THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
Sheldan
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Mryzyz
The_Axe_Emperor
manschesthair_utd
efils_god
payneNglory1
Ginginho
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
uly
Anfields5thKing
19 posters

General MMA News

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

General MMA News - Page 2 Empty Re: General MMA News

Post  p4pnumber_1 Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:20 pm

The World Jiu-Jitsu Expo and Cesar Gracie have confirmed that Nick Diaz will compete in a BJJ super-fight at the WJJE on May 12 in Long Beach, California. Opponent still to be announced.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 am

New York might not be able to get an MMA event but it WILL get The K-1 World Grand Prix final in December this year.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Jon Olav Einemo has retired from MMA.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Had he been cut? That's disappointing.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:15 am

Nate Diaz has received his black belt in BJJ. About time! Smile
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:39 am

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:23 am

Gustafsson vs Silva is on ESPN on a tape delay from 10:15pm (14/04/12) I'm a little surprised ESPN are showing a fuel card but no doubt delighted with this as I have said before my laptop isn't keen on 4-5 hour long HQ streams.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Fedor rumored to be fighting Bobby Lashley on june 21st.

M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan today announced Emelianenko will fight an unannounced opponent at a currently unspecified June 21 event.

However, sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that former WWE star and ex-Strikeforce fighter Bobby Lashley (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is under consideration for the Emelianenko (33-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Wow at this rate no one outside Russia is going to be a fan of Fedor! Why would he need to take a considerable step down in competition from ishii and monson? I really have lost a lot of respect for Fedor if this fight happens, Tim Sylvia has a big announcment I'd rather he rematched him even. If Fedor stoops so low as to fight Lashley I hope he looses. He has in most peoples eyes already lost his p4p GOAT status, I wonder how much further he can fall? Cowerdly man to pick a fight with a guy who got beat down by chad Griggs.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Wow at this rate no one outside Russia is going to be a fan of Fedor! Why would he need to take a considerable step down in competition from ishii and monson? I really have lost a lot of respect for Fedor if this fight happens, Tim Sylvia has a big announcment I'd rather he rematched him even. If Fedor stoops so low as to fight Lashley I hope he looses. He has in most peoples eyes already lost his p4p GOAT status, I wonder how much further he can fall? Cowerdly man to pick a fight with a guy who got beat down by chad Griggs.

Is there that many fights outside UFC for him though Ben? Is a fight against Timmeh, really that much better than against Lashley? I really wish that he would drop to 205lbs, there are so many fightsfor him at that weight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 pm

I was just checking a list of Hw opponents who would be better than Lashley, heres who fightmatrix have

(excluding Bellator guys and rematches)

21. Sergei Kharitonov
    22. Eddie Sanchez
    24. Tony Lopez
    29. Peter Graham
    31. Mike Hayes
    32. Damian Grabowski
    37. Shamil Abdurahimov
    39. Magomed Malikov
    42. Mike Whitehead (Think he might be in jail though)
    43. Tyler East
    45. Todd Duffee
    46. Tim Hague
    48. Michal Kita
    53. Bobby Brents
    54. Dion Staring
    56. Guram Gugenishvili
    59. Chris Barnett
    62. Carmelo Marrero

You know including rematched and Bellator guys who might not have excluside contracts there are over 20 Heavies who are higher ranked than Lashley, some of them under the M-1 Banner... 2 of which kicked his Brothers ass...

Fighting Lashley is a really low move IMO. If the fight goes ahead ive lost a lot of respect for Fedor myself. 2 back to back easy win over top 50 opposition and he is taking a big step down. I dont like it at all.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Wow at this rate no one outside Russia is going to be a fan of Fedor! Why would he need to take a considerable step down in competition from ishii and monson? I really have lost a lot of respect for Fedor if this fight happens, Tim Sylvia has a big announcment I'd rather he rematched him even. If Fedor stoops so low as to fight Lashley I hope he looses. He has in most peoples eyes already lost his p4p GOAT status, I wonder how much further he can fall? Cowerdly man to pick a fight with a guy who got beat down by chad Griggs.

