THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
lyalla2
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Arlovski's Future

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Arlovski's Future Empty Arlovski's Future

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 pm

With Arlovski training at Greg Jacksons camp surely he will be an improved fighter. There will always be the worry about his Chin but he cant fix that. He just needs to cover up better and move his head more as well as perhaps mixing up his game.

I wonder where he will end up? I think Strikeforce cut him because he wanted too much pay... I dont think UFC will have him back because he left them to go to Affliction and I dont think they will resign him off the back of a loss.

I think he will take a paycut and Join the Strikeforce roster after he gets an easy win somewhere. Id like to see him get a rematch with Rogers if Rogers looses to Fedor. Also a fight with Overeem would work too.

Dream are having Tim Syliva fight Hong Man Choi... perhaps he could go to Japan and look to fight the winner of that? Josh Barnett is inactive and there arent many options out there for him. Maby we will see Arlovski go to Sengoku and Fight him?
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Arlovski's Future Empty Re: Arlovski's Future

Post  lyalla2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I like Arlovski as a fighter, but I think he has drifted to gatekeeper status. Still a good fighter, but will not be challenging for any titles unless the promotion has a shallow heavyweight division. The chin is too much of a liability. It was fairly big punchers that knocked him out, but in the heavyweight division, nearly everyone is a big puncher.

I think eventually there will be a Sylvia rematch down the line possibly in Dream, which I would actually look forward to. I would like to seem him knock out Overeem too.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Overeem has been KO'd a good few times as well, I think Arlovski vs Overeem would be a great fight. Im looking forward to hearing who his next opponent will be... Monson is always free!!
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I really hate Overeem, so would really enjoy a fight between the two of them. Obviously would enjoy it less if there was a slight wind and it caught Arlovski's chin.

I think he might fight Ricco Rodriguez. A rematch against a fighter who will fight anyone.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Good call on Rodriguez thats a fight I wouldnt mind seeing, Pedro Rizzo as well maby? Especially as he is coming off a decent win. Trying to avenge wither of these losses would be a big step in the right direction.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:33 pm

I'd like Arlovski to come back to the UFC.

Because I want to see Cro-cop vs Arlovski before either one calls it quits.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

I dont see why UFC shouldnt give him a crack at Crocop, Both are coming off a few bad recent losses. Id like to see it happen but I think were going to see Mirko vs Pat Barry now.
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  paul815 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Arlovski training at Greg Jackson's gym is VERY good news. You dont go from being UFC champ to being a gatekeeper at his age. I think Jackson will make a few much needed changes to his game; and hopefully bring the best out of him. Heres hoping!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:I dont see why UFC shouldnt give him a crack at Crocop, Both are coming off a few bad recent losses. Id like to see it happen but I think were going to see Mirko vs Pat Barry now.

NOO!!

i hope we dont see Crocop vs Barry i would worry for Mirko (again) feed him a grappler, he is like Chuck in that he will beat any grappler he gets put against (bar Gonzaga) but the difference is, Mirko used to be able to outstrike the top strikers aswell, apart from the Choi fight, in his recent performanes against Kongo, Overeem, Dos Santos he hasnt done that.

Crocop vs Rolles, now THAT is a fight i would want to see, or Crocop vs Monson, get him back on the KO streak!

anyway a bit off topic Embarassed
    lyalla2
    lyalla2
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  lyalla2 Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 pm

paul815 wrote:Arlovski training at Greg Jackson's gym is VERY good news. You dont go from being UFC champ to being a gatekeeper at his age. I think Jackson will make a few much needed changes to his game; and hopefully bring the best out of him. Heres hoping!

Bear in mind he has being fighting for 10 years and has now been knocked out 6 times. Once the chin goes, then there is a massive problem. I really dont want him to go down that way, but I have a feeling that he may be a big name that up and comers fight to step up a level. Expect Bobby Lashley to fight him some time around 2016.
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  paul815 Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

That's where Greg Jackson comes in.............. Being a former UFC champ obviously means he's got talent, but i dont think he's evolved enough. Greg will hopefully iron out a lot of his problems and stop him making the mistakes he's making. Look how well he was doing against Fedor for instance, till a rush of blood to the head ruined everything! I'm confident he will vastly improve.

Last edited by paul815 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Arlovski vs Barnett is a must.

Arlovski vs Overroid is a must.

Arlovski vs Rogers 2 would be good but Arlovski would have to go for the takedown and use his sambo!

Arlovski vs Big Foot Silva is a must

Arlovski vs Aleks is the one i want to see.

Plenty of HW action outside the UFC.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

From MMA Fanhouse...

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/11/09/andrei-arlovski-eyeing-dec-19-strikeforce-or-new-years-eve-in/#cont

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is looking to fight by the end of the year and could be competing at Strikeforce: Evolution on Dec. 19 or in Japan with Sengoku or Dynamite!! 2009 on New Year's Eve.

FanHouse has learned that Arlovski's management has been in discussions with the aforementioned organizations and Arlovski is currently training to potentially fight on one of those cards.

Interestingly, Arlovski, who is coming off a pair of knockout losses this year to Fedor Emelianenko in January and Brett Rogers in June, could have fought on the Fedor vs. Rogers card this past weekend. Arlovski was offered Mike Whitehead, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Whitehead and Sokoudjou would have moved up in weight) and finally Antonio Silva, but parties could not agree to the matchups.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker teased the media late Saturday at the Fedor vs. Rogers post-fight conference by saying that there will be two big heavyweight signings to be announced within the next 10 days. Could Arlovski be one of them?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:30 am

Just read that too! Awsome news, Arlovski in Strikeforce/Dream will be great. Even if he went in with a fight against say Bigfoot. Perhaps one of those K-1 fighers that will fight in the Newyears event could fight Arlovski in MMA? Id kill to see Arlovski vs JLB in MMA.

So thats probabally one of the two signings, Id love the other to be Barnett or Aleks but I dont know what the likleyhood of either is.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:37 am