THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
p4pnumber_1
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
2brutal
Once Mohawked Pete
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
12 posters

Palhares is a beast!!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Palhares is a beast!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Palhares is a beast!!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:44 am

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Bustamante said:

“Perfect fight, everything went perfectly right, like we planned it to. There’re nights when things go our way and it was one of them. Palhares shone, he simply went there and did what we rehearsed and perfectly. I’m speechless. Live on TV Globo. Need I say something more?”

“That’s always the game plan (taking the fight to the ground): take it down where us, from Brazilian Top Team, are better. He was prepared for anything. His Boxing is better, he’s kicking very well. He’s very comfortable and he proved that during the fight.”

“I want a main event (for Palhares). If it all goes right, soon he’ll be fighting for the title. That’s what we’re waiting for. He’s ready. Now it’s up to UFC to decide. I guess he’s ready for a main event and ready for anything. If UFC gives us the chance, it depends on them. I guess UFC, better than any of us, knows better. I guess they’ve seen Toquinho’s potential in all ways.”
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Is it daft to say he kinda reminds me of a early Fedor? Just been watching a load of his videos on youtube, esp like the one at the ADCC where the fella says he didnt tap so Palhares gives him another chance and so almost disconnects his lower leg!
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 pm

thereis a documentary on youtube called the rise of touqino
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Alan Belcher on his fight with Toquinho, "I feel honored the UFC family wanted me to be on FOX card and believed in my abilities and show the fans that I'm gonna be a champ. I'm one of the top contenders and I'm ready to prove it. I'd be stupid to try and force a grappling match. I'm gonna use my strength, my strategy, not that I can't grapple, but he can't really strike that good. It's a huge advantage for me just by keeping it on the feet. He's gonna have to get me in one of those situations and I'm not gonna let that happen. Best of luck to him, I don't think he's gonna get a hold of me and do anything] I'm a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Some people might be surprised but I'll give him a nice little run on the ground and may submit him."
    drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 pm

"I'm a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu."

Im sure he's used to that, considering he's fought 4 in a row now, defeating 3 and submitting 2 of them.

Palhares by 1st round kneebar.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 am

Belcher must be high if he thinks he has anything to offer against Palhares on the ground. Maia and Jacare are the only ones in his leg, and in MMA I think Palhares would destroy Maia on the ground because he could use strikes.

I really want to see Palhares vs Jacare.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm