THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Arlovski with Greg Jackson

great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Arlovski with Greg Jackson Empty Arlovski with Greg Jackson

Post  great_ginger_10 Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:10 am

Hello everyone

I haven't been on here in ages so I don't know if this topic has been brought up and discussed before, if it has, sorry.

I heard somewhere that Arlovski is now training with Greg Jackson and his team, can anyone confirm on deny this for me please. If it is true I think it is a great move and may help him get back on the right track, he has become a little too one dimensional in his last fights, as good as his stand up is he neglected the rest of his game which is very good as well.

Cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Arlovski with Greg Jackson Empty Re: Arlovski with Greg Jackson

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:04 am

Yes mate it is ture, I think he moved to Jacksons camp about a month back and is ready to make a return anytime soon. (Id love to see Strikeforce pick up his contract) Yeah he had become very 1 dimentional, Just sticking to his Boxing got him KO'd. Jackson is probabally the best coach in MMA (I Voted him as best coach in the end of year awards on fighers only anyway!) and I think he will really help Arlovski get his career back on track.

I dont think UFC will have him back but I think Strikeforce would welcome him with open arms if he dropped his asking price. Werdum is in line for a title shot and Arlovski beat him. There are a few great figths in Strikeforce for Arlovski, Id kill to see him vs Bigfoot or him vs Sefo.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:21 pm

The UFC should take him with all the problems they have at the momment. At his best he is a brilliant fighter. Hope to see him back.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah good call, JDS is without an opponent, and another big name win would make him a title contender. On the other hand if Arlovski beat JDS no big loss he is still young but it puts Arlovski back on the map as a top contender. Id actually rather see him back in UFC. Good call. If he looses he could always fight Crocop
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:44 am

I think Jackson hugely over-rated to be honest.

Arlovski would have been better off going to ATT or the Ribiero's gym. He needs to relearn to use his grappling and guerrilla-jitsu or whatever it's called is not what he needs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:47 pm