Could be looking to give him a fight against a big powerful wrestler as a warm up for a fight against someone else who is going to try and take him down.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:00 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:

Could be looking to give him a fight against a big powerful wrestler as a warm up for a fight against someone else who is going to try and take him down.

You think its a warmup fight for the winner of the SF GP maby? Fedor has a fight left with SF technically and the GP winner has to have 1 more fight for SF before they go to UFC...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:31 am

That's exactly what I think it is. I think they're preparing him to fight Cormier if he gets past Barnett.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Nova Uniao featherweight Hacran Dias (20-1-1) has signed a 3 fight deal with the UFC.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Mayhem Miller has had a pop at Sonnen on twitter

"Chael berating someone on their test level is like me making fun of someone's bad haircut."

Sonnen's reply
    "MayHem: Due to time constraints I am currently confining my Twitter wars to active, relevant, fighters ONLY. Buy a T-shirt on your way out."
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Dias is a great prospect, but I wonder what would be the case if he was to get to a title shot? Him and Aldo are like brothers. But I do see Aldo moving up so it may be irrelevant.

P.S Chael would beat the complete shit out of miller and retire him.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:15 pm

There's so much talent in the lighter divisions being churned out of Nova Uniao,it'll eventually be hard for all the ones that make it into the UFC and Bellator,to keep avoiding each other.

Aldo should be OK,once he has finished cleaning out the FW division,he'll move up before facing a team mate,I think.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 am

Nick Diaz and Braulio Estima agree to BJJ superfight at 180lbs next month, May 12, at the World Jiu Jitsu Expo in Long Beach, California.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am

Braulio by helicopter armbar cheers
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:Braulio by helicopter armbar cheers

Surely Estima will beat him? What levels would they be on compared to each other?

Interesting that Estima has joined the Blackzilians. That'll bring their grappling on a lot.

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/11/blackzilians-add-bjj-champion-braulio-estima-18970.html
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm

It looks like the rumors of Fedor's next opponent being Bobby Lashley are dead,since Lashley has signed to fight james Thompson at SFL 3.

The new rumored opponent for Fedor is Rolles Gracie.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/rolles-gracie-in-consideration-to-face-fedor-emelianenko-in-russia
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Two-time Bellator middleweight tournament winner Alexander Shlemenko was involved in a car accident in his native Russia on Wednesday, suffering a broken collarbone and a dislocated thumb as a result.

Sherdog.com confirmed the news on Friday with Alexei Zhernakov, vice president of Shlemenko’s gym, RusFighters Sport Club. According to Zhernakov, the middleweight veteran was riding in the passenger’s seat when his vehicle was hit by a drunk driver.

Shlemenko was taken to the hospital after the crash and had casts placed on his thumb and shoulder, which are scheduled to be removed after two weeks and a month, respectively. After the casts are taken off, “Storm” must then undergo physical therapy before he can return to his full training regimen.

In the meantime, Zhernakov says Shlemenko will still frequent the RusFighter gym, helping to train his teammates while chomping at the bit to make his return to the cage.

“He’s the kind of fighter who prefers to fight [frequently],” said Zhernakov, “so he is very disappointed.”

Shlemenko last competed just six days ago at Super Fight League 2 in India, knocking out Ikuhisa Minowa in the first round. Known for his effective spinning back fists as well as his well-rounded striking arsenal, the 27-year-old Russian is a veteran of 52 career fights. “Storm” has lost just once since October 2009, dropping a unanimous decision to Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard at Bellator 34 in 2010. Since that defeat, Shlemenko has won eight straight, capturing Bellator’s Season 5 middleweight tournament crown this past fall by topping Zelg Galesic, Brian Rogers and Vitor Vianna.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Dana White: "Lets go back to having 5 UFC events a year.... No, I have to do 42 shows for FOX this year. So it's not gonna happen, we have Fuel, FX, big FOX plus PPV.... If anything we'll be adding more fights not less. So for those of you who thought the 5 week break was great.... Don't enjoy it too much, It's not gonna last. Were gonna be doing more fights"

Good, that 5 week break was a killer!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm