THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
sunthunder
quicksuperlee
pinsman
threeofclubs
payneNglory1
1972-casual
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
Jud_Danger
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Ginginho
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
23 posters

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm

i was impressed with bisping i think round 1 he hit sonnen with some good shots but i think sonnen edged it very close though 2nd roud i gave to bisping and the 3rd was sonnens he has got a lot more respect from me and a lot of others after that performance granted not on here,
    wonder who he will get next i hope maia if he doesnt step down rekon he wins that think munoz will be a tougher fight for him maybe weidman
    a lot seem to be asking for palhares weidman i dont think they will make that match just yet think they want to build them both up
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm

its an excuse he had a bad night truth be told we will never know wether he did have a bad night or not

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:48 pm

anyone know where i can watch oliveras submission ?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 pm

2brutal wrote:anyone know where i can watch oliveras submission ?

http://www.allthebestfights.com/oliveira-vs-wisely-full-fight-video-ufc-on-fox-2/
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 pm

nice one mate
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Makes me laugh the lengths that some people go to on here to not give Bisping credit. A lot of the MMA community, Dana White and even Chael Sonnen himself said that they thought Bisping won the fight, yet the members of The Armbar (well known for being Bisping's biggest fan club) clearly know best by saying things such as Sonnen won easily, and that 30-27 was a fair call. Whenever Chael says anything some people on here take it as gospel, but then he says things along the lines of Bisping is a great fighter, he deserves a lot of credit etc, and according to some people on here Chael is obviously just talking rubbish all of a sudden, of course.

This is meant to be a forum full of intelligent members, yet most people on here just arse lick their favourite fighters and claim they're destined for greatness, or constantly discredit fighters they hate.

Sorry dude, but, whilst I have held my hands up, with regards to not giving Bisping enough credit (as a fighter), what the fuck do you expect Sonnen to do? He had a bad night, of course he's going to 'big up' his opponent. 'Chale talking rubbish all of a sudden'? Try all the fucking time mate. Whilst I believe the forum is full of intelligent members, but also very opinionated members, so of course there's going to be criticism, and I don't think I'd have it any other way. Let's not forget as well, that Bisping has still got a 2-4 record against top fighters (if you include Mayhem in that category), and whilst he performed a hell of a lot better than I thought he could, he didn't do enough offensively, he seemed content to try and stop Sonnen beating him.

How exactly did Sonnen have a bad night? The only thing you're basing that claim on is the fact he struggled to beat Bisping. I fucking hate Bisping, but cmon Pete, stop being so narrow minded and give him the credit he deserves.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:only seen the bisping fight, thought he won the 2nd round and edged the first round too, though it was very close.
    the most dominant round went to Sonnen, even though it ended with Bisping poounding him.
    It should have been 29-28 Bisping in my opinion.

Sonnen clearly won the first round. The only thing Bisping did was hold him against the cage.

from the press conference (35.30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5lW80H3q8

"Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round, i didnt even know what day it was. I remember..when i came to, looking at him and thinking 'oh my god you have no idea how bad you've hurt me or you'd step in and do something'"

I havent watched the whole thing but he goes on to say he wouldnt have felt wronged if bisping won.

Sonnen says a lot of things. He was never rocked in the fight, he's hyping Bisping to make up for having a bad night himself. Sonnen won the first round easily. Second was close. Bisping held him against the cage and tried to be Randy Couture, Sonnen landed more strikes and got a takedown. Third round was a typical Sonnen round. Sonnen's fight, clear as anything.

The bit in bold makes no logical sense, surely if you have a bad night you say so and don't praise your opponent for doing well, seeing as in your mind they only appear to be doing well because you're having an off night...

Bisping caught Sonnen in the first round and Sonnen was wobbled, the commentators picked up on it, evidently so did Sonnen, yet you can't bring yourself to admit it. Rolling Eyes

Remember you claimed this fight would be the ass-kicking of the year? Laughing You're favourite fighter scraped to a controversial decision against your least favourite fighter, face it.

Last edited by The_Axe_Emperor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:Makes me laugh the lengths that some people go to on here to not give Bisping credit. A lot of the MMA community, Dana White and even Chael Sonnen himself said that they thought Bisping won the fight, yet the members of The Armbar (well known for being Bisping's biggest fan club) clearly know best by saying things such as Sonnen won easily, and that 30-27 was a fair call. Whenever Chael says anything some people on here take it as gospel, but then he says things along the lines of Bisping is a great fighter, he deserves a lot of credit etc, and according to some people on here Chael is obviously just talking rubbish all of a sudden, of course.

This is meant to be a forum full of intelligent members, yet most people on here just arse lick their favourite fighters and claim they're destined for greatness, or constantly discredit fighters they hate.

Sorry dude, but, whilst I have held my hands up, with regards to not giving Bisping enough credit (as a fighter), what the fuck do you expect Sonnen to do? He had a bad night, of course he's going to 'big up' his opponent. 'Chale talking rubbish all of a sudden'? Try all the fucking time mate. Whilst I believe the forum is full of intelligent members, but also very opinionated members, so of course there's going to be criticism, and I don't think I'd have it any other way. Let's not forget as well, that Bisping has still got a 2-4 record against top fighters (if you include Mayhem in that category), and whilst he performed a hell of a lot better than I thought he could, he didn't do enough offensively, he seemed content to try and stop Sonnen beating him.

How exactly did Sonnen have a bad night? The only thing you're basing that claim on is the fact he struggled to beat Bisping. I fucking hate Bisping, but cmon Pete, stop being so narrow minded and give him the credit he deserves.

I believe I've done so, but I believe that Sonnen also had an off night, he looked well off in the first round, and not much better in the 2nd. Now it may be that Bisping was solely responsible for that, but, I believe that, had the same Sonnen that fought Stann/Silva/Okami et al had turned up, Bisping would not have lasted the distance, I may be wrong, but I believe that this is called an opinion. Bisping hasn't turned into a world beater overnight has he? Or am I missing something? He's still only got a handful of 'big' wins on his record, he's still got a poor record against the top contenders he's fought. As I say, his TDD is good, he scrambles well, and he's got good cardio and throws a lot of punches, but, his punches still lack power (despite what Sonnen claims in any post fight conference).

I fail to see how this is being 'narrow minded', and for the record, I despise Sonnen almost as much as I do Bisping.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 pm

is power is shocking but you could see he literally through his all body into that punch
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:17 pm

You (and many others) hold his big fight record against him, and that's hilarious because he could conceivably have beaten Rashad, Wanderlei and Sonnen, all of which were very close decisions.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm

he is a bit like palhares whenever he gets a step up he comes up short
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 pm

2brutal wrote:he is a bit like palhares whenever he gets a step up he comes up short

Urn, no. Palhares has stepped up twice, Marquardt beat him down in half a round and Hendo, even though he put up a good fight, beat him decisively. The only person to beat Bisping decisively and definitively is Dan Henderson.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:You (and many others) hold his big fight record against him, and that's hilarious because he could conceivably have beaten Rashad, Wanderlei and Sonnen, all of which were very close decisions.

Still losses though dude, it just seems that whenever he's been tested, he falls short. From what I remember of the Rashad fight, he was taken down at will, Wandy was well past his sell by date, and well, I think I've made my feelings about the Sonnen fight clear.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

his big fights have been sonnen hendo and rashad

granted he lost close to sonnen and rashad and the ko against hendo oops plus a loss allbeit close to a shot wandi come on mate thats a valid point

palhares was a tad unlucky agaisnt marquardt granted it was his fault
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 pm

The same people that discredit Bisping for his lack of big names on his record are the ones that are hailing Palhares like he is the second coming for submitting a load of fighters on the same level, if not lower.

Somebody care to explain to me the difference between Bisping beating fighters who are what some people on like to refer to as "unranked" and Palhares beating "unranked" fighters?
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm

i like palhares but thats been my point from the start sheldan
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Sheldan wrote:The same people that discredit Bisping for his lack of big names on his record are the ones that are hailing Palhares like he is the second coming for submitting a load of fighters on the same level, if not lower.

Somebody care to explain to me the difference between Bisping beating fighters who are what some people on like to refer to as "unranked" and Palhares beating "unranked" fighters?

To be honest mate, I'm not on the Palhares train. Whilst there's no doubting that the man has talent, and size on his side, I just don't think he's got it mentally to get to the very top.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 pm

he has beaten a whos who of nobodys

his muscles are awsome though and he has the best leg locks ive ever seen
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 pm

2brutal wrote:

granted he lost close to sonnen and rashad and the ko against hendo oops plus a loss allbeit close to a shot wandi come on mate thats a valid point

It's not a valid point at all because all of them bar Hendo were close enough they caused controversy. They could easily have been wins for him, the difference is there's absolutely no debate with Palhares' losses, he's been decisively beaten the two times he's faced top opposition.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 pm

he has comeup short 4 times mate i cant see your point yes they were close losses

rekon your mate anfield will argue palhaers loss to marquardt wasnt straight foward
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    2brutal wrote:

It's not a valid point at all because all of them bar Hendo were close enough they caused controversy. They could easily have been wins for him, the difference is there's absolutely no debate with Palhares' losses, he's been decisively beaten the two times he's faced top opposition.

Could it not also be argued that Bisping's 'close losses' had a lot to do with an antiquated scoring system?
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 pm

what all 4 mate
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 pm

2brutal wrote:what all 4 mate

Well, obviously not the Hendo fight, but maybe the Rashad and Wandy fights. It could also be argued that in the Sonnen fight, Bisping done very little to actually win the fight.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 pm

i wasnt bashing bisping he gone up in my estimation but he does come up just short on big stage
    wandi evans sonnen hendo

you could argue the 3 decisions were close id agree also he got on the fortunate side of the scorecard against hammill
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 pm

I only saw the main card fights and I was pretty disappointed to be honest.

Someone after the Hunt-Rothwell fight was saying that those 2 didn't belong in the ring after that performance. Will you say the same thing about Maia and Weidman?? It looked pretty similar to me, especially the 3rd round - at least the big guys had the altitude as an excuse.

Sonnen beat Bisping on the 3rd round alone as it was pretty even up til then. I found myself cheering Bisping on even though I hate his guts. That fight was meh. Sonnen's WWE act is getting tired.

Main event, in my opinion, was between a guy who was just doing enough against a guy who didn't know what to do and it made for n average fight. Rashad won easily and Davis didn't look close once he realised he couldn't take him down.

I think weight cutting is ruining the spectacle of the sport - most of those fighters looked like the cut had an effect on their performance. Maia and Weidman definitely, Sonnen looked a bit lethargic and Davis was blowing after the first round.

Hopefully this weekend will be better...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am