello, Wiuff and Correira while beating former TUF fighter Kerry Schall. (the wonders of Wikipedia Laughing) Hopefully an easy win for Sefo, im really becoming more of a K1 fighter as of late.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 am

You can take BJ Sanchez off the UFC 105 card now.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:22 am

Yes mate Jordan is on the MMA callendar thats his warmup fight... Its one of those small Strikeforce events (ShoMMA) But he is going to be on the main Strikeforce card in October (strikefoce 20) You mean your becoming more of a K-1 fan or youy doing some Kickboxing?

Lashley is in over his head calling out Brock, I even asked Wrestling fans if he could even stack uo physically and apparently he diesnt even match up strength wise... I dont know what he would bring to the table to beat Brock! He fights Ron Waterman in October, Waterman is another Huge guy who should be a pushover... hes like a White less dangerous Sapp!! Again Lashley is taking on a superheavyweight... I really want to find the official line on why certain organisations can Ignore the Heavyweight upper limit?? No one seems to know!! If he wants to get serious I dont see why he doesnt go after a wrestling based MMA fighter smaller than him... Monson is who I think would be Ideal... Monson is a top 15ish Heavy and would really show if Lashley can go beyone beating the likes of Jason Guida

Ill remove Sanchez vs Bj I hear Bj doesnt want to fight in the UK.. so theyre making another event in November? Or will they fight at 106? Im not sure what the official line is but I head they are making another November event in the US
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:35 am

Yeh i heard same as you that they will make another event for November, i personally cant see it happening and think they will fight at 106.
    So does that mean there is now one big fight still available for 105? i hope so and here is a rumour for you!

http://mmalinker.com/news/41736/Dana_Anderson_is_too_big_for_GSP.html

Anderson Silva.... UFC105.........? bounce

I wont get my hopes up though Sad
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:51 am

Good KO against one of my other favorite K-1 guys

Hillarious Video of Eastman running his mouth after the fight.. something he prob regretted after Ray dropped him!

redmeanie77 yes mate heard about Silva vs Hendo 2 at 105 but also Hear nothing confirmed till after Nate vs Maia.. I think Dana will do Maia vs Silva if Maia wins as its a new match... I just dont see Hendo fighting him at 105, Ive heard he wants the winner before Silva himself!! Shame Wand is off the Card,id have flown over for it... now he looks like a freak Crying or Very sad
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

MMA Calendar Updated - Page 2 Empty penn off 105 card

Post  exiledinmanila Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 am

so our main event is now bitchping? wtf! this card is now garbage,a real insult to uk fans,the card in germany was much better.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm