THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
sunthunder
quicksuperlee
pinsman
threeofclubs
payneNglory1
1972-casual
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
Jud_Danger
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Ginginho
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
23 posters

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  Mryzyz Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 pm

I apologise for the otiose nature of my previous post.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:36 am

Bulldog67 wrote:press conference link dont work

whats an AV?

Yes it does.

Your AV is the picture in your profile.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Mryzyz wrote:I apologise for the otiose nature of my previous post.

no need to apologise dood, ya AV was a pre-warning lol!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:35 am

Well it wasn't as one sided as expected, but Sonnen won that fight cleanly. First round was Sonnen's. Second was 50/50. Bisping didn't do anything but held Sonnen against the cage, Sonnen got a TD and outstruck him. Third round was a typical Sonnen round.

30/27 or 29/28, either way, Sonnen won the fight.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:20 pm

UFC on Fox last night was garbage, no one looked good except Bisping. All other 5 fighters dissaponted paticulary Sonnen, Maia and Davis, they are much better than that. Yes ufc got the 2 title matches they wanted but 2 challengers didnt look great.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm

only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.
    the most dominant round went to Sonnen, even though it ended with Bisping poounding him.
    It should have been 29-28 Bisping in my opinion.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I had Sonnnen winning a very close one, but agree with red, last nights main events were disappointing to say the least.

Almost as disappointing as this new look, looking more and more like WWE by the fucking day. Still, I can get back to hating Sonnen now. He is without doubt, a dick.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I was actually pretty impressed with Rashad. The way he was able to comfortably out wrestle and control the distance against the much bigger, much more athletic man bodes well for his chances against Jon Jones.

Sonnen won handidly.

1st round: Sonnen landed more strikes, landed the better strikes and got two takedowns, easily Sonnens round.

2nd: Bisping pushed Sonnen up against the cage for the majority of the round, without any offensive output. Chael got a takedown and drew blood with a bit of gnp. Bisping got up quickly though. Close round, Bisping maybe edges it on control.

3rd: 99% of round consists of Chael in dominant position, including back mount, and full mount. Bisping got a takedown in the last 10 seconds and dropped a couple of elbows. Clear Sonnen round.

Verdict: 29-28 or 30-27 to Sonnen.

I think people are so surprised Bisping held his own they didn't notice he didn't really do anything to win the fight. If the odds were even, there would be no disagreement about the result.

Last edited by Mryzyz on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    threeofclubs
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  threeofclubs Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I hate Fox.

I’m not just saying that because the recording stopped before the end of the last fight.

Everything about the coverage was crap. The studio base stuff just didn’t work.
    The ten adverts an hour almost seemed like a relief.

I can see how Sonnen won but 30-27?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Don't get me wrong, Rashad did look impressive, just expected a bit more from Davis, he just didn't seem to have much of a plan B.

The coverage is absolute garbage, and I'm seriously considering ditching my ESPN subscription and just relying on good old fashioned streaming. Covering MMA should not be that difficult either, show the fights, commentate on the fights, interview the winner, simples. Non of this 2hour introduction, constant interruption and 'in-depth analysis' bullshit.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

UFC on Fox last night was garbage, no one looked good except Bisping. All other 5 fighters dissaponted paticulary Sonnen, Maia and Davis, they are much better than that. Yes ufc got the 2 title matches they wanted but 2 challengers didnt look great.

You think Bisping looked good???

Rashad was very good last night.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:01 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.
    the most dominant round went to Sonnen, even though it ended with Bisping poounding him.

Sonnen clearly won the first round. The only thing Bisping did was hold him against the cage.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.

Sonnen clearly won the first round. The only thing Bisping did was hold him against the cage.

from the press conference (35.30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5lW80H3q8

"Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round, i didnt even know what day it was. I remember..when i came to, looking at him and thinking 'oh my god you have no idea how bad you've hurt me or you'd step in and do something'"

I havent watched the whole thing but he goes on to say he wouldnt have felt wronged if bisping won.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:31 pm

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/sonnen-vs-bisping-official-ufc.html

Sonnen outstruck Bisping in the 1st as well as scoring 2 TD's. There is no way Bisping won the 1st. He did better than I thought because he survived and maby won the 2nd round. His TDD was better than I though and he looked to have a bit more on his punches than Normal, he seemed very hard to controll for a man Wandy was able to outwrestle.

