THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Moose Stuff For Money...
redmeanie77
mikeyboybisping
pinsman
Anfields5thKing
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
11 posters

MMA Rankings

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Rankings - Page 2 Empty Re: MMA Rankings

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:58 am

Good point, Struve took some big shots from Buentello but nothing hurt him like the JDS fight which wasnt pretty, he is still a young lad and they put him in the deep end in his very first UFC fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 am

Struve got sat on his arse multiple times by a years past it Buentello. Struve has been rocked a few times. He's not got a good chin. And JDS's KO of Werdum was a fluke.

He doesn't have the power to KO Cain.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 am

Its abit belated but going back to the Franklin subject how many fights has he actually had at light heavy? Matt Hamill, Hendo which he lost, Wandy catch weight, and Belfort catch weight, have I missed any LHW bouts? surely theres someone who should have his place there, I'm a huge Franklin fan but I don't think he deserves a top 10 at LHW.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:55 am

You cant be ranked just on your fights in a new devision, Fedor cuts to lhw and beats a nobody, does that not make him top 10? Franklin gave Hendo (top 2 at MW) a 50/50 fight. He then Beat Wanderlei and Matt Hamill... From a top 3 Mw to 10th at Lhw I think is fair enough. Who would you have over him?

ChelseaQuinsfan really got me thinking about the Mw top 10, I think Lawler was been over rated. Its hard to compare how UFC and other MMA fighers stack up... But guys outside UFC have an easier time building up a 5 fight undefeated streak as they dont fight the same quality... Id hate to Drop him altogeather after 1 loss to Shields but I think he needs moving down.. he hasnt won in a year and a half. I suppose thats case enough to drop him?

Were do people think we drop him to?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Lawlor is one of the ten best MW's in the world. There's nobody worthy of replacing him. I'd say have him number 10.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah him winning the EliteXC title over Ninja still carries some weight with me. Ninja is on a roll and so is Scott Smith... Khalidov and Sexyama are probabally a good win away from replacing him but I didnt want to completley drop Lawler. I think 10th is fair for now. Thats just what I was thinking myself because I rate him below Filho and Jacare.... Good call mate. Im happy with that if everyone else is?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Buentello might be past it but he still has the power he always had and he hit Struve with his best shots and couldn't put him away. Dos Santos did in 30 seconds, Dos Santos has the power to put anyone away and Velasquez better not be stupid enough to stand with him.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

MMA Rankings - Page 2 Empty Reply

Post  Raiden Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:53 pm

From what I have seen from Cain and JDS both have plenty of potential.

But I would be much more of a Cain Velasquez fan and I think he is and in the future will be even more so a higher standard mixed martial artist than Junior Dos Santos.

I could be wrong on this as I havent seen all that much of either but I thought Id say it now rather than later when it may become much clearer.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Lawler is not a top 10 fighter,I'd say everybody except Smith on your just missed out list beats him,I'd even put my money on Chris Leben to beat him.

Bisping is far more deserving of a place than Lawler and I don't think Bisping is top 10 yet(but a win over Wandi would give him a stronger case)

lawler lost to Sheilds,Mayhem,Diaz,Tanner and Spratt and his best wins have been against Lytle,Villesenor,Rua,Trigg and Smith.

Bisping has lost to Hendo and Rashard(Lawler has never stepped in against that level of competition)
    and beat Schaffer,Hamill,Leben,Day and Kang.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Okami was ranked around 4th or something before Sonnen loss, so that win for Sonnen should move him abit higher than he is now, certainly above Lawler anyway who should not even be in top 10, as guys in just missed out list have better recent results than him.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Ben Ninja was horrible when Lawler beat him. He wasn't motivated to fight and average fighters like Fukuda and Radach. I like Ninja a lot but he was nowhere near his best there. You might as well put those two on the missed out list if you ranking fighters based on beating him. Lawler is not top 10, I don't think he is a very good fighter. The better fighters on his list have his kicked his ass. Shields, Mayhem, Tanner, Diaz. He has decent hands with some good power and thats the end of it. His ground game still sucks.

Not sure if Chris Leben and Bisping would beat him but the better MWs all would beat him with ease. Okami, Lindland, Palhares, Santiago, Khalidov, Sexyama ect.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah Id back most of that list over him as well to be fair (actually all them but Lindland!!) dont think he is a great figher but Think he got his ranking by winning a then major title I suppose. I think he stays in untill one of the others notch up another win...

The winner of Wanderlei vs Bisping goes in at number 10 IMO. If Akiyama fights before then he replaces Lawler with a win at 10th spot.

Palhares, Santiago, Khalidov and as much as I hate to say it Okami are probabally nipping on his heels untill then. Again if any fight and win before he next fights they are all candidates to replace him.

Just in the interest of fairness not going to completlet boot him out after a loss.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 pm

That seem to be the best solution Ben, put him in at 10, and winner of Wandi-Bisping goes in at 10 ahead of him.

Who is Sexyama fighting next, he was supposed to fight Wandi? I hope he fights Palhares next.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Palhares vs Sexyama makes a lot of sence but I think Sexyama needs the 1st available opponent he is due a fight and is in fighing shape or near enough id assume. I hope he gets on to one of the next cards (someones bound to get injured!!)

I hate Bisping but a win over Wandy makes him to 10. Likewise Wanderlei is a good enough figher and was despite a drained performance looked a 50/50 fight with Rich Franklin who was top 4 Mw before he moved weight. The winner of that top 10 for sure and its not that long off.

I wonder if Belcher will have his rematch with Sexyama? their 1st fight was an epic and I would mind watching it again!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Buentello might be past it but he still has the power he always had and he hit Struve with his best shots and couldn't put him away. Dos Santos did in 30 seconds, Dos Santos has the power to put anyone away and Velasquez better not be stupid enough to stand with him.

Buentello doesn't hit nearly as hard as he used to. You should watch his old fights. He was far quicker and hit with far more power. And he sat Struve on his ass more than once. Struve has a weak chin.

Comical attempts to claim that Santiago would beat Lawlor!! With that chin?? I think not.

The winner of Wanderlei-Bisping goes in at 10?? Do they fuck! Wanderlei has won 1 fight in 3 years! And the only time Bisping fought anyone ranked in the top 15 at MW he got knocked unconscious!! Neither of them are even top 15 at MW!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Buentello doesn't hit nearly as hard as he used to. You should watch his old fights. He was far quicker and hit with far more power. And he sat Struve on his ass more than once. Struve has a weak chin.

Comical attempts to claim that Santiago would beat Lawlor!! With that chin?? I think not.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hahaha

He doesn't at all, Buentello still has 5 KOs/TKos in his last 9 fights. Struve doesn't have a weak chin, he just gave Buentello a clear chance to him. If Buentello has any other HW in that position he would have sent them on the ass. It was a great punch, Buentello still has power and Struve has a decent chin.

Velasquez's chin is the one that comes under more scrtutiny, Kongo dropped him 3 times. Its not his chin though, its his god awful AKA-trained stance. Kongo was tagging him with ease and when Mir fought him he was easily able to outstrike him and sent him on his ass. Velasquez has an awful stance standing up and Dos Santos would have a field day.

Comical attepmts to claim Lawler would beat Santiago. With that ground game? I think not.

Lawler challenges Manhoef for the title of worst ground game in MMA.

