THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+19
sunthunder
quicksuperlee
pinsman
threeofclubs
payneNglory1
1972-casual
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
Jud_Danger
Cowboys From Hell
rudeboyben84
efils_god
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
Ginginho
2brutal
p4pnumber_1
23 posters

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  2brutal Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

on a side note if anyone has sky anytime plus have a look at disorder in the court it shows a renzo gracie fight in rio when a riot breaks out during the fight funny
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Munoz injured....Bisping in!!!!!

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 pm

efils_god wrote:Thinking about it, why wasn't Maia bumped up to face Sonnen in a rematch? I think Dana is too scared that Maia subs Sonnen again and we get Anderson-Maia II.....

Bisping deserves a shot more than Maia does, as much as it pains me to say.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:
    efils_god wrote:Thinking about it, why wasn't Maia bumped up to face Sonnen in a rematch? I think Dana is too scared that Maia subs Sonnen again and we get Anderson-Maia II.....

Bisping deserves a shot more than Maia does, as much as it pains me to say.

Bisping deserves several shots.......All in the head.
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 pm

as tedious as that cocky dumbass sonnen is i cant see an answer for bisping unless sonnen gets lazy/stupid and leaves himself open for a miracle sub

im still backing bisping in the predictions tho, he may be only marginally less of a cunt than sonnen but at least he is an english cunt
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Agree with Bulldog, I don't particularly care for Bisping but this is a battle between an English twat and a typical American loudmouth. I hope Bisping can somehow pull it off but I doubt it. Come on England!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm

I will never support any fighter based on his nationality. TBH, most of my initial dislike for Bisping, was based upon Dana selling him to the British public, simply because of his nationality. I personally felt a little insulted, that 'we' were meant to support him, not because he was a good fighter, but simply because he was a Brit. An arsehole, is an arsehole wherever he's from.

Whilst both fighter have dislikeable personalities, only one of them has the skills to back the talk.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm

sweet,this card just got a hell of a lot better cheers cheers cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Sorry, but "fair play to Bisping". He's an average fighter who's never beaten a top 10 fighter and isn't a draw, yet he gets paid almost 500k per fight in disclosed earnings. He will take whatever fight he is told to take for that money. No fair play to Sonnen for taking the fight? Didn't think so.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Sorry, but "fair play to Bisping". He's an average fighter who's never beaten a top 10 fighter and isn't a draw, yet he gets paid almost 500k per fight in disclosed earnings. He will take whatever fight he is told to take for that money. No fair play to Sonnen for taking the fight? Didn't think so.

Fair play to Sonnen for not stepping down from his #1 contenders bout and now having an easier fight infront of him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Number one contenders fight? This is the second defence of the undisputed middleweight championship of the world!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Loooooool so no one is going to comment on Bisping quotes today that he'll get taken down by Sonnen but will submit him off his back? Laughing
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

“I’m going to get the best Chael Sonnen possible I know that,” Bisping told Fighters Only. “But his jiu-jitsu won’t be too slick.

“Chael Sonnen can take me down if he likes, because I know I can submit him off my back. I know I can. That’s his big weakness.

“I may not have a black belt, but I consider myself a black belt. I’ve been rolling with Jake Shields, Dean Lister and a wash of other world champions. Believe me, if Chael Sonnen takes me down he better be prepared to get submitted.

“Working with these guys recently, these top level jiu-jitsu guys, has really brought on my game and I am so comfortable on my back right now. In the past I have stood fights up a lot but the way I am training right now, I will be delighted if Chael takes me down. If he does, then it will be a short night for him.”

lol!
    threeofclubs
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  threeofclubs Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 am

Chael will “inject” some excitement into the fight.

I think that Bisping should dress up as Buster Gonads to promote the fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 am

p4pnumber_1 wrote:

“I’m going to get the best Chael Sonnen possible I know that,” Bisping told Fighters Only. “But his jiu-jitsu won’t be too slick.

“Chael Sonnen can take me down if he likes, because I know I can submit him off my back. I know I can. That’s his big weakness.

“I may not have a black belt, but I consider myself a black belt. I’ve been rolling with Jake Shields, Dean Lister and a wash of other world champions. Believe me, if Chael Sonnen takes me down he better be prepared to get submitted.

“Working with these guys recently, these top level jiu-jitsu guys, has really brought on my game and I am so comfortable on my back right now. In the past I have stood fights up a lot but the way I am training right now, I will be delighted if Chael takes me down. If he does, then it will be a short night for him.”

lol!