Rashad was the man of the moment, Davis is still a great figther but Rashad just smothered him and broke his will. Davis isnt great under fire. When he takes punches he panics a bit and Rashad was punching him non stop. Great performance, give Rashad the title shot and let Hendo fight Machida I reckon.

Maia Cardio was shit, Bisping would have beat him.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:34 pm

sonnen was very respectful of bisping at the press confrence he stated he thought bisping might have won the 1st 2 rounds

he also said he hit him very hard, bisping did better than most of us thought was a close fight whatever the decision

evans looked good give him his dues he was fighting a decent prospect and won all 5 rounds

felt bad for weidman glad he won wonder how much he cut in the build up

rekon bisping will have gained a bit more respect last night he certainley did from me

i agree that it wasnt the most exciting card wonder what the ratings did
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 pm

The wrong result was called for Sonnen-Bisping. Apparently 1 judge scored it 30-27 to Bisping!!! So its Sonnen by split decision.

Shamefull stuff.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

The wrong result was called for Sonnen-Bisping. Apparently 1 judge scored it 30-27 to Bisping!!! So its Sonnen by split decision.

Shamefull stuff.

I saw the rumours, has anything been confirmed as yet? If one judge did in fact score all three rounds to Bisping, it would have to be the worst scoring ever in a major MMA fight. I don't even think that Bispings mum could have scored that last round in favour of him.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Not sure where you have heard that Meanie, it was the Weidman fight where the wrong score was read out.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:50 pm

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/23980-mistake-in-judging-announcement-on-fox-show

There are a couple of other sites posting the news, the following one shows the scorecard, but it's not the easiest to see (although that may just be my eyesight).

http://vendettafighter.com/news/controversy-over-sonnen-vs-bisping-scores-some-suggesting-score-card-was-read-wrong/
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 pm

so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 pm

gre660wl wrote:so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.

TBH, I think the problem last night was a bit of both, Sonnen IMO was very disappointing, and whilst Bisping gave a better account of himself than I expected, he's still a stand up fighter, that hasn't got the hands to trouble any of the major players at MW. On last nights performance, Sonnen would have little chance against Silva, although we do have to bear in mind, that he had been preparing to fight a wrestler, and obviously that isn't Bisping. I actually hope that Silva batters Sonnen.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 pm

gre660wl wrote:so are all the sonnen brown noses on here still confident he's gonna smash silva still in the rematch? Bisping gave a good account of himself against "the undisputed champion" last night certainly better than silva, stann and marquardt? So what was the problem last night guys is bisping underated or is sonnen half the fighter without the PEDS? either way i know who im backin in the rematch.

you get my vote dood

sat there watchin the great overhyped tedious sonnen and yet again thort is that it, christ knows why so many worship him. If bisping is so shite WTF happened?

last time i was hanging around it was machida that you were being led by the nose to worship, and we know where that went

sonnen will not have even a sniff of joy against silve 2nd time round as long as he tested on a regular basis.

different topic but doods that take drugs do so coz they know they cant make the grade without them, and that is always gonna sit in the back of sonnens mind, its why he such a gobshite to hide his insecurity

remind us of anyone on here? Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:00 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

Shamefull stuff.

None of the judges scored it to Bisping. The scorecards were available on line last night. Sonnen won UD.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Bulldog67 wrote:

you get my vote dood

sat there watchin the great overhyped tedious sonnen and yet again thort is that it, christ knows why so many worship him. If bisping is so shite WTF happened?

last time i was hanging around it was machida that you were being led by the nose to worship, and we know where that went

sonnen will not have even a sniff of joy against silve 2nd time round as long as he tested on a regular basis.

different topic but doods that take drugs do so coz they know they cant make the grade without them, and that is always gonna sit in the back of sonnens mind, its why he such a gobshite to hide his insecurity

remind us of anyone on here? Twisted Evil

Yeah, that's a good description of yourself you daft little wanker.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Sonnen spent months preparing for a wrestler and then had to completely change his gameplan to face a completely different style of fighter. Bisping had a big advantage as he'd already been preparing for a southpaw grappler would try to take him down. Nothing changed for the cunt, everything changed for Sonnen.

Plus, Anderson's TDD isn't as good as Bitchping's and he's not good at getting back to his feet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:18 pm