I don't think the winner of Bisping vs Wandy deserves to go in the top 10. Wandy would be the first top MW Bisping would beat and Wandy has done nothing at MW to merit inclusion, and beating Bisping isn't exactly impressive. But they do over Lawler who hasn't beaten anyone decent since...Ever.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Lawler has never fought a top 15 MW in his whole career,yet he has lost to 2 MW's and 3 WW's
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Who should be in at no.10 then, if Belcher is crap, Akiyama is no good, Lawler is shit, Bisping is a cunt, Wandi isnt ranked at MW, Palhares aint what he used to be... etc

Bisping-Wandi winner seems like a good descion at no.10 for me.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Winner of Bisping-Wandi for me,goes in at 10.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Who should be in at no.10 then, if Belcher is crap, Akiyama is no good, Lawler is shit, Bisping is a cunt, Wandi isnt ranked at MW, Palhares aint what he used to be... etc
    ===========================================================================================

Last one is a little strange, Palhares just started becoming a top MW!

Lawler's level of competion really is appaling and he is meant to fight Prangley next. What a joke.

Belcher could be top 10, he has faced tougher opponents than Bisping has at MW. He actually has a wins over Santiago, Kang, Goviea and should-have Sexyama.

Bispings opponents have been pretty shit as well.

Khalidov is top 10 over all those guys at the momment, Santiago was top 10 and Khalidov beat him so he should replace him as a top 10 MW.

Palhares, Sexyama, Belcher or Khalidov with another big win are top 10. One of them, depending on who has the bigger win.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 pm

"Last one is a little strange, Palhares just started becoming a top MW!"

Oops, i got Wandi and Palhares the other way around rabbit
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Lawler has never fought a top 15 MW in his whole career,yet he has lost to 2 MW's and 3 WW's

He fought Evan Tanner who was one of the top 185ers in the world at the time.

So you are wrong.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm

and he lost in the first round. That shows his level of skill.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:51 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Buentello doesn't hit nearly as hard as he used to. You should watch his old fights. He was far quicker and hit with far more power. And he sat Struve on his ass more than once. Struve has a weak chin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hahaha

He doesn't at all, Buentello still has 5 KOs/TKos in his last 9 fights. Struve doesn't have a weak chin, he just gave Buentello a clear chance to him. If Buentello has any other HW in that position he would have sent them on the ass. It was a great punch, Buentello still has power and Struve has a decent chin.

Velasquez's chin is the one that comes under more scrtutiny, Kongo dropped him 3 times. Its not his chin though, its his god awful AKA-trained stance. Kongo was tagging him with ease and when Mir fought him he was easily able to outstrike him and sent him on his ass. Velasquez has an awful stance standing up and Dos Santos would have a field day.

Comical attepmts to claim Lawler would beat Santiago. With that ground game? I think not.

Lawler challenges Manhoef for the title of worst ground game in MMA.

I don't think the winner of Bisping vs Wandy deserves to go in the top 10. Wandy would be the first top MW Bisping would beat and Wandy has done nothing at MW to merit inclusion, and beating Bisping isn't exactly impressive. But they do over Lawler who hasn't beaten anyone decent since...Ever.

Yes, he does have a weak chin.

Let's look at people Buentello has KO'd in the last 2 years. Here's the list:

No, wait, there's no1. He's got one TKO due to a doctors stoppage. But perhaps you're refering to the mighty list of people he KO'd between 06 and 07. A list containing the feared warriors, Carter Williams, Ruben Villareal, Tank Abbott or Gilbert Aldana. Men with a combined 18 KO loses against their records. And Villareal's corner stopped that fight. Not Buentello or the ref. Buentello is shot and his power is gone.

Kongo hits harder than any HW not named Lesnar or Carwin. And he never dropped him. To drop someone is to knock them down, Cain was never knocked down.

Lawlor doesn't need to get the fight to the ground though genius. He just needs to hit him. Santiago needs to get the fight to the ground and to that he's going to get hit.

Ninja Rua is far better than your precious Belcher. So he's a decent fighter. Lawlor knocked him out.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:52 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:and he lost in the first round. That shows his level of skill.

Doesn't matter. Claims were made that he'd never fought a top 15 MW. Clear lies.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:45 pm