THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+12
Sheldan
ChelseaQuinsfan
2brutal
Once Mohawked Pete
redmeanie77
p4pnumber_1
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
thebadgersbits
Cowboys From Hell
manschesthair_utd
16 posters

Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans"

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans" Empty Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans"

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:43 pm

http://www.tatame.com.br/2011/12/11/UFC--Falsidade-Video-desmascara-Jones-apos-luta

JUST WATCH THE VIDEO!

this is embarrasing, I have no respect for either of these men.

thoughts?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans" Empty Re: Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans"

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm

That is disgusting and people wonder why many dislike either man........Don't like to use the word but those two are a pair of smarmy cunts hard to like either of them.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans" Empty Re: Greg Jackson: "Jon go and check on Lyoto; get some fans"

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Am i missing something there ?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Can't watch the video on my phone but is it possible it was just a joke? Maybe some post fight banter between two very happy winners? I don't know.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 pm

I dont like Greg Jackson, I dont like the way his "Gameplans" to me minuplate the holes in MMA's scoring and judging.

But people want to hate Jon Jones and I dont get it. He does try to come across as a nice guy, even if he isnt but he isnt a cunt because he had to be told to check on the figher he just dropped.

How many people like Hendo for hitting Bisping after he KO'd him and admitted it, there have been fighters who have made cutthroat signs or titos gravedigger things and not checked on the guy they just Sparked so why is Jones any different?

He is a young guy being told how to act in press confrences and how to act after the fight, To be more successfull. Ive no bad feeling to him for it, some people nature is when adrenaline is pumpling they arent thinking of the guy they just beat. Its nothing new.

Its slimy from Greg Jackson, Win fans... I dont like it but Jones is a really exciting fighter getting shit for nothing. Do people not enjoy watching him? The backlash against him is incredible for someone fun to watch despite being under Greg Jacksons wing.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Can't watch the video on my phone but is it possible it was just a joke? Maybe some post fight banter between two very happy winners? I don't know.

Greg Jackson told Jones to go check on Machida and win some fans when he was lieing looking a out of it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I dont like Greg Jackson, I dont like the way his "Gameplans" to me minuplate the holes in MMA's scoring and judging.

But people want to hate Jon Jones and I dont get it. He does try to come across as a nice guy, even if he isnt but he isnt a cunt because he had to be told to check on the figher he just dropped.

How many people like Hendo for hitting Bisping after he KO'd him and admitted it, there have been fighters who have made cutthroat signs or titos gravedigger things and not checked on the guy they just Sparked so why is Jones any different?

He is a young guy being told how to act in press confrences and how to act after the fight, To be more successfull. Ive no bad feeling to him for it, some people nature is when adrenaline is pumpling they arent thinking of the guy they just beat. Its nothing new.

Its slimy from Greg Jackson, Win fans... I dont like it but Jones is a really exciting fighter getting shit for nothing. Do people not enjoy watching him? The backlash against him is incredible for someone fun to watch despite being under Greg Jacksons wing.

He comes across as a cocky arrogant twat in interviews, press conferences and apparently in person too although I haven't had the displeasure as yet.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

the disgusting thing faking concern shown for his opponent.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:19 pm

The people who're upset about the way Machida fell and actually blame Jones are retarded. So what he didn't gently lay him down like he was putting his childen to bed, the ref (was it Big John?) let Lyoto slip right through his hands!

Imagine last nights card was shown live on Fox, what would the backlash be like? We had a 7 second KO, a dodgy decision, an anticlimactic body blow KO, and two horribly gruesome submissions!!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 pm

How does anyone know Jones wasn't going to go check on Machida before Jackson told him to?? He's checked on all his previous opponents hasn't he?
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 pm

It's not so much the having to be told to check on him that's annoying, it's the "get some fans" bit! He should be checking on the health of his opponent to see if he's okay, not for his own personal benefit.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah people dont warm to him as a person but Mike Tyson was a convicted rapist and he had plenty of fans... I dont tend to hate fighers for their personality a lot, If Bisping was Hip Throwing, German Suplexing, Spinning elbowing people Id like him as a figher! Laughing

Matt Hughes is a complete bible bashing Knob end but I cheered him when he was dropping people on their heads. Ill cheer an entertaining figher before ill cheer a nice guy.

All that happened was a coach told a adrenaline fueled young fighter to calm himself down afer a win and go do the right thing.

Greg Jackson comes across as slimy by caring more about getting fans that the fighers health but dont judge a young figher who had to be told to check on an oppoent because its like Miguel Torres getting fired... he did something others have done before and others have done 10X worse but he is getting the shit for it. Arsehole or not he hasnt dont anyhting to take shit about here I reckon.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:39 pm

I dont really have any opinion on john jones other than he's a boring cunt .
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

thebadgersbits wrote:I dont really have any opinion on john jones other than he's a boring cunt .

Nice to watch fight though?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:55 pm

behaving like an arrogant prick (Bisping, Hughes) is one thing, its their personality - you dont have to like them.

This is an attempt (on the part of Jackson more than Jones) to cheat fans into liking his fighter, by faking concern for an opponent. Its really low and utterly classless, far worse than spitting in his face for example.
    You can say "maybe he was really concerned about Machida" and maybe he was, but then why the need to qualify the instruction by saying "get some fans"?

Mike Tyson was who he was and he had many fans because of or in spite of it. He wasnt trying to con anyone into liking him.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    thebadgersbits wrote:I dont really have any opinion on john jones other than he's a boring cunt .

Nice to watch fight though?

If you hate Jones he Isn't Very Happy .
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Haha thats what I mean. Truthfully though everyone who hates Jones would probabally use his Hl videos to show one of their mates what MMA is all about. He will finish his career with a Hl reel to Rival Crocops! Wink
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Nah I'd spin them a Minowaman Highlight reel.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:13 pm

I dont even know why fans want to see Bones check on Lyoto?? How is Bones supposed to help? Everyone loves it when Wandi and Shogun were soccer kicking guys over in pride. But go crazy about Bones choking out Machida and letting him drop on his head. Or when Diaz runs to other corner and starts saying fuck you bitch and flipping people off.

The same guys who enjoy all this, for some reason cant stand the fact that Jones seems to be overly nice and think he's being fraud.

Anyway this is more about the coach telling him this more than anything else, they want Bones to go over there so he can look good, and not because they care about Lyoto.

Mir tore apart Nog's arm and never checked on him, until he looked back when Rogan was interviewing him saying "oh yeah, hope he's ok".
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Yeah i dont mind watching him fight just cant be assed to listen to anything he says ,nothing witty ,nothing of interest at all from him just as well put a traffic cone there for his fight promo events .

Fight wise he's good to watch dont care if he wins nor loses tbh
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:51 pm

This IMO, should have very little effect on how people judge or view Jones, as Ben said earlier, I don't think that Jones comes across as anything other, than a young, hungry fighter. He let go of Machida, the moment that the ref stepped in, and IMO, that should be the main issue, and not whether he ensures that the other fighter is okay, how many times have we seen Mir hold on to a sub too long? Or keep on throwing shots when the ref is trying to step in? Yet there seems to be plenty of love for Mir.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:How does anyone know Jones wasn't going to go check on Machida before Jackson told him to?? He's checked on all his previous opponents hasn't he?

No he hasn't.

And it was pretty obvious because he was standing next to John McCarthy and chatting with his entourage when Jackson started shouting at him to do it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:This IMO, should have very little effect on how people judge or view Jones, as Ben said earlier, I don't think that Jones comes across as anything other, than a young, hungry fighter. He let go of Machida, the moment that the ref stepped in, and IMO, that should be the main issue, and not whether he ensures that the other fighter is okay, how many times have we seen Mir hold on to a sub too long? Or keep on throwing shots when the ref is trying to step in? Yet there seems to be plenty of love for Mir.

Mir's an arrogant prick as well.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Haha thats what I mean. Truthfully though everyone who hates Jones would probabally use his Hl videos to show one of their mates what MMA is all about. He will finish his career with a Hl reel to Rival Crocops! Wink

No he won't. Not even close to it.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Jones says that winklejohn rekons bones could have a better jab than mohammed ali

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am