THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
8 posters

Palhares v Branch video !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Palhares v Branch video !! Empty Palhares v Branch video !!

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 pm

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=FJMXRLT0

Thought you guys might wanna give this a look, as i dont think many here have seen it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Palhares v Branch video !! Empty Re: Palhares v Branch video !!

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Nice 1 Meanie,thanks for sharing

I'm in awe of palhares's skills,especially when and how he grabs his opponents legs,he's an brilliant talent,but there's still something about him that I just don't like.

I actually thought he was going to deliberately hurt and hold onto that sub for longer than necessary again,he didn't,but I just don't trust him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 am

They really need to feed Nate The Grease to Palhares so that Rousimar can show the world what would have happened if Nate wasn't a cheating cunt who lubed up his legs.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:46 am

I still don't think there was any foul play on Nates behalf in that fight,more of a stupid moment and reaction by Palhares IMO,but I do think Palhares would beat him in a rematch.

Even though he's only 5'8,I'm not sure with that kind of bulk if Palhares could make WW,but I think he would be a great addition and make for a great challenger to GSP at WW,not that he can't still do good things at MW.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:16 am

Palhares is a world class BB in BJJ who's one of the very best in the world at leg locks. He doesn't make mistakes and when he grabs a leg the fight is over. Yet Nate was special and had the secret that nobody else has managed to discover? No. Nate cheated. He clearly had un-naturally slippery legs. And Herb Dean made a mess of his "grease test" by looking purely for vaseline rather than a water based lube which is what he should have looked for.

Palhares would be an animal at 170 but I'm not sure he could make it. He carries a lot of muscle.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 am

I have been calling for Palhares v Maia for ages now. It is a must see fight, would be ideal for UFC Brazil card.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Cheers for the post Red, I hadnt seen that. Palhares is a beast Ive been a big fan of his since he came to UFC. I think he would handle Maia no problem, his Bjj is good enough coupled with him being far stronger that he would be tough for Maia to sub in an MMA fight. Maia is a small 185er and Palhares could slam him at will... My money would be on Palhares.

The Nate fight was like a fight that ended in a NC for me and a lot of fan I think. Nate didnt beat him propperly. Palhares wasnt even fightig back after the leg lock attempt... Id back him to get the job done 2nd time around. I think he can be the fighter Filho never became.

Ive always wanted to see him fight Filho or Jacare. Youd wonder if he can make 185, he isnt a small 185er weight wise id imagine and he isnt carrying as much muscle as say Alves, I think he just has a massive frame looked twice as thick as Hendo who is a 205er now and its not like he is getting overpowered at 185, I think he is good where he is and I reckon he will be a title contender.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Probably the most well-rounded one dimensional fighter in MMA Laughing

Guys a beast!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:14 pm

The Palhares-Filho comparison is an excellent one. I'd like to see Palhares against Anderson to be honest.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Didn't think he would get it to start he did well in the first didn't look in trouble then 2nd round bang, he loves the leg locks, hope he gets another step up he was unlucky against nate
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:The Palhares-Filho comparison is an excellent one. I'd like to see Palhares against Anderson to be honest.

Chicken legs vs Palhares is an accident waiting to happen! Someone like Bisping would be his meal ticket to a title shot but if he needs lower ranked guys for now id suggest Leben whos stock is still high enough for Wand to call him out.

Belfort would be good as well because he struggles grappling wise.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 pm

I think I'd probably back Palhares against any MW to be honest. He's got a great chin, his stand-up is constantly improving, his grappling is incredible and his submissions are amazing. His only real loss was to Hendo and the only person in the MW division with Hendo's level of wrestling is Chael Sonnen. Sonnen has 1 weakness which just happens to be Palhares strength.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:I think I'd probably back Palhares against any MW to be honest. He's got a great chin, his stand-up is constantly improving, his grappling is incredible and his submissions are amazing. His only real loss was to Hendo and the only person in the MW division with Hendo's level of wrestling is Chael Sonnen. Sonnen has 1 weakness which just happens to be Palhares strength.

Very good point about Sonnen mate. Right now I wouldnt back anyone Anderson included to beat Sonnen if Ringrust isnt too much of an issue but thinking about the Maia loss Palhares is the worst possible fight for Sonnen, Sonnen getting Leglocked would supprise me.

The guy who beats Palhares is a guy who keeps it standing and beats him there, Even though he isnt a UFC fighter right now Lawler has the tools to give Palhares hell. In the UFC I think Stann might be a bad matchup for Palhares.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Didn't realise this place was the Palhares fan club? He messed up and Nate knocked him out. End of.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 pm

mikeyboybisping wrote:Didn't realise this place was the Palhares fan club? He messed up and Nate knocked him out. End of.

Yeah Palhares did mess up, but it hardly shows how a fight with them should have played out.. Its like saying Hamill beat Bones. End of.

It doesnt mean anything to me, Nate had shaven oily legs, Palhares complained. Both men were doing something they shouldnt have... Nate was being unsportsmanly and Palhares complained to the ref only to get suckerpunched.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:14 pm

mikeyboybisping wrote:Didn't realise this place was the Palhares fan club? He messed up and Nate knocked him out. End of.

haha that's funny. I suppose you think Bisping is a knock-out artist too?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:31 pm

We'll let you know when we need some windows licked sunshine. Now off you piss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am