THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
poz
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
7 posters

Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans

Poll

Was the fight stopped too early?

[ 8 ]
    Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans I_vote_lcap89%Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans I_vote_rcap [89%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans I_vote_lcap11%Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans I_vote_rcap [11%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans Empty Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Refs need to know the fighters. Did he see my fight with Andrei Arlovski? The second one – I got dropped, got up, and KO’d him. The Randy Couture fight I got dropped and fought for twenty five minutes.

It was stopped way too early…It was bullsh*t. The sad part is the ref told the promoter and my corner he was sorry because he knew he made a mistake and stopped it a little early.

I still love this sport and always will. I went into the fight with a bum knee and it got worse somehow during the fight so I go in for a MRI sometime this week and might need surgery. We will see.

I will never fight at Super Heavyweight again. I fight much better at 265 so from here on out that’s what I am going to fight at.
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2011/01/31/tim-sylvia-speaks-after-upset-loss-to-abe-wager-at-titan-fc-16/
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans Empty Re: Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 pm

he has good attitude, i was afraid he was going to let himself go even more after this.
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans Empty Re: Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans

Post  poz Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 am

Hm, so if Tim is to be believed, it was part of his 'plan' to be a super heavy? Rather than not take the fight seriously or be bothered to train and cut some weight?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm not to convinced with Tim TBH as the old saying goes "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me" this is the 2nd time he has turned up out of shape and got sparked out in 30 seconds.

I have to say the Rizzo fight could be interesting If it still goes ahead in March.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Cowboy From Hell wrote:I'm not to convinced with Tim TBH as the old saying goes "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me" this is the 2nd time he has turned up out of shape and got sparked out in 30 seconds.

I have to say the Rizzo fight could be interesting If it still goes ahead in March.

Shame Dana isnt interested in the winner but Id guess SF will be. If the Happens at 265 and Tim wins he can say he is back, just beat a legend and won a title. If Rizzo wins he wins against an at least more in shape Sylvia and is probabally top 15 ranked.

Sylvia on the loss to Wagner and future plans 15fn9t4

Im hoping for Rizzo to the honest, Rizzo has had his moments in the sport he is verging on hall of famer status. Him in strikeforce would be great. Sergei and AA rematches would be great never mind being a test for the other up and commers and non ranked guys like SRD, Cormier, Lavar or even Sefo would be cool.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

im not convinced timmeh will be in a big org any time soon, plus he always has his police job to fall back on.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 pm

What if Rizzo steamrolled him, do you think SF might give him a chance?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 pm

rizzo has a shot i think he looks impressive of late.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Not sure why the question in the poll is "was it an early stoppage?". It was undoubtedly early but the question is where does Sylvia go now? He was on a nice four fight win streak before this, had he won he would surely have been snapped up by one of the big 2 orgs, but i fear he's just completely blown his chance.

As king says he's always got the police force to fall back on but he's gonna get even more destroyed as a cop... If a guy like Wagner tools him like that just think what'll happen when he runs into a Tony Montana type Laughing

Nah, joking aside he doesn't sound like he's ready to give up yet, which is good. I hope he gets a chance at the top one last time, after he dispatches of Rizzo (as long as he comes in in shape, not saying he has to be below 265, but as long as he actually tries to get in shape, anywhere below 290 will be good.) who has looked OK of late.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:02 am