THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+25
Hank Scorpio
MMA
Chimezero
toonswagger
Paddyjock
kinc1967
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Ginginho
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
hendos_right_hook
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
redmeanie77
Shanemc
pinsman
Paolo_73
ChelseaQuinsfan
the_king
Albion_Oakley
GWillz
rudeboyben84
29 posters

A Bit about you...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

A Bit about you... Empty A Bit about you...

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Just though Id have a post to get to know a bit more about our posters... Some of us have met up but I though I have a post to get to know a bit more about you and you MMA history and stories.

Name: Ben Neeson (Yes Liam's relative for those who missed that post!)

Nationality/Were you live: Irish/Belfast

Martial Arts experience: Started life messing around with Sumo (Ring of Towles in the back garden) and Boxing matches with Brothers and friends (The Neibours always had bag mitts to our huge foam gloves!) Id say thats were my 1st Martial arts interest came from as well as Forever Wrestling with people when we all loved ProWrestling! Ive always had an interest in Combat sports, My 1st class was Kickboxing, Probabally around the age of 10 at Prokick. My Fridens Brother Introudceud me and him to UFC. I took up Thaijutsu around the age of 20, while at Thaijutsu which was once a week a took up some Judo, Muay thai and BJJ. Thaijutsu insturcter then fount Thaijutsu a bit dated and changed it to an MMA class. We have a few fighers from out gym who have Semi Pro wins now He had a Coaches from the Irish Judo and BJJ teams, A Muay Thai fighter who trained in Thailand and a Wrestling coach Ive been out of trainig for a good while now, bar the odd session on the Heavybag I dont do anything! As some of you know my Brother is a multiple time amature Boxing Champ and Ive done a lot of pure boxing with him which I really enjoy, If It wasnt for my Piss Poor footwork and inability to skip Id have love to take up Boxing. did best at Wreslting and Judo though. When my Kids older ill be taking him to Judo so be ready with Tips Anfield!

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts: Yellow Belt in Thaijutsu! Thats your lot!

Weightclass: Was Supposed to fight at 155lbs when our Gym were starting competing. Walk around at Werler! lol! But hey in 5"7 probabally the right height for a 135er never mind a 155er!!

Favorite MMA figers Past/Present: Wanderlei is my all time favorite, When I started watchin Tank was my 1st facvorite then Liddell when he came on the scene. Currently Shogun, Minowa, Sakuraba, Hendo, Fedor, Marquardt, Belfort, Nick Diaz... and yes Butterbean! and really anyone who is an exciting standup fight, Ben Saunders, Jose Aldo, Thaigo Alves etc.. currently are 3 I like off the top of my head If you Bring Exciting agressive Muay Thai im inclined to be a fan!!!

When did you get into MMA: Seeing UFC 1-3 on Video, Strangley we stuck 3 on first... Keith Hackney vs Emmanuel Yarborough was something I had to see! Became "Pride fanboy" as weve been labeld! around 2000 when my Wee Sister told me her favorite fighter was Wanderlei Sila, Id only seen UFC and Though she ment Tim Syliva!!! Googled him and discovered Pride and my favorite fighter!

Fighters you met/Trained with: Shook hands with a few when UFC was in Belfast and we stayed behing, Randy Couture, Michael Bisping, Tyson Griffin aslo Dana White and Bruce Buffer!! Dana was very humble and sound, Couture the same.... Ah how could I have said Im hoping for Coleman over him!! Seriously!!

Favorite Boxers Past/Present: Im a Massive Rocky Maricano fan, Been watching Boxing since I was a wee Kid. I love Boxing History especially the Heavyweight devision. Sugar Ray Robinson is another because I think he is head and shoulders above any fighter in Combat Sport I dont think the world will ever see anything like him again. Joe Louis also who I believe is the best heavy ever, Silky Smooth skills with KO power great to watch. Sonny Liston, Jack Dempsey, Gerge Foreman (Couldnt not mention Steve Coling too being Irish!) At lower weight My favorite figts were the Gatti vs Ward Trilogy and the Barerra vs Morales Trilogy. Currently a Big Pacquiao fan.