When he says he's been "rolling with Jake Shields, Dean Lister and a wash of other world champions" he means he's been getting tapped out every few minutes lately. I heard Shields tapped him 11 times in 3 5minute sparring sessions.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

How funny would it be if he did armbar sonnen though! I'd laugh my tits off! Sonnen should stay stood up and smash him about for a couple of rounds, get him tired... then go for the ground and punch his face into the mat.

What does everyone think the result of Hendo vs sonnen would be? As hendo demolisted Bisping?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:54 am

Hendo is a pretty nightmareish match up for Sonnen. But Hendo shouldn't cut to MW anymore, he gasses too much. I'd see either a Hendo KO in the first or a Sonnen UD....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am

pinsman wrote:How funny would it be if he did armbar sonnen though! I'd laugh my tits off! Sonnen should stay stood up and smash him about for a couple of rounds, get him tired... then go for the ground and punch his face into the mat.

What does everyone think the result of Hendo vs sonnen would be? As hendo demolisted Bisping?

Probably a repeat of Hendo vs Sheilds although without the first round. 5 rounds like rounds 2-5.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    pinsman wrote:How funny would it be if he did armbar sonnen though! I'd laugh my tits off! Sonnen should stay stood up and smash him about for a couple of rounds, get him tired... then go for the ground and punch his face into the mat.

Probably a repeat of Hendo vs Sheilds although without the first round. 5 rounds like rounds 2-5.

Yeah I reckon the same. Sonnens chin and head movement are so much better than Sheilds. I reckon he could close the distance and get Hendo down and keep him there. Hendo will have a punchers chance again anyone. At any given moment if a right hayemaker lands he can turn anyones lights out but since its only hands Sonnen has to worry about I think his boxing is good enough to keep him safe.

Hendo's toughest fights will be against Wrestlers, He isnt great off his back and his cardio doesnt hold up when a Wrestlers is pushing the pace.

-------------

Also Bisping subbing Sonnen is a laugh! Sonnen hasnt been subbed by anyone who isnt an elite level BJJ guy in near 10 years in his 1st 10 fights... Its as less likely Bisping subs him than Lands a powderpuff punch while running backwards and puts Sonnen to sleep!

I wonder how Bisping sees himself winning. I dont know what his tactic will be.
    quicksuperlee
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  quicksuperlee Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:

lol!

When he says he's been "rolling with Jake Shields, Dean Lister and a wash of other world champions" he means he's been getting tapped out every few minutes lately. I heard Shields tapped him 11 times in 3 5minute sparring sessions.

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!!

All i ever hear at the place i train is that bisping is underrated on his back!!! Funny!!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Sure if he is Dangerous on his back im sure Sonnen would have no problem punching the head off him on the feet. Sonnen slipped punches and decked Anderson. Bisping standing should be a walk in the park in comparison....

Pick your poision Michael Bisping!

Usual Jab and run = Sonnen Charges him down
    Stand and fight toe to toe = Sonnen will knock him down or out
    Take the fight down = Bisping cant take Sonnen down with 100 trys
    Pull guard and go for a sub = haha lets see how that works out.

Id love to hear how he thinks he wins this one in his own words.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 pm

The only way I can see Bisping winning, is if Sonnen injures himself during the walk out.

Plan A - Bisping to try and keep distance, and throws pitter patter punches from the back foot = Sonnen to close gap, eat a few and either KO's him with superior striking, or takes him to the floor and GnP's him.

Plan B - there is no plan B.

There is NO area where Bisping is better than Sonnen, even in the pre-fight trash talk, Sonnen is by far the better.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:The only way I can see Bisping winning, is if Sonnen injures himself during the walk out.

Plan A - Bisping to try and keep distance, and throws pitter patter punches from the back foot = Sonnen to close gap, eat a few and either KO's him with superior striking, or takes him to the floor and GnP's him.

Plan B - there is no plan B.

There is NO area where Bisping is better than Sonnen, even in the pre-fight trash talk, Sonnen is by far the better.

Yup this is as close as a gimme can get for Sonnen Bisping will be like a fish out of water here can not see how he wins this apart from a miracle sub but Bisping hasn't shown be he is capable of this in fights where he has been on his back.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I predict a right upper cut from bisping in the first that puts Sonnen in a coma!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:48 pm

pinsman wrote:I predict a right upper cut from bisping in the first that puts Sonnen in a coma!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:
    pinsman wrote:I predict a right upper cut from bisping in the first that puts Sonnen in a coma!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

This is a joke right? lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm