THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+23
elmatadorafa
superlee
Heterocyclic
The_Axe_Emperor
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Paddyjock
Jud_Danger
Albion_Oakley
sunthunder
mikeyboybisping
George_Louis_Costanza@who
TomHughes1983
Ginginho
payneNglory1
Moose Stuff For Money...
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
hendos_right_hook
Shanemc
redmeanie77
pinsman
rudeboyben84
27 posters

MMA Calendar

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

MMA Calendar - Page 20 Empty Re: MMA Calendar

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Cheers mate ill have them updated tonight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 am

Texas based mixed martial arts fight promotion company, Shark Fight Promotions, confirmed today that Paul “The Headhunter’” Buentello will take on undefeated prospect Bryan Humes in the main event at Shark Fights 11. The winner of Humes vs. Buentello will be in contention for Shark Fights Heavyweight Title, currently held by Darrel Schoonover. Shark Fights 11 will take place on Saturday, May 22nd, at Ector County Coliseum in Odessa, Texas.

Brent Medley, President of Shark Fight Promotions had this to say, “As soon as we found out Buentello was available, we approached him about headlining Shark Fights 11. Buentello agreed and the rest is history. We are thrilled to have a fighter of his caliber on the card.”

Buentello (27-12) hails from Amarillo Texas and is a Strikeforce, Affliction and UFC veteran. The heavyweight contender is currently training with former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans and has one goal in mind, to make it back into the UFC. Buentello, who also trains the Midland Texas Police Department in hand-to-hand combat, is focused on adding some solid wins to his record. Standing in his way is Bryan Humes, currently undefeated in his MMA career.

Humes (7-0), representing Drysdale Jiu Jitsu is an up and coming mixed martial artist known for his exceptional muay thai skills. Humes plans to maintain his flawless record by defeating Buentello, undoubtedly his toughest and most notable opponent to date. Humes trains out of Las Vegas, Nevada at the Knuckle Up Training Center, where he also instructs Jiu Jitsu. This top heavyweight contender has trained with A-list coaches such as Mark Beecher, who was the assistant coach for the Ultimate Fighter Season 7, and Master Bebeo Duarte from Brazilian Top Team. He has also trained with top fighters such as Forrest Griffin, Mike Pile, Evan Tanner, and Amir Sadollah.Medley had this to say about the main event match up, “We chose an opponent for Buentello that is just as tough as the A-list fighters he has faced in Strikeforce and the UFC. Humes is the real deal. He is a well-rounded fighter that will test Buentello at every level. Humes has a solid wrestling background, exceptional muay thai skills, holds a purple belt in jiu jitsu, and remains undefeated in his MMA career. Buentello and Humes are both highly skilled contenders with fight styles that match up well. This is going to be a very compelling fight. I can’t wait to see who will have their hand raised at the end of the fight. It could go either way.”

Shark Fights 11 Official Fight Card:

Bryan Humes vs. Paul Buentello
    Derek Campos vs. Luis Luna
    Clinton Holcomb vs. Lance Bartholomew
    Tony Castillo vs. Clayton Hantz
    Joseph Sandoval vs. TBA
    Armando Herrera vs. Chase Watson
    Jason Sampson vs. Jeremiah Castillo
    Derek Cansino vs. TBA
    Tony Aranda vs. Jeremy Valdez
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Matt Mitrione and Joey Beltran might fight each other at UFC 117
    Heterocyclic
    Heterocyclic
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Heterocyclic Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Mitrione v Beltran could be interesting. Get in Matt!

Buentello will need to win that one as well if he wants back in to the UFC.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Thing is Buentello would beat either of them, I think they were a little hasty to cut him. I dont know if we will see him back in the UFC at his age.

Maby we will see him fight Titties for the Title in this promotion? Thats a winable fight... a Rematch with Ricco or a fight with Monson would make sence because they are both Free agents too...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 pm

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 am

Cyborg vs Whitemare is quite a random fight but should be a lot of fun What a Face
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 am

Cheers for all the updates lads, all up to date now! Whitemare vs Cyborg will be a war! I think Cyborg is much better than his record suggests, he will be a monster at 170! I wonder if he will have trouble making the cut?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Don King Files Injunction Against Ricardo Mayorga, Shine Fights

Looks like Don King will not being going away easily for Shine Fights and Ricardo Mayorga. The boxing promoter has filed an injunction to try and preview Mayorga from fighting at Shine Fights this weekend:

Don King Productions states that Mayorga’s proposed MMA bout includes the discipline of boxing, of which it believes it has the exclusive rights to promote the fighter.

In addition to Mayorga’s alleged breach of contract, DKP’s motion also claims Shine Fight Promotions conducted in "tortuous conduct" to acquire Mayorga’s services and that the boxer’s participation in Saturday’s bout could damage Mayorga’s body and his reputation.

The motion also argues that if Mayorga loses to or is injured by Thomas, it will "substantially impair" the boxing organization’s ability to promote Mayorga moving forward. DKP states that it has already secured Mayorga’s next boxing assignment against current WBA World Middleweight Champion Felix Sturm in August or September 2010.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Paul Daley bouncing back, fighting in Austrailia on July 3rd.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11486&zoneid=2

some interesting exerts from the article regarding his future:

=========

“My plan is to string a couple of fights together before the end of the summer and hopefully get on one of the grand prix shows. We’re currently talking to both Dream and Sengoku about getting a slot on their shows and there are some really good fighters there I can match-up with.”

The MFC promotion in Canada has a show coming up in August and there is an option for Daley there, according to him.

“Boxing is still an option,” added Daley. “One of my training partners is Rendall Munroe and his trainer is currently speaking to (boxing promoter) Frank Maloney on my behalf. I want to do both, fight MMA and get my boxing up to speed, but I want to do them concurrently.”

“Where to start? K.J. Noons, Nick Diaz, Jay Hieron, Joe Riggs…”
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 am

Fuck that Ausie card is looking the part! good start for a new promotion! Daley is a really good fighter, he is totally 1 dimentional. I know people will dismiss this but Kos is a slightly worse version on GSP without the good coach behind him. I dont see any Shame in being dominated by him.

Daley is till one of the best fighters at 170lbs in the world. Admitedly he isnt going much further than he is now. Its like Manhoef, It doesnt matter if you could KO overyone else in the devision if you arent well rounded you arent going far. Feely bad for Englishg fighers in that respect because Wrestling isnt going to be this generation of fighters strong point.

He would make a very good addition to SF and I cant wait to see some of the matchups he is in. Karo is one Id love to see him in who wants mentioned. Riggs might just GnP him for 3 rounds.

I wish him luck he is a figher I love to watch and Id probabally have clocked Kos in that situation too after all he is the biggest Prick in MMA and had just dryhumped him for 15mins! Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 am

Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis at UFC 118!!

This one is going to be a great fight, Nate will have trouble taking Marcus down and no way Davis wants Diaz on the ground so were going to see a good ol fassion slugfest! The Diaz brothers Boxing is looking great but we will really see what level Nates is at in this on!

Great matchmaking.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 am

Feely bad for Englishg fighers in that respect because Wrestling isnt going to be this generation of fighters strong point.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Hathaway actually looks like a decent wrestler and a good all round fighter. He came from a rugby background so I think he adapted to the takedowns well. I think he has the most promise of all the current English fighters.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Thu May 13, 2010 1:25 am

I've read that quite a few rugby clubs actually employ wrestling/judo instructors, so there might be more of a carry over between the sports than it appears.

I think a lot of UK fighters get a bit too much criticism over their wrestling ability, in particular Daley and Hardy off the back their last two fights. I mean, they can wrestle, just not good enough to stop the takedowns of two of the best wrestlers in the whole sport.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 am

i was impressed by daleys tdd, he sprawled the initial shots. its just that Kos started with his back to the fence so he had the whole breadth of the octagon to drive and he just threw his legs to the side and completed the teakedown.