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes? I was really into K-1 back in the day. Hoost will always be one of my sporting Heroes too because he was so Dominant when I watched K-1 and to this day ive never seen so smooth seemless striking, it seemed that guys kicks and punches were all flowing one after another in a blur! Big fan of all the old K-1 guys like Aerts, JLB, etc.. Was an Arsenal fan back in the 90's and ealy 2000's when I watched Football so Ian Wright has to get a mention! When I was a Kid my Favotie Wreslter was Andre the Giant! (He was robbed at Royal Rumble 89 Which I have on Video! How can a Snake eliminate someone! Laughing ) Loved Big Van Vader prob my all time favorite! bcause he was WCW and only rich Kids with Sky for WWF back then! Undertaker, Legion of Doom and The Steiners were also old favorites! Havnt followed it since though I have seen the odd fight, Tables Ladders chairs Hardys/Dudleys/Someone else! And TNA Samoa Joe/AJ Style/Daniels were the last figths that remotley entertained me! Did go to Belfast and see Lesnar in WWE too... that was anout the last Wrestling I saw... add him to the list of people I met cause he slapped my hand on the way past!
    GWillz
    GWillz
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

A Bit about you... Empty Re: A Bit about you...

Post  GWillz Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Name - Graham

Age - 26

Started off as a boxing fan, always wanted to get into the sport but played football since I was a kid so never got the chance until a few years ago. Finally started boxing about 3 years ago and I've just starting doing some training in Jiu jitsu and kickboxing. y long term goal is to have a few mma fights, maybe within a year or two.

Got into mma when tuf first started and since then been hooked and trying to watch as many old fights as I can learn as much as possible about the history of the sport.

Trained in Enzo Maccarinelli's gym when boxing (his dad runs a gym in Swansea - not Calzaghe's gym in Newbridge) and that is the closest I've got to training with a pro fighter.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Thats cool, Forrest vs Bonner is the type of thing to get people hooked on MMA! Have you many Boxing matches under your belt?

Whos your farovite MMA fighters and Boxers past or Present?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Name: Dan

Nationality/Were you live: British/Blackpool

Martial Arts experience: Minimal experience in sport karate and jiu jitsu, 6 months intensive training as a pro wrestler

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts: None

Weightclass: Im currently 18 stone 10 but just started hitting the gym hard to lose as much as possible

Favorite MMA figers Past/Present: Past: Tank Abbott, Oleg Taktarov, Frank SHamrock, don frye. Present: Ben Saunders, Minowa, Fedor, Aleks, Daley.

When did you get into MMA: Bought UFC6 on dvd when i was about 16 or 17

Fighters you met/Trained with: Nobody!

Favorite Boxers Past/Present: Gatti, Lewis, Robinson, Haye

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes? Boxing, Pro Wrestling, bit of football. Im an Everton fan and my football heroes would be Dixie Dean, Duncan Ferguson, Barry Horne, Paul Ince
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 am

Name: anthony

Nationality/Were you live: British/newcastle

Martial Arts experience: mma 4-0 and boxing, pro wrestling

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts: 4-0 lol

Weightclass: Im currently fight 205 walk around about 220

Favorite MMA figers Past/Present: Past: past: ken shamrock, tank abbott and randy courture present: randy, bisping, wranderlei and rampage (my dog is named rampage lol)

When did you get into MMA: watched ufc 1 when my grandad taped it.

Fighters you met/Trained with: train with glenn mcrory (boxing)

Favorite Boxers Past/Present: haye, tyson and evander holyfield

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes? football (support southampton) formula one, my heros are matthew le tissier and micheal schumacher
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am

Name: Omar

Nationality: English/Canadian/Arab/Greek- Born in London-Live in Dubai

MMA Experience-Two exhibiton fights-won both by sub, one by strikes

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts: 2-0

Weight class- FW/LW but il probably end up as a WW/MW

Favourite MMA fighters- GSP ofcoarse, Franklin, Maurquardt, big Nog, Couture, Bader, JDS, Maia, Jacare, Xande Riberio.

When did you get into MMA: First event I watched was when Randy whipped Syliva because there was so much hype behind his return and I was hooked. I watched a few past fights including TUF finale and Bonnar vs Griffin.

Fighters Ive met: Big Nog, Renzo Gracie

Favourite boxers: Always loved Tyson, I also like Bhop, Jake Lambotta, Amir Khan (because he comes from a similar background to me and I think he has good potentiol) Wladmir Kiltiscko, Micky Ward, Barrera and Peter Manfredo Jnr (I don't think he is very good but I watched the contender and I just liked him Laughing )

Other sports: Always been a huge football fan, as my name says I support Chelsea, I love rugby as well supporting Quins, boxing ofc, and I keep in touch with other sports as well. I used to be a massive pro-wrestling fan but since I got into MMA it just took over. I watch wrestling from time to time but MMA is my love.

Nice thread Ben, never knew you were Liam Neeson's relative!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:53 am

Chelsea you mean Vitali or do you really like Wladmir Kiltiscko? What are Expebition fights in MMA? Amature rules, Semi Pro Rules or Just sort of sparing?

King how'd your fights finish?
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am

Name: Paolo

Nationality: British/Italian

MMA Experience- A bit of close quarter battle with the army, and I used to train a bit of BJJ and some Jeet Kun Do, never graded but did it for about 5 years, now I can't find the time!

Any Records/Achievments In Martial Arts: One victory at an army competition ages ago, nothing since. Ended up in a knife fight on Oxford Street once and picked up some decent battle scars!

Weight class- WW when fit, MW to LHW when I've been on the beach weights!

Favourite MMA fighters- GSP, Franklin, Fedor and all time hero Jerry Bohlander.

When did you get into MMA: 1997 when I got the VHS of UFC3 and saw this little brazilian guy taking out all these monsters. I though Royce was the deadliest man alive.

Fighters Ive met: I once fought Guy Ritchie in a BJJ contest at my club, he was a blue belt back then and he got me in an armbar. I had full mount and didn't know what to do... I would have pounded his face in for the stoppage if it had been mma!! (actually he's a decent guy, except he just wore pants and everyone else was in full gi)

Favourite boxers: Used to watch boxing a lot more than I do these days, but I never really had a favourite.

Other sports: I do Ironman Triathlons and any other kind of crazy endurance challenges you can name. If it takes days and ends in blood, sweat and tears then I'm up for it. I also love skydiving, darts and snooker. There's an eclectic mix for you!

My brother-in-law was in a film called High Spirits with Liam Neeson once when he was a kid, said he was a cool guy, what's your relationship to him bro?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Chelsea: Event in Dubai coming up mate...

Jeff Monson vs. Bryan Vetell
    Mark Holst vs. Scott McAfee
    Peter Irving vs. Chris Davis
    Ricco Rodriguez vs. Brian Ryan
    Tam Khan vs. Ricky Shivers
    Tito Jones vs. Eddie Fyvie
    Tyrone Holmes vs. Abdallah Hamdan
    Ali Abdel Aziz vs. Simon Gould
    Lance Snow vs. Frank Slater
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Paolo skydiving and kinfefighting! You enjoy living on the edge! Laughing I cant believe Guy Ritchie armbarred you in his trunks... thats disturbing! His nuts mush have been resting on your arm! lol! Why Bohlander? Choking out Ferrozzo? What was Jeet Kun Do like? Is it a bit dated compared to MMA or is there a lot of "Streetfighting" moves (not Fireballs etc..!) Can Imagine there being eyestrikes and throat strikes!! Liam is my Dads second Cousin.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

"Paolo skydiving and kinfefighting! You enjoy living on the edge! I cant believe Guy Ritchie armbarred you in his trunks... thats disturbing! His nuts mush have been resting on your arm! lol! Why Bohlander? Choking out Ferrozzo? What was Jeet Kun Do like? Is it a bit dated compared to MMA or is there a lot of "Streetfighting" moves (not Fireballs etc..!) Can Imagine there being eyestrikes and throat strikes!! Liam is my Dads second Cousin."

To be fair the knife fight was actually just a guy trying to mug me in the street after a night out. I was walking down the street eating a burger with my walkman on (yes, the black album on tape!) and this guy steps in front of me waving his arms around. I'd had a heroic amount of alcohol so I just ignored him, next thing I know he lunges at me so I threw the burger and lamped him in the face and stumbled on. Then I took the bus home and went to take a shower and noticed I'd been stabbed in the arm. I told my sister it was nothing but she took one look at it and called an ambulance, next thing I know I'm in casualty getting 30 stitches with no anaesthetic. When I came back home I could see the trail of blood along the street to my front door, no wonder nobody sat next to me on the bus earlier in the night!! Laughing
    4 inches to the right and it would have been straight through my heart...

I just thought Bohlander was a legend because he looked like this really young, clean cut boy and they made him fight Ferrozo and Goodridge in one night, two of the scariest dudes ever!! I thought he had balls of steel.

JKD is quite good but the class I went to took ages to progress and in the end I had to move before I really got anywhere. I thought the philosophy of it was pretty cool though - to try to exist like water. Water is pure and simple, it finds a way to flow past everything, it can give life when needed and destroy anything on earth. It's a bit like what Christian Bale learns in Batman Begins. You adapt to any situation, flow through attacks and use obstacles to your advantage. If I had more time I'd study it more.

