THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

future plans for DREAM....

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

future plans for DREAM.... Empty future plans for DREAM....

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Mr. Sasahara in the pre fight press conference, talking about his plans for the near future...

(cliff notes at bottom)

"
    From the beginning, we had planned to start the event with Minowaman/Ambriz and close it with Bibiano/Joachim. But we placed the Noons/Dida fight right after the intermission by design. It's indicative of our high expectations.

Bibiano was quite apologetic when when he forgot to bring his belt. (sarcastic laugh) Everything is OK though. It's somewhere in Japan I hear and it will arrive tomorrow. If he had forgotten to bring his belt to Japan, it would be the first time in history. (laughter)

All the bouts have some kind of title implications and will affect future matchups. If Josh gets by Mo decisively, then there will be talks about Alistair or Fedor. If we have Josh vs Alistair, it will probably be in the summer or fall. I'm thinking that the DREAM heavyweight title match will be between Alistair and someone.

We wanted to bring in some new faces but no one wanted to fight Josh. So if Josh wins in good fashion, our goal is to do Josh vs Alistair, and then the winner of that to face Fedor.

I'm not sure of the specifics in Fedor's contract, but it's based on Strikeforce so he won't fight in Japan for a while. He's the best fighter in the world and it's not up to just my intentions as there are many factors surrounding the situation. It's not easy.

If we can get Fedor to fight the DREAM heavyweight champion, it would surely be a fight to determine the "one in six billion" man. I would like to have that fight on NYE or at some other appropriate event.

I wanted to have guys like Arlovski and Sylvia at DREAM.13. I think they will fight here soon. If Ambriz wins tomorrow, I presume he may come to me and ask to be included in the mix. There's other potential superhuman opponents for Minowaman, so I intend on setting those up. He wants those kind of dream matches so we will oblige. We won't have a super hulk tournament this year.

As for the April event in Korea, we are in the final tuning stage. We intended on making some announcements tomorrow, but it may be a bit delayed. The theme may be "Korea vs The World".

At first I thought Hansen has the advantage, but seeing Bibiano today, he has some good reach and they're both pretty much the same size. There's no doubt that it will be an all-out war. I think Joachim's knees may make the difference. If Bibiano gets exhausted and goes in for a takedown, Joachim may end it with a knee to the face. But if goes to the ground, I think Bibiano has the advantage.

"

notes:

- all of the D13 fights have title implications.

- there will be a HW title fight in the summer: Overeem vs Barnett if he gets past Mo decisivley.

- Hope for HW champion to fight Fedor, possible at Dynamite or another significant event.

- Arlovski and Sylvia will fight in DREAM "soon".

- Hulks lined up for Minowaman but no tournament this year.

- Announcements regarding April event in Korea tomorrow, expected theme: Korea vs the world.

sounds good, especially regarding the HW division.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

future plans for DREAM.... Empty Re: future plans for DREAM....

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 pm

If Barnett beats Mo then Overeem he is one of the best heavys in the world again without a doubt, top 3 id say. Great to see Arlovski and Sylvia back in the Mix at Hw. Im telling you were going to get to see JLB kicks Sylvia to a living death! Dream own his contract and Syliva is dumb enough to take the fight! Good times for Heavyweights outside the UFC, this co promotion is really paying off

Minowa to fight more Hulks! cheers Its a shame that he wont try to be a ranked legit Mw, I seriously think with the form he is on, a bit of weight cutting and he could easily be a top 10 Mw... Im not to fussed he is sticking to fighting freaks though I just hope they are a better quality of freak than The Titan! Laughing

Wikipedia has said Dream 14 will be in Korea and mentioned the Korean fighers who are possibilities. No one to write home about! Cant see it being a great event, but some great fights and exciting anouncments....

Also....

Bring back the White Cage! Laughing

future plans for DREAM.... 0
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 pm

in their press conference in january they said they were bringing back the white cage for 1 event this year.

i hope we see Minowa in the LHW GP this year, i cant see him wanting to cut to MW.
    when he fought there before he wasnt cutting any weight, but he is stacked now compared to then.

If Fedor beats Werdum then the Overeem/Barnett winner (if that fight happens) he cements his p4p status, to me it is already cemented but if he did that how could there be any doubters?

out of interest who do you see becoming the first Dream HW champ if Overeem fights Barnett for the title?

very difficult to call IMO.

as for better hulks than the titan...

Schilt, Pudzianowski, Le Banner if you can call him a hulk.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Minowa in the Lhw GP is a fantastic shout mate, I dont see why he wouldnt go for it. I just said MW because most Lhw are cutting from about 220lbs and he walks about a good bit lighter... then again thats pretty much his thing! Yeah Id love to see him in the GP and they have what 5 spaces still to fill? Minowa has fought Schilt before but Id like to see a rematch, a win over Schilt would really top off his career.... Come on Valuev give up on boxing! Minowa needs a freak and you fit the bill

future plans for DREAM.... Imgnikolai%20valuev4

Werdum then the winner of that and honestly Fedor could retire! I just hope M-1 dont try and hold Dream to ransom over crazy demands!

Overeem vs Barnett is a really interesting fight. This will sound crazy but I think Overeem would win that fight. He is so heavy handed and if you look at the trouble Alkes caused Barnett I can see Overeem doing better because quite honestly he is a better version of Aleks. Styles make fight and I think Barnett would get mashed by Overeem. Barnett would have to be very wary about shooting for the TD because Overeems knees are lethal and he is quick enough reactioned to hit him on the way in. What you think?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

firstly the GP has 4 people confirmed, 4 more spaces:

Babalu
    Mousasi
    Sokodjou
    and Christian M'Pumbu

are confirmed, a few possibilities if they are looking for established stars like Bablu, and a lot of good prospects if they want more guys like M'Pumbu.

its not crazy to think alistair would win, he has been flawles in his last ..what? 8-10 mma fights? i know they were against cans but Barnett has fought maybe 2 or 3 times in that span.

I think Alistair is in trouble if Barnett puts him on his back.
    its by far his worst position and he seems to have little to no gnp defence, and even worse heart.

standing alistair takes it, he is known to be chinny and JB has some power (all guys that size do!) but i think he has a better chin since putting on the muscle.

i would take Barnett for the win just because he is smart and will try to get Alistair down, and wrestling shoes give him an advantage when trying takedowns.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am

I would have Overeem by KO. I am not impressed at all by Barnett's stand up. And i know Overeem has been submitted a few times before by high level grapplers but i cant see Barnett taking down and submitting Overroid or dry humping a decision.

Each time i see Overroid fight, he scares me a little Neutral

He has done himself proud in K-1 over last year, and he keeps getting bigger and stronger. I thought Fugita was dead at that fight. And did you see how easily he rag dolled Badr Hari?? affraid Guess he forgot he wasnt in MMA. The guy is super strong now.

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:15 am

overeem is a bully! Laughing

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 am

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am

Well thats one way of relieving the roid rage. Wink

If i saw him doing that to my bike, i would so let him have it. (The bike i mean Laughing )
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am

He's one hard mother hubberd... never seen a bike take such a beating Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:07 pm