EDIT: Ben, Daley is on a different card to Barnett/Shamrock/Coleman etc.

the dates are different.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

I've read that quite a few rugby clubs actually employ wrestling/judo instructors, so there might be more of a carry over between the sports than it appears.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first started rugby I didn't know how to tackle for shit, but when I trained in wrestling for a little while my tackling improved dramatically, there are definitley factors in rugby that can help you improve in MMA. Fitness, strength and takedowns are the key ones.

I doubt however that Daley, Hardy or indeed Bisping ever played rugby, especially since rugby isn't particularly big in any of the places they grew up. Bisping's takedowns are actually decent for a guy with no wrestling experience. Outside Hendo, his shots have pretty good (there I said it, a Bisping compliment affraid )

Out of all the British fighters, I definitley see the most potentiol in John Hathaway, but he does have a tough test in his next fight, an anusually big step up from Paul Taylor.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Rizzo in for Coleman.

Bad news for Shammy! If Monson can't beat him.... affraid
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 pm

I didn't want to make a whole new thread but Parysian isn't going to SF after all.

According to MMA Junkie, Karo Parisyan (18-5) will not be signing with Strikeforce. The deal called for Parisyan to fight at "Strikeforce: Los Angeles" on June 16th against an opponent to be named. Scott Coker commented on meeting Parisyan…

"We had a cup of coffee. It didn't work out. He's a great kid. We wish him luck."

Thats a shame really, I really wanted to see Karo get his shit together and for Diaz to have a good test as well. Oh well.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 pm

he fights Luis Dutra jr at Impact FC in Austrailia July 10th.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19124/karo-parisyan-headed-to-australia-for-impact-fc-fights-luis-dutra-jr-.mma

are Impact FC having 2 shows 7 days apart?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Thats better than nothing I suppose, its just good to see him fight again. Man these Australian cards are doing a good job right now.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri May 14, 2010 5:50 pm

SHORT NOTICE FIGHT!

Satoshi Ishii (2008 olympic judo champ) vs Tafa "Thumper" Misipati (New Zealand kickboxing champ)

The X-PLOSION event will take place on May 15 in New Zealand.

MMA Calendar - Page 20 Xplosion_NZ
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri May 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Really intrested to see how he does, don't know much about his opponent but should be atleast a decent striker. Sounds like a good test for Ishii, this is a big fight for him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Terrible looking. He probabally got a Kickboxing champ because he was an standard Islander... Heavy hands and Iron jaw come as standard! Laughing Doesnt look to have any ground skills,

The event is called King of the door... Its doormen doing MMA, My brother worked with a doorman called Tafa in Australia..... Be funny if it was him.

Poor Standard of opponent for someone who knocked the UFC back! He didnt even look very big, is Ishii still fighting at Hw? With any Islander Kickboxer always the risk he will get his lights turned out if he is stupid enough to stand though.

His Guy do Jiujutsu though...

----------------

Also ID love to know a reason why this man isnt in K-1... sorry a little off topic but

MMA Calendar - Page 20 David+Tua+v+Shane+Cameron+Weigh+ThQEzFgGRhPl

Dude has legs like a Running back!! Im sure he could throw a Kick to score a Takedown in MMA. I doubt he is getting paid the millions he used to be and maby wont take to grappling of any Kind (Though has sparred with Hunt or Sefo I think if, I wonder if he picked up anything) But more likely K-1. Tua has a Crazy KO ratio and has never been dropped in his whole career. Id bet money on him going far in a K-1 GP. Like Manhoef, Aerts maby JLB even at this stage of his career would all be in trouble in the ring with him. His biggest problem is the Alves sized reach....

What do people think?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 am

Ninja not fighting Galbraith but is fighting David Heath instead.

Monson lost again. Sokodojew won by DQ (illegal knees Twisted Evil ) What goes around comes around i guess....

I think Neil won aswell.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content