THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Once Mohawked Pete
1972-casual
Cowboys From Hell
sunthunder
Mryzyz
Anfields5thKing
efils_god
11 posters

Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131 Empty Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 am

The UFC has just announced that Mark Munoz, fresh of a KO victory over CB Dollaway, will face Demain Maia, who hasn't fought since his UD victory over Kendall Grove in December.

How do you guys see this fight going? I actually think Munoz will take this, he has much heavier hands and his stand-up is improving all the time. I think Maia may have trouble getting Munoz down to the ground, and Munoz, although a wrestler, will be wise to keep it standing with Maia.

I call Munoz KO round 2.

As a side note, this match-up limits the number of feasible options as a next opponent for everyone's favourite Michael Bisping...

I thought he may have replaced Akiyama against MArquardt, but obviously not...

He could still be thrown to Sonnen, or Palhares, or a Wandi rematch i suppose?

What do you guys think?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131 Empty Re: Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 am

I want him to face Sonnen and get the beating of a lifetime.

I'd happily see him face Palhares and get something snapped, or Belfort and get KO'd.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131 Empty Re: Two possible fights ruled out for Bisping --> Munoz-Maia set for UFC131

Post  Mryzyz Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:28 am

I vaguely remember reading a rumour somewhere that Sonnen v Bisping was being lined up in June for #1 contenership.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:48 am

It shows what a joke the UFC is rankings wise when Michael Bisping is being considered for number 1 contender. He's never beaten a top 10 fighter. His only top 15 win was against a man who belongs at 170. Bisping is not, and never has been, top 10. Sonnen will destroy him.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 am

I agree, sonnen is a big MW, possibly bigger than bisping and definately stronger. I just can't see anywhere where Bisping wins the fight.

I'd worry that bisping would run for 3 rounds against Belfort, who may gas. Would hate to see that, but the pleasure of seeing Bisping KO'd is worth the risk...

What about Munoz-Maia, how do you guys see that going down?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:06 am

I'm kind of surprised to see both Maia and Santiago locked up in fights with tough opponents, those two are probably the best name guys you could match Bisping up with that he'd have a chance to beat.

Either Bisping gets Sonnen/Belfort/Wand or he'll be matched up with an absolute lame duck for him to blow through again.

I do hope for a Sonnen-Bisping TUF though. I don't watch TUF anymore but that would be epic shit.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

Interesting fight probably got to favour Munoz If he can keep it standing.

Sonnen seems the logical choice I don't think there is anything else really with Okami probably fighting Silva in the summer (although I have feeling he could get shafted out of a Title fight) who is available for The Cunt apart from Sonnen with Wand & Vitor seem to be tapped for Brazil there is no other option.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Anfield, I can't believe you put so much effor into hating Bisping.

At least he wins some fights unlike alot of British MMA fighters of late. I appreciate he seems to get offered fights he can win but nevertheless.

I agree with sunthunder - Sonnen v Bisping TUF would end up being on BBC1 at 7.30.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:06 pm

I really, really hope for Sonnen vs Bitchping, I couldn't imagine anything better, than to watch him get taken apart by Chael (even though I'm not a huge fan of Sonnen's either), if only Mike was half as good as he thinks he is........

With regards to Munoz/Maia, can see Munoz keeping it stood up and picking Demian apart with better stand up. Munoz stoppage, sometime in the first 2.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 pm

He's fighting bums. When he fights, and beats, a decent fighter then let me know. Much more respect to Hardy who's fighting really tough fighters. GSP, Condit and Rumble back to back.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah Anfield let me know when Hardy beats anyone decent. Hardy has only beaten bums in the UFC - as soon as he's fought anyone decent he's lost. Being from Nottingham I'm a big Hardy fan but what I've said is true. I can't seen him beating Rumble either. So my arguement is he's no better than Bisping (to date)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Hardy FIGHTS. Bitchping RUNS.

Hardy is fighting the best fighters and he doesn't talk himself up and act like he's something special.