I don't remember much about Ritchie's nuts, but I remember contempleting smashing his face in just to get myself on the news Wink
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm

haha that would have been awsome, some Ruthless GnP on a Semi Naked Guy Ritchie! That would make a good picture so see him limping out in his Trunks! He did make Sherlock Holmes which had some of the best fight scenes of any movie! and Lock stock and snatch so glad you let him off the hook! Laughing

I forgot Bohlander fought Goodridge too, After goodridges Crucifix elbow KO he was the scariest guy ever!!!

haha that attempted mugigng sounds funny! good choice of Music too! Twisted Evil Injuries are so much better when your are full of drink... stitches are a lot easier to get too! Laughing
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Name: Jack

Coventry

I got into MMA/ martial arts when i was a young lad, karate and Aikido. Don't really do anything now but occassionly Spar with a friend of mine just for fitness... Viewing wise, used to watch K1 with my younger brother while still at school seem to remember people like por pramuk ect, then my brother told me watch UFC, early fighters I liked were Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort. Love Pride and all that too.

Current fav fighters Belfort, Shogun, Fedor ect

My personal: I play Rugby (second row) weighing in at just over 17 stone and height is 6ft 5"
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Shit Jack, you're a big unit mate!! Those are Ubereem level stats!!
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm

ha ha cheers dude Embarassed you wanna see my little brother, he play second row with me and is into grappling and kick boxing, only 6ft 4" and 16 stone but can dead lift 250KG, bench 140KG and squat 200KG. He scares me ha ha!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 pm

"you wanna see my little brother"

Maybe not in a dark alleyway though huh? Sounds like the kind of dude you'd find in bed with your missus and tuck him in with a nice cuppa!! Shocked
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Name: Shane

Nationality/Were you live: Irish/Dublin

Martial Arts experience:do a bit of TKD when i was 5 or 6 got into a fight with a bigger kid cause he was hitting to hard got crap beat out me lol ma took me out of it did a bit of kickboxing when i was 12 hated it lol started doing thai boxing 2 years ago absolutely loved it and still do did bjj for a few months never really got into it gave up on it

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts: 7-0 in muay thai

Weightclass: fight at 60kg but been busy in school atm so havent been trainin prob around 65 when i get back lol

Favorite MMA figers Past/Present: Wanderlei Silva Smile Fedor,Shogun,Ed Herman and Hendo

When did you get into MMA: UFC 71 was the first full event i seen but before that had seen alot wanderleis fight and some hughes and tito in the past

Fighters you met/Trained with: none

Favorite Boxers Past/Present: Gatti, De La Hoya,Mayweather,Tyson and chris arreola

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes? Football,Gaelic,Boxing,Darts Smile steven gerrard, phil taylor
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Another arrows fan!! cheers
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 pm

did i just find a fellow darts fanatic on an mma website? lol
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes mate, snooker and darts are two of my all time favourite sports!!! That's what happens when you spend too much time in dirty pubs when you're young and broke!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Name: Emad

Nationality/Were you live: Arab Libyan, born raised and live in Dublin

Martial Arts experience: I did a bit of Kickboxing and Judo, nothing to get excited about, i have stopped doing any martial arts, as im concentrating on my studies, im a medical student .

Weightclass: 5'11, just over 90 kg.

Favorite MMA figers Past/Present: Tito, Anderson, Mir, Aldo, JDS, Randy, Maia, Shogun.... i can keep going on and on.

When did you get into MMA: The Tito Ortiz- Ken Shamrock rivalary is what got me hooked, but had some vague recollection of very old days of UFC.

Fighters you met/Trained with: none

Favorite Boxers Past/Present: Manny, Tyson, Ali, Hatton, Prince Naseem, Holyfield

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes? Football, Tennis, F1, MotoGp, Snooker, Nadal, Del Potro, Justine Henin, Ferrari, Massa, Schumi, Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Selby, Ding...... can keep going.........

Chelsea i didnt know you live in Dubai, you lucky Kalb you. i assume you speak good arabic. If i was you i would definatly be going to 112. I'm going to Kuwait to visit a friend, i never been to Dubai but if i do, then we should try to meet up Cool
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Name: Andrew

Nationality/where you live: British/ Washington, Tyne and Wear

Martial arts experience: None except the odd Judo/Karate lesson when I was a kid (didn't everyone after Karate Kid was released!!!)

Weightclass: 5'11" 170lbs(I could probs make Light weight)

Favourite MMA fighters past and present: Chuck, Matt Hughes, Machida, Rich Franklin, Kenny (From early UFC's)and IAN "THE MACHINE" FREEMAN (See Below)

When did you get into MMA : My mate got some early UFC Vids when on holiday in Florida when i was about 14-15 but watched seriously for about 5 years.

Fighters you've trained with/met: I've met Ian Freeman a few times when he's been on the doors in Sunderland, he used to own the minginest, dirtiest but best Indie club in Sunderland.

Favourite boxers past and present: Naseem, Hatton, Calzaghe, Lewis,Billy Hardy(Local Celebrity and rolex wearing Plumber!!!!!!) Mayweather, Eubank, Collins, Benn and Bruno( I remember being allowed to stay up to watch the first Tyson Vs Bruno when I was about 7) I also saw Hatton and Calzaghe fight a few years ago in Newcastle

Other sports/heroes: Football-Play twice a week and a Massive Liverpool fan. Cricket,Rugby League and Union, F1, Darts, Snooker, Pool, Trials(Motorbike). Heroes from all the above really, Stevie Gerrard, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Freddie Flintoff, Steve Harmison, Kris Radlinski, Phil Taylor,Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dougie Lampkin.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Two Arabic posters, Hope one of you know this cause ive been looking high and low for the answer!.... Red and Chelsea I though Id run this by you Whats an Arabic food, the meat is like Koftas and its in a pita bread? My Childhood best mates dad is Lebanese and made them, Ive been trying to find what they were everywere and Google if letting me down big time! Laughing I think it sounded like "Har-eye-ass" harias or something like that? used to dip them in natural yougurt... Any Ideas? Cheers!

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE I remember Tyson vs Bruno, All the Kids in the playground would wrap their jumpers round their hands and Box the head off each other pretending to be Tyson and Bruno! Laughing No one ever wanted to be Bruno! Bruno was a monster reminded me of George Foreman or Earnie Shavers, big carthorse just lacking technique! I always wanted Bruno to make one last comeback and Batter Audley when the exchanged words a few years ago.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Lebanese are known for their

"Shawarma"
    A Bit about you... 2721487614_f5c435fce7

Is this it?
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Bruno was HUGE!!! just a shame he could never land a big hayemaker on Tyson. It didn't last long if I remember right!??!!
    I remember the second fight aswell, we all went round my mates house to watch it, he rang up sky box office to order it and we all just started singing BRUNO BRUNO BRUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO down the phone....then he got absolutely battered-Good Times!!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Name:Kurt

Nationality/Were you live:English/North Carolina

Martial Arts experience:As a younger lad I did Goju ryu for a few years then I did Lau Gar for a while,never got to serious about it then,I think it was more of an excuse for my parents to get us kids out of the house for a bit.(I'm the youngest of 5 brothers and 2 sisters)I took Boxing more seriously,mainly for the training though as Football was my main love.I Boxed at my local club for about 3 years.
    Now married with 2 kids and don't do anything really now apart from abit of wakeboarding and pissing about on the lake.Both of my Kids are doing Karate,daughter 10 has been doing it for nearly 5 years and my son 5 nearly 2 years.

Any Records/Achievments In Marital Arts:Never fought competitively,just sparring.

Size/weight:5"10 195lbs(14 stone)

Fav MMA fighters:Silva,GSP,Randy,Big Nog,Chuck,Metzger,Aldo man this list could go on for ages,to be fair there are not many fighters that I dislike,except Krazy horse and now even though I used to think he was the bollox Cro-cop.

When did you get into MMA:my little local video store had UFC 1,2 and 3 and me a my mates used to rent them or any Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan films.I saw little bits of UFC and Pride evry now and again during the years afterwards but I got back into the UFC in a big way about 7 years ago when I moved over to the states and booked UFC 43 on PPV.After watching Randy v chuck and vitor open up Eastmans forehead I was hooked.

Fighters you met:Matt Serra and Charuto(BJ's Jits coach)

Fav boxers:Lennox,Sugar Ray leonard,Hagler,Duran,Nigel Benn,RJJ,Naz,Mayweather and Ricky.

Other Sports/Sporting Heroes:Football,Boxing,Poker and any Pub games(my parents owned a pub)I have two sporting Heroes,one alive and the other dead and that is GOD,I mean Brian Clough and Psycho(Stuart Pearce).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 pm