Bisping is fighting cans and the only reason he's even considered for top 10 is his mouth and the UFC hype machine which uses him to promote in the UK.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

My point is Hardy comes to 'fight' against good fighters and gets outclassed (GSP) and KTFO (Condit). No good coming to 'fight' if you haven't got it. You may as well try and fight a smarter fight and avoid get KO'd and sneal a Win somehow. Plenty of people out there who come to fight but get picked off.

And Hardy does run his mouth, he did it against Marcus Davies (something which Bisping wold have got a lot of stick for). He also mouthed off against Mike 'one trick' Swick as he called him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Big difference is Hardy is humble and Bisping is not nothing wrong with hyping a fight but at least be humble in victory or defeat.

Bisping comes across as spoiled sensitive brat I haven't seen Hardy squirt water at someone, spit at a Cornerman or act like a complete Dick towards a deaf person their is no comparison Jorge was right Bisping is a dick.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Dana White has announced what the big punishment to Michael Bisping was...

Could it be a suspension? Or maybe a huge fine I hear you ask?..

Well guys get ready to learn the huge punishment Bisping got!

Dana said he didn't give Bisping his win bonus for the Rivera fight, i'm sure that will make Bisping learn his lesson! scratch
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 pm

cowboy from hell - point better made than simply saying bisping fights bums.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Point better made?

Bisping has a record padded by being handfed a bunch of bums. Every top fighter he's faced has beaten him. That's FACT.

Getting sparked the way he did against Condit is not getting outclassed, he simply got beaten to the punch. What Dan Henderson did to Bisping was outclass him. and then spark him. Hendo laughed at Bisping at one point.

Hardy got outclassed against GSP, as have Fitch, Koscheck, Hughes, and Alves. No shame there.

Condit and GSP would destroy the cunt, and they're both smaller than him.

Not sure what you're struggling with.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 am

Anfield, I'm struggling with the fact that your argument is based on the fact you hate Bisping more than anything else.

I agree about elements of his behaviour being crass and wholly unacceptable I can't help feeling if he was a far nicer guy and was more respectful in his behaviour people would give his fighting record alot more credit.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm

he could be the nicest guy in the world, his record would still be poor. He's fought 3 top 10 fighters in his career and lost all of them. His performance against Henderson was embarrassing. Henderson schooled him, laughed at him and then sparked him.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Well said Anfield, you were right all along!
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 pm

The problem with Bispings record is that he has continually been given lateral or backwards steps in competition in the aim of giving him cheap wins for the UK crowd. Most coddled fighter in the sport. For example, Akiyama was only a few days removed from a lacklustre showing against Leben before he was announced as Bispings next opponent. It was just like Dana offering Shogun a fight with Liddell in the locker room after he looked awful against Coleman.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Almost as daft as giving Hardy a title shot after a few wins over mid-carders.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Hardy was given a shot against GSP because there was nobody else to get the shot. Bisping had his chance at a title shot(completely undeservedly). He got his ass handed to him by Hendo and lost it.

Bisping has been handed things on a plate. He was handed a place coaching on TUF. Comically, Rich Franklin and Hendo had to fight for the honour of facing The Cunt!! Then when Dana White was asked what weight the winner of Franklin-Hendo would face Bisping at, rather than just say 185 he was very specific "oh, they'll fight at Bisping's weight". Dana has been trying to hand Bisping a title shot for years. Bisping's not good enough to take it. Hardy was. He had a chance, he was told "beat Swick and the title shot is yours". He beat Swick and got his title shot.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm

"Hardy was. He had a chance, he was told "beat Swick and the title shot is yours". He beat Swick and got his title shot".That's a bit like saying "Bisping, beat Leben and the title shot is yours"

Anfield your sentence "Bisping has been handed things on a plate. He was handed a place coaching on TUF. Comically, Rich Franklin and Hendo had to fight for the honour of facing The Cunt"!! says it all really. You hate Bisping and that's that. Point taken!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Mike Swick was a top 10 WW. Hardy beat him.

Bisping has never beaten a top 10 fighter. Bisping was told go and beat Hendo and the title shot is yours. He was shown up as a shit fighter.